PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush: Alaska - Discovery Channel

StoopTroup
1/8/2011, 08:56 PM
Any of you watch this yet?

How many of you would hit the Old Guy over the head with a shovel the next time he screamed..."NO GUTS NO GLORY!"

It's amazing half of them haven't killed each other yet.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/gold-rush-alaska/bios/images/jack-hoffman-bio-400.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2011, 09:02 PM
I have watched this and it is stupid.
I have no experience of prospecting in Alaska but I have done it here in AZ. These guys are idiots.

StoopTroup
1/8/2011, 09:04 PM
I have watched this and it is stupid.
I have no experience of prospecting in Alaska bet I have done it here in AZ. These guys are idiots.

That's a fact. The dude with the 49ers helmet on sleeping in a tent.....LMAO! That was a good idea. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 09:14 PM
Has anyone ever told him, "Glory is overrated"?

StoopTroup
1/8/2011, 09:19 PM
This is my thread....quit abscessing.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5u0Ksx4xxRM/S-InteQne4I/AAAAAAAAADs/yiP2YZ6ojWg/s320/SNM_Sauce2.JPG

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2011, 09:22 PM
All stupidity should be regulated to the Oprah network.

Breadburner
1/8/2011, 11:49 PM
I would knock his son out before him.....The bearded red-head is in way over his ****ing head.....

Petro-Sooner
1/9/2011, 11:29 AM
I've watched it. What I cant figure out is these people claim they are broke. Not a pot to **** in. But how did they come up with all that money to move to Alaska with all that equipment? I'm sure thats not cheap.

OUHOMER
1/9/2011, 01:09 PM
I think the guy running the show, might end up meeting an accident. Say a shovel upside the head.

I Am Right
1/9/2011, 01:13 PM
Lost interest when they were moving to alaska

StoopTroup
1/9/2011, 01:47 PM
I've watched it. What I cant figure out is these people claim they are broke. Not a pot to **** in. But how did they come up with all that money to move to Alaska with all that equipment? I'm sure thats not cheap.

I've watched all the shows so far....and one of them explained that some of them put in everything they had and the guy and his Father running things were the main contributors. Some of the other guys were guys they needed to pull it off. One is a pretty good mechanic/welder/smart guy with a back problem. He's the guy I like the most as one of his lines in the show was..."I could stay here in my RV all day because my back is killing me and I'm getting over being sick....but these guys need me and I can't let them down". He seems like a pretty good guy. Another is a guy that's supposed to talk to them about Safety and making sure that even though they might be tired at days end....they follow good thinking and safety procedures. There has been one guy argue with him already and I would have sent him off the job site and replaced him with someone else or gone on without him. At best...he'd be in charge of meals and baby sitting the kids in camp until he pulled his head out of his butt.

The Father and Son own an Airport that isn't doing to well in this economy and I think they have it up for sale and is borrowing against it but trying to not borrow until they have nothing left.

They really need to pull some gold out of the ground soon and with one of the kids getting sick and going into a coma....they are trying to figure out why that happened and make a decision to fix the drinking water problem or whatever caused the girl to get sick. Maybe it was a bug bite...who knows.

Bears in the area out number humans 3 or 4 to 1 so if I'm trying to build a mining operation...I'm not sure I'd have moved my Family into the Camp as soon as they have. Their timetable for success is in the crapper and once that happened they should have left their Families at Home or with Family. If they were able to mine gold during the 5 months of Alaskan Thaw then they could have brought their kids in next Season when they were a lot more organized.

Like Flag said....these guys are idiots and it's getting hard to watch because everyone wants to see a guy make his dreams come true and being known for striking Gold would be a really cool experience with Discovery Channel tagginf along to document it.

Their neighbor on a claim next to them has been mining that area for over 20 years and has a decent operation and there's no telling how much he's worth...but the guy looks like he's dug out almost an area the size of Lake Thunderbird.....lol

I think these guys are screwed and to think you could do what your neighbor did over 20 years and do it in 5 months from scratch is pretty wishful thinking. If they pull this off...it because of pure luck.

OUinFLA
1/10/2011, 12:02 PM
I wanna go, I have a small trackhoe.

SpankyNek
1/10/2011, 01:01 PM
As for their money situation...you would think Discovery is giving them something..right?

StoopTroup
1/21/2011, 10:04 PM
No guts....no glory bitches!

OklaPony
1/22/2011, 10:51 AM
I've watched every episode, very compelling stuff. I'm hoping they'll hit enough to get 'em through the Winter and come back for another go during the next thaw. Gotta hand it to 'em though, takes major brass to bet it all on such a venture.

OUHOMER
1/22/2011, 11:36 AM
Jimmy guy has to go, he has nothing to contribute but a bad attitude. I take back what i said about the guy in charge. I see what he has to work with now.