CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 04:15 PM
Like I said two months ago...

85sooners
1/11/2011, 04:16 PM
:gary:

CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 04:18 PM
My source (vice prez of Meechigan) on Thanksgiving told me it would be Hoke more than likely... Is this a good hire?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/11/2011, 04:19 PM
Best hire for them..guy is a winner..I think what happened to Ball State after he left and what happened to San Diego St once he took over showed what a great coach he is...

BoomerSooner, esq.
1/11/2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011111aab.html

CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 04:21 PM
Best hire for them..guy is a winner..I think what happened to Ball State after he left and what happened to San Diego St once he took over showed what a great coach he is...

other than Harbaugh, i agree. Besides he is a Meechigan man.

yermom
1/11/2011, 04:25 PM

so what you are saying is that he won with Chuck Long's players :D

Scott D
1/11/2011, 05:03 PM
boy I wonder if anyone else here was saying hoke awhile ago......

MI Sooner
1/11/2011, 05:06 PM
Miles would have been better, IMO, but these things are hard to judge.

yermom
1/11/2011, 05:28 PM
boy I wonder if anyone else here was saying hoke awhile ago......

you should have tweeted about it first

Scott D
1/11/2011, 05:30 PM
you should have tweeted about it first

I was going to go facebook it, but I didn't want to upstage the University of Michigan since I'm trying to get them to agree to a home and home with OU so I can score my sister in law's season tickets for that game :D

CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 05:37 PM
I just need/demand the same respect that oudavid gets on the national level;) Leslie should ve took the job... I bet he is ran out of LSU in the next 2-3 yrs

Scott D
1/11/2011, 07:08 PM
lol....Leslie likely will never interview for the job again.

Al Gore
1/11/2011, 07:40 PM
Surprised with Meatchicken on this hire....

MichiganSooner
1/11/2011, 08:06 PM
Surprised with Meatchicken on this hire....

Do you know that Hoke was a player and assistant coach at Michigan? Do you know that he is from Dayton, Ohio and knows high school coaches all over Ohio and Michigan?

CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 08:16 PM
Do you know that Hoke was a player and assistant coach at Michigan? Do you know that he is from Dayton, Ohio and knows high school coaches all over Ohio and Michigan?

Yeah, my brother coached for him at Ball State and is a believer in the guy... I'm hoping he eventually works for him at Meeechigan... I guess Hoke's staff will come with him to Meechigan which will help. I believe he has a very solid staff

Leroyt
1/11/2011, 08:29 PM
Yep, not a bad gig going in with Denard Robinson as qb. That said, I gotta think there are some couches burning in Ann Arbor tonight. This probably hurts lsu and nebbish more than meatchicken, 'cause they have to keep their coaches.

birddog
1/11/2011, 08:32 PM
gonna be gardner at qb and get denard out in the slot or wildcat, i think.

MichiganSooner
1/11/2011, 09:31 PM
I posted wrong above. Hoke played at Ball State where he got a degree in criminology. After coaching in Indiana high school, asst coach at Grand Valley State of D2; asst at Western Michigan and Michigan before head coach at Ball State and SDSU.

SoonerOX
1/11/2011, 09:37 PM
Jury will be out of course, but I think it's a good hire. I bet they're pretty tired of tOSU essentially dominating the big 10.

MI Sooner
1/11/2011, 09:42 PM

Did you know that Brady Hoke was a player at Ball St.? (http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/bio-Hoke.html) Or did you just mean he got a lot of ***** when he was at Michigan?

Scott D
1/11/2011, 10:47 PM
I'd honestly be surprised if Robinson remains at QB.

OUmillenium
1/12/2011, 11:20 AM
I posted wrong above. Hoke played at Ball State where he got a degree in criminology. After coaching in Indiana high school, asst coach at Grand Valley State of D2; asst at Western Michigan and Michigan before head coach at Ball State and SDSU.

Very useful in the modern day recruiting biz

bmjlr
1/12/2011, 11:27 AM
Very useful in the modern day recruiting biz

Sad but ture.

