PDA

View Full Version : SEC! SEC! STFU!!!

Rocko
1/11/2011, 01:10 AM
"the SEC has now won 5 consecutive national championships in a row!!! We are college foofball!!!!!!!"

-My best bud from HS, who now attends The U of Arky. His Facebook status.

This is my first direct experience with the absurd behavior exhibited by these fans. The logic is simply idiotic; your team losses its big game, therefore, you console yourself by relishing another teams victory.

WTF?

OUster
1/11/2011, 01:13 AM
Cool, if this counts, then I will now take credit for that last hawt chic my brother hooked up with.

Team Perkis
1/11/2011, 01:18 AM
Chanting SEC is how Ole Miss and Vanderbilt stay relevant.

jumperstop
1/11/2011, 01:28 AM
Chanting SEC is how Ole Miss and Vanderbilt stay relevant.

Don't forget arkansas...the op's friend sounds like a real razorback fan. Can't accomplish anything ever so they have to get excited about the accomplishments of their conference. I like our conference and all but would never hang my hat on fellow conference members success.

Team Perkis
1/11/2011, 01:29 AM
Don't forget arkansas...the op's friend sounds like a real razorback fan. Can't accomplish anything ever so they have to get excited about the accomplishments of their conference. I like our conference and all but would never hang my hat on fellow conference members success.

I'll root for my conference to do well in bowls (except Texas).

I'll cheer for my school to do well in our bowl game.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 02:04 AM
lol Arkansas lost to a future NFL receiver.

CowboyMRW
1/11/2011, 04:27 AM
lol Arkansas lost to a future NFL benchwarmer likely to never even sniff playing time.

FIFY ;)

fadada1
1/11/2011, 08:30 AM
A girl I went to grad school with at UF, did her undergrad at 'Bama, had "War Eagle" on her FB status. Let me say that again... SHE GRADUATED FROM ALABAMA AND FLORIDA.

Lord help us if texas and notre dame ever play for the national championship, but I guarandamntee I will NEVER root for texas because we share the same conference.

KantoSooner
1/11/2011, 10:25 AM
I will say this about Arkie, they take a back seat to no one in hatred of Texas.
Sometimes when I'm a bar over there, it gives me warm feelings all over to listen to the spleen and venom.

badger
1/11/2011, 10:27 AM
They should all bring their crystal balls to the next SEC presser... that way, Arky will know it's place (the "no balls" section)

OUmillenium
1/11/2011, 10:28 AM
I don't even root for the Big 12 in bowl games. Who cares? OU makes their own destiny.

I was pulling for Arizona v. lOSUr

Rooted against failbots at Mizzou

Pulled for LSU v. Texam even though I can't stand Lester

Conference allegiance is a joke.

There is only 1 Oklahoma

3rdgensooner
1/11/2011, 10:53 AM
"the SEC has now won 5 consecutive national championships in a row!!! We are college foofball!!!!!!!"

-My best bud from HS, who now attends The U of Arky. His Facebook status.

This is my first direct experience with the absurd behavior exhibited by these fans. The logic is simply idiotic; your team losses its big game, therefore, you console yourself by relishing another teams victory.

WTF?An arky on my FB said something similar. I'm now engaged with him and his sec boyz. Here's the latest response from one of them:

When you play in the premier conference, they're going to be some sibling rivalries but we're still a family. As much as we hate each other, we hate everyone else so much more.I told him that if the others in our conference fare better than us, that's not a win for us. Period.

MyT Oklahoma
1/11/2011, 10:57 AM
I usually root for all of the Big 12 teams in non conference play except for *.

However, I don't lose any sleep if other Big 12 teams lose. Happens.

P.S. I also don't lose any sleep whan OU loses because I can't do anything about it. It took me 20 or so years to figure that one out though. LOL

chuckrollz
1/11/2011, 01:21 PM
i have delt with this for 10 years... just ask them when their players recieve their rings, or when they are going to put up a banner? that usually shuts them up. They have to protect their crutch.

AlboSooner
1/11/2011, 01:27 PM
I get where they are coming from, but to me it would be a bad day if Texas won a NC, or Okie St, or A&M...

Do you think Bama fans wanted Auburn to win last night? Not the Bama fans I am friends with.

SoonerLB
1/11/2011, 01:30 PM
All hail the $EC! ;)
(Mandatory morning chant for all ESPN employees.)

TXBOOMER
1/11/2011, 02:12 PM
I am an OU fan. F the conference! To me cheering for a conference in football is sort of like driving a Chevy Malibu and feeling a sense of pride when you see a Corvette pass you by on the road.

soonergirlNeugene
1/11/2011, 02:15 PM
I read an article over at SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/01/11/auburn.sec.dominance/index.html) that said nobody was chanting SEC this time around.

bluedogok
1/11/2011, 07:38 PM
Just another day in the South Eastern Cult.....

sooner518
1/11/2011, 07:51 PM
in my experience, it is usually the imbeciles at schools like Miss. St, Ole Miss and Arky who go full bore on the SEC crap. The teams who actually win the titles dont have to resort to living vicariously thru their rivals.

ask this guy when Arky last won a national, or even a conference title.

SoonerOX
1/11/2011, 09:19 PM
Cool, if this counts, then I will now take credit for that last hawt chic my brother hooked up with.

HAHA! :D

On a more serious note though. Lesser programs are parasites; they will attach themselves to a more successful program. Arky is sorta like a parasite...yeah.