20. Notre Dame
21. Georgia
22. Connecticut
23. Mississippi State
24. Michigan
25. Tulsa

IronHorseSooner
1/11/2011, 09:52 AM
1. Oklahoma (Agree, the most loaded team in the country)
2. Alabama (No Jones, new QB, no Ingram, no Dareus= not #2)
3. Louisiana State (Lose A LOT on defense, could lose coach)
4. Oregon (Should be #2, but do lose a good bit on D)
5. Auburn (No Cam, no Fairley, lose a lot of seniors= rebuilding year)
6. Arkansas (No Mallett)
7. Missouri (No Gabbert, No Smith, lose a lot on the OL= rebuilding)
8. Stanford (Lose a good bit, break in a new coach, Luck still very good)
9. Texas A&M (Lose Miller (who was pain in our side), but should be Top 10)
10. Oklahoma State (Will Blackmon come back? If so, Top 10, if not Top 20)
11. Michigan State (Lose some key defensive starters)
12. Wisconsin (Lose QB, a lot on both lines)
13. Boise State (Maybe lose coach, lose A LOT of seniors)
14. Nebraska (Maybe a bit higher, depends on how Martinez progresses)
15. Virginia Tech (Lose good QB and RB)
16. TCU (Could be higher, but must replace very good QB)
17. Florida State (Should be higher, Manuel is a good QB)
18. South Carolina (Best of the SEC East)
19. Ohio State (Should be WAY higher; but, the suspensions could bite them)
20. Notre Dame (Are you kidding me?)
21. Georgia (I like their young QB, but who will be the receivers?)
22. Connecticut (Lose QB, RB, and Head Coach; rebuilding year)
23. Mississippi State (Should be Top 10; good young QB)
24. Michigan (If they get Miles, they could be better, but not Top 25)
25. Tulsa (Agree, with the right coach, they could be dangerous)

CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 09:59 AM
Robert Smith had us #1 and FSU #2... What an idiot;) Seriously, FSU on the road will be very difficult... They will not miss Ponder all that much.

texaspokieokie
1/11/2011, 10:03 AM
ar too high if mallett is gone.

EatLeadCommie
1/11/2011, 10:04 AM
Robert Smith had us #1 and FSU #2... What an idiot;) Seriously, FSU on the road will be very difficult... They will not miss Ponder all that much.

I actually think Manuel will be tougher to defend due to his feet.

CBUS_SOONER
1/11/2011, 10:38 AM
I actually think Manuel will be tougher to defend due to his feet.

I agree... This game scares me already. We will prob lose by 4 td's;)

soonercastor
1/11/2011, 10:46 AM

Not really. Impact players are patrick peterson and Drake Nevis. They should be a solid team if their JUCO former GA QB plays well.

cantwait48
1/11/2011, 11:49 AM
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas
7. Missouri
??????
there is no one better than these teams losing their qb's?

Dexa
1/11/2011, 03:24 PM
Smart. Pre-season TCU and Boise just far enough down they probably won't be that annoying gnat you're swatting at while trying to have a decent conversation.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 03:29 PM
Its about right. It really doesn't matter how much you lose as long as you have a lot of ppl returning that have experience in games.

sperry
1/11/2011, 04:05 PM
OU is the clear choice for number 1, as they lose only 5 starters combined, and return the starting QB and 4 O-linemen, which is the key to a good run.

Auburn at #5 is a joke. They're a 7-5 team without Newton.

tOSU will play for the national title if they can survive the 5 games with suspended players.

Bama is too high also, they lose a Heisman trophy winner, 2 year starting QB, their best receiver, best defensive player, some o-linemen.

LSU and Oregon will both be good. Arkansas and Misery will both return to their normal 7-5 type seasons.

I think tOSU, OU, LSU, and Oregon are the only legit title contenders for next year, unless a Cam Newton type impact player emerges somewhere else. Boise and TCU will both be good, but neither will start high enough in the polls to play for the title even if they go undefeated.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 04:08 PM
OU is the clear choice for number 1, as they lose only 5 starters combined, and return the starting QB and 4 O-linemen, which is the key to a good run.

Auburn at #5 is a joke. They're a 7-5 team without Newton.

tOSU will play for the national title if they can survive the 5 games with suspended players.

