PDA

View Full Version : First Challenge of 2011: FSU

Rocko
1/9/2011, 12:45 AM
We all know what our team looks like, and what we hope for them next year, so here's a look at FSU's hopes for the 2011 season. http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2011/01/florida-state-football-looking-ahead-to-the-2011-season.html

Judging from the brief, but helpful analysis of the team, we should enter the game as a solid favorite. The most obvious reason be the return of starters at both the skills positions, as we will have a 3 year starter at QB and a 4 year starter at SL/WR accompanied by other highly talented players on offense (Stills, Finch, Millard, etc.) FSU on the other hand is losing Ponder and will be playing a QB with what seems to be without starting experience. The game being in the beginning of the season is a great thing for us, because EJ Manuel will be such a green player in this aspect.

On defense, look for them to be solid. What we experienced in Norman this past season was not the norm for them, to say the least. They averaged only 19.6 points allowed all season, due in large part to a solid secondary. It is sure to be a good match-up between our receivers and their secondary (and hopefully Broyles can get the best of Reid again). The positions shrouded in mystery for this game are our D-Line, and their O-Line. Their O-line looks to be pretty inexperienced next year, and hopefully our D steps up and takes advantage of this; look for this to be a big factor into the outcome of the game.

Anyways, just looking ahead.... for the next 9 months :( . Take a look and add some feedback, thanks!

Okie35
1/9/2011, 12:48 AM
First challenge is Tulsa. Who knows how we'll come out the beginning of the season.

Rocko
1/9/2011, 12:50 AM
First challenge is Tulsa. Who knows how we'll come out the beginning of the season.

At home? This alone quells my worries. And don't talk TCU 05, different team, different season. I'm not belittling Tulsa though, they accomplished a lot this season!

Okie35
1/9/2011, 01:40 AM
At home? This alone quells my worries. And don't talk TCU 05, different team, different season. I'm not belittling Tulsa though, they accomplished a lot this season!

They did. I'm not comparing them to anyone. I'm comparing how we came out the beginning of this season to how we'll come out next season. We came out flat.

Blue
1/9/2011, 01:59 AM
I think there will be alotta hype for this game. Us being Top 3 and a Top 15 FSU defending their turf. We need to jump on them early and shut the crowd up. Manuel has got some experience. he's not a total noob. Fisher and Stoops are great coaches and I think the game will be competitive. i think we get them 1 year before they are officially "back" though so my pred is...

OU 38 FSU 28

yankee
1/9/2011, 02:11 AM
I can't wait to hear the Greg Reid hype machine start up again.

Widescreen
1/9/2011, 03:27 AM
Greg Reid played one of the worst game I've ever seen a college football player play against us. It was embarrassing. He couldn't tackle anyone and he even muffed a punt.

Sooner74
1/9/2011, 06:06 AM
EJ has play time and will be a stud for them. His decision making is sometimes suspect and when it is we need to capitalize.

PLaw
1/9/2011, 10:44 AM
Yep, they have already put a bulls-eye on us and circled the date with OU.

We had better bring it.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
1/9/2011, 12:09 PM

what about our season opener this past season? Yes we won, but could have been very close to a loss.

31-24 to Utah State, in Norman

SoonerRoy
1/9/2011, 12:26 PM
Tulsa will be an interesting game. Their OC just accepted the same position at Clemson and their are strong rumors on ESPN that the Tulsa HC will/could take the HC job at Pitt is that school offers more money than they paid the previous HC.

SoonerMarkVA
1/9/2011, 12:46 PM
They did. I'm not comparing them to anyone. I'm comparing how we came out the beginning of this season to how we'll come out next season. We came out flat.

This is a Stoops staple. We always come out of the gate flat. I expect to win the TU game, but I don't expect it to be worry free.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2011, 03:20 PM
The game in in Talahassee and we have owned FSU including the beatdown in Norman. They DEFINITELY will have this game circled. Whorns always are a challange but I wouldn't be surprised if the FSU game isn't the toughest we have in the regular season next year.

We should have a much more veteran team on day 1 next year then we were this year. I'll be surprised if Tulsa stays within 4 tds.

CBUS_SOONER
1/9/2011, 03:24 PM
This game already worries me... They way we humiliated them a yr ago... They have a lot of talent back... They improved over the course of the season... We are on the road. Should be a very difficult game

silverwheels
1/9/2011, 03:25 PM
FSU will have a new QB and their defense still needs some work. Not saying we can't lose that game, but we should be comfortable favorites going in.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 03:39 PM
This game already worries me...

Yeah, but we were nice about it!

soonercastor
1/10/2011, 08:48 AM
It will definitely set the tone for the season. The other games are * and OSU. I tend not to worry about home games, and there is a reason for that.

OUEngr1990
1/10/2011, 09:25 AM
Did anyone see their bowl game? After Ponder was sidelined (w/ injury) the backup QB looked better. Dual threat qb, was able to move the ball. I just hope they don't start him, we'll be ok. Ponder is way overrated imo.