PDA

View Full Version : OU would have

redkid
1/10/2011, 10:27 PM
stuck it to either one of these teams tonight,,sorry but I call it as I see it.

GovtCheese
1/10/2011, 10:32 PM

Are you watching a replay of the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl?

Soonerson1975
1/10/2011, 10:33 PM
So would the Packers.........your point?

redkid
1/10/2011, 10:38 PM
Are you watching a replay of the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl?

is that whine with ur cheese?:D

redkid
1/10/2011, 10:41 PM
So would the Packers.........your point?

So would the Colts or the Eagles or any NFL team,,,,your point?

Soonerson1975
1/10/2011, 10:48 PM
My point is that OU wouldn't beat either of these teams tonight..........not this year.

BoomerJ
1/10/2011, 10:54 PM
I think with how we were playing towards the end of the year we could hang with both teams tonight. However, next year will be our year.

Team Perkis
1/10/2011, 10:54 PM
I think this game is showing that TCU would have put up a strong fight against either of these teams.

redkid
1/10/2011, 10:57 PM
My point is that OU wouldn't beat either of these teams tonight..........not this year.

Hey thats cool if thats your point of viewI don't have a problem with that,,my point of view is from what I seen our Sooners do the last part of the season was impressive and I think they could beat either one tonight in this game,,is all.:)

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2011, 10:57 PM
The sky has a nice pretty crimson color on your planet.

Okie35
1/10/2011, 10:58 PM
I agree or at least TCU would've beat the hell out of either of these teams.

redkid
1/10/2011, 11:02 PM
The sky has a nice pretty crimson color on your planet.

Is there any other color??:D

winout
1/10/2011, 11:08 PM
My guess is you've been in the Biosphere from Feb. 2001 through Jan 9, 2011.

redkid
1/10/2011, 11:13 PM
My guess is you've been in the Biosphere from Feb. 2001 through Jan 9, 2011.

Ya i guess so cause I have been so embarrassed that Bob and the Sooners have only played in 3 more MNC and won 6 CC a rose bowl ,cotton bowl and holiday bowl in between,,where you been?

winout
1/10/2011, 11:18 PM
Ya i guess so cause I have been so embarrassed that Bob and the Sooners have only played in 3 more MNC and won 6 CC a rose bowl ,cotton bowl and holiday bowl in between,,where you been?

And which one of those "stuck it" to a NC caliber team?

BusterRhymes86
1/10/2011, 11:19 PM
Fairly would be in our backfield more than our own running backs.

Chiliman
1/10/2011, 11:24 PM
Fairly would be in our backfield more than our own running backs.

I was thinking the same thing. Can you imagine Ikard or Good trying to block that dude?! Hell, Good would still be in his stance and Fairly would be planting Landry.

redkid
1/10/2011, 11:25 PM
And which one of those "stuck it" to a NC caliber team?

Why you hatin so much for bro,,kick back and watch the game,,enjoy life. Don't let me get ya riled up,, just stating what I think not askin anyone to agree with me.

redkid
1/10/2011, 11:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Can you imagine Ikard or Good trying to block that dude?! Hell, Good would still be in his stance and Fairly would be planting Landry.

That guy would be in anyones backfield,,he is a force.

cleller
1/10/2011, 11:42 PM
The Auburn D has impressed me more than either of the attention grabbing offenses.
Auburn and TCU would have been good.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:16 AM
The Auburn D has impressed me more than either of the attention grabbing offenses.
Auburn and TCU would have been good.

But, but.. Auburn and Oregon was good.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:23 AM

I agree and was thinkin the same thing. I thought more of these 2 teams until I watched them play. ugly game, OU would have waxed them both.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/11/2011, 12:26 AM
It was an ugly game because both teams were good. Just because the score wasn't 64-0 doesn't mean that OU could beat either team. I love my Sooners and I think they would be competitive, but to say they would wax both teams is f'n crazy and basically wrong

DarrellZero
1/11/2011, 12:27 AM
Auburn's pretty good.

Oregon looked beatable.

kevpks
1/11/2011, 12:29 AM
That Auburn front 7 was pretty stout but I think we could have contained Cam and made enough plays in the passing game to pull out a win.

Oregon sucks.

