PDA

View Full Version : Gresh goes back to school

Salt City Sooner
1/9/2011, 05:15 PM
Well, sort of....:D

Mason High School freshman Abbie Wootton brought a special guest to school on December 21-- Cincinnati Bengals' tight end Jermaine Gresham. As part of a "Take an NFL Rookie to School" contest sponsored by the radio station Kiss 107, Wootton, her father (John), brother (Jack), and friends Nicole Santos and Cara Gallagher were treated to a limousine ride to school with Gresham.

Students in Wootton's Algebra class had the opportunity to hear Gresham talk about his experience playing professional football and to ask him questions. He shared his observations about his teammates, including Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, and he talked about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle. "I'm learning as I go," said Gresham. "I've got to take care of my body and eat well."

Gresham also shared that he was actually a basketball player in high school until the head football coach "changed my life by convincing me to play football." Gresham also credited his high school guidance counselor with "lighting a fire under me" and emphasizing the importance of good grades. Gresham understands the importance of giving back and would eventually like to open more recreation centers for kids like the one he has been involved with in Oklahoma, where he attended college.

"There is no better feeling than winning," shared Gresham, especially in the NFL. Professional football players must study game films constantly, according to Gresham. He said that putting that much time into the game "is the difference between being good and great." Pittsburgh is Gresham's favorite place to play football because of the high level of play, the intensity of the games, and the passionate fans. "I thrive on the energy," said Gresham.

After Gresham spoke, Pepsi Marketing Manager Ross Phillips provided hats and photos for students, and Gresham spent time signing autographs.

http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/user_photos/156960/213097tn300.jpg

MojoRisen
1/9/2011, 06:02 PM
Was watching a 2008 replay of the Osu game. The guy was unstoppable! Hope he continues to get paid and does well.

boomersooner28
1/9/2011, 09:06 PM
Good on Gresh!

Soonermagik
1/9/2011, 09:39 PM
They look too young for him.

cccasooner2
1/9/2011, 09:59 PM
"There is no better feeling than winning," shared Gresham, especially in the NFL.

The Bengals better do that next year or you'll be listening to a Righteous Brothers song (with winning substituted for loving).

ouduckhunter
1/10/2011, 01:40 AM
He is such a wonderful young man and role model!! I hope that he has a wonderful pro career!!

Sooner_Tuf
1/10/2011, 04:04 AM
He is such a wonderful young man and role model!! I hope that he has a wonderful pro career!!

Agreed, I miss him being on the team.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 09:42 AM
Niiice!