PDA

View Full Version : Love watching Oregon lose on the last play

landrun
1/11/2011, 12:25 AM
I have no love for these guys.

I just can't get over the hosing we took by the PAC 10 refs in their house.

I don't really like Auburn. I thought I'd rather see Oregon blow them out (so we could hear the end of the SEC! SEC! stuff... ) or see Oregon lose in a close one.

I'm glad they didn't get any of the reviews to go their way. :rolleyes:

bringit
1/11/2011, 12:27 AM
karma came around. took a while

Leroy Lizard
1/11/2011, 12:31 AM
It worked out well. None of the offensive stars had a great game. Cam nearly fumbled the game away, and James was shut down most of the night.

winout
1/11/2011, 12:39 AM
Pac 10 defensive starting to figure out UO O toward the end of the season, hopefully they don't get back to the title game. I think they have LSU at Jerry World to open the season.

Cue one of the old posters accusing me of being a Tiger in 3......2.......1.

Leroy Lizard
1/11/2011, 12:47 AM
Pac 10 defensive starting to figure out UO O toward the end of the season, hopefully they don't get back to the title game. I think they have LSU at Jerry World to open the season.

I'm going to have to root for Oregon again?!?!

winout
1/11/2011, 12:48 AM

Either that or the old earthquake splitting the field and swallowing the stadium route.

ouduckhunter
1/11/2011, 12:55 AM

I don't really like Auburn. I thought I'd rather see Oregon blow them out (so we could hear the end of the SEC! SEC! stuff... ) or see Oregon lose in a close one.

It was a very gratifying Oreygone loss!! I will enjoy listening to them whine, moan, complain, make excuses about this loss until the end of time!! Their fans are so arrogant and entitled that it is going to be really fun to see them in pain!! :D

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 01:14 AM
on espn boards duck fans were bitching about the refs about that runner being down. I thought it was a good call, and funny that they were bitching about the officiating..LOL..

Piware
1/11/2011, 01:39 AM
I loved it! Oregon loses on a WTH play and this time the officials didn't make a stupid call in their favor. My Momma was right - what goes around, comes around.

PDXsooner
1/11/2011, 01:43 AM
What goes around comes around? I didn't see Oregon get hosed on a blown call that lost them the game. I saw them get beat and pretty much manhandled in a well-officiated game.

Until Oregon gets screwed on a call that is incorrectly reviewed and costs them a game there is no karma loop. **** the Ducks!!!

jumperstop
1/11/2011, 01:44 AM
on espn boards duck fans were bitching about the refs about that runner being down. I thought it was a good call, and funny that they were bitching about the officiating..LOL..

Although it didn't matter cause they picked up the third down conversion anyways, the regs hella missed that facemask by the Auburn player. Maybe it just looked like one but that was a terrible no call imo.

Piware
1/11/2011, 01:48 AM
What goes around comes around? I didn't see Oregon get hosed on a blown call that lost them the game. I saw them get beat and pretty much manhandled in a well-officiated game.

Until Oregon gets screwed on a call that is incorrectly reviewed and costs them a game there is no karma loop. **** the Ducks!!!

I thought it was an incredible play and a great, correct call. Pac 10 officials would have probably called the runner down and given the ducks a gimme.

MyT Oklahoma
1/11/2011, 01:53 AM
Quack.. Quack.. Quack.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 02:01 AM
what sucks more is that Oregon has a great chance to be back next year

EatLeadCommie
1/11/2011, 02:06 AM
Although it didn't matter cause they picked up the third down conversion anyways, the regs hella missed that facemask by the Auburn player. Maybe it just looked like one but that was a terrible no call imo.

If you're thinking about the play I am (the Fairley tackle on James where James recoiled as if he'd been facemasked), there was no facemask. He was grabbed by the collar from the front and pulled back. Wasn't a horsecollar tackle either.

The Maestro
1/11/2011, 07:46 AM
All in all, I thought it was a very ugly game. Sure, it came down to the last play, but both teams were Mickey Mouse offense to begin. Auburn leaves their bread and butter and goes Statue of Liberty and fake Statue of Liberty on their first possession...Oregon's QB throws two ugly INT's early...both teams played tight the entire time. Not impressive...layoff is TOO LONG!!

