PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Suck!

IndySooner
1/8/2011, 11:15 PM
As a Colts fan, let me be the first to confirm that I hate the playoffs.

They're not a true indicator of who is the best team.

They're not at all exciting.

They certainly won't enhance anything that college football has.

That's all.

tcrb
1/8/2011, 11:24 PM
durnky post or just sour grapes?

:gary:

IndySooner
1/8/2011, 11:25 PM
durnky post or just sour grapes?

:gary:

Both? ;)

SoonerMom2
1/8/2011, 11:29 PM
I thought the two games were more interesting than usual as they both came down to the end of the game. Shocked the Jets won with the poor play of Sanchez who was horrible -- kept over throwing his receivers. Jets run game won the game IMHO.

Didn't care who won this one but did loved hearing at the end how well Brodney Poole had played on defense and making huge stops on running plays. Root for the Sooners to do well when I don't care who wins. Just want the Patriots to lose! Am tired of hearing about them.

Must admit I cracked up at the first game NFL playoff game as the announcers were so sure the Saints were coming back and getting their momentum back. Didn't care for the announcing crew during the first game at all.

tcrb
1/8/2011, 11:29 PM
Both? ;)

Then try to remember to take some aspirin and drink a bunch of water before you pass out....it'll soften the hangover a little bit.

The sour grapes will be with you for a while, I suppose ;)

IndySooner
1/8/2011, 11:40 PM
Then try to remember to take some aspirin and drink a bunch of water before you pass out....it'll soften the hangover a little bit.

The sour grapes will be with you for a while, I suppose ;)

Thanks, man!

Truthfully, I thought tonight was a perfect example of what college football is missing, but I don't want to start one of those threads again! :)

Can't believe the Colts ran it on 3rd & 7 inside the 20. Also can't believe that Sanchez was that bad AND won the game. Proof that it doesn't take a great quarterback to win NFL games.

oumartin
1/9/2011, 12:01 AM
you shouldn't have needed proof after the Ravens won it way back when.

yermom
1/9/2011, 12:12 AM
i sure wish teams with losing records had a chance to win it all in college football

oumartin
1/9/2011, 12:14 AM
i sure wish teams with losing records had a chance to win it all in college football

so does Texas

silverwheels
1/9/2011, 12:15 AM
so does Texas

Bazinga!

oudavid1
1/9/2011, 12:34 AM
Playoffs are great for the NFL, a sport of trends and week to week interest. Bowl games are for College, a sport of emotional investment and tradition.

IndySooner
1/9/2011, 12:36 AM
Playoffs are great for the NFL, a sport of trends and week to week interest. Bowl games are for College, a sport of emotional investment and tradition.

Nothing more traditional than Oklahoma vs. Connecticut in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl!

oumartin
1/9/2011, 12:36 AM

You're like 14, what do you know. ;)

Okie35
1/9/2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks, man!

Truthfully, I thought tonight was a perfect example of what college football is missing, but I don't want to start one of those threads again! :)

Can't believe the Colts ran it on 3rd & 7 inside the 20. Also can't believe that Sanchez was that bad AND won the game. Proof that it doesn't take a great quarterback to win NFL games.

I said this last year when the Jets made it to the AFC championship.What you really need during the playoffs is a strong run game, a decent defense, and special teams. Your qb can be almost non existent.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 01:12 AM
I said this last year when the Jets made it to the AFC championship.What you really need during the playoffs is a strong run game, a decent defense, and special teams. Your qb can be almost non existent.

If your QB plays poorly, you probably won't get far though.

Okie35
1/9/2011, 01:38 AM
If your QB plays poorly, you probably won't get far though.

True but some teams get by because of their run game and defense.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 01:47 AM
Here are the winning SB QBs. I don't see many poor, or even mediocre, QBs in that bunch.

Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - SB I
Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - SB II
Joe Namath, New York Jets - SBIII
Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs - SB IV
Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts - SB V
Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - SB VI
Bob Griese, Miami Dolphins - SB VII
Bob Griese, Miami Dolphins - SB VIII
Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB IX
Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB X
Ken Stabler, Oakland Raiders - SB XI
Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - SB XII
Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XIII
Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XIV
Jim Plunkett, Oakland Raiders - SB XV
Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XVI
Joe Theismann, Washington Redskins - SB XVII
Jim Plunkett, Los Angeles Raiders - SB XVIII
Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XIX
Jim McMahon, Chicago Bears - SB XX
Phil Simms, New York Giants - SB XXI
Doug Williams, Washington Redskins - SB XXII
Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIII
Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIV
Jeff Hostetler, New York Giants - SB XXV
Mark Rypien, Washington Redskins - SB XXVI
Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVII
Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVIII
Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIX
Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXX
Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers - SB XXXI
John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXII
John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXIII
Kurt Warner, St. Louis Rams - SB XXXIV
Trent Dilfer, Baltimore Ravens - SB XXXV
Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVI
Brad Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - SB XXXVII
Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVIII
Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXIX
Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XL
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts - SB XLI
Eli Manning, New York Giants - SB XLII
Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XLIII
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints - SB XLIV

sooner59
1/9/2011, 01:57 AM
There are only 4 or 5 of those that only possibly wouldn't be considered....one of the greats.

agoo758
1/9/2011, 01:58 AM
Nothing more traditional than Oklahoma vs. Connecticut in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl!

That's a completely different problem, nothing to do with a playoff system.

Blue
1/9/2011, 02:00 AM
Too many injuries for Indy. Maybe coaching issues?

Okie35
1/9/2011, 02:49 AM
Here are the winning SB QBs. I don't see many poor, or even mediocre, QBs in that bunch.

I didn't say winning Superbowls, it was more so getting to championship games. I can name recent teams that have gone to Con. ships and/or the Superbowl w/ mediocre qbs. Jets-Mark Sanchez, Bears-Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were mediocre(that were backed by great defenses).

sooner59
1/9/2011, 03:37 AM

Honestly...I doubt it at this point. Not an Indy fan, but Caldwell seems ok. But Indy had so many key injuries this year that it was amazing that they made the playoffs. Dallas Clark and Austin Collie both tore it up early (and on my Fantasy teams) but got injured. Several other injuries. Just wasn't their year.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 04:05 AM
I didn't say winning Superbowls, it was more so getting to championship games. I can name recent teams that have gone to Con. ships and/or the Superbowl w/ mediocre qbs. Jets-Mark Sanchez, Bears-Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were mediocre(that were backed by great defenses).

Consider Trent Dilfer. With Tony Banks QBing, the Ravens lost every game. Once they replaced him with Dilfer, they would only lose their first game under him and would go on to win the Super Bowl.

QBing makes a huge difference.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 04:06 AM
There are only 4 or 5 of those that only possibly wouldn't be considered....one of the greats.

Even those that are not considered great played very well that year.

soonerhubs
1/9/2011, 04:15 AM
Honestly...I doubt it at this point. Not an Indy fan, but Caldwell seems ok. But Indy had so many key injuries this year that it was amazing that they made the playoffs. Dallas Clark and Austin Collie both tore it up early (and on my Fantasy teams) but got injured. Several other injuries. Just wasn't their year.

I agree. There has to be a more balanced attack for Indy to do well and this season's team did not have that.

SoonerStormchaser
1/9/2011, 07:18 AM

I'll take Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning for 200, Alex!

PLaw
1/9/2011, 10:40 AM
well, when your team gets beat at home, it certainly looks like they were not the better team.

BOOMER

1890MilesToNorman
1/9/2011, 11:34 AM
Playoffs are about stepping up or going home, it says a lot about those who play in them.

Maybe we should treat football like little kids soccer and stop keeping score?

IndySooner
1/9/2011, 11:59 AM

Injuries and age, in my opinion. I didn't like Caldwell's timeout, but I don't think coaching is the issue.

I will be surprised if Manning doesn't retire after next year. Super Bowl's in Indy, so he'll make a run at it, but I think last year might be his swan song.

badger
1/9/2011, 12:32 PM
If I had any complaint about the current playoff setup, it would be that there are six teams on each side and the four top seeds automatically go to division winners.

That would be like college football - should it ever start a playoff - giving the MAC champion a home game ahead of an SEC or Big 12 at-large.

So, you have teams like Seattle that barely make the playoffs on a losing record get a home game ahead of a team with more wins in the opening round. Gah.

