PDA

View Full Version : The SEC has now Won the last 5 National Titles

JLEW1818
1/11/2011, 12:21 AM
i think this is an understatement in sports.

AlboSooner
1/11/2011, 12:22 AM
heh

soonerinkaty
1/11/2011, 12:23 AM
**** me

bringit
1/11/2011, 12:26 AM
Jimmie Johnson's 5 straight is a greater feat

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:44 AM
Yeah, but just think...when we beat the SEC for the title next year, we be > SEC. :D

3rdgensooner
1/11/2011, 12:45 AM
The SEC is a team? What is their mascot?

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:46 AM

they think they are

waynepayne
1/11/2011, 12:47 AM

http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/roadrunner.gif

Fireball23
1/11/2011, 12:48 AM
When oversigning rules ever get changed then the $EC West will be at the same level as the rest of the NCAA

silverwheels
1/11/2011, 12:49 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/509807/nbapietrusface_medium.gif

TahoeSOONER
1/11/2011, 12:50 AM
$cam Newton and the SEC can suck it.

soonercastor
1/11/2011, 12:50 AM
http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/roadrunner.gif

Brilliant!

SEC SPEED!

3rdgensooner
1/11/2011, 12:52 AM
So, I was just imagning that the Big XII was in the same situation with, let's say, MNC's being won by Nebbish, MU, TX, OSU & TX in consecutive years. I would never ever take personal pride in the TX wins--I would despise them. And the rest would probably feel like embarrassments to our program.

This SEC stuff just seems whacked to me.

waynepayne
1/11/2011, 12:56 AM
So, I was just imagning that the Big XII was in the same situation with, let's say, MNC's being won by Nebbish, MU, TX, OSU & TX in consecutive years. I would never ever take personal pride in the TX wins--I would despise them. And the rest would probably feel like embarrassments to our program.

you lost me right there. :D

AlboSooner
1/11/2011, 12:58 AM

Good post.

ouwino
1/11/2011, 06:45 AM
what is kind of amazing to me about this is, as good as the sec teams have been the past 5 years, how is it that they dont beat each other in conference play, and the winner of the conference doesnt have at least 2 or 3 losses within the conference???? looks like at some point they would knock each other out of contention for the BCS MNC????????????

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/11/2011, 07:41 AM
Well, the SEC does have the highest player payroll. Kinda like the Yankees.

Soonermagik
1/11/2011, 07:53 AM
The SEC run is about over. Florida, Auburn, LSU & Alabama will all be down next season. I don't see any of those teams really having a legit shot at the title. Alabama would have the best shot. However, Alabama loses Ingram and Julio Jones, which really hurts them.

I think we all know who is about to end this SEC streak. ;)

soonerfromgeorgia
1/11/2011, 07:54 AM
You can't argue with 5 straight, they are the best conference when it comes to winning it all and other than last night it has been pretty convincingly.

2006 January 8, 2007 Florida 41 Ohio State 14

2007 January 7, 2008 LSU 38 Ohio State 24

2008 January 8, 2009 Florida 24 Oklahoma 14

2009 January 7, 2010 Alabama 37 Texas 21

Jacie
1/11/2011, 08:01 AM
It could be worse. Hell, man, the other guys might have won . . .

cleller
1/11/2011, 09:42 AM
Dixieland has taken its stand.

TUSooner
1/11/2011, 10:29 AM
How is it an "understament"? Does it understate the greatmness of the SEC?? Seriously, I just wonder exactly what the OP means by using that word; it's over my head.

Anyway, I have decided it is pointless to b*tch about the SEC. It is what it is, and that is a realy good football conference, at least until folks start regularly beating its best teams. It's pretty simple really. It's got the more good teams than any other conference, and evidently the very best few teams in the country. I don't like the SEC or any of its schools, but that changes nothing. And if they want to have conference pride (and use it to pisz other people off) what is it to us? They have earned it. It's easy for us NOT to relate to conference pride in light of the slow rot of the Less Than XII joke that we belong to.

And by the way, how in the blazes can anyone seriously predict that the SEC will be "down" next year?!?! That's just silly wishful thinking (to be kind). LSU, for example, is returning lots of starters, and Les looks ready to renew his deal with the devil for another season.

Hey, just get over the SEC and worry about what we can control.... Oh wait, we're just message board posters who can't control ANYTHING!
:O :D

Bourbon St Sooner
1/11/2011, 11:45 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, it's pretty damn impressive when consider 4 different teams have had a hand in that.

I'm an OU fan though so I like dominating OUr little conference over here. I don't get any joy out of watching * win a title. I wouldn't get any joy out of watching atm or mo or little brother or any of the others win one if they ever could either.

7 Big 12 titles in 11 years. That's how I like it.

LSUdeek
1/11/2011, 02:20 PM
The SEC run is about over. Florida, Auburn, LSU & Alabama will all be down next season. I don't see any of those teams really having a legit shot at the title. Alabama would have the best shot. However, Alabama loses Ingram and Julio Jones, which really hurts them.

