PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff says Ariz. rampage suspect not cooperating

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 11:16 AM
Well hells bells, Do they think hes just gonna spill his guts to em ?
He do have the right to Remain silent :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

Veritas
1/10/2011, 12:14 PM
Jesus, just hang the son of a bitch.

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2011, 12:38 PM
Speaking of that Sheriff, does anybody else think he may be jeopardizing the investigation by interjecting his own personal opinion about vitriolic rhetoric?

Even though he's admitted there's not one shred of evidence to suggest that's what motivated Louhgner?

cccasooner2
1/10/2011, 12:46 PM
Speaking of that Sheriff, does anybody else think he may be jeopardizing the investigation by interjecting his own personal opinion about vitriolic rhetoric?

Even though he's admitted there's not one shred of evidence to suggest that's what motivated Louhgner?

Sounds like he would make an excellent "expert" witness. :)

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2011, 12:56 PM
Well, I think if you're a part of an ongoing investigation in a criminal case, you'd keep those opinions to yourself. Especially when those opinions are not relevant to the case.

I just can't recall any DA, sheriff, etc. ever offering up his personal opinions in a case like this.

Or why it would necessarily matter in case like this that he's not opening up.

You've not only got eye witness testimony from multiple witnesses, but enough forensically to send him to the gas chamber.

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 01:02 PM
Maybe they should run the little ****wad up to Sheriff Joe in Maricopa Co. I bet he'd get the dungpile to open his yapper.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe they should run the little ****wad up to Sheriff Joe in Maricopa Co. I bet he'd get the dungpile to open his yapper.

I'll bet they've got a spot for him at Gitmo. ;)

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 01:10 PM
Maybe some waterboarding or some 24v DC to his nutsack are in order?

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 01:13 PM
Maybe some waterboarding or some 24v DC to his nutsack are in order?

All at an undisclosed location of course . . . let a few of the family members who lost a loved one "talk" to him.

fadada1
1/10/2011, 01:42 PM
First, this a-hole is no "suspect". I think that term vanished the moment he woke up saturday morning.

Second, this sub-human is the reason torture was invented. i hope his existence is now (and forever) very uncomfortable.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 01:46 PM
I pretty much agree, Just take his *** out and pop a cap in his head and be done with it.
But as long as we are the United States of America He does have the right to remain silent and would be a bigger fool than he already is if he gave up that right .

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah... He could be in even bigger trouble if he talks.

KABOOKIE
1/10/2011, 02:21 PM
If we pop a cap in this dude right now then we may never know how deep this left wing conspiracy goes!!!

sooner59
1/10/2011, 02:23 PM
They should just tell the biggest dudes in the Arizona prison system that they will get a lifetime supply of honeybuns if they rape him to death.

yermom
1/10/2011, 02:27 PM
i'm sure he expected to be dead, he's probably just waiting to now be declared unfit for trial... i'd just let him stew for a while, i'm sure he'll talk eventually

3rdgensooner
1/10/2011, 02:31 PM
i'd just let him stew for a while, i'm sure he'll talk eventually
Or commit suicide

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 02:32 PM
Threads like these always get a little wierd when random people start fantasizing about prison anal sex with no sense of irony.

yermom
1/10/2011, 02:35 PM
death by Unga Bunga!

Penguin
1/10/2011, 02:43 PM
Why does anybody need him to talk? Looks like they have plenty of evidence for the federal death penalty.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 02:44 PM
He'll be sent to a mental institution where he will write his (jumbled) memoirs and be hailed as a hero by certain elements of the political extreme.

Soonerson1975
1/10/2011, 02:46 PM
If they want to torture him they should make his listen to Mary Fallin 24 hours a day.

yermom
1/10/2011, 02:47 PM
Why does anybody need him to talk? Looks like they have plenty of evidence for the federal death penalty.

it would be nice if he had accomplices

OhU1
1/10/2011, 02:58 PM
Hey, what about the presumption of innocence? Are we just going to convict him without a trial? blah, blah, blah. (Someone is required to say this self righteously in any discussion of a crime. As if the presumption of innocence applies outside a courtroom.)

