PDA

View Full Version : Brother of Ed Reed Missing

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 08:48 PM
The 29-year-old brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed is missing after jumping into the Mississippi River in Louisiana.

Officers from the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office had been pursuing Brian Reed in St. Rose, La., on Friday, WWLTV.com in New Orleans reported. The man was seen jumping into the river at about 10 a.m.

Deputies say they saw Brian Reed jump into the river, go underwater and disappear, the website reported.

"The suspect jumped into the river, went about 15 feet according to the deputy," Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange, a spokesman for the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, told WWLTV.com. "At some particular point they said he did witness hands and head come up and go under the water and never resurface again."

Authorities called off the search Saturday.

Ed Reed is traveling with the Ravens to Kansas City for their wild-card playoff game, and told ESPN's Rachel Nichols he plans to be on the field Sunday against the Chiefs.

Reed told Nichols: "My brother loved football. He would want me to play."

Why do people always say that? How would he know? If I'm Brian Reed, I'm up in Heaven thinking "WTF? I drown and you're playing in a goddamn football game?!?! You get your *** over to my funeral pronto! Show some respect for the first time in your life."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6001561

Breadburner
1/8/2011, 08:49 PM
What in the **** are you talking about....

agoo758
1/8/2011, 08:50 PM
Why do people always say that? How would he know? If I'm Brian Reed, I'm up in Heaven thinking "WTF? I drown and you're playing in a goddamn football game?!?! You get your *** over to my funeral pronto! Show some respect for the first time in your life."

Ed Reed shouldn't have to take time out of his work because his brother made an irresponsible choices, in fact, that is what YOU would normally say in an argument like this leroid.

If my brother were to steal a car, run someone off the road, and dissapear trying to escape, I would honestly wait to mourn my brothers death when I have the time.

Blue
1/8/2011, 08:51 PM
Not if you were close to your brother, I hope.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 08:54 PM
Ed Reed shouldn't have to take time out of his work because his brother made an irresponsible choices, in fact, that is what YOU would normally say in an argument like this leroid.

If my brother were to steal a car, run someone off the road, and dissapear trying to escape, I would honestly wait to mourn my brothers death when I have the time.

I understand that. But to say "He would have wanted it this way" is a bit disingenuous. How about: "I'm playing because I love football more than my criminal-*** brother."

Works for me. :D

agoo758
1/8/2011, 08:54 PM
Not if you were close to your brother, I hope.

If I had a brother who hurt and terrorized other people in order to benefit himself, he would be dead to me. Is that harsh? Yes it is, but no one who lives a life like that is entitled to anyone's respect.

agoo758
1/8/2011, 08:55 PM
I understand that. But to say "He would have wanted it this way" is a bit disingenuous. How about: "I'm playing because I love football more than my criminal-*** brother."

Works for me. :D

I would certainly love for him to say that.

agoo758
1/8/2011, 09:00 PM

StoopTroup
1/8/2011, 09:02 PM

I'm pretty sure I know what my reaction would be if you jumped in the Mississippi.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I know what my reaction would be if you jumped in the Mississippi.

http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2010/8/gif-yes.gif

????

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 09:10 PM

Let me guess, You would break out yer Mourning Tee wouldnt ya http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/product/16911133/view/1/type/png/width/378/height/378/i-m-soooo-so-happy.png

cleller
1/8/2011, 10:38 PM
If I ever jump in the Mississippi River while running from the law, I hope my family members go on about their non-criminal activities.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2011, 10:51 PM
Let's just wait until we hear from oudavid's source before commenting....

Mjcpr
1/8/2011, 10:55 PM
He is going to feel so silly for jumping in that cold *** river when this is all over.

TopDawg
1/8/2011, 11:23 PM
How would he know?

Because he's his brother?

oumartin
1/9/2011, 12:04 AM
white men can't jump, black men can't swim

jdd12
1/9/2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe he actually escaped and Ed knows he is still alive..he's probably hanging out with Tupac or Elvis.