It's time to expand to 8 and seed them based on record, not based on division. No more first-round byes, just add the extra games and give homefield to the team with the best record.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2011, 12:46 PM
Nothing more traditional than Oklahoma vs. Connecticut in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl!Badda-Bing!

1/9/2011, 12:51 PM
If I had any complaint about the current playoff setup, it would be that there are six teams on each side and the four top seeds automatically go to division winners.

That would be like college football - should it ever start a playoff - giving the MAC champion a home game ahead of an SEC or Big 12 at-large.

So, you have teams like Seattle that barely make the playoffs on a losing record get a home game ahead of a team with more wins in the opening round. Gah.

It's time to expand to 8 and seed them based on record, not based on division. No more first-round byes, just add the extra games and give homefield to the team with the best record.Wonder why this hasn't been done, already...

stoopified
1/9/2011, 12:55 PM
It would be funny if the Seahawks won the Super Bowl and it was discovered that some of his players recieved illegal scholarships. :)

1/9/2011, 01:01 PM
It would be funny if the Seahawks won the Super Bowl and it was discovered that some of his players were paying HS recruits to go to usuc. :)FIFY

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2011, 01:05 PM
I thought Indy's performance this year showed just how good Manning is - as if we didn't already know. Put a journeyman QB on that team and it is a losing squad and would have been no match for the Jets.

texaspokieokie
1/9/2011, 01:28 PM
manning personally lost game against cowboys.

badger
1/9/2011, 06:13 PM
Another crazy thought: After the Packers win today, we, as the 6-seed and lowest remaining seed in the NFC, go to face the 1-seed Atlanta Falcons.

However, the 4-seed Seahawks, as the highest remaining seed, face the 2-seed Chicago Bears.

By virtue of having the best record and a divisional championship in the NFC. the Falcons have earned the right to start their playoffs against a team with a winning record instead of the one with a losing record.

Da bears, thanks to Eagles late-season meltdown, largely through luck, get to face the 7-9 Seahawks instead of the team that beat them in the last game of the regular season and should have beat them at home (if you chop the last four seconds off the game...grrrrrr)

:rolleyes: NFL justice...

Blue
1/9/2011, 06:32 PM
After the Packers win today,

Not so fast. :pop:

badger
1/9/2011, 07:51 PM
Not so fast. :pop:

Hey Corso, _____ called and they said _______.

FILL IN THE BLANK TIME!

a) Indiana, you're still fired.
b) ESPN, the Oregon fans that stole your personal mascot head returned it smelling like urine.
c) the pencil company, stop shaming our product by appearing publicly holding onto pencils.

:D in your face, everyone who picked the Eggos

TopDawg
1/9/2011, 08:10 PM

If I had to choose between a system that denied undefeated teams a chance to win it all

or

a system that allowed teams with losing records to get into the playoffs and have a chance to win it all

I'd take the latter. It might be shameful that they're even in the playoffs, but if the Saints, Bears, Packers or Falcons can't beat a team with a losing record when it matters most, then why should THOSE teams be allowed a chance to win it all? It may not be perfect, but I like the playoff system better.

Radar's Left Hand
1/9/2011, 10:21 PM
The NFL should just have writers and coaches vote on who plays in the Super Bowl each year.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 10:41 PM
New England versus Atlanta would be the likely choice. And that would be a helluva game. Probably better than the POS we're likely to end up with.

sooner59
1/9/2011, 11:08 PM
Watch it be Chicago vs. NY Jets. But yeah I'm with ya on the Pats vs. Falcons game. Please God don't make me have to watch Pete in the Super Bowl. The Ravens in the Super Bowl would be ok as well.

toast
1/9/2011, 11:23 PM
If I had to choose between a system that denied undefeated teams a chance to win it all

or

a system that allowed teams with losing records to get into the playoffs and have a chance to win it all

I'd take the latter. It might be shameful that they're even in the playoffs, but if the Saints, Bears, Packers or Falcons can't beat a team with a losing record when it matters most, then why should THOSE teams be allowed a chance to win it all? It may not be perfect, but I like the playoff system better.

^this

At least it would be determined on the field and not by voters or manipulation by bowl ceo's.