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 03:00 PM
If he dies in prison, can I have his honeybuns?

SoonerStormchaser
1/10/2011, 03:12 PM

It's been fairly obvious that he's using this to be a springboard towards higher political aspirations...

Breadburner
1/10/2011, 03:17 PM
The more I hear from this Sheriff...The more I think he is an idiot.....

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2011, 03:21 PM

I believe you can.

Penguin
1/10/2011, 03:22 PM
Morons were showing up at the healthcare "debates" with guns and you think the sheriff is not allowed to put two and two together?

Curly Bill
1/10/2011, 03:23 PM
Morons were showing up at the healthcare "debates" with guns and you think the sheriff is not allowed to put two and two together?

...and which one of those morons who showed up at a healthcare debate with a gun did the shooting...:confused:

OUthunder
1/10/2011, 03:23 PM
More importantly, I did not know that you could purchase an extended mag/automatic weapon at the Sportsman Warehouse.

What's next bazookas and grenades? ;)

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 03:25 PM
More importantly, I did not know that you could purchase an extended mag/automatic weapon at the Sportsman Warehouse.

What's next bazookas and grenades? ;)

No, LAS will have to get those for you at the next Gun Show in LA :pop:

Soonerson1975
1/10/2011, 03:25 PM
Does Bass Pro Shops sell flamethrowers?

Curly Bill
1/10/2011, 03:26 PM

Yeah, but just the small ones.

OUthunder
1/10/2011, 03:26 PM

If you buy the *** kickin peanuts that they sell, then yes they do. :D

Penguin
1/10/2011, 03:32 PM
...and which one of those morons who showed up at a healthcare debate with a gun did the shooting...:confused:

Yes, I guess you are right. It is a very sane and wise decision to show up a political "debate" with guns.

fadada1
1/10/2011, 03:34 PM
interesting thing about his probable insanity plea. according to the DA out there in AZ, someone may be found "insane but guilty", keeping them locked away in a padded room somewhere. should they become "sane" again, they get to go play with the "real" criminals in the "federal pound you in the a$$ prison" for the remainder of their sentence.

wouldn't be shocked if he never made it to trial, however. he's either going to "off" himself first, or someone's gonna get him jack ruby style.

Curly Bill
1/10/2011, 03:34 PM
Yes, I guess you are right. It is a very sane and wise decision to show up a political "debate" with guns.

I once tried to show up a political debate with a stick and some rocks, but when that didn't get the attention of the namby-pamby "guns are icky" crowd, then yeah, I had to turn to the real thing. :D

OUthunder
1/10/2011, 03:36 PM
I for one think he's doing more damage alive than he would have done dead. Now, the victims and the families get to see him constantly on the tube, even after his initial "15 minutes of fame" are up.

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2011, 03:41 PM

People you don't know responsibly carry guns to plenty of other public places, too.

In fact, I was watching Dateline last night and a dude at another store in the same shopping center as the Safeway parking lot that Rep. Giffords was holding her event at was carrying a gun on his person, was swiping his credit card to pay for his purchase, heard the gunshots and ran outside.

By the time he got out there, the gunman had been tackled. But imagine if everything had gone down about a minute later? If he had a chance to take out this a**hole Loughner before he shot 20 people and killed 6 others?

Point is, the people who open carried to these debates and underwent the proper screening and training to obtain a license don't scare me.

In fact, I'd rather have them present if something goes down.

Penguin
1/10/2011, 03:43 PM
I bet the son of a bitch drinks Pepsi.

Curly Bill
1/10/2011, 03:43 PM
People you don't know responsibly carry guns to plenty of other public places, too.

In fact, I was watching Dateline last night and a dude at another store in the same shopping center as the Safeway parking lot that Rep. Giffords was holding her event at was carrying a gun on his person, was swiping his credit card to pay for his purchase, heard the gunshots and ran outside.

By the time he got out there, the gunman had been tackled. But imagine if everything had gone down about a minute later? If he had a chance to take out this a**hole before he shot 20 people and killed 6 others?

Point is, the people who open carried to these debates and underwent the proper screening and training to obtain a license don't scare me.

