PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Aldebaran

proud gonzo
1/10/2011, 05:10 PM
What's your handle mean? :confused:

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 05:27 PM
It's a reference to my zodiac sign which I don't put any stock in, and it's the primary star which is a largely meaningless designation, and it's arabic name and that reminds me that bad **** happens to progressive civilizations if they burn down the observatory and let superstition take over.

In short.. it's a BS handle, but it works for me.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 05:29 PM
It's Sioux for "bungeater"

proud gonzo
1/10/2011, 05:32 PM
It's a reference to my zodiac sign which I don't put any stock in, and it's the primary star which is a largely meaningless designation, and it's arabic name and that reminds me that bad **** happens to progressive civilizations if they burn down the observatory and let superstition take over.

Ahh, ok. Now when I see your posts I won't think to myself, "Why did that dude spell Alderaan wrong?" :D

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 05:33 PM
Nothing wrong with tossing the salad as long as she takes care of herself.

OUthunder
1/10/2011, 05:33 PM

I thought it was in reference to this:

http://www.ericgiguere.com/images/all-bran-front-400-619.jpg

thecynic
1/10/2011, 05:43 PM
I thought it was Klingon for "little cack"

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 05:44 PM
Ahh, ok. Now when I see your posts I won't think to myself, "Why did that dude spell Alderaan wrong?" :D

That would be seriously embarassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pUNbT6DpRs

2121Sooner

Oh silly, you know Ald speaks Vulcan and not Klingon.

OUthunder

Don't **** with the Klingons man.