PDA

View Full Version : Are The Duck Fans Calling For Their Coaches Head?

Judge Smails
1/11/2011, 12:36 AM
For not kicking the FG when they had the chance?

I don't know their crappy fan sites or I would look myself.....

agoo758
1/11/2011, 12:38 AM
I would have probably kicked the field goal at that point as well, but I hope that the UO fanbase wouldn't be that stupid.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:42 AM
I would have kicked the FG too, but would have no problems with the coach going for. I thought the UO staff did a great job to keep the game close and even tie it up late. Tough task since Auburn had the muscle in the trenches.

ouduckhunter
1/11/2011, 01:00 AM
For not kicking the FG when they had the chance?

I don't know their crappy fan sites or I would look myself.....

I used to look in on one at the Eugeneregisterguard.com from time to time. A guy named Rob Mosely seemed pretty plugged into the program and had a forum that was all Quack. I haven't looked at it since the beginning of the season, but you might find something there. I could never find anything else that was any good except for sites that you had to pay to join. HaHa, that ain't gonna happen.

SC Sooner
1/11/2011, 08:29 AM
I didn't realize ducks eat their own. Well, maybe some roasted OC.

OUinFLA
1/11/2011, 08:35 AM
Is chuck long the OC at UO?
The play calling looked really familier

winout
1/11/2011, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't have mattered. AU could scored when they needed to just like at the end. If they had needed a TD it would have been a TD.

EatLeadCommie
1/11/2011, 09:11 AM
They're not even in the position to tie if they don't go for the two at the beginning of the game. Kelly called the game with a set of huge brass balls tonight. Can't blame him.

KantoSooner
1/11/2011, 09:33 AM
Oregon needed huge luck to stay in this game. They really didn't belong.

OUinFLA
1/11/2011, 09:36 AM
Nike needs to buy better/bigger players

ocsooner
1/11/2011, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't have mattered. AU could scored when they needed to just like at the end. If they had needed a TD it would have been a TD.

Are you saying the game was fixed, and AU was going to get whatever it takes to make the game interesting???:rolleyes:

cleller
1/11/2011, 09:41 AM
Are you saying the game was fixed, and AU was going to get whatever it takes to make the game interesting???:rolleyes:

They should be able to expect a reasonable return on investment.

rekamrettuB
1/11/2011, 09:43 AM
No problem here not kicking the FG. I mean at that point in the game you would have thought a lot more scoring was going to occur. The problem I would have today as a Duck fan is you have James and Thomas and neither of them get a chance to make a play on 3rd and 4th down from the 1.

Someone mentioned being lucky and they were right on. On the fake punt they very, very lucky to get it. The tying TD score drive was the luckiest play all night. The ref blindsided and decleated the player from Auburn who, from what it looked like, was going to stop him cold short of the 1st down line.

Overall an entertaining game but it never really felt like a NC game for whatever reason.

btb916
1/11/2011, 09:51 AM
Oregon needed huge luck to stay in this game. They really didn't belong.

I don't know. Oregon really just needed bigger linemen. Their D was porous from the second quarter through the end, but they tightened up really well in the red zone, forcing two or three FGs instead of TDs.

Auburn, and specifically Cam Newton, made some pretty critical mistakes that made the game much closer than it could have been. So I see where you're coming from by saying that Oregon needed a lot of luck to stay in this game.

But to my mind, that means Auburn didn't belong any more than Oregon did. The best teams, on the biggest stage, shouldn't make those mistakes--and the strip by Matthews, the overthrows by Newton--that wasn't really luck as it was hustle and poor play.

btb916
1/11/2011, 09:53 AM
And I definitely think Chip made a mistake by not kicking the field goal. I did like the two point conversion call after their first TD. Good call, good execution. The fake punt was also a good call with great execution. The final two point conversion also was really well executed.

So I think Oregon belonged, but they got outclassed in the trenches.