CrimsonRez
1/9/2011, 11:37 PM
BCS TO NFL!!!

TopDawg
1/9/2011, 11:43 PM
New England versus Atlanta would be the likely choice. And that would be a helluva game. Probably better than the POS we're likely to end up with.

The Super Bowl may or may not be a good game.

But the first round of the playoffs didn't disappoint. 3 great games!

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 11:51 PM
The Super Bowl may or may not be a good game.

But the first round of the playoffs didn't disappoint. 3 great games!

Pfffft. If the Super Bowl isn't between the two best teams, what does it settle?

TopDawg
1/10/2011, 12:08 AM
The same thing the BCS championship game settles.

I just prefer the one system over the other.

BlownGP
1/10/2011, 12:53 AM
my poor saints.. Too many injuries this year... sucks..

ole well. next year the SB will be in our house..

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 01:16 AM
my poor saints.. Too many injuries this year... sucks..

ole well. next year the SB will be in our house..

Oh yeah, blame it on injuries. :D

TUSooner
1/10/2011, 09:08 AM
As a Saints fan, I agree with the OP. We need to do like the BCS and let the "experts" decide. That way the Saints can't possibly lose to Seattle. :D :O

By the way, I saw the Seattle upset coming, so I was mad but not at all shocked when it happened. The Saints had an air of entitlement, while the Seahawks had an air of playing like a roaring fire. It was a well-earned win for Seattle and well-deserved loss for the Saints.

1/10/2011, 11:39 AM
By the way, I saw the Seattle upset coming, so I was mad but not at all shocked when it happened. The Saints had an air of entitlement, while the Seahawks had an air of playing like a roaring fire. It was a well-earned win for Seattle and well-deserved loss for the Saints.You're right, but I still don't think a team with a losing record should get the home field advantage in the playoffs. Home field was VERY big in that Seattle-saints game.

1/10/2011, 11:42 AM
New England versus Atlanta would be the likely choice. And that would be a helluva game. Probably better than the POS we're likely to end up with.The upsets on wild-card weekend should serve notice to all the remaining teams as to what can happen if you aren't focused on playing your best, and taking EVERY team seriously.

badger
1/10/2011, 11:53 AM
Are these really upsets, or is it really calling into question how we rank our teams and how we grant homefield advantage.

Would Seattle have won if the game was in Nawlins? Probably not. Should teams that have 7-9 records be ranked higher than a team with double-digit wins for the season? No.

Now I'm not saying that the Packers deserved a home game ahead of Philly, but I am saying that they are not the third-best team in the NFC, and Seattle is not the fourth-best. Go ahead and give division leaders an auto playoff berth, sure. But don't try to pretend that the division winners are automatically the four best teams in each conference, or we're going to see *wink wink* "upsets" in the playoffs every year.

Caboose
1/10/2011, 11:59 AM

or

I would take the former. In the former the worst case scenario is that you are not completely sure that you got it right. In the latter, you are 100% sure that you got it wrong.

The bolded sentence really captured the essence of why a playoff system devalues the regular season.

bent rider
1/10/2011, 12:07 PM
Hey, "Every game counts". Er, uh, unless you're Florida and lose at home to Ole Miss.

TopDawg
1/10/2011, 12:13 PM
I would take the former. In the former the worst case scenario is that you are not completely sure that you got it right. In the latter, you are 100% sure that you got it wrong.

I'm not interested in how sure or not I am that the best teams got into the championship game. I'm more interested in making sure that undefeated teams get into the championship game.

Any system that allows undefeated teams to be completely absent from the championship game is ridiculous to me. Talk about devaluing the regular season.

Look, any kind of post-season "winner-take-all" game or tournament devalues the regular season to some extent. If you want to get rid of all types of tournaments or games that devalue the regular season, then say so.

Personally, I like the balance that exists in the NFL. You need to have a good regular season AND a great post-season to win it all. The downside is that someone can get into the postseason with an average regular season. But they still have to have a great postseason to win it all. I prefer that over a system that keeps people who have a perfect regular season and perfect postseason out of the championship game. To me, that is 100% wrong and devalues the regular season more than the NFL playoffs do.