Bama is too high also, they lose a Heisman trophy winner, 2 year starting QB, their best receiver, best defensive player, some o-linemen.

LSU and Oregon will both be good. Arkansas and Misery will both return to their normal 7-5 type seasons.

I think tOSU, OU, LSU, and Oregon are the only legit title contenders for next year, unless a Cam Newton type impact player emerges somewhere else. Boise and TCU will both be good, but neither will start high enough in the polls to play for the title even if they go undefeated.

I don't know about all that they were 8-5 w/o him. They've pulled in a lot of recruits in 2 years. They're a top ten pre-season team in my eyes.

boomermagic
1/11/2011, 04:13 PM
Texas number 31 LOL. I LOVE It !

soonervegas
1/11/2011, 04:16 PM
Next year appears to be a 3 game season to New Orleans:

at FSU
Texas (Dallas)
at OSU

85sooners
1/11/2011, 04:17 PM
:pop:

Soonermagik
1/11/2011, 04:22 PM
1. Oklahoma (Agree, the most loaded team in the country)
2. Alabama (No Jones, new QB, no Ingram, no Dareus= not #2)
4. Oregon (Should be #2, but do lose a good bit on D)
5. Auburn (No Cam, no Fairley, lose a lot of seniors= rebuilding year)
6. Arkansas (No Mallett)
7. Missouri (No Gabbert, No Smith, lose a lot on the OL= rebuilding)
8. Stanford (Lose a good bit, break in a new coach, Luck still very good)
9. Texas A&M (Lose Miller (who was pain in our side), but should be Top 10)
10. Oklahoma State (Will Blackmon come back? If so, Top 10, if not Top 20)
11. Michigan State (Lose some key defensive starters)
12. Wisconsin (Lose QB, a lot on both lines)
13. Boise State (Maybe lose coach, lose A LOT of seniors)
14. Nebraska (Maybe a bit higher, depends on how Martinez progresses)
15. Virginia Tech (Lose good QB and RB)
16. TCU (Could be higher, but must replace very good QB)
17. Florida State (Should be higher, Manuel is a good QB)
18. South Carolina (Best of the SEC East)
19. Ohio State (Should be WAY higher; but, the suspensions could bite them)
20. Notre Dame (Are you kidding me?)
21. Georgia (I like their young QB, but who will be the receivers?)
22. Connecticut (Lose QB, RB, and Head Coach; rebuilding year)
23. Mississippi State (Should be Top 10; good young QB)
24. Michigan (If they get Miles, they could be better, but not Top 25)
25. Tulsa (Agree, with the right coach, they could be dangerous)

Spot on!! Miles did stay at LSU. I will also add that LSU just picked up a JUCO QB who is supposed to be really good. I hope we don't play LSU in their backyard again. I really want to see OU play Oregon or Ohio State.

Mississippi Sooner
1/11/2011, 04:26 PM
Spot on!! Miles did stay at LSU. I will also add that LSU just picked up a JUCO QB who is supposed to be really good. I hope we don't play LSU in their backyard again. I really want to see OU play Oregon or Ohio State.

Yep, Zach Mettenberger. He's 6'-5". He was kicked out at Georgia after pleading guilty to sexual battery.

Eielson
1/11/2011, 04:34 PM
I don't know about all that they were 8-5 w/o him. They've pulled in a lot of recruits in 2 years. They're a top ten pre-season team in my eyes.

What do you mean by a lot of recruits? Are you saying they're on a higher level then the ones Tuberville had? He didn't exactly leave Auburn with nothing. In fact, I'd bet nearly all of those players that played significant roles last night were Tuberville's guys with the obvious exception of Scam. Auburn won't have Cam, Fairley, Malzahn, and I believe they're losing a few highly experienced offensive lineman. I haven't followed Auburn that closely, but I think putting them back about where they were pre-Newton sounds about right. Chizik doesn't have the Midas Touch. Obviously he isn't too bad, but we saw what he did at Iowa State.

SoonerMarkVA
1/11/2011, 04:42 PM

You can rest assured that, if we make it to the NC game, we will be playing LSU. It's our fate to either play the home teams or the best freakin' team assembled in a decade when we make it to the NC game.

That said, I'd love to have a shot at tOSU in the Sugar. I just don't think it'll happen.

