PDA

View Full Version : tOSU stripped of Sugar Bowl Title

Hot Rod
1/12/2011, 07:44 AM
http://sportales.com/football/ohio-state-to-be-stripped-of-sugar-bowl-title/

Apparently the NCAA didn’t take the announcement that Terrelle Pryor would be skipping off to the NFL all that lightly, after all.

After making a ‘commitment’ to Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel to stay and serve his 5 game suspension in 2011, it was reported Tuesday that after evaluating his stock in this year’s NFL draft, Terrelle Pryor has changed his mind.

And apparently the NCAA is none too happy. So according to sources close to the committee, an announcement will be made before the end of the week that the Ohio State football program will not only be forced to vacate its Sugar Bowl victory over Arkansas, but for the entire 2010 college football
season. (Congratulations are in order for Michigan for finally finding a way to earn a victory over Trellel’s Buckeyes)

There has been no word as yet as to wheather the NCAA will issue consequences extending into the 2011 season.

On a related note, Cam Newton, the best player money could buy in 2010, celebrated his National Championship with his father (who wasn’t there, by the way). No NCAA violations there.

CBUS_SOONER
1/12/2011, 07:56 AM
Is this credible?

SC Sooner
1/12/2011, 08:18 AM
If true, looks like the NCAA got exposed, for screwing around with suspensions. What a joke. Of course, what difference does it make now, all games are done, fans have gone home, other than some ink in a few books, it's all show.

dwarthog
1/12/2011, 08:21 AM
Wow!

Wouldn't this be something if indeed it does happen.

Seems a bit speedy for NCAA actions though.

Soonermagik
1/12/2011, 08:23 AM
If this is credible then the NCAA is as much to blame. They didn't force Pryor to come back that was a deal that Tressel came up with. Who really cares if they do strip it from them. It's not like the game wasn't played, people are aware of the outcome. The fans will always say they won the Sugar Bowl and rightfully so.

The NCAA should have suspended them for the bowl game, but they didn't want to hurt the ratings. The NCAA is as unethical as the players.

PLaw
1/12/2011, 08:33 AM
If this is credible then the NCAA is as much to blame. They didn't force Pryor to come back that was a deal that Tressel came up with. Who really cares if they do strip it from them. It's not like the game wasn't played, people are aware of the outcome. The fans will always say they won the Sugar Bowl and rightfully so.

The NCAA should have suspended them for the bowl game, but they didn't want to hurt the ratings. The NCAA is as unethical as the players.

Well said, institutions mirror their governing bodies much like employees mirror their managers.

Again, it's all about the $$$$$. I still say Boz had it right.

BOOMER

cleller
1/12/2011, 08:37 AM
The NCAA got punked twice. Pryor the Liar poops on his agreement. Cam and Cecil squirted diarrhea all over their agreement for cecil not to go to the game. Cam clearly knew cecil would be there, and where to find him.

What a couple of bums. As any honest person could tell, both were using the NCAA all the way.

soonercastor
1/12/2011, 08:47 AM
this looks like a joke....

fwsooner22
1/12/2011, 08:53 AM
Umm....really.....I don't see this anywhere else.

soonercastor
1/12/2011, 08:54 AM
yeah quick google search links to this article and a few forums (including this one) that all quote the same article. So yeah, probably a joke.

swardboy
1/12/2011, 08:55 AM
sportales?
sport tales...

Theskipster
1/12/2011, 09:01 AM
I don't know how anybody could doubt an article submitted by someone called cybertruth.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/12/2011, 09:09 AM
Interesting...

rekamrettuB
1/12/2011, 09:37 AM
The NCAA got punked twice. Pryor the Liar poops on his agreement. Cam and Cecil squirted diarrhea all over their agreement for cecil not to go to the game. Cam clearly knew cecil would be there, and where to find him.

What a couple of bums. As any honest person could tell, both were using the NCAA all the way.

