PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think the border war is about to take it up another notch...

Pages : [1] 2

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 02:22 PM
A Dem Congresswoman from Tucson was just shot and killed along with others at a Safeway in Tucson...buy some guy in his late teens/early 20's.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona

This is either drug or immigration related...cause how many people in their late teens or early 20's are smart enough to carry out killings purely for political reasons?

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 02:24 PM
Politics aside, this is a terrible thing for all those families and they are in my prayers.

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 02:25 PM
Her husband is a Navy Capt astronaut...scheduled to command the final shuttle mission this year...I think that's now off the table for him.

RIP

yermom
1/8/2011, 02:33 PM
she was one of Palin's "reload" targets

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/255/palinsights.png

should be interesting to hear what this guy says...

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 02:34 PM
I doubt it's a Sarah Palin thing here because at least 4 others were killed and about 10 others injured. If this was someone following a target list they would go after the target more than likely.

yermom
1/8/2011, 02:36 PM
sure, because tea partiers are rational ;)

i don't see how it could be anything but political

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2011, 02:36 PM
People are making a lot of assumptions about why this guy shot her. Let's wait and see how it plays out before we assume it was some right-wing nut.

mgsooner
1/8/2011, 02:38 PM
It's extraordinarily ridiculous to assume anything at this point.

thecynic
1/8/2011, 02:38 PM
wow I guess she was shot point blank in the head. this is awful on all kinds of levels

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 02:40 PM
sure, because tea partiers are rational ;)

i don't see how it could be anything but political

Just like how everyone thought Tim McVeigh was a political thing. It was just a crazy guy killing people. This could be the same thing.

And when have Tea Party types done anything even close to violent since they existed the last year and a half or so. All the Tea Party thing did was fire people out of office last November.

I think it's ridiculous to assume anything

thecynic
1/8/2011, 02:41 PM
NPR said a gunman ran up to Giffords, 40, a Democrat, and opened fire. The suspect was taken into custody, NPR said.

waynepayne
It's extraordinarily ridiculous to assume anything at this point.

+1

yermom
Just like how everyone thought Tim McVeigh was a political thing. It was just a crazy guy killing people. This could be the same thing.

And when have Tea Party types done anything even close to violent since they existed the last year and a half or so. All the Tea Party thing did was fire people out of office last November.

I think it's ridiculous to assume anything

McVeigh WAS politically motivated

thecynic
1/8/2011, 02:42 PM
much like you can't assume it has anything to do with the border war, you cant assume it has anything to do with t partiers. BUT it looks awful that she was a target of Palin, was at a publicized event and looks to be a target

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 02:44 PM
much like you can't assume it has anything to do with the border war, you cant assume it has anything to do with t partiers. BUT it looks awful that she was a target of Palin, was at a publicized event and looks to be a target

She was a target of Palin to be voted out of office. Which is the way you get rid of politicians you don't agree with. Not killing them and killing at least 4 others.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 02:44 PM

really???? reallllllllly?

wow...

thecynic
1/8/2011, 02:46 PM
She was a target of Palin to be voted out of office. Which is the way you get rid of politicians you don't agree with. Not killing them and killing at least 4 others.

no doubt not suggesting palin wanted her killed

yermom
1/8/2011, 02:46 PM
yeah, maybe he was obsessed with someone on her campaign and decided to go Taxi Driver on her. but it certainly looks like he wanted her, and probably anyone else was just collateral damage.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 02:47 PM
Foxnews is saying she is alive in critical condition. Take that for what it's worth. So is MSNBC

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 02:48 PM
Yah...NPR, CNN and everyone else is saying she's dead...I think they're a bit behind.

thecynic
1/8/2011, 02:48 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/soonercynic/167285_496896316729_659786729_6007769_5319591_n.jp g

here's an ad from her opponent.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 02:49 PM
No they were reporting she was dead

MSNBC is now saying that she will pull through after a surgery

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 02:50 PM
Dayum , we got some really Stupid Smart folks Postin in this thread.
How can anyone even think they know the motivation behind this?

Hell Let me play
I think It was a a Libertarian, Illegal Anchor baby thats grown up , er some shat .
Get real
Pray for the Victems and their families, and lets wait and see what comes out.
If this was some kinda political carp, then I asssure it was and or is just some ****in nut. maybe a member of a white supremacist group .

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 02:50 PM
Yah...NPR, CNN and everyone else is saying she's dead...I think they're a bit behind.

CNN is saying she's still alive too.

thecynic
1/8/2011, 02:51 PM
CNN is saying she's still alive too.

that's good news

1890MilesToNorman
1/8/2011, 02:54 PM
The shooter was late teens, early 20's. Sounds like a dagum conspiracy to me since this dip**** ain't even old enough to form an opinion on **** yet.

Or maybe he was being medicated because that's the American way to deal with our youngins?

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 02:54 PM
And again we got some really Stupid Smart folks here
Why the hell Yall arguin over whether shes dead or .
Its Obviously way to soon to know what the hell is going on :rolleyes:

IndySooner
1/8/2011, 02:55 PM

CNN has backtracked on it. Some are saying she's dead. Some are saying they aren't sure.