Caboose
1/10/2011, 01:50 PM
I'm not interested in how sure or not I am that the best teams got into the championship game. I'm more interested in making sure that undefeated teams get into the championship game.

I am not sure at all what you think the purpose of naming a champion is.

Any system that allows undefeated teams to be completely absent from the championship game is ridiculous to me. Talk about devaluing the regular season.

Depends on the circumstances.

Look, any kind of post-season "winner-take-all" game or tournament devalues the regular season to some extent. If you want to get rid of all types of tournaments or games that devalue the regular season, then say so.

I have already so. College football IS the regular season. The championship should be determined by the results on the field during the regular season. The only time a post-season is needed is if the championship can not be determined by the results of the regular season. The more unnecessary games you add to the post season the less important the regular results become.

Personally, I like the balance that exists in the NFL. You need to have a good regular season AND a great post-season to win it all. The downside is that someone can get into the postseason with an average regular season. But they still have to have a great postseason to win it all. I prefer that over a system that keeps people who have a perfect regular season and perfect postseason out of the championship game. To me, that is 100% wrong and devalues the regular season more than the NFL playoffs do.

Then stick to the NFL and stop trying to ruin college football. Have fun pretending that the Seahawks deserve to be the champions just as much as any other team does. I prefer sports that don't require me to deny reality to enjoy.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 01:56 PM

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that . . . conference champs should always have the home game unless playing a higher ranked conference champ. :D

badger
1/10/2011, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that . . . conference champs should always have the home game unless playing a higher ranked conference champ. :D

I had no idea that you wanted to play Sooner games in tiny stadiums. Perhaps Joe C. can schedule a home-and-home with North Texas?

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 03:27 PM
If the Hawks win this weekend, and the Packers beat the Falcons.....

NFC Championship Game at Qwest Field!!!!!!

Suck it biyatches........

badger
1/10/2011, 03:41 PM
Packers will beat the Falcons (I hope with all my hope) but da bears are gonna clobber the Seahawks.

I base this on the fact that the Hawks have nine losses. It's a good fact to base stuff on.

NINE losses. NINE! The number that is one short of 10. You are going to finish this year as a 10-loss team (because we know you're not going Super Bowlin'). TEN! That's double digits, Seahawkie. TEN! Usually when teams have TEN losses, they get a higher draft pick :D

So, anyway, if you should win, please wait in line behind your other birdie breatheren. We can only beat one of you at a time.

Green Bay: Wow... sure looks busted pillow in here with all of these dead bird feathers this postseason.

:D

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 03:48 PM

or

I agree with TopDawg. :eek:

Okie35
1/10/2011, 03:50 PM
Packers will beat the Falcons (I hope with all my hope) but da bears are gonna clobber the Seahawks.

I base this on the fact that the Hawks have nine losses. It's a good fact to base stuff on.

NINE losses. NINE! The number that is one short of 10. You are going to finish this year as a 10-loss team (because we know you're not going Super Bowlin'). TEN! That's double digits, Seahawkie. TEN! Usually when teams have TEN losses, they get a higher draft pick :D

So, anyway, if you should win, please wait in line behind your other birdie breatheren. We can only beat one of you at a time.

Green Bay: Wow... sure looks busted pillow in here with all of these dead bird feathers this postseason.

:D

lol I hope w/ all my hope. I hope the Pack win too but at the same time its hard to win in that Dome. Its like they have .... Falcons magic :gary:.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 03:52 PM
Would Seattle have won if the game was in Nawlins? Probably not. Should teams that have 7-9 records be ranked higher than a team with double-digit wins for the season? No.

If the 7-9 team wins their division . . . yes. Division winners get home field advantage against a Wild Card team. If the NFL wants to add an (*) to this and say that the Wild Card will host the game if the Division winner has a losing record then it'll make a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL made this new change . . . if they'll dork with the OT rules what's to stop them from dorking with the playoff rules. :D

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 03:53 PM
I had no idea that you wanted to play Sooner games in tiny stadiums. Perhaps Joe C. can schedule a home-and-home with North Texas?

Win the conference and don't worry about it . . .