It's time to prove it on the field next year. If we avoid laying an egg on the road I truly believe we'll finally get #8.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:30 AM
It was an ugly game because both teams were good. Just because the score wasn't 64-0 doesn't mean that OU could beat either team. I love my Sooners and I think they would be competitive, but to say they would wax both teams is f'n crazy and basically wrong

you didn't detect my sarcasm? :confused:

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:31 AM

^This. The whole big12 was down this year and that was the level of our competition. I'm proud of how our guys finished, but I don't see us hanging with either one of these teams for 4 quarters. We're not too far off as I think bottom half of the top 10 is pretty accurate, but we need to make some strides in both spring and fall to be top 5. I think we will.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:34 AM
OU fans take themselves way too seriously...lighten up, sippin the koolaid never killed anyone...

Eielson
1/11/2011, 12:34 AM
There is no way we would've beaten Auburn.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:36 AM
There is no way we would've beaten Auburn.

yes there is. If we would have scored more points than they did, we would have beaten them :D

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:36 AM
OU fans take themselves way too seriously...lighten up, sippin the koolaid never killed anyone...

Jonestown?

Eielson
1/11/2011, 12:37 AM
yes there is. If we would have scored more points than they did, we would have beaten them :D

Only way that happens is if Newton and Fairley get hurt.

Rocko
1/11/2011, 12:39 AM
Firstly, these types of statements are stupid. We obviously did not belong on that field tonight, by our team's performance throughout the season.

Second, I think we had a chance against Oregon. They couldn't cover anything tonight, and we arguably have a stronger passing attack than Auburn (ok, we do).

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 12:49 AM

You are aware the cliche "sipping the Kool-Aid" stems from people who drank cyanide-laced punch at the behest of a cult leader in one of the largest mass suicides in history, yes?

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:51 AM
You are aware the cliche "sipping the Kool-Aid" stems from people who drank cyanide-laced punch at the behest of a cult leader in one of the largest mass suicides in history, yes?

again, sarcasm eludes this forum

FrostySooner
I don't think we would have beaten Auburn or Oregon this year but after watching the MNC tonight, I am certainly happy that we have Landry under center. We will finish in the top 10 and that is where I think we should be this year.

TCU and Stanford were pretty impressive in their bowl games.

1. Auburn
2. TCU
3. Stanford
4. Oregon
5. Ohio State

OUthunder

Agreed, we might beat Oregon, but Auburn would kill Landry.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:52 AM
6. OU

yankee
1/11/2011, 12:52 AM
Second, I think we had a chance against Oregon. They couldn't cover anything tonight, and we arguably have a stronger passing attack than Auburn (ok, we do).

They couldn't cover anything because they sold out for Cam. Landry's awesome, but defenses don't have to do that since he didn't rush for 1,400 yards on the season.

We didn't belong on the field with either of these teams, simply put. Of course neither looked great tonight. That's because both are top notch teams.

cyclonesooner
1/11/2011, 12:55 AM
You don't rate Stanford over Oregon after Stanford lost to Oregon by 20 in regular season. Not sure either team could beat TCU.

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 12:55 AM

And the context of your post, apparently.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 12:59 AM
And the context of your post, apparently.

apparently :pop:

misplacedsooner
1/11/2011, 01:02 AM
i like our chances against either of them. i saw teams give allburn all they wanted this year and i believe we would do the same and then some.

TahoeSOONER
1/11/2011, 01:10 AM
I think Auburns front four would give us fits but don't think your reaching too far here, any given day.

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 01:11 AM
I think Auburns front four would give us fits but don't think your reaching too far here, any given day.
exactly, after seeing them play, they are both very good teams, but beatable..

Eielson
1/11/2011, 02:34 AM

Yeah. No sarcasm on this forum. We're always serious.

Leroy Lizard
1/11/2011, 03:28 AM
If OU played Auburn tomorrow the line would probably favor Auburn by a touchdown. Auburn is the better team, but it wouldn't be a huge upset. If Landry is on fire, OU can beat anyone especially if Cam played the way he did tonight.

Sooner_Tuf
1/11/2011, 04:06 AM
Neither Oregon nor Auburn played well tonight. OU wouldn't be blown out be either one.

Next year we should be better but I don't think we will be a shoe in National Title type team. It's possible but we have some voids to fill and we need a more dependable running game. Not mention we need to be better on both lines.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 10:33 AM
Couch bravado doth run rampant 'round these parts.

fwsooner22
1/11/2011, 11:41 AM
Did anyone watch those two Offensive Lines. I just don't see what some of you saw. I think the two best teams in the country played last night. The drop off from 1 and 2 in the country is significant.