IndySooner
1/8/2011, 02:57 PM
CNN has the hospital on saying she's in surgery. That's good news.

olevetonahill
The shooter was late teens, early 20's. Sounds like a dagum conspiracy to me since this dip**** ain't even old enough to form an opinion on **** yet.

Or maybe he was being medicated because that's the American way to deal with our youngins?

Naw Bro. Hes the Perfect age for being a member of a White Supremacist group
If I had to guess that would be My WAG

1890MilesToNorman
we got some really Stupid Smart folks here

Shut up you ole bastage!!! :D

SoonerStormchaser
Yah...basically...no one knows what the hell is going on.

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 03:00 PM
Naw Bro. Hes the Perfect age for being a member of a White Supremacist group
If I had to guess that would be My WAG

No way...I really do think it's border related. She has been BIG TIME pro-border control/CBP. The Mexican cartels have been putting bounties on a lot of political figures in AZ...including Sheriff Joe. Most 18-24 year olds not named SicEm don't know jack **** about politics...

yermom
1/8/2011, 03:00 PM

Hell Let me play
I think It was a a Libertarian, Illegal Anchor baby thats grown up , er some shat .
Get real
If this was some kinda political carp, then I asssure it was and or is just some ****in nut. maybe a member of a white supremacist group .

like i said, tea partiers ;)

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 03:01 PM
Shut up you ole bastage!!! :D

Heh, I dint see This thread cause the Title dint mention the shootin, so I started one , and Da Frag Mag 1 stared it :D

Boarder
1/8/2011, 03:04 PM
Regardless of why she was shot or if it is even related, it shows some pretty bad taste to make an ad like palin's with gun scope targets. I'm not insinuating that palin or any group remotely related to her had anything to do it it. Just pretty bad taste overall.

SoonerStormchaser
Bull**** I 1-stared it...whatever ****er did it to yours did it to mine too

olevetonahill
No way...I really do think it's border related. She has been BIG TIME pro-border control/CBP. The Mexican cartels have been putting bounties on a lot of political figures in AZ...including Sheriff Joe. Most 18-24 year olds not named SicEm don't know jack **** about politics...

like i said, tea partiers ;)

Guess we will see, I dont know enough about her to know if she would be a target of the Sister Marys school for the blind .
So For Know . Im a offer up a Prayer for her Health and the rest of the Folks hurt and killed and their Family's

yermom
1/8/2011, 03:06 PM
Regardless of why she was shot or if it is even related, it shows some pretty bad taste to make an ad like palin's with gun scope targets. I'm not insinuating that palin or any group remotely related to her had anything to do it it. Just pretty bad taste overall.

bad taste is about the best way to describe her.

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 03:06 PM
Guess we will see, I dont know enough about her to know if she would be a target of the Sister Marys school for the blind .
So For Know . Im a offer up a Prayer for her Health and the rest of the Folks hurt and killed and their Family's

No doubt all of us are...
She is the only member of Congress who has a spouse on Active Duty.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 03:08 PM
Bull**** I 1-stared it...whatever ****er did it to yours did it to mine too

Heh, Got yer Blood pressure up tho :D :D :D :D :D

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:09 PM
Foxnews is saying she is alive in critical condition. Take that for what it's worth. So is MSNBC

MSNBC is also reporting that or MSNBC is in critical condition? ;-)

Connecting this with Palin is absurd but it does bring out the outrageous symbolism and rhetoric that she spews. The crosshair target symbol is a little over the top but everything she does is a little over the top.

yermom
1/8/2011, 03:12 PM
i don't mean to make light of the deaths or injuries, but this is why you don't use rhetoric and symbolism like that. comparing what is going on now to what was going on during the times of the real tea party is insanity.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 03:13 PM
Whats over the ****in TOP , Is folks trying to Lay the Blame for this at Palins feet.:rolleyes:

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:15 PM
nobody is laying the blame on palin. we're just saying that this brought up a tangential point about her irresponsible and classless rhetoric.

thecynic
1/8/2011, 03:16 PM
there's no way at this point (unless they have the shooter and he says) that anyone has any idea what the motive for the shooting was

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 03:16 PM
You ought to see the comments left on the CNN article...just about all of them are somehow laying this at Palin's and TP's feet.

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2011, 03:22 PM
nobody is laying the blame on palin. we're just saying that this brought up a tangential point about her irresponsible and classless rhetoric.

Is it classless when the DCCC puts up on a map (http://www.dccc.org/content/recovery) on it's website "targeting" Republicans in elections?

Of course not.

At least to me, anyway, since I'm smart enough to differentiate between targeting a candidate for an election and targeting them with an armed weapon.

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:23 PM
it sounds like no matter what the motivation, this is going to be a really interesting (but incredibly sad) story.

i have trouble believing that the cartels could have anything to do with this. they have a good thing going and i would think they're smart enough to keep this across the border where the corruption and lack of political will keeps them in power. they have to know that they don't want to get us fully involved.

now, on the immigration side, i could see this being related to that just because all it takes is one crazy individual. the pro-immigration crowd should hope that that is not the case as, just like the cartel/drug issue, this type of behavior will backfire on them.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 03:24 PM
Is it classless when the DCCC puts up on a map (http://www.dccc.org/content/recovery) on it's website "targeting" Republicans in elections?

Of course not.

At least to me, anyway, since I'm smart enough to differentiate between targeting a candidate for an election and targeting them with an armed weapon.