Salt City Sooner
1/11/2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149594

Okie35
1/11/2011, 05:10 PM
What do you mean by a lot of recruits? Are you saying they're on a higher level then the ones Tuberville had? He didn't exactly leave Auburn with nothing. In fact, I'd bet nearly all of those players that played significant roles last night were Tuberville's guys with the obvious exception of Scam. Auburn won't have Cam, Fairley, Malzahn, and I believe they're losing a few highly experienced offensive lineman. I haven't followed Auburn that closely, but I think putting them back about where they were pre-Newton sounds about right. Chizik doesn't have the Midas Touch. Obviously he isn't too bad, but we saw what he did at Iowa State.

Where is Malzahn going?

Landthief 1972
1/11/2011, 05:23 PM
Yep, Zach Mettenberger. He's 6'-5". He was kicked out at Georgia after pleading guilty to sexual battery.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that MoLester continues to recruit any scumbag, at any cost, in order to win.
:rolleyes:

Salt City Sooner
1/11/2011, 05:27 PM
Where is Malzahn going?
Nowhere. He re-upped w/ Auburn for 1.3 mil per.

Eielson
1/11/2011, 08:00 PM

Could've sworn he took a job somewhere else.

Salt City Sooner
1/11/2011, 08:29 PM
He was heavily flirting w/ the Vandy Job (they reportedly were offering 3 million a year at him) but he stayed put.

cccasooner2
1/11/2011, 08:36 PM

And he was sentenced to play QB at LSU?

Sabanball
1/11/2011, 08:56 PM
Next year appears to be a 3 game season to New Orleans:

at FSU
Texas (Dallas)
at OSU

Agreed. The Big 12 will be even weaker next season, and your program has FSU's number. Right now I can't see any reason why you guys shouldn't be 13-0 and headed to New Orleans 12 months from now. My prediction is you'll end up playing Oregon for the NC--talk about a revenge game. Lol

In the SEC, I actually like LSU to win our conference, but I don't see them going undefeated. Their SEC schedule flips in their favor but they have us in Tuscaloosa, Oregon in their opener, and an early OOC game at WV. My prediction is they will lose one of those, and I think that opens the door for Oregon to get in the BCSNCG.

Sabanball
1/11/2011, 08:57 PM

Wonder if TU will make a run at Malzahn. You guys hearing anything?

reevie
1/11/2011, 09:44 PM
Right now I can't see any reason why you guys shouldn't be 13-0 and headed to New Orleans 12 months from now.

12-0
No CCG next year.

Sabanball
1/11/2011, 09:48 PM
12-0
No CCG next year.

Ah...that's right. All the more easier then.:)

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/11/2011, 10:22 PM
Not really. Impact players are patrick peterson and Drake Nevis. They should be a solid team if their JUCO former GA QB plays well.

Didn't Peterson declare for the draft?

mdklatt
1/11/2011, 10:44 PM
ar too high if mallett is gone.

Arkansas is too high if he stays.

Why are there 4 SEC West teams in the Top 6 when they all play each other? How's that supposed to work out? A four-way one-loss tie? I realize this is more of a theoretical exercise than anything, but a little bit of logic would be nice.

BigTip
1/11/2011, 11:24 PM
From the website:

"Oklahoma gets an early edge based on the sheer amount of experience returning and the fact that Coach Stoops is a heavy favorite to get over his BCS woes against a four-loss Connecticut. Ergo, this projects Oklahoma into a lofty off-season position. "

Makes me think this was written even before the bowl games were finished.

kevpks
1/11/2011, 11:28 PM
From the website:

"Oklahoma gets an early edge based on the sheer amount of experience returning and the fact that Coach Stoops is a heavy favorite to get over his BCS woes against a four-loss Connecticut. Ergo, this projects Oklahoma into a lofty off-season position. "

Maybe he doesn't have cable and is still waiting to watch the game.

silverwheels
1/12/2011, 12:03 AM
From the website:

It was. It's a couple of weeks old.

Eielson
1/12/2011, 12:07 AM
Ah...that's right. All the more easier then.:)

To be honest, I'd say it's about the same. It makes our layoff to our bowl game longer, so I'd say it actually would make a completely undefeated season a little more difficult. Out of our 8 CC games, we're 7-1, and very few of them have even been competitive.