PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff wish list

TUSooner
1/10/2011, 09:19 AM
Of the 8 teams remaining, who do you WANT (or not want) to win it all?

Now that the Saints have been rightly booted out by a team with more testicular fortitude, here are my favorites -- not who I think will win, but who I want to win. Nos. 3-6 are almost interchangeable. Steelers are dead last on my list, so bet on them.

1 Green Bay
2 Seattle
3 Patriots
4 Jets
5 Ravens
6 Atlanta
7 Chicago
8 Pittsburgh

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 10:12 AM
Wheres the IDGAS option?
The last Super Bowl I watched, and I wernt really watchin then was when Janets titty fell out dont remember who was playin and dint see it happen on TeeVee but heard about it and then did the Google :D

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 10:26 AM
1. Pack

TIA

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 10:45 AM
1. Pack

TIA

Fer you Deano Ill root fer em . other than that IDGAS:D

Tin Cup
1/10/2011, 10:58 AM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/Flap381/STEELERS-3.gif

TUSooner
1/10/2011, 11:00 AM
Wheres the IDGAS option?
The last Super Bowl I watched, and I wernt really watchin then was when Janets titty fell out dont remember who was playin and dint see it happen on TeeVee but heard about it and then did the Google :D

That's a pretty good point. But I can't watch any game of any sport for more than a few minutes without developing a rooting interest in one team or the other. By the time the Stupor Bowl comes around, my favorite teams are usually gone, and I'm left to root against someone, or I have to contrive some reason to chose a side just to make it worthwhile to watch the game. By the next day, I usuallu don't care who won. Sometimes, years later, I wonder why I wanted a certain to win. Examples: When 49ers played Bengals, I was for the 49ers because they had knocked off Dallas recently and they were the NFC's team. Now whenever I see highlights of that game, it almost kills me to see Cincinnati lose. Same with the Giants - Buffalo game. too bad the Bills didn't win I also wish Patriots had beaten the Giants and gone 19-0, though at the time I was for the Giants and Eli Manning. In the 1st 2 SB's I wanted the Pack to get knocked off. Now I'm glad they won them both. Go figure.

The upshot of all may blather: IDGAS is probably the CORRECT answer, but it's not the most interesting one. :D

JLEW1818
1/10/2011, 11:05 AM
Preseason I picked Baltimore over Green Bay

IndySooner
1/10/2011, 11:10 AM
Of the 8 teams remaining, who do you WANT (or not want) to win it all?

Now that the Saints have been rightly booted out by a team with more testicular fortitude, here are my favorites -- not who I think will win, but who I want to win. Nos. 3-6 are almost interchangeable. Steelers are dead last on my list, so bet on them.

1 Green Bay
2 Seattle
3 Patriots
4 Jets
5 Ravens
6 Atlanta
7 Chicago
8 Pittsburgh

I really don't have a team to root for now. Probably like this:

1. Bears
2. Falcons
3. Seahawks
4. Packers
5. Ravens
6. Jets
7. Steelers
8. Patriots

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 11:12 AM
That's a pretty good point. But I can't watch any game of any sport for more than a few minutes without developing a rooting interest in one team or the other. By the time the Stupor Bowl comes around, my favorite teams are usually gone, and I'm left to root against someone, or I have to contrive some reason to chose a side just to make it worthwhile to watch the game. By the next day, I usuallu don't care who won. Sometimes, years later, I wonder why I wanted a certain to win. Examples: When 49ers played Bengals, I was for the 49ers because they had knocked off Dallas recently and they were the NFC's team. Now whenever I see highlights of that game, it almost kills me to see Cincinnati lose. Same with the Giants - Buffalo game. too bad the Bills didn't win I also wish Patriots had beaten the Giants and gone 19-0, though at the time I was for the Giants and Eli Manning. In the 1st 2 SB's I wanted the Pack to get knocked off. Now I'm glad they won them both. Go figure.

The upshot of all may blather: IDGAS is probably the CORRECT answer, but it's not the most interesting one. :D

KInda Like tonights Game Kev.
If I watch , Ill wait till I see one team or the other take a big lead then Ill root fer the one thats losin.
Im always fer the under dog :D

JohnnyMack
1/10/2011, 11:19 AM
1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Patriots
5. Falcons
6. Packers
7. Jets
8. Bears

SoonerPr8r
1/10/2011, 12:10 PM
1. Pack
2. Falcons
3. Ravens

Dats it.