Doh!

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:25 PM
If she is for more border protection then the cartels wouldn't like that much. But we know too little about this to make any assumptions like that right now.

Sounds like she is in grave condition.

winout
1/8/2011, 03:26 PM

Yeah, I'm sure you were all over CNN when they used a have show named Crossfire.

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:30 PM

Of course not.

I do think the symbolism is a little different. One, it is not called a "reload" campaign. Two, the target symbol used looks more like a target for darts not the crosshairs of an assault weapon.

Maybe I'm suffering for anti-Palin bias. Anyway, I suppose we're getting way off topic.

Edit: On second thought, I do think my opinion is a little biased. It's a little easy when the person in question constantly spews nonsense.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 03:30 PM

Sure Yall are, By even mentioning her stance and or Advertising .

Yer just saying it in a way that you can allude to it then deny it.:rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2011, 03:32 PM
I do think the symbolism is a little different. One, it is not called a "reload" campaign. Two, the target symbol used looks more like a target for darts not the crosshairs of an assault weapon.

Just. Stop. Now.

Please, for the sake of all rational people.

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:33 PM
Sure Yall are, By even mentioning her stance and or Advertising .

Yer just saying it in a way that you can allude to it then deny it.:rolleyes:

That is not my intent. I place no blame whatsoever on Palin.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 03:34 PM

Maybe I'm suffering for anti-Palin bias. Anyway, I suppose we're getting way off topic.

Talk about spliitin ****in hairs.:eek:
hell Im Anti Lib Dems. But I aint gonna bash em here Nor will I even say anything bad about them .
This is most not the thread for that kinda carp

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:34 PM
Just. Stop. Now.

Please, for the sake of all rational people.

Whatever man. I'm just calling it as I perceive it. You don't have to agree.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 03:35 PM
That is not my intent. I place no blame whatsoever on Palin.

Then Why Yall even mentioning her?:rolleyes:

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:35 PM
Fox News has a senator from AZ on and said that she is responding to commands.

AlboSooner
1/8/2011, 03:36 PM
I pray for her and her family. This is terrible news.

Words have meaning and have consequences. This will always be true.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:37 PM
Also saying that the bullet entered her temple and exited the front side of her head. Didn't say which side.

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:40 PM
Talk about spliitin ****in hairs.:eek:
hell Im Anti Lib Dems. But I aint gonna bash em here Nor will I even say anything bad about them .
This is most not the thread for that kinda carp

i didn't start this crap, okay? the original poster presented his own opinions on why this happened. and get over yourself a little. this is a thread about an event. it isn't a memorial and will never be seen by anyone who is even remotely close to the victims.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 03:42 PM
I pray for her and her family. This is terrible news.

wtf does this even mean?
wtf said they didnt?

jkjsooner
1/8/2011, 03:42 PM
Then Why Yall even mentioning her?:rolleyes:

there is a big difference between placing blame and having an event remind us of something.

i've already admitted to being biased here. the more i think about it the more i think the incident biased my opinion of palin's add. i will back track on my criticism.

i'm going to back away now as i think this is getting to the point of hijacking this thread.

AlboSooner
1/8/2011, 03:45 PM
wtf does this even mean?
wtf said they didnt?

calm down.

It means that words have consequences. You can't say party x is destroying America, and not expect somebody to take action to stop party x from destroying America. It means that the political rhetoric from both sides is dangerous and incites hatred, and in turn hatred incites violence.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:46 PM
Fed Judge John M Roll also shot and killed in this incident.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:48 PM
Roll was a H.W. Bush appointee.

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2011, 03:50 PM
Whatever man. I'm just calling it as I perceive it. You don't have to agree.

You're right, I don't.

I'm no supporter of Palin. I think she's a PR train wreck.

But I also think it's comically disgusting how much contempt certain people on the left have for her to the point that without knowing anything about the gunman, there's a knee jerk reaction to look at a map produced by Palin's PAC and suggest it played some kind of a role in the shooting.

Such thinking is patently absurd at this time.

What we all should be thinking about is the well being of Rep. Giffords, the other shooting victims that survived, and the friends and family of everyone affected directly by this shooting.

soonercastor
1/8/2011, 03:52 PM
Look-stupid people do stupid things regardless and/or for political reasons...doesn't paint an entire party...

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:53 PM
Correction John Roll hasn't been killed but was shot.

Suspect was a 22 year old white male. That's all that is known.

Penguin
1/8/2011, 03:53 PM
Fox isn't bothering to show the news conference. WTF?

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 03:55 PM
Looks like there was no news in that conference anyway.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 03:57 PM
calm down.

It means that words have consequences. You can't say party x is destroying America, and not expect somebody to take action to stop party x from destroying America. It means that the political rhetoric from both sides is dangerous and incites hatred, and in turn hatred incites violence.

First of all don't tell me to calm down

If I feel like calling you out for your cute and trite little saying, deal with it.

Second of all OH HORSE****

Penguin
1/8/2011, 03:59 PM
Somebody needs to tell Shep. He keeps saying they'll have a news conference at any time. The cop said the big news conference is at 6pm Arizona time.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 04:03 PM
The doctor just on said they are optimistic that she will survive.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 04:06 PM
I blame Auburn. There's a bunch of Boogs in Arizona right now. Just sayin'.