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:21 PM
Did anyone watch those two Offensive Lines. I just don't see what some of you saw. I think the two best teams in the country played last night. The drop off from 1 and 2 in the country is significant.

I think it was certainly 2 of the best teams and 2 that earned the right to go. But I disagree there was a big drop off. The next time they do one of those "best teams of all times" dealy, no team from this year will be mentioned. Any one of the top 5 teams would have been dangerous if they got to the final and I don't think anyone would want any part of Stanford for the last 5-6 weeks of the season. OU finishing slightly below that crowd is about right. OUr biggest weakness that would hold us back is our poor TD percentage in the redzone. If we were just above average in that department, we could compete with the top 5.

Breadburner
1/11/2011, 12:37 PM
We should have beaten Mizzou and TAMU first......

Breadburner
1/11/2011, 12:41 PM
I think it was certainly 2 of the best teams and 2 that earned the right to go. But I disagree there was a big drop off. The next time they do one of those "best teams of all times" dealy, no team from this year will be mentioned. Any one of the top 5 teams would have been dangerous if they got to the final and I don't think anyone would want any part of Stanford for the last 5-6 weeks of the season. OU finishing slightly below that crowd is about right. OUr biggest weakness that would hold us back is our poor TD percentage in the redzone. If we were just above average in that department, we could compete with the top 5.

We had 44 Touchdowns in the red-zone this year 2nd most in the B12......

2121Sooner
1/11/2011, 12:41 PM
I think with how we were playing towards the end of the year we could hang with both teams tonight. However, next year will be our year.

Is this a GOPOKES board?

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2011, 12:56 PM
We had 44 Touchdowns in the red-zone this year 2nd most in the B12......

Yes, but %? % against decent defenses? (Mizzou, aTm, NU). Jimmy wouldn't be able to kick enough 25 yard FGs to win against a stout D.

TUSooner
1/11/2011, 01:18 PM

Put down the Kool-Aid! It's affecting your eyesight. I'm not saying OU wouldn't or couldn't play with them, but I would not bet the change in your pocket that this year's OU team would beat either the Ducks or Auburn. Recall our losses to Mizzou and aTm (which got a spanked by LSU), and our "signature" win, eked out over Nebbish with a QB in the midst of a full-blown disintegration. And how mnay wins did we have by barely holdiong on against mediocre teams? Landry Jones does not yet have the confidence (dare I say "moxie"?) to handle the heat or those defenses, especially Auburn's. And our defense would have trouble containing either of those offenses, even after a month of rust. No no, you just don't see very well, redkid. Maybe next year, though!

Soonerite
1/11/2011, 01:20 PM
Is this a GOPOKES board?

They have basically the same thread on Orangepower. :rolleyes:

OUEngr1990
1/11/2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah. No sarcasm on this forum. We're always serious.

http://www.doughtie.net/mustang/SeriousCat.jpg

OUmillenium
1/11/2011, 02:21 PM
Auburn's pretty good.

Oregon looked beatable.

This^

On Sirius 122 yday, the Bama qb picked Oregon cuz he thought the pace of their offense would wear Auburn down.

His most interesting views were on the defensive line of Auburn. He said a couple of their starters did not play in the first half of the Bama game and when they came in the 2nd half they dominated. He had high praise for them and I think it showed during the game last night. Auburns def line studs controlled the 2nd half (thats all I watched).

stoopified
1/11/2011, 02:27 PM
Is there any other color??:D :)

85sooners
1/11/2011, 04:32 PM
:pop:

tulsaoilerfan
1/11/2011, 10:37 PM
I think there are at least 10 teams that could have beaten either of those teams last night; the problem is the way too long layoff between games gives the coaches and players the necessary time to scheme of ways to stop the other team; play this game after a week and i think u see both teams score 40

redkid
1/12/2011, 12:40 AM
I think there are at least 10 teams that could have beaten either of those teams last night; the problem is the way too long layoff between games gives the coaches and players the necessary time to scheme of ways to stop the other team; play this game after a week and i think u see both teams score 40

The truth ^ There's to much time between end of season game's and bowl game's especially the NCG.

TUSooner
1/12/2011, 10:32 AM

I agree with "the problem" but not that there are 10 teams that could have won. For one thing, those "10 teams" would have had the same ridiculous layoff.

BTW: Playoff >>>>>>>>>>>> Layoff