PDA

View Full Version : There's the SEC and then there's everyone else

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/11/2011, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure how one could argue against that. Their NC record in these recent years is staggerng.

Here's hoping OU can end that trend next season

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/11/2011, 12:23 AM
Let us take this moment to recognize Vandy, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky's contributions to SEC dominance

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure how one could argue against that. Their NC record in these recent years is staggerng.

Here's hoping OU can end that trend next season

Sounds like opportunity to me.

3rdgensooner
1/11/2011, 12:24 AM
Let us take this moment to recognize Vandy, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky's contributions to SEC dominanceAaaaand done.

toast
1/11/2011, 12:25 AM
well we could say the Big12 and the SEC have won the last six titles ;)

agoo758
1/11/2011, 12:25 AM
The SEC, had the best team this year, and four of its teams lost in the post-season. Please shut up, this is really getting to annoy me.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/11/2011, 12:27 AM
Last...5...titles

bonkuba
1/11/2011, 12:29 AM
.......and they all SUCK!! Just my opinion of course.

cantwait48
1/11/2011, 12:31 AM
well, if we play someone from the sec next year in the title game I sure don't want our O to be in a short yardage or goal line situation against them, that is for sure. we will get our azz handed to us, no doubt.

3rdgensooner
1/11/2011, 12:33 AM
well, if we play someone from the sec next year in the title game I sure don't want our O to be in a short yardage or goal line situation against them, that is for sure. we will get our azz handed to us, no doubt.Maybe, but given the opportunity, I say let's go ahead and play.

agoo758
1/11/2011, 12:33 AM
Last...5...titles

Yeah, I still don't see your point, the SEC isn't a team, its an organization of schools with different interests. The last five national titles didn't make Ole Miss, Diet Mississippi, Vanderbilt, kentucky, tennessee, or whoever else any better, and they sure as hell couldn't compete with those 5 losing teams.

Sooner74
1/11/2011, 04:31 AM
So what I don't get is how the SEC is perceived as the greatest conference. Look at what they put on the field this year regardless of record. I would argue that the Big 12 would have greater success. If they are always ranked and knock each other off then there will never be a fall from grace. This happens continually in other conferences as well, but the SEC looks greater because of 5 straight championship. I know this is a great feat and shows true depth, but I find it funny that they are perceived with such glory when putting crap on the field.

Vanderbilt, Florida, Miss St,Mississippi, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky are part of this top to bottom conference? Not to mention not so hot years from Alabama and Arkansas. That leaves you with LSU and Auburn. I guess they would have you believe this is the best conference ever.

SC Sooner
1/11/2011, 08:25 AM
well, if we play someone from the sec next year in the title game I sure don't want our O to be in a short yardage or goal line situation against them, that is for sure. we will get our azz handed to us, no doubt.

Won't be a problem, we can score from 10, 20, 30 or more yards out. At least if we were to get in a short yardage situation, I'd like to think that we wouldn't keep calling the same type of running plays. When they when to the option/shuffle pass, it worked very well.

HolaKyle
1/11/2011, 09:26 AM
Half of the National Championship games played are in SEC country. In college football, home field advantage means a lot, i.e. our National Championship game against LSU.

C&CDean
1/11/2011, 09:42 AM
Enough SEC love.