Everyone calm the hell down before the thread gets locked.

soonercastor
1/8/2011, 04:09 PM

http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2008/03/ThatsRacist.gif

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 04:11 PM

Yah...basically...no one knows what the hell is going on.

Yeah, CNN has retracted the earlier statement that she died. I think it's obvious that no one knows WTF is going on. I hope she and the rest of the people injured will be okay.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 04:14 PM

I apologize for my part.

I see red when a woman is fighting for her life, people are dead including a 9 yr old and people start using it as a political pulpit.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 04:15 PM
She is a 2nd ammendment person and for more protection on the border.

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 04:15 PM
I apologize for my part.

I see red when a woman is fighting for her life, people are dead including a 9 yr old and people start using it as a political pulpit.

if you cry, Albo will be turned off and step away.

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 04:17 PM
Ya know...at this point, let's just have the Civil War, part deux...Lefties start with both coasts...Righties start with the interior. The way the political venom is flowing right now on this thread and comment boards on all the news sources, we might as well just get this thing over with.

Froze, your discretion on locking/deleting the thread...at this point, I don't care.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 04:19 PM
if you cry, Albo will be turned off and step away.

in honor of my previous statement I plead the 5th here

but thanks for poking me with that stick chk :P

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 04:20 PM
Just trying to remind you people that you do actually like each other some of the time.:cool:

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 04:21 PM

Yer the Mod, But Hell I thot this has been fairly civil so far. Are ya sayin we cant argue now?

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 04:22 PM
Looks to me like this was some loon that's acting on his own.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 04:23 PM
Just trying to remind you people that you do actually like each other some of the time.:cool:

Oh Albie knows deep down inside I heart him...

:)

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 04:25 PM
Yer the Mod, But Hell I thot this has been fairly civil so far. Are ya sayin we cant argue now?

No.

I'm saying that a couple of people on here have been throwing baseless accusations at various groups and the responses have been getting more and more heated as the thread goes on. Thus, everyone needs to calm down before lines get crossed, threads get locked, and I randomly ban someone who wasn't even online today.

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 04:26 PM
Oh Albie knows deep down inside I heart him...

:)

I know, I do too. Even when he is being a butthead.:P

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 04:27 PM
I randomly ban someone who wasn't even online today.
My vote goes for Dean!

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 04:29 PM
I know, I do too. Even when he is being a butthead.:P

I mean really, WHO tells a woman to calm down... pfft!

silly boys.

;)

soonercastor
1/8/2011, 04:31 PM

is OU playing? :P

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 04:35 PM
No.

I'm saying that a couple of people on here have been throwing baseless accusations at various groups and the responses have been getting more and more heated as the thread goes on. Thus, everyone needs to calm down before lines get crossed, threads get locked, and I randomly ban someone who wasn't even online today.

:D Can I pick the one PLEASE , PLEASE ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2011, 04:36 PM
much like you can't assume it has anything to do with the border war, you cant assume it has anything to do with t partiers. BUT it looks awful that she was a target of Palin, was at a publicized event and looks to be a targethaha. That dam*ed Palin. She's so evil.

3rdgensooner
1/8/2011, 04:37 PM
Has anyone blamed terrorism yet?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2011, 04:38 PM

Hell Let me play
Get real
If this was some kinda political carp, then I asssure it was and or is just some ****in nut. maybe a member of a white supremacist group .We don't yet know who or what motivated the guy to do that.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 04:39 PM

:gary:

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 04:39 PM
The killer's guys 2 favorite books are Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto.

He also doesn't understand the fake currency system we have in the USA. This guy was a complete lunatic. Even if he was politically motivated in this killing he was not a sane person.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 04:40 PM

Couldnt be anything that simple :)

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 04:41 PM
The killer's guys 2 favorite books are Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto.

He also doesn't understand the fake currency system we have in the USA. This guy was a complete lunatic. Even if he was politically motivated in this killing he was not a sane person.

Where you pull that from ?
Oh its pretty obvious that the dude aint SANE

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 04:42 PM
Where you pull that from ?
Oh its pretty obvious that the dude aint SANE

Got it from TV. CNN and Fox News.

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 04:47 PM

I don't think Chuck Long has shouldered his share of the blame yet, either.

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2011, 04:49 PM
Here's the shooter's Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10).

You could say the guy was F'ing nuts.

Whet
1/8/2011, 04:53 PM
He is some weird person!

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 04:54 PM
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 04:54 PM
Clearly, we should ban Ayn Rand.

(This is a joke)

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2011, 04:57 PM
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

Out of that list, To Kill a Mockingbird is the surest sign of his insanity.

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 04:57 PM

He is some weird person!

Is this the Wack that is the shooter ?

cccasooner2
1/8/2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds like she is in grave condition.

One or two feet in?

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 05:05 PM
Out of that list, To Kill a Mockingbird is the surest sign of his insanity.

Those are fighting words around UA Law, sir.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 05:06 PM

If this were true I would have been shot by a deranged SF poster a long time ago.

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 05:07 PM

At least there's no Chuck Palahniuk listed.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 05:08 PM
At least there's no Chuck Palahniuk listed.

Any benefit thereof is cancelled by the Hemingway.