Whet
1/12/2011, 11:33 AM
I understand he will be bringing his secret offense he will be running - the Pokey, otherwise know as the Hokey Pokey

Scott D
1/12/2011, 01:44 PM
eh, he'll have a pretty traditional offense. I'd expect Robinson to either transfer, or be converted to a Percy Harvin type position. The question is whether or not Forcier is going to transfer in my eyes. He was a goner for sure until they fired RichRod, now I have no idea.

jdd12
1/12/2011, 03:10 PM
I understand he will be bringing his secret offense he will be running - the Pokey, otherwise know as the Hokey Pokey

He'll be here all night folks. :D

Sabanball
1/12/2011, 11:13 PM
Hmm...no black candidate even considered for the Michigan job?? What an outrage...what do you wanna bet we don't hear a peep out of Al or Jesse?

texaspokieokie
1/13/2011, 10:23 AM
I just need/demand the same respect that oudavid gets on the national level;) Leslie should ve took the job... I bet he is ran out of LSU in the next 2-3 yrs

i think lsu extended his contract.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/13/2011, 10:28 AM
i think lsu extended his contract.

Yep, 7 years.

badger
1/13/2011, 12:43 PM
Hmm...no black candidate even considered for the Michigan job?? What an outrage...what do you wanna bet we don't hear a peep out of Al or Jesse?

Does anyone still listen to them anymore? :rolleyes:

But that Hoke guy, saw clips of his presser and one word immediately came to mind: BUFFOON. Hoke is a BUFFOON. I know they were considering Lester, so they obviously wanted a BUFFOON, but Hoke, holy crap, I would be embarrassed to have him as the coach of my program... then again, I would be more embarrassed of our bowl performance, so it basically comes down to whether you want to be embarrassed on the field or off. Perhaps with Hoke, the wolverines will have both.

PHvqQsQ3OHo

Wayne Jarvis
1/13/2011, 02:24 PM
But that Hoke guy, saw clips of his presser and one word immediately came to mind: BUFFOON. Hoke is a BUFFOON. I know they were considering Lester, so they obviously wanted a BUFFOON, but Hoke, holy crap, I would be embarrassed to have him as the coach of my program.

I disagree. He's obviously not polished, but he's direct, genuine and passionate, qualities that most people like and admire immediately.

He must be doing something right, because he's had success wherever he's been.

badger
1/13/2011, 03:06 PM
He must be doing something right, because he's had success wherever he's been.

Nyuck nyuck nyuck nyuck nyuck :D

I know that he led Ball State to a 12-0 start and that SDSU beat Navy in their bowl game last year, but it isn't necessarily a positive thing that he hasn't even coached 100 games and he's already on his third head coaching gig in college.

I am not knocking your statement about being genuine and direct. That's cool and I think it'll get Michigan fans excited for the first time since Denard Robinson had a mini Heisman campaign to start last season (then the conference season started. d'oh!). I just love Stoops' approach more - all frank and serious in a business-like setting.

I am, however, disagreeing with your take on him having "success." Yes, it's difficult to win at mid-minor programs like Ball State and SDSU, but he has an overall record of 47-50 and an overall bowl record of 1-1 (he didn't coach Ball State in the GMAC apparently). Of the eight seasons he's coached, only three of those have been winning seasons.

AlboSooner
1/13/2011, 03:09 PM
He came out as weird in his presser, but so is Less Miles, and Michigan would give anything to have Leslie.

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2011, 03:15 PM
He came out as weird in his presser, but so is Less Miles, and Michigan would give anything to have Leslie.
I think they are tired of screwballs.

badger
1/13/2011, 03:40 PM
I really do wish him well. Anybody to knock high and mighty Ohio State down a notch in the Big Televelve... or whatever it's nicknamed now.

But, at the same time, I secretly love watching Michigan lose repeatedly, because OU should have the all-time wins record and the faster Mich falls, the faster we resume our rightful place on top of college football history :D

Scott D
1/13/2011, 07:25 PM

Michigan and Leslie are through....he won't get a third opportunity to turn the threat of Michigan into a bigger contract with LSU.

Whet
1/13/2011, 09:44 PM
Imagine the pre-game workouts:

Put your right foot in
Put your right foot out
Put you right foot in and shake it all about..

Wayne Jarvis
1/13/2011, 11:33 PM
I just love Stoops' approach more - all frank and serious in a business-like setting.

Stoops is just being himself.

And so is Hoke.

That's the key.