Jacie
1/11/2011, 10:04 AM
And I definitely think Chip made a mistake by not kicking the field goal. I did like the two point conversion call after their first TD. Good call, good execution. The fake punt was also a good call with great execution. The final two point conversion also was really well executed.

So I think Oregon belonged, but they got outclassed in the trenches.

Going for two on the first or second touchdown of a game was something they started doing about midway through the season.

The fake punt should have been covered because Kelly has gone for it on 4th down enough to make Mike Leach proud.

KantoSooner
1/11/2011, 10:10 AM
btb916, I guess what I was trying to point out was that Oregon faked punts, went for two, benefited from turnovers, etc. Not that Auburn didn't get breaks, but it seemed to me like UO got far more 'luck of the Gods'. Without that, or even assuming the same amount as AU, Oregon loses by 2-4 TDs.

jkjsooner
1/11/2011, 10:10 AM
Going for it and missing on fourth down worked pretty well for Auburn. They got a safety and the ball back in great position. You never know, it could have worked that way for Oregon. I have no problem with the call.

btb916
1/11/2011, 10:14 AM
btb916, I guess what I was trying to point out was that Oregon faked punts, went for two, benefited from turnovers, etc. Not that Auburn didn't get breaks, but it seemed to me like UO got far more 'luck of the Gods'. Without that, or even assuming the same amount as AU, Oregon loses by 2-4 TDs.

Yeah. But apparently that's just their MO, as Jacie pointed out. And I thought those things were well executed; they were gambles, but it wasn't really luck IMO.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah. But apparently that's just their MO, as Jacie pointed out. And I thought those things were well executed; they were gambles, but it wasn't really luck IMO.

I agree. It's just like Uconn staying closer to us on the scoreboard than the stats would indicate. It was their MO and it is not a fluke when they do it consistently.

Breadburner
1/11/2011, 11:12 AM
Oregon was over-confident coming into this game......Chip Kelly looked completely stunned afterwards....

badger
1/11/2011, 11:28 AM
I have a few relatives out in Oregon (including a Duckie alum) and they seemed reasonable about the Oregon loss last night. Sure, they lost and they would have liked to win, but it's not like Oregon has always been a powerhouse program and for the most part, haven't been till Phil Knight's money and interest came along.

At least it was a close game. I was really expecting one of the teams to just take off and never look back.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:26 PM
At least it was a close game. I was really expecting one of the teams to just take off and never look back.

Same here. I was surprised I got the full value out of my entertainment dollar (i.e. free);) It was a fun game to watch and I trust all our returning and incoming players watched it and are visualizing how great it would be if they get there next season.

Kilmer
1/11/2011, 12:32 PM
Guess I haven't watched enough Oregon games this year to know their "MO" but to me, going for 2 after scoring your first touchdown in the first half seems just absolutely idiotic on every level especially in the national championship game regardless of whether or not it worked. Not to mention Chip Kelly being an absolute jerk to Erin Andrews in the quick interview she had with him right before kickoff. Guy is pretty arrogant and I slept well knowing he didn't grease his way to a national championship with all his trickery and cockiness.

olevetonahill
1/11/2011, 12:34 PM
Ok , The game is over, Do any of us really Give a **** who won ? how the ducks lost?
I dont ,

badger
1/11/2011, 12:46 PM
The ducks have been going for 2 all year. Not sure what term the guys used for their lineup - swinging gate? Anyway, where they line up like it's a 2-point conversion attempt, then the Ducks see that the defense isn't falling for it, so they switch to a extra point kick formation.

I actually thought it was cool that they still went for 2. Totally caught Awwwburn off guard.

Hate the Ducks? Yes. But that was still cool.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:52 PM
Ok , The game is over, Do any of us really Give a **** who won ? how the ducks lost?
I dont ,

Don't really care, but did enjoy the game. It's nice to be able to kick back and just hope it stays close enough to be interesting. As long as it was within 1 score, I could justify watching and avoid the honey-do list a bit longer w/o guilt. (okay, I'm not big on guilt regardless).