The only thing good about Abercrombie and Fitch is they sold Hemingway his shotgun.

yermom
If this were true I would have been shot by a deranged SF poster a long time ago.

you haven't told us which grocery store you were speaking at yet

Blue
Terribly sad. Prayers sent to the congresswoman, the folks who died, and especially the little child who was murdered and all of their families.

Whether it was a right winger, a left winger, an immigration opponent/proponent, or most likely just a nutcase, people are losing their **** out there.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 05:09 PM

Good ole' Jared. Ain't seen him in a coon's age. How's he doing?

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 05:10 PM

who else just thought this was a town in Oklahoma?

I keed I keed....

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 05:11 PM
Any benefit thereof is cancelled by the Hemingway.

The only thing good about Abercrombie and Fitch is they sold Hemingway his shotgun.

Have you read Rant? Worst. Book. Ever. In. The. Entire. History. Of. The. World.

Breadburner
1/8/2011, 05:19 PM
What a **** poor thread.....

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2011, 05:19 PM
Leroy, what the **** are you doing in Green-land...get back in the red zone!

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 05:21 PM

I'm tryin! I'm tryin'! I'm just so damn popular!

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 05:21 PM

fixed;)

rainiersooner
1/8/2011, 05:54 PM
Wow I'm glad I checking in on this thread! :)

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 06:53 PM
Have you read Rant? Worst. Book. Ever. In. The. Entire. History. Of. The. World.

Other than ANYTHING Hemingway ever wrote?

What, you have a problem with a book about travelling back in time by crashing a car so you could sex up your grandmother and mother and become immortal?

(Yes, I have)

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 07:00 PM

What, you have a problem with a book about travelling back in time by crashing a car so you could sex up your grandmother and mother and become immortal?

(Yes, I have)

Obviously you are too young to have read Jonathon Livingston Seagull. Until you do, keep your silly notions of what constitutes bad reading to yourselves.

KC//CRIMSON
1/8/2011, 07:13 PM
The suspect was a caucasian male who walked directly up to Giffords, shot her, then opened fire on the crowd.

Adios, illegal immigrant theory.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 07:15 PM
The suspect was a causcasian male who walked directly up to Giffords, shot her, then opened fire on the crowd.

Adios, illegal immigrant theory.

Yeah, but the suspect allegedly shot another Caucasian. So we're even-stevens.

Sooner5030
1/8/2011, 07:23 PM
http://gawker.com/5728605/arizona-shooter-explained-mind-control-on-youtube

Catie Parker claims to have been in a band with Loughner, as well as his high school and college classmate. In a Twitter exchange with Anthony De Rosa, she said that when she knew Loughner he was a radical liberal, a "loner" and "very philosophical:

"He was a political radical and met Giffords once before in '07, asked her a question and he told me she was 'stupid and unintelligent.' He was a pot head & into rock like Hendrix, The Doors, Anti-Flag.... As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."

Blue
1/8/2011, 07:28 PM
It seems he was a little Schizo. Also anti-religion.

But I'll put him in the category of bat-**** crazy. I don't know why people try to blame whole groups of people for one nutjob.

Sooner5030
1/8/2011, 07:32 PM
But I'll put him in the category of bat-**** crazy. I don't know why people try to blame whole groups of people for one nutjob.

Because it scores quick political points against an ideology that they disagree with.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a hippie. Probably drugged up on LSD.

http://www.otrcat.com/z/jackwebb4.jpg

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 07:33 PM
Because it scores quick political points against an ideology that they disagree with.

wwcd.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 07:34 PM
It seems he was a little Schizo. Also anti-religion.

Exactly this guy wasn't a representation of anyone except for those that are in nut houses. And that's probably where this guy is headed.

Sooner5030
1/8/2011, 07:36 PM
people (even folks on SFs) were tripping over their keyboards to link this to TPer's or Palin. Pretty sad.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 07:36 PM

I was on campus when the story broke. The first question that came up when someone heard about the shooting was, "Which party?'

Hilarious. We don't know whether we are appalled by a tragedy or consider it a "warning to others" until we find out if the victim aligned to our own political convictions.

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 07:46 PM
I was on campus when the story broke. The first question that came up when someone heard about the shooting was, "Which party?'

Hilarious. We don't know whether we are appalled by a tragedy or consider it a "warning to others" until we find out if the victim aligned to our own political convictions.

Who's "we"?

;)

VeeJay
1/8/2011, 07:54 PM
people (even folks on SFs) were tripping over their keyboards to link this to TPer's or Palin. Pretty sad.

Yep - and that is pathetic on their part to have done so. People should never do this just because they want it to be true.

Now, some information has emerged that indicates he was a left winger. There's even a picture of him in 2006 - does this look like your average Tea Partier?

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Blotter/ap_Jared_LLoughner_2_110108_wmain.jpg

http://mobile.twitter.com/caitieparker#22979901883682816

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 07:56 PM
Yep - and that is pathetic on their part to have done so. People should never do this just because they want it to be true.

Now, some information has emerged that indicates he was a left winger. There's even a picture of him in 2006 - does this look like your average Tea Partier?

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Blotter/ap_Jared_LLoughner_2_110108_wmain.jpg

http://mobile.twitter.com/caitieparker#22979901883682816

Looks like an ugly girl...

C&CDean
1/8/2011, 07:57 PM
This guy is nuts. Period.