I highly doubt this story above has any credibility. The thing is the NCAA didn't suspend him for the Sugar Bowl so the NCAA wasn't punked and Ohio State did no wrong. Basically this "pledge" made was to Coach Tressel. Coach Tressel knew that at least 1 of those kids would bolt for the NFL and did it to keep the lions away of why he was allowing these kids to play in the Sugar Bowl. That's the way I've understood it since I first heard about "the pledge".

sooner518
1/12/2011, 09:46 AM
when did Terrelle Pryor announce he was going into the NFL?

I would love it if it was true. but its not.

also, the article is wrong saying that Cecil Newton was not at the BCS title game. He was, as was reported by many articles.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/12/2011, 09:59 AM

also, the article is wrong saying that Cecil Newton was not at the BCS title game. He was, as was reported by many articles.

^^^ This.

I don't pay attention to all the breaking news and stuff, but I haven't heard he declared. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if he does and breaks his "promise" but I haven't heard anything.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/12/2011, 10:03 AM

I don't think he has declared. This seems like a fake story. Pryor just had foot surgery a couple days ago right? Would he even be ready for combines, pro day, etc.???

Soonerite
1/12/2011, 10:04 AM

If Cecil Newton didn't use one of the student family tickets, how did he afford a seat at one of the most expensive national championship games of all time?

Mad Dog Madsen
1/12/2011, 10:06 AM
If Cecil Newton didn't use one of the student family tickets, how did he afford a seat at one of the most expensive national championship games of all time?

He prolly still has some of that $180,000. :D

sooner518
1/12/2011, 10:08 AM
He prolly still has some of that $180,000. :D
that money all went to his church ;)

article I read said that he sat with a bunch of other Auburn parents.

Mississippi Sooner
1/12/2011, 10:12 AM
It said Cam's father wasn't at the game. It didn't say anything about Cecil Newton. ;)

TUSooner
1/12/2011, 10:14 AM
Smells a bit like Onions (but not near as good)

cccasooner2
1/12/2011, 10:24 AM
That's a bunch of hooey.

TUSooner
1/12/2011, 10:29 AM
Neg spek to the OP for rank carelessness? It's not even good satire. :mad:

fwsooner22
1/12/2011, 10:33 AM
It's a trap !!!!

OUmillenium
1/12/2011, 10:56 AM
Akbar pic?

MyT Oklahoma
1/12/2011, 11:27 AM
All of those OSU players should have been suspended for the bowl game. The NCAA is a total and complete joke.

MyT Oklahoma
1/12/2011, 11:28 AM
And oh yeah.. if they had been OU players then Stoops would have thrown them off our team unlike Tressel.

soonerchk
1/12/2011, 11:55 AM

Exactly. At no point did the NCAA say that was a condition. Find this story highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Sooner_Tuf
1/12/2011, 12:59 PM
Anyone want to buy a bridge? Pick one, any one and I'll hook you up.

virginiasooner
1/12/2011, 01:13 PM
This is just a little bit too good to be true. But in the end it would not surprise me. Pryor is a liar, and Tressel got punked. That melodrama should get us through to the Spring game.

yermom
1/12/2011, 01:37 PM
it might as well have been some Michigan's Twitter page. this is just some blog trying to look official

soonerchk
1/12/2011, 01:49 PM
This is just a little bit too good to be true. But in the end it would not surprise me. Pryor is a liar, and Tressel got punked. That melodrama should get us through to the Spring game.

Did Tressel get punked if he knew they were probably lying in the first place?

SoonerMom2
1/12/2011, 05:03 PM
Would assume that his Dad used the tickets they gave athletes for their parents which means Auburn had to know he was going to be there. Newton went right into the parent section to find his Dad so only way he could have been seated in that section was with tickets from Auburn. :( So much for ESPN and Auburn saying he was not at the game but at the hotel watching the game. Guess neither did any checking or didn't want to admit that he was at the game.

texaspokieokie
1/12/2011, 05:13 PM
who really cares ???

soonerborn45
1/12/2011, 05:32 PM
I declare a formal state of shenanigans on this article. This has about as much credibility as the giant dook I dropped this morning.