Yup & much better said than my merely poking fun at our "guns are icky" poster.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 03:46 PM

Exactly.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 03:53 PM
Shooting up a crowd and killing people is one thing, but when they refuse to cooperate with the sheriff that really chaps my hide.

oumartin
1/10/2011, 03:57 PM
If I were in charge this POS would be beaten to within an inch of his life everyday for the next 15 years.

okie52
1/10/2011, 03:57 PM
I wish the shooter would clear up Palin's involvement in this. The suspense is killing me.

3rdgensooner
1/10/2011, 04:01 PM
I want a Stryker Armored Vehicle

Curly Bill
1/10/2011, 04:11 PM
I wish the shooter would clear up Palin's involvement in this. The suspense is killing me.

Just watch MSNBC, they're on the case as we speak.

Soonerwake
1/10/2011, 04:19 PM
All at an undisclosed location of course . . . let a few of the family members who lost a loved one "talk" to him.

Would that be parent 1 or parent 2? :confused:

okie52
1/10/2011, 04:34 PM
Is 1/2 NSFW?

Blue
1/10/2011, 04:44 PM

By the time he got out there, the gunman had been tackled. But imagine if everything had gone down about a minute later? If he had a chance to take out this a**hole Loughner before he shot 20 people and killed 6 others?

Yup. What we need is more responsible gun owners carrying. You think that dip**** would have pulled that stunt if he knew 50 people in the audience were packing?

Blue
1/10/2011, 04:46 PM

The Daily Kos had the same type of target list up with bullseyes and she was on that list too for pissing off the liberals. There was even a post claiming, "Gifford is dead to me!"

But you won't hear that story.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/6/25/1204/74882/511/541568

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=249273

Curly Bill
1/10/2011, 04:48 PM
The Daily Kos had the same type of target list up with bullseyes and she was on that list too for pissing off the liberals. There was even a post claiming, "Gifford is dead to me!"

Yeah, but we all know liberals don't have guns, so it's totally different. ;)

MR2-Sooner86
1/10/2011, 04:54 PM

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/files/2010/11/liberal_crap.jpg

Did the guy do it? Yes.
Do we know why? He was crazy.

Shoot him, donate the organs, and see who's up for lunch.

KABOOKIE
1/10/2011, 04:56 PM
Look this **** didn't happen when George was in charge. I'm just saying.

oumartin
1/10/2011, 05:27 PM

George was the best prez ever IMO

sooner59
1/10/2011, 05:55 PM
I heard George had wooden teeth and was a Freemason. Him and Ben used to chase tail together. :D

OUMallen
1/10/2011, 06:17 PM

Might not be of much use to you at that point, rigor mortis and all...

KABOOKIE
1/10/2011, 06:29 PM
George was the best prez ever IMO

Best thing you have ever said.

fadada1
1/10/2011, 10:00 PM

except for the nice men from saudi arabia that flew a couple planes into some big buildings, you're right.

KABOOKIE
1/11/2011, 12:25 AM
except for the nice men from saudi arabia that flew a couple planes into some big buildings, you're right.

What does that have to do with the tucson tragedy?

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 12:31 AM
What does that have to do with the tucson tragedy?

Both are terrorist incidents. One obviously on a larger scale than the other.

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 12:33 AM

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/6/25/1204/74882/511/541568

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=249273

Of course, the Daily Kos link you posted has no bulls-eyes on it.

Blue
1/11/2011, 12:36 AM
Of course, the Daily Kos link you posted has no bulls-eyes on it.

You don't believe me? These screenshots I posted aren't there anymore either. They've been scrubbing their site as fast as possible since this happened.

KABOOKIE
1/11/2011, 12:48 AM
Both are terrorist incidents. One obviously on a larger scale than the other.

Both you and captain obvious up there are forgetting the whole point. This **** didn't happen when George was the man.

A Sooner in Texas
1/11/2011, 12:50 AM
When was the massacre at Virginia Tech?

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 12:50 AM
Both you and captain obvious up there are forgetting the whole point. This **** didn't happen when George was the man.

What **** are you referring to? This particular incident? Or terrorist incidents in general?