The next person that tries to paint him as left/right is outta here.

This is my version of no-politics Saturday night in DC.

soonerchk
1/8/2011, 08:01 PM

(Yes, I have)

You're a sick sick man.

And you left out the booger collection.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 08:06 PM
I had always wondered what happened to Peter Frampton.

Breadburner
1/8/2011, 08:12 PM
This guy is nuts. Period.

The next person that tries to paint him as left/right is outta here.

This is my version of no-politics Saturday night in DC.

Could you add blaming Palin as well....

C&CDean
1/8/2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, that too.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 08:17 PM
And global climate change?

Sooner5030
1/8/2011, 08:19 PM
The Sheriff speaking at the news conference seems to forget that we have had assassinations and shootings prior to 24/7 news and talk radio's existence.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2011, 08:22 PM
wIb5Bz0_va4

olevetonahill
1/8/2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah, that too.

Hell Dean you know every swinging dick Politician (even those who swing like Hillary) Are already trying to spin this In whatever light makes their side look good

Hell even her daddy just said he blames the Tea Party .:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2011, 08:41 PM
Let the gun control crap begin.

sooner ngintunr
1/8/2011, 08:44 PM
Let the gun control crap begin.

Hi-cap mags are to blame here.;)

C&CDean
1/8/2011, 08:57 PM
I'm in DC, and I'm unarmed.

I cannot tell you how naked I feel.

SoonerBorn68
1/8/2011, 09:00 PM
Stripping again? ;)

OnlyOneOklahoma
1/8/2011, 09:35 PM
Heard the guy was an Ayn Rand fan...

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 09:36 PM
Heard the guy was an Ayn Rand fan...

And a fan of Hitler and Marx apparently. This guy was real disjointed.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 10:05 PM
I think his reading list, more than showing that he is left-wing, right-wing, libertarian, authoritarian, whatever, shows that he's a massively massively pretentious twat.

bigfatjerk
1/8/2011, 10:32 PM

Of course not.

Looks like they took the map off that site.

Wishboned
1/8/2011, 11:52 PM
There was no Catcher in the Rye on that list...

SicEmBaylor
1/9/2011, 05:43 AM

World War I was sparked by 19 year old Gavrilo Princip when he assassinated Franz Ferdinand.

Leon Czolgosz was in his mid 20's or so when he assassinated President McKinley.

I'm not exactly sure, but I'd say quite a few political assassins were right around that age range which sort of makes sense...an act like that is probably more likely to be carried out by someone younger and more impulsive.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 06:18 AM
World War I was sparked by 19 year old Gavrilo Princip when he assassinated Franz Ferdinand.

Leon Czolgosz was in his mid 20's or so when he assassinated President McKinley.

I'm not exactly sure, but I'd say quite a few political assassins were right around that age range which sort of makes sense...an act like that is probably more likely to be carried out by someone younger and more impulsive.

The problem isn't that they know nothing about politics; the problem is that they know just enough to get themselves wound up into conspiracy theories, especially those that assume leaders are demons out to control everyone's life. Because they're young, they're easily manipulated and tend to act (as you said) impulsively.

SoonerStormchaser
1/9/2011, 07:11 AM
Well, LHO was 27 when he "assassinated" JFK (if you really believe that he did it and/or acted alond), so your point does hold water SicEm...but LL is right as well.

OnlyOneOklahoma
1/9/2011, 08:03 AM
Eh, I am tired of this. I think we all need to clean up our rhetoric and stop using violent words to describe how our opponents make us feel.

Not everyone is smart enough to understand media hyperbole.

dwarthog
1/9/2011, 08:45 AM
The Sheriff speaking at the news conference seems to forget that we have had assassinations and shootings prior to 24/7 news and talk radio's existence.

Why let the facts get in the way of establishing a solid rhetoric to use for one's accusations?

JohnnyMack
1/9/2011, 09:28 AM
Well, LHO was 27 when he "assassinated" JFK (if you really believe that he did it and/or acted alond), so your point does hold water SicEm...but LL is right as well.

John Wilkes Booth was 26.

bigfatjerk
1/9/2011, 10:57 AM
Eh, I am tired of this. I think we all need to clean up our rhetoric and stop using violent words to describe how our opponents make us feel.

Not everyone is smart enough to understand media hyperbole.

From what I can tell in his youtube rantings this guy probably killed these people because he didn't like how the government was trying to control his mind through grammar. I don't think any political rhetoric can really keep crazy people from doing things like this.

delhalew
1/9/2011, 11:42 AM
The comments in this thread are disappointing as hell.

soonercoop1
1/9/2011, 11:42 AM

Of course not.

Would guess some around here aren't smart enough to know the difference...

soonercoop1
1/9/2011, 11:43 AM
From what I can tell in his youtube rantings this guy probably killed these people because he didn't like how the government was trying to control his mind through grammar. I don't think any political rhetoric can really keep crazy people from doing things like this.

The guy was obviously insane with a couple of screws loose...

cccasooner2
1/9/2011, 11:44 AM
Waiting for the lawsuits against Safeway. That will fix things up, it's the American way.

olevetonahill
1/9/2011, 12:20 PM
Waiting for the lawsuits against Safeway. That will fix things up, it's the American way.