Jacie
1/11/2011, 08:17 AM
The Auburn defense really showed up on the two long pass plays, one of which was a game changer, preventing them from scoring. The ducks finally did score after the 81-yard completion, but when they failed to punch in that second one after getting a first-and-goal at the 2-yard line, the mojo was all Auburn's from that moment.

Aldebaran
1/11/2011, 08:57 AM
I blame the Kevin Wilson effect.

birddog
1/11/2011, 09:01 AM
sucks that the SEC pwns football right now but i don't have much against auburn. still won't ever pull for the ducks.

hellogoodbye
1/11/2011, 09:04 AM

For me (like I needed another reason), it was that 3 man mugging they did to McCoy .... dirty

Sooners78
1/11/2011, 09:12 AM

I know what you mean. Last night was really bizarre for me. I consider Oregon one of my most hated teams, and Auburn isn't really on that list. However, I found myself going for Oregon. I guess my contempt for the SEC is greater than that for Oregon. I think also the Cam Newton situation had something to do with it.

Now against LSU, no doubt I'll be cheering the ducks.

okie52
1/11/2011, 09:39 AM
Pulled for Auburn going into the game and then started pulling for the Ducks since they were the underdog and the inferior team.

Today, I'm happy the Ducks lost.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2011, 09:40 AM
Karma's a bitch baby...

Great calls, the Big 10 refs did well and the video backed them up, unlike the crap we saw in Eugene.

KantoSooner
1/11/2011, 10:20 AM
Someone earlier said it best: the layoff was too long. Neither team looked as good as they had during the season. I''m not sure a week earlier would have helped, but it couldn't hurt.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/11/2011, 10:23 AM
karma came around. took a while

Karma did not come around. Oregon did not get cheated! When they lose a game due to the worst calls in the history of college football, then karma will have come full circle.

Turd_Ferguson
1/11/2011, 10:28 AM
Karma did not come around. Oregon did not get cheated! When they lose a game due to the worst calls in the history of college football, then karma will have come full circle.Concur.

OUmillenium
1/11/2011, 10:29 AM
It worked out well. None of the offensive stars had a great game. Cam nearly fumbled the game away, and James was shut down most of the night.

Yes, that's what I thought. Hard for me to pull for either team and an ugly finish was fitting.

olevetonahill
1/11/2011, 12:25 PM
Karma did not come around. Oregon did not get cheated! When they lose a game due to the worst calls in the history of college football, then karma will have come full circle.

Concur.

I agree Turd . As long as old Padre here is Not taking shots at me fer my spellin , hes an ok dude . ;)

soonerchk
1/11/2011, 12:41 PM
I was really hoping it would come down to a disputed call going against Oregon.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/11/2011, 01:05 PM
I agree Turd . As long as old Padre here is Not taking shots at me fer my spellin , hes an ok dude . ;)

As a long time high school teacher/coachits hard sometimes to turn the switch to the off position. :D

swardboy
1/11/2011, 01:10 PM
For me (like I needed another reason), it was that 3 man mugging they did to McCoy .... dirty

Think that was Washington.

85sooners
1/11/2011, 04:23 PM
:D

Mad Dog Madsen
1/11/2011, 04:25 PM

Yeah, that was against Washington... And they did that to Demarcus Granger.

2121Sooner
1/11/2011, 05:07 PM
I loved the look on Chip Kelley's face at the end of the game.....

"Whut happened?!?!"

SoonerDood
1/11/2011, 06:54 PM
Awregan seemed more concerned with "being cute" than anything else.

MamaMia
1/11/2011, 06:59 PM
I wasn't rooting for either team until that dude kicked the duck. I thought he should have been ejected for that, or at least benched.

Al Gore
1/11/2011, 07:51 PM
How did the one quacker get his head cut? Someone at work said number 32 hit him?

Jacie
1/11/2011, 08:50 PM
How did the one quacker get his head cut? Someone at work said number 32 hit him?

It might have happened when he lost his helmet during a play. Seemed UO players' helmets were coming off a lot last night and the guy whose face was hurt thought he was being messed with, hands to the face kind of stuff, and it should have drawn a flag. Coupled with what was a blatant foul by Fairley on James that was called, I can believe that in addition to being bigger and more physical than Oregon guys were used to, Auburn players might have been pushing the limits of committing personal fouls. They were pretty hot about Auburn's play at different times throughout the game.