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 12:53 AM
You don't believe me? These screenshots I posted aren't there anymore either. They've been scrubbing their site as fast as possible since this happened.

I don't know if Kos posted a pic with bulls-eyes or not. I know I've seen such imagery from both left- and right-leaning sites. I'm simply saying if you're going to say Kos posted such things, your link to Kos offered as proof should show said imagery.

Blue
1/11/2011, 12:57 AM
I don't know if Kos posted a pic with bulls-eyes or not. I know I've seen such imagery from both left- and right-leaning sites. I'm simply saying if you're going to say Kos posted such things, your link to Kos offered as proof should show said imagery.

Fair enough. I added the links after i posted just to post some more info.

Personally I'm in the camp of not overreacting and blaming a certain group. Just trying to balance it out.

One things for sure, the media will over sensationalize the whole ordeal and the govt wont let a good crisis go to waste. expect more laws to keep you in check. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/11/2011, 12:58 AM

not if they take the pics down. :rolleyes:

John Kochtoston
1/11/2011, 01:08 AM
not if they take the pics down. :rolleyes:

If the pics came down between the time he posted and the time I posted, then yes, I agree.

SoonerBorn68
1/11/2011, 03:07 AM
Take this for what it's worth, a blog. However, if true could lead to some interesting discussions down the road.

Sheriff Dupnik’s Culpability (http://hennessysview.com/2011/01/10/sheriff-dupniks-culpability/)

According to an internal Department of Homeland Security memo, Jarod Lee Loughner’s mother “works for Pima County Board of Supervisors.”
In the memo, obtained by Fox News and posted on Greta Van Susteren’s blog (http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/latest-on-shooting-of-congresswoman-giffords-motivation-anti-semitic-and-she-was-the-target/), the DHS agent openly speculates about undue internal influence. That’s because Loughner’s arrests don’t all end (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/01/arizona-shooter-loughner-has-gun-despite-criminal-record.html) with reasonable closure, if you will.

Here’s exactly what the DHS report says:
suspect’s mother works for the Pima County Board of Supervisors* the suspect has multiple arrests … But no criminal record? Intervention by someone?It’s not unreasonable to assume that that “someone” is Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik.
On Saturday evening, Dupnik took to the airwaves to create a sensation (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/10/dupnik-friends-critics-remarks-arizona-shooting/). He accused the people of Arizona, talk radio, Sharon Angle, Sarah Palin, and the tea party (http://stlouisteaparty.com/) of complicity in murder, effectively. The sheriff did so without evidence.
If Dupnik was invol (http://thechollajumps.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/jared-loughner-is-a-product-of-sheriff-dupniks-office/)ved in springing Loughner after one of the murderer’s many arrests, then Dupnik had strong motive to manufacture a bogeyman. If Dupnik helped keep Loughner stay out of the state psych system (http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2011/01/10/did-dupnik-dismiss-loughner-threat/), then his motive doubles. There’s mounting evidence (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/01/report-sheriff-knew-about-loughners-actions-previous-threats-failed-to-act/) that Dupnik is guilty of both (http://extranosalley.com/?p=8731).
We already know that Dupnik refused to uphold Arizona’s SB1070 (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/04/29/2010-04-29_arizona_sheriff_clarence_dupnik_refuses_to_enfo rce_states_new_racist_immigration.html). We already know that he holds the people of Arizona in the highest contempt (http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/01/09/pima-county-sheriff-clarence-dupnik-blames-arizonas-%E2%80%9Cprejudice-bigotry%E2%80%9D-for-shooting-of-u-s-rep-giffords-by-jared-lee-loughner/). A law enforcement officer who despises the people he’s sworn to protect and who refuses to enforce the law he’s sworn to uphold is unfit for office.
If I were Arizona’s Attorney General, I’d be asking putting together a case for some warrants.
But, as Dennis Miller would say, that’s just my opinion; I could be wrong.

http://hennessysview.com/2011/01/10/sheriff-dupniks-culpability/#

SC Sooner
1/11/2011, 08:38 AM

Yes, but you will have to go in and get them personally, no surrogates.