Naw, they prolly go after the Glock Manufacturer, The Ammo company, the Gun store that sold the weapon, Might even target the company that made his sneakers :rolleyes:

stoopified
1/9/2011, 12:26 PM
Naw, they prolly go after the Glock Manufacturer, The Ammo company, the Gun store that sold the weapon, Might even target the company that made his sneakers :rolleyes:That would be funnier if that sh!t didn't actually happen.

olevetonahill
1/9/2011, 12:28 PM
That would be funnier if that sh!t didn't actually happen.

I know, ;)

StoopTroup
1/9/2011, 12:56 PM
So did the gal who was shot in the face make it overnight? Are they saying what her status/prognosis is? I hope she pulls through and gets to see that ****er get his plug pulled once they give him the Death Sentence. If they give him life...I hope her and all the other Families take shifts at his parole hearings until he dies in Prison. Those gals that got loose the other day for giving the other Sister a Kidney was wrong. They should still be in prison and if it was about the cost of dialysis...they should have paid for the kidney transplant and then slapped them back in their cells.

Some folks who are supposed to have the best interest in our Country suddenly appear to have been in charge to long and become bleeding hearts and make decisions to release people who have shown that they shouldn't be on the Streets of America. At best....they should turn them loose say on Gaum and give them a job doing snake control. No way they should have been in front of cameras saying "Finally Justice has been served!" Those gals looked like they'd been eating well while in the joint. They'll be great additions to our Society I'm sure. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

olevetonahill
1/9/2011, 01:09 PM
I dont Know ST. from what little I read about those 2. they were sentenced to Life W/O fer a pissant robbery charge, member this is in Miss. and they are Black , a Tad of Racism in that whole deal wouldn't surprise me any.

StoopTroup
1/9/2011, 01:27 PM
I dont Know ST. from what little I read about those 2. they were sentenced to Life W/O fer a pissant robbery charge, member this is in Miss. and they are Black , a Tad of Racism in that whole deal wouldn't surprise me any.

From what I heard they were part of a robbery that turned sour and then a victim got killed. It was over $11 freaking dollars. They were apart of it and they got hammered. Now.....if they have rehabed and the Parole Folks felt they'd learned their lesson and it was time to release them....then fine. But to make a deal for one of them to help save her Sister's life so the State could save some money? Seriously...I must be missing something. Let them go do to time served and good behavior and let them go find someone to do the life saving surgery her Sister needs. For them to negoiate their release based on letting the Prison System pay for her dialysis vs giving her Sister a kidney.....you know....if it was someone I thought was in need of a kidney and I was a match and giving them one would allow they to enjoy our great Country and a long life without dialysis...I'd give it even if it wasn't a family member. I'm and Organ Donor and I'm on the American Red Cross Donor Cross Match Roles. These are things you do make our Society a better place....not to bargain for a "Get out of Jail" card.

Again....maybe there's more to this than I understand....but seeing them say Justice has been served!" during their post release Press Conference probably had the Judge and a good number of folks thinking...."If those two gals don't follow through with the surgery....send them back to Prison!" I'd also imagine that if they do follow through....they better make the most out of this opportunity and get jobs, make public appearances talking to kids about not doing stupid stuff and use this as a way to make Mississippi a better place. Rubbing it in the Judges nose that their sentence wasn't fair an hour after getting released doesn't give me much faith in them.

I hope I'm wrong....but I bet they end back in the joint.

olevetonahill
1/9/2011, 01:34 PM
See I dint see any of that. I just read the 1st article about it and then moved on . Knew the robbery wasnt much. Never heard about a killin .

Salt City Sooner
1/9/2011, 03:00 PM
Turns out that the little girl who didn't make it was the granddaughter of former MLB manager Dallas Green:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6004887

soonerinkaty
1/9/2011, 03:13 PM
I didn't read all 9 pages of the thread, but has anyone read his online rantings? He needed help, its sad that this may have been avoided. He sounds like a very confused young man.

Prayers to those involved.

sooner59
1/9/2011, 04:20 PM
So did the gal who was shot in the face make it overnight? Are they saying what her status/prognosis is? I hope she pulls through and gets to see that ****er get his plug pulled once they give him the Death Sentence. If they give him life...I hope her and all the other Families take shifts at his parole hearings until he dies in Prison. Those gals that got loose the other day for giving the other Sister a Kidney was wrong. They should still be in prison and if it was about the cost of dialysis...they should have paid for the kidney transplant and then slapped them back in their cells.

Some folks who are supposed to have the best interest in our Country suddenly appear to have been in charge to long and become bleeding hearts and make decisions to release people who have shown that they shouldn't be on the Streets of America. At best....they should turn them loose say on Gaum and give them a job doing snake control. No way they should have been in front of cameras saying "Finally Justice has been served!" Those gals looked like they'd been eating well while in the joint. They'll be great additions to our Society I'm sure. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

I just saw that she is a medically induced coma. Not sure of the outlook.

soonercruiser
1/9/2011, 10:41 PM

The Left Winger jerks on this site can't seem to comprehendo this.
Palin only kills what she can eat next to the mashed potatos.....and Barney's Frank said people don't taste good!

soonercruiser
1/9/2011, 10:46 PM

Yah! Kinda like Obama sayin he would have a friend "take out" Sean Hannity.
Duh!
There's plenty of bad rhetoruc on both sides of any political issue.

soonercruiser
1/9/2011, 11:01 PM
The killer's guys 2 favorite books are Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto.He also doesn't understand the fake currency system we have in the USA. This guy was a complete lunatic. Even if he was politically motivated in this killing he was not a sane person.

