PDA

View Full Version : Texass Coaching Staff Hires

cobrapilot
1/9/2011, 04:43 PM
Hiring Harsin in mho will definitely make a great change in the WHORNS offensive game plan. Do they have the players to make it happen, I dont know.

Was at the UCon basketball game and Manny Diaz was sitting on the baseline with some big donors. People are treating him like he is a God or something. Im sure he is a bright up and comer but it like he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. One year as a DC does not a great coach make.

We all know Daryll Wyatt, he is a good recruiter but what else besides he moves a lot.

Id like you all to chime in on your thoughts on the staff changes. I do know the younger faces relate better to players. When Stoops first arrived we had a bunch of young guys full of **** and vinegar and the Texas staff was a bunch of old men. We are now the old men, and Mack has the young guys.

Breadburner
1/9/2011, 04:51 PM
Someone please make it stop.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big D Sooner
1/9/2011, 06:03 PM
So this means that Heupel, Venables, Patton, Martinez, Gundy, and Norvell are old? What, exactly, is your definition of old?

itsok
1/10/2011, 12:59 AM
lets see how mack makes everybody work together...thats the key...i think that if they have some bad games earlier, things might turn ugly again...lets wait and see...

Sooner_Tuf
1/10/2011, 04:07 AM
Mack's gotta be stressed after all that has happened down there. I think they will be better without the cancer named Muschamp. With so much new staff I would assume it will take them most of the season to get things lined out. 2012 will be the real test for the new crew.

ouwino
1/10/2011, 06:51 AM
texas will be good. can OU beat them???? definitely. will OU beat them???? probably. but dont count texas out just yet. never count texas out.

itsok
1/10/2011, 10:29 AM
Agree...texas always got talent, even when they sucked in the 80s and 90s, their recruiting classes were loaded with talent.

itsok
1/10/2011, 10:30 AM
Agree...texas always got talent, even when they sucked in the 80s and 90s, their recruiting classes were loaded with talent.

Jacie
1/10/2011, 11:12 AM
Id like you all to chime in on your thoughts on the staff changes. I do know the younger faces relate better to players. When Stoops first arrived we had a bunch of young guys full of **** and vinegar and the Texas staff was a bunch of old men. We are now the old men, and Mack has the young guys.

Those "old men" are the ones who have made inroads with highschool coaches and don't underestimate the effect those guys have on the kids they've been coaching for four years. Unless Harsin has been a fixture in Texas highschools all the while he has been in Idaho, he will be just as busy courting coaches as recruits.

cobrapilot
1/11/2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all of your thoughts... Brent, Josh, and all of our guys are 12 years older than when they got here. I would not trade our staff for any staff in the country... we just need to continue to infuse some youth