Okie35
1/10/2011, 03:58 PM
Consider Trent Dilfer. With Tony Banks QBing, the Ravens lost every game. Once they replaced him with Dilfer, they would only lose their first game under him and would go on to win the Super Bowl.

QBing makes a huge difference.

Dilfer was still not great by any means. He was just efficient. There are plenty of those in the league right now.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 04:00 PM
Dilfer was still not great by any means. He was just efficient. There are plenty of those in the league right now.

Without him, the Ravens go nowhere. QB play is key.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 04:55 PM
If the 7-9 team wins their division . . . yes. Division winners get home field advantage against a Wild Card team. If the NFL wants to add an (*) to this and say that the Wild Card will host the game if the Division winner has a losing record then it'll make a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL made this new change . . . if they'll dork with the OT rules what's to stop them from dorking with the playoff rules. :D

Win your division and you get a home playoff game Saints. If a certain kicker (who will remain nameless) from a certain University we all hold near and dear makes a 25 yard kick against the Falcons, they have home field and a week off.

I am so tired of the whining. Sometimes the rules work in your favor, and sometimes they dont. Did you see me complaining when we got the Big XII South nod in our 3 way tie with Texas and Texas Tech? No, I simply took the delicious victory and kept on keepin on.

And if the game was in Nawlins, the Hawks lose, but dont get blown out. The Saints had no running back and their D was soft as Hugh Hefners cack.

agoo758
1/10/2011, 05:25 PM

Certainly a good game manager, but certainly other QB's I'd rather have in his place.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 05:35 PM
Certainly a good game manager, but certainly other QB's I'd rather have in his place.

Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, or Jim McMahon?

Choose quick.....

Okie35
1/10/2011, 06:11 PM

Not really. Look at who the MVP was... Ray Lewis lol. Dilfer threw only 48% and they only converted 3 out of 16 third downs that Superbowl. Dilfer threw 12tds and 11ints in the season and only threw a WHOPPING 1,500 yards lol. Sounds a lot like mediocre Mark Sanchez to me. Jamal Lewis was more of a factor than Dilfer was. Run game and defense were why they made it there, not Dilfer at all.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 06:14 PM
But Brandon Stokley was on that team and now he is on the Hawks........SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!

Okie35
1/10/2011, 06:15 PM
But Brandon Stokley was on that team and now he is on the Hawks........SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!

Hahaha... that would be funny if Seattle made it to the Superbowl. I'd actually want them to win.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 06:17 PM
ComPete Carroll has em believing.

I dont expect them to make it past this weekend, but sure enjoyed this weekends game.

AlboSooner
1/10/2011, 06:24 PM
i dont believe for one second that seattle is better than the saints.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 06:25 PM

That is why they call them "Upsets"

Okie35
1/10/2011, 06:51 PM

I can't believe ppl picked the Saints knowing how many injuries they had. Plus the fact they have a non existent run game.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 07:05 PM
Not really. Look at who the MVP was... Ray Lewis lol. Dilfer threw only 48% and they only converted 3 out of 16 third downs that Superbowl. Dilfer threw 12tds and 11ints in the season and only threw a WHOPPING 1,500 yards lol. Sounds a lot like mediocre Mark Sanchez to me. Jamal Lewis was more of a factor than Dilfer was. Run game and defense were why they made it there, not Dilfer at all.

They went from winless through the first part of the season to undefeated and Super Bowl champs. And the season turned around at exactly the point where Banks was replaced by Dilfer.

He may not have been the greatest QB ever, but he was certainly the key difference-maker in turning around the Raven's season.

Okie35
1/10/2011, 07:10 PM
They went from winless through the first part of the season to undefeated and Super Bowl champs. And the season turned around at exactly the point where Banks was replaced by Dilfer.

He may not have been the greatest QB ever, but he was certainly the key difference-maker in turning around the Raven's season.

It was their run game but to kind of agree w/ you, Dilfer didn't play bad enough for them to lose. He was still pretty bad.

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 07:25 PM
I can't believe ppl picked the Saints knowing how many injuries they had. Plus the fact they have a non existent run game.

The Jenkins injury is what did them in ....Roman Harper sucked.

Look at all the TD's through the air that the Hawks scored.......you will see #41 in every play getting ABUSED!!!!