Honestly after the Packers I don't care as long as it's not the Steelers or the Pats

bent rider
1/10/2011, 12:30 PM
I'd like to see Packers vs Ravens, with Packers winning. I know its not the most likely scenario, though. It would be good if the Seahags beat Da Bears next weekend to assist.

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 12:30 PM
1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Patriots
5. Falcons
6. Packers
7. Jets
8. Bears

Fag.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/10/2011, 12:35 PM
RAVENS!!

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 01:14 PM
RAVENS!!

Fagette.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/10/2011, 01:16 PM
Screw Green Bay. I'm tired of hearing so much about a team that hasn't accomplished anything.

I guess I'll root for the Ravens and Falcons. Kelly Gregg and Curtis Lofton.

bmjlr
1/10/2011, 01:20 PM
Wheres the IDGAS option?

^^^^^^^this! Super Bowl for me is just pizza and beer. Oh, and the above mentioned incident. :D

sooner518
1/10/2011, 01:24 PM
here's who I absolutely do NOT want to win it:
Steelers (I prefer rapists not win super bowls)
Ravens (snoooooze. boring to watch)
Jets (i dont like BRaylon Edwards and I think Revis is a punk)
Chicago (Cutler is a megad00sh)

I wouldnt mind seeing Atlanta or Seattle winning it. for some reason, I feel like I should hate the PAts, but I just dont for some reason.

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 01:30 PM
Screw Green Bay. I'm tired of hearing so much about a team that hasn't accomplished anything.

I guess I'll root for the Ravens and Falcons. Kelly Gregg and Curtis Lofton.

Huh. The first ever Super Bowl. The second ever Super Bowl. 1996.

If you wanna talk about a team that hasn't accomplished anything you better talk about your aints. Finally, 50-bazillion years later they win a SB. BFD. Besides, they've got the cheater Reggie Bush so they're **** to me.

badger
1/10/2011, 01:33 PM
Deano didn't mention it, so I will - the Packers have the most championships of any team in NFL history. We were winning Super Bowls before they were called Super Bowls, much like OU won national championships before the BCS and the awarding of crystal footballs. We are the once and future kings of the NFL. Bow down, beyonces

Oh... and since you all asked:

1. Packers
Distant second: Any Sooner alums.

No, not their teams, just the Sooners themselves. I was genuinely happy for Keenan Clayton getting his first NFL sack yesterday, even if it was sacking Aaron Rodgers.

Last is definitely Seattle. Not only do they not have any OU alums, but they also have Pete. Boo Pete. Lose forever!

OULenexaman
1/10/2011, 01:35 PM
why would anyone want Pete Carroll to win the SB??

JohnnyMack
1/10/2011, 01:51 PM

Because it would be hilarious?

badger
1/10/2011, 01:54 PM

You know why Pete Carroll hasn't won a Super Bowl? Because of the Packers. Look it up. Pete Carroll would have a Super Bowl if it weren't for the Packers.

NOW EVERYONE CHEER FOR GREEN BAY, OR YOU LOVE PETE CARROLL!

EDIT: Actually, I guess Petey came the year after the Pats lost our Super Bowl in '97... but you still love Pete Carroll if you don't cheer for the Packers.

JLEW1818
1/10/2011, 02:01 PM
Hey honey

TUSooner
1/10/2011, 02:02 PM
Pete won't win the Lombardi this year, His team played their only "A" game of the season on Saturday. Of course, the Bears could screw it up and lose to Seattle, but even if they do, nobody else will.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 02:09 PM
The ONLY match up i would be interested in , Is if the Jets Played Seattle.
Id love to see Sanchez beat his Old coach who said he wasnt ready.:D
Then I wouldnt GAF who won oe lost after that

PalmBeachSooner
1/10/2011, 02:11 PM
Wheres the IDGAS option?

I'm with OleVet on this subject. IDGAS.

OULenexaman
1/10/2011, 02:15 PM
Of course, the Bears could screw it up and lose to Seattle, but even if they do, nobody else will.

Which they already did earlier this year at home....:mad:

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 02:40 PM
1. Hawks
2. Dont care

And nice try on Saturday Porter against Lynch!!!