Soonermagik
1/9/2011, 09:32 AM
He's probably hiding in Ed's basement watching re-runs. Maybe that's why he's not worried.

sooner518
1/9/2011, 10:03 AM

is he skipping the funeral by playing today?

Im not gonna sit here and tell a guy how he should or shouldnt mourn his brother's death. neither should you.

XingTheRubicon
1/9/2011, 10:34 AM
the main point is that one more criminal is unable to breed or breathe

olevetonahill
1/9/2011, 11:35 AM
Well, Now wouldn't that be a tad premature? Ya know having a funeral TWO ****ing days after he jumps in da river? and Before a Body is even found?

Some of Yall just dont make a lick of sense :eek:

SoonerinSouthlake
1/9/2011, 08:32 PM
If I'm Brian Reed, I'm up in Heaven thinking "WTF? I drown and you're playing in a goddamn football game?!?! You get your *** over to my funeral pronto! Show some respect for the first time in your life."

you might consider watching your language if you show up in heaven

SoonerinSouthlake
1/9/2011, 08:34 PM
Well, Now wouldn't that be a tad premature? Ya know having a funeral TWO ****ing days after he jumps in da river? and Before a Body is even found?

Some of Yall just dont make a lick of sense :eek:

yeah.....didnt you guys see Harrison Ford jump in to that river in the fugitive.

he's probably looking for a one armed man right now. Ed doesnt want to distract him.

Soonermagik
1/9/2011, 09:50 PM
Did anyone check Lincoln Park?

Maybe he's climbing in yo window, snatchin yo peoples up hide ya kids, hide ya wife. Hez don't have to come and confess, wez lookingz fer himz wez gonna find him, so you can run and tell that homeboy home... home.. homeboy.

Breadburner
1/9/2011, 10:33 PM
http://www.wowheylook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/HideYoWife.jpeg

yankee
1/10/2011, 12:36 AM

I chortled.

yankee
1/10/2011, 12:37 AM
This should be a sad thread, but there were several posts in combination that had me laughing. Well done.

Sooner_Tuf
1/10/2011, 12:45 AM
He's not going to miss his brothers funeral (if he's even dead). I'm sure hd will be the one paying for it. They probably can't even start planning til he signs off on it.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 01:17 AM
He's not going to miss his brothers funeral (if he's even dead).

It would be tough to attend a funeral if you're dead.

But then again, I guess it's kinda easy.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 02:27 AM

Aw the Wisdom of the Limptard :pop:

Sooner_Tuf
1/10/2011, 04:02 AM

But then again, I guess it's kinda easy.

A funeral would be hard to avoid if you are dead :/ Reading and comprehending is hard!

If the guy died on Saturday it's not likely they would have a funeral on Sunday. If they had a body, which it sounds like they didn't. It is going to be a while.

But hey as long as you can make yourself feel better through someone else's misfortune it's all good. It's just one of those things that makes you special.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 04:19 AM
A funeral would be hard to avoid if you are dead :/ Reading and comprehending is hard!

Writing is even harder. :D

Soonermagik
1/10/2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.wowheylook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/HideYoWife.jpeg

Lol that made my morning.

SC Sooner
1/10/2011, 09:22 AM
Hey, cut the guy some slack, you can always go to the graveyard, but you can't always play in a playoff game. At least he has his priorities right, give him that much, will you (scarcasm intended)?

85sooners
1/10/2011, 11:11 AM
Ed reed is a man!

Fraggle145
1/10/2011, 11:30 AM
I mean if he is dead, does it really matter if Ed is at the funeral or not? Chances are if his brother is in heaven (if there is a heaven) he has better things to do than get upset about... well anything.

Breadburner
1/10/2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe his brother was an *** hole.....

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 02:30 PM
I mean if he is dead, does it really matter if Ed is at the funeral or not?

Yes it does.

Now, moving on...

2121Sooner
1/10/2011, 05:39 PM
"You know, I know my brother is a big time NFL star and I could prolly get some dough from him........but he loved cars and would really want me to steal this one"

Fraggle145
1/10/2011, 09:32 PM
Yes it does.