85sooners
1/12/2011, 05:36 PM
:texan:

Sooner_Tuf
1/12/2011, 05:49 PM
who really cares ???

The 34 people that posted ahead of you care :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
1/12/2011, 06:24 PM
Well said, institutions mirror their governing bodies much like employees mirror their managers.

Again, it's all about the $$$$$. I still say Boz had it right.

BOOMER

Based on a fake article?

The NCAA is not going to forge any kind of deal that hinges on player's decision to enter the NFL for a simple reason: The institution has no control over such a decision.

I mean, c'mon.

SoonerLB
1/12/2011, 06:33 PM
I have some unassembled snowmen for sale . . . . . CHEAP!!! :)

redkid
1/12/2011, 06:33 PM
Not to change the subject entirely,,and just throwing this out there for a nibble but have had this nagging feeling and I'm sure I'm not the only one,,but how many times has it crossed your mind,,That Oregon is going to be investigated for recruiting violations,,like i said purely speculation here but whenever I watched them play that would cross my mind,,could it be because I despise them so much? possibly..feedback please ,,am I the only one that feels like this?

Leroy Lizard
1/12/2011, 06:49 PM
Not to change the subject entirely

Yeah, we wouldn't want to do that!

,,and just throwing this out there for a nibble but have had this nagging feeling and I'm sure I'm not the only one,,but how many times has it crossed your mind,,That Oregon is going to be investigated for recruiting violations,,like i said purely speculation here but whenever I watched them play that would cross my mind,,could it be because I despise them so much?

Yes. It almost certainly is.

redkid
1/12/2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, we wouldn't want to do that!

Yes. It almost certainly is.

Well I'm glad thats cleared up,,I can now sleep at night knowing that the Ducks are not cheaters:D

Soonerjeepman
1/12/2011, 07:25 PM
Brent muntsburger made a LONG statement about Cam's issues (left out WHY he Florida though...LOL...) and said dad was NOT at the game...he was in some hotel watching the game...supposedly that was Auburn's decision...

interesting if he showed up right after...course I'm sure he was in the locker room...LOL

oubose
1/12/2011, 07:25 PM
blah, blah, blah, tell me how it turns out at the end of the week then ohi st. sucks anyway

Wishboned
1/12/2011, 07:54 PM
Brent muntsburger made a LONG statement about Cam's issues (left out WHY he Florida though...LOL...) and said dad was NOT at the game...he was in some hotel watching the game...supposedly that was Auburn's decision...

interesting if he showed up right after...course I'm sure he was in the locker room...LOL

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Despite-contrary-reports-Cecil-Newton-was-at-BC;_ylt=AhOW2H7O8MTgvtiI_puM91UcvrYF?urn=ncaaf-306263

He was there.

Leroy Lizard
1/12/2011, 08:12 PM
Well I'm glad thats cleared up,,I can now sleep at night knowing that the Ducks are not cheaters:D

You didn't say that. You said they were going to be investigated. Based on what? Color of uniforms? Hot cheerleaders?

redkid
1/12/2011, 08:48 PM
You didn't say that. You said they were going to be investigated. Based on what? Color of uniforms? Hot cheerleaders?

Didnt say what? Liz,,read the post again i said investigated for recruiting violation is that not cheating?based on what?read the post "a feeling" but who really cares but u ,,get over it.

tcrb
1/12/2011, 09:04 PM
Didnt say what? Liz,,read the post again i said investigated for recruiting violation is that not cheating?based on what?read the post "a feeling" but who really cares but u ,,get over it.

You just met Leroy, didn't you?

redkid
1/12/2011, 09:07 PM
You just met Leroy, didn't you?

No actually I have been a member on this board for over 3yrs and am quite aware of Leroy;)

sooner518
1/12/2011, 09:09 PM

Leroy doesnt ever "Get over it". he argues with you until you commit suicide. then he comes to your funeral and tells everyone not that he was right, but that you were wrong.

redkid
6/22/2011, 12:33 AM
WOW go figure,,UO under investigation,,right Liz???