I think we all know who is about to end this SEC streak. ;)

LSU will not be down. We will have 16 returning starters (lose Barksdale, Sheppard, Toliver, P. Peterson, Nevis) including 2 senior (albeit average) QBs as well as the #1 JUCO QB. The NC is in New Orleans next year. :pop:

OUSoonerdude21
1/11/2011, 02:21 PM
:pop:

soonergirlNeugene
1/11/2011, 02:23 PM
How is it an "understament"? Does it understate the greatmness of the SEC?? Seriously, I just wonder exactly what the OP means by using that word; it's over my head.

Anyway, I have decided it is pointless to b*tch about the SEC. It is what it is, and that is a realy good football conference, at least until folks start regularly beating its best teams. It's pretty simple really. It's got the more good teams than any other conference, and evidently the very best few teams in the country. I don't like the SEC or any of its schools, but that changes nothing. And if they want to have conference pride (and use it to pisz other people off) what is it to us? They have earned it. It's easy for us NOT to relate to conference pride in light of the slow rot of the Less Than XII joke that we belong to.

And by the way, how in the blazes can anyone seriously predict that the SEC will be "down" next year?!?! That's just silly wishful thinking (to be kind). LSU, for example, is returning lots of starters, and Les looks ready to renew his deal with the devil for another season.

Hey, just get over the SEC and worry about what we can control.... Oh wait, we're just message board posters who can't control ANYTHING!
:O :D

That was entirely too logical. Someone needs to ban j00 from teh internetz!!

2121Sooner
1/11/2011, 02:27 PM
LSU will not be down. We will have 16 returning starters (lose Barksdale, Sheppard, Toliver, P. Peterson, Nevis) including 2 senior (albeit average) QBs as well as the #1 JUCO QB. The NC is in New Orleans next year. :pop:

And the Super Bowl is in Cowboys Stadium this year. Big damn difference that made.

You were lucky to finish with the record you had and are losing your coach. You wont be good next year.

silverwheels
1/11/2011, 02:45 PM

TIGAH BAIT!

silverwheels
1/11/2011, 02:47 PM
And the Super Bowl is in Cowboys Stadium this year. Big damn difference that made.

You were lucky to finish with the record you had and are losing your coach. You wont be good next year.

Les is staying.

jkjsooner
1/11/2011, 03:01 PM
The NC is in New Orleans next year. :pop:

That's the crap that pisses me off and what explains a couple of their championships. Why must 2 of the 4 championship sites be in SEC country? (Unless Miami is playing in it the city might as well be SEC country. Anyone outside of Miami has to drive through or fly over the SEC to get to it.)

It's time to replace the crappy Sugar Bowl with Dallas or Houston.

It's time LSU goes to play a few games in some else's back yard. As it is they have the most pathetic championships I can think of. Both are played on essentially a home field and in one they had two losses that year.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 03:15 PM

I always find it funny no BCS venue benefits the Big 12 conference. I don't care too much just wanted to point it out. No one plays in Arizona.

3rdgensooner
1/11/2011, 03:17 PM
I think they should start rotating the championship game through all the domed NFL stadiums.

2121Sooner
1/11/2011, 03:21 PM
Les is staying.

The way he coached this year, this might be even worse for LSU.......hahaha!!!

silverwheels
1/11/2011, 03:38 PM
I always find it funny no BCS venue benefits the Big 12 conference. I don't care too much just wanted to point it out. No one plays in Arizona.

That might change when the BCS gets its new contract in a few years. The Cotton Bowl is trying really hard to get included.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 03:40 PM
That might change when the BCS gets its new contract in a few years. The Cotton Bowl is trying really hard to get included.

Good. I was going to mention why the Cotton was never a BCS game.

silverwheels
1/11/2011, 03:43 PM
Good. I was going to mention why the Cotton was never a BCS game.

Cotton Bowl Stadium isn't fit for a BCS game and Dallas weather isn't like the Phoenix area in January (which made up for Sun Devil Stadium not being great). The move to Cowboys Stadium was necessary since no major upgrades were going to be made to Fair Park.

Okie35
1/11/2011, 03:54 PM
Cotton Bowl Stadium isn't fit for a BCS game and Dallas weather isn't like the Phoenix area in January (which made up for Sun Devil Stadium not being great). The move to Cowboys Stadium was necessary since no major upgrades were going to be made to Fair Park.

Well they need to put it in KC then.

soonervegas
1/11/2011, 04:07 PM
11 different teams have won the BCS national title in the 13 years of the BCS. Other than that, who cares......

Mississippi Sooner
1/11/2011, 04:08 PM
I'm just wondering, since Auburn is in the state of Alabama, does this mean Bama will claim another national title?

85sooners
1/11/2011, 04:29 PM
:rolleyes:

soonercastor
12/14/2011, 09:26 PM

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000481417/polls_simpsons_nelson_haha2_2918_427537_answer_2_x large.jpeg

jkjsooner
12/14/2011, 11:51 PM
Darnit, I responded to a post without realizing it was almost a year old. Hate when I do that.