Now, moving on...

To who?

And why?

Nanny nanny boo boo. You can now continue to show your *** on the internet.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 10:31 PM
To who?

It doesn't have to matter to someone. It just matters.

And why?

That's like saying, "Why is an elephant large?" It just is.

Why are deaths sad? Why do we laugh at jokes? Why do teens feel angst?

You go to funerals because you just do. That's the way it is. I know that in your "humans are robots" world such things make no sense, but they don't need to.

The human element.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/10/2011, 11:26 PM
It doesn't have to matter to someone. It just matters.

That's like saying, "Why is an elephant large?" It just is.

You go to funerals because you just do. That's the way it is. I know that in your "humans are robots" world such things make no sense, but they don't need to.

The human element.

The same reason people just jump into the Mississippi River. It is just what people do.

Maybe they caught Ed Reed's brother selling V?

Scott D
1/11/2011, 02:48 PM
And Reed is now in Louisiana with his family dealing with the situation and the Ravens are giving him as much time as he needs including the possibility of Reed not being back in time for their playoff game against Pittsburgh.

KantoSooner
1/11/2011, 03:12 PM
The same reason people just jump into the Mississippi River. It is just what people do.

That, Sir, was magnificent!

Indeed, when in the Crescent City, I prefer to buy my cafe du monde au lait and trudge to the top of the levee to enjoy the moist morning air, redolent of that finest of rivers and of the French Quarter.
And, of course to watch the passers by randomly hurling themselves into the Mighty Mississippi.
I like to carry a flask with me as I go so that I can toast those adventurous souls and wish them well.
Being an Okie, I generally offer them instructive words concerning the prime noodlin' opportunities presented by their amphibious lifestyle choice.
That is unless they are fleeing felons. Then I tend to crouch low to avoid the bullets of the constabulary.
It's just what one does, I suppose. No better reason for it.

Leroy Lizard
1/11/2011, 04:35 PM

Indeed, when in the Crescent City, I prefer to buy my cafe du monde au lait and trudge to the top of the levee to enjoy the moist morning air, redolent of that finest of rivers and of the French Quarter.
And, of course to watch the passers by randomly hurling themselves into the Mighty Mississippi.
I like to carry a flask with me as I go so that I can toast those adventurous souls and wish them well.
Being an Okie, I generally offer them instructive words concerning the prime noodlin' opportunities presented by their amphibious lifestyle choice.

Who's noodling whom?

Mad Dog Madsen
1/11/2011, 04:38 PM

Teenage angst has paid off well... ;)

Leroy Lizard
1/11/2011, 05:03 PM
Teenage angst has paid off well... ;)

Sure, if you play for The Cure.

bent rider
1/11/2011, 05:13 PM
And Reed is now in Louisiana with his family dealing with the situation and the Ravens are giving him as much time as he needs including the possibility of Reed not being back in time for their playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Yes, because its not so much between him and his brother as much as working with his (living) family members on this.

bent rider
1/11/2011, 05:15 PM

That is unless they are fleeing felons. Then I tend to crouch low to avoid the bullets of the constabulary.
It's just what one does, I suppose. No better reason for it.

A flask will probably float, at least throw the chasee a flotation device.

Scott D
1/11/2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, because its not so much between him and his brother as much as working with his (living) family members on this.

I agree, that post was more in response to LL having issue with Reed being at his job the day after his brother disappeared.

KantoSooner
1/11/2011, 05:37 PM
A flask will probably float, at least throw the chasee a flotation device.

Fresh beignets! I never go promanading about the levee system of our finest sub-tropical city without several bags of fresh beignets under my arm.

You never can tell when you might need light airy flotation...or a way to happily distract officers of the law. But passing over a still-warm bag of breakfast pastries, along with my appearance as a son of the South (habitual white, vested suit, cane and cheerful demeanor), have quelled more unpleasant lines of inquiry than you might suppose.