Ahhhhhh! An Obama cultie.

SicEmBaylor
1/9/2011, 11:06 PM
Ahhhhhh! An Obama cultie.

Are Obama fans known for being big on Mein Kampf?

Frozen Sooner
1/9/2011, 11:16 PM

It's the Ayn Rand that really shows he's a big Obama guy. Obama supporters are known for being Galtards.

soonercruiser
1/9/2011, 11:22 PM

Sorry! I came in a day late.
The point is all the conjecture about motive and cause are just stupid.
(Just like my example)
Blame the parents if you want. They are the ones who needed to act when the college told them the shooter couldn't come back to school without some type of psychological "therapy".

But, please also blame the drive-by media for getting the story wrong many times; just trying to outscoop the other media outlets on the story.

King Barry's Back
1/9/2011, 11:23 PM

I don't want to turn off the Palin-haters. You've all certainly done good work here.

Just to insert some sanity into an insane situation -- Everybody in Washington has target lists of Congress members. Whatever party is in the minority is always thinking about how to get the majority, and the only way to do that is to defeat members from the other party.

Also, you can not believe the kind of nut jobs that think they can/should correspond with members of Congress.

When i was opening mail in a Congressional office, we had one guy write in two or three times every day about how the FBI was mind controlling him, how the local psych clinic he visited was putting poison in his psych medication, and sometimes he included detailed gynecological drawings. (He was really good at this by the way. he could have worked for medical publishing companies if he wasn't so freaking crazy.)

Most times you could tell these guys the moment you looked at the letter. There was hardly white space. They would fill up all the margins, bottom, top and sides. And there would be many pages.

From his postings, it sounds like this guy tried to kill Gabrielle Giffords because he was being mind controlled and because he thought Arizonans were "illiterate."

That doesn't sound like a Republican to me.

Blue
1/10/2011, 03:20 AM
Check this out. Slippery slope.

Rep. Robert Brady, D-Pennsylvania, said he will introduce legislation making it a federal crime for a person to use language or symbols that could be perceived as threatening or inciting violence against a Member of Congress or federal official.

97Q1TVVSYmc&feature=player_embedded

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2011, 03:31 AM
The little 9 year old girl that got killed really really bothers me. Members of Congress accept a certain mount of risk when they decide to enter the public arena. But here is a little girl who was recently elected to her class student council and her neighbor thought she'd enjoy meeting her local congressman. She had her whole future ahead of her and this sick son of a bitch snuffed it out.

It's terrible what happened to Congressman Giffords and my heart goes out to her, but like I said she was a grown woman who made the decision to accept the risk associated with being a public official. This 9 year old girl never had a chance to make that choice -- that's the biggest tragedy for me.

God rest her little soul.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 04:09 AM
I agree Sic
The news is making it all about the Woman , and very little said about the others
here is a headline from Yahoo.
Officials charge Ariz. man, 22, with assassination attempt
Guess they had to get the Important charge out the way 1st :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 04:22 AM
I don't want to turn off the Palin-haters. You've all certainly done good work here.

Just to insert some sanity into an insane situation -- Everybody in Washington has target lists of Congress members. Whatever party is in the minority is always thinking about how to get the majority, and the only way to do that is to defeat members from the other party.

Also, you can not believe the kind of nut jobs that think they can/should correspond with members of Congress.

When i was opening mail in a Congressional office, we had one guy write in two or three times every day about how the FBI was mind controlling him, how the local psych clinic he visited was putting poison in his psych medication, and sometimes he included detailed gynecological drawings.

Did they turn you on?

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 04:27 AM
I agree Sic
The news is making it all about the Woman , and very little said about the others

I noticed that too. All day I have seen her image up on the tv, and almost nothing said about the others.

But it's not surprising. How many times have we been asked to pray for some freakin' football player to overcome his torn ACL? (Like I really give a **** about some athlete's leg.) The people that get shot and killed on a normal day? Nada.

yermom
1/10/2011, 04:34 AM
you know like when some plane crashes in Asscrackistan and 3 Americans were killed among the other 150 that we don't care about

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 04:34 AM
Did they turn you on?

I noticed that too. All day I have seen her image up on the tv, and almost nothing said about the others.

But it's not surprising. How many times have we been asked to pray for some freakin' football player to overcome his torn ACL? (Like I really give a **** about some athlete's leg.) The people that get shot and killed on a normal day? Nada.

Dude seriously, Have you considered getting Professional Help ?

SoonerStormchaser
1/10/2011, 04:35 AM
Check this out. Slippery slope.

Rep. Robert Brady, D-Pennsylvania, said he will introduce legislation making it a federal crime for a person to use language or symbols that could be perceived as threatening or inciting violence against a Member of Congress or federal official.

Ladies and gentlemen...the next Joseph McCarthy...there's gonna be political witch hunts on both sides of the aisle because of this.

yermom
1/10/2011, 04:38 AM
maybe Palin will resign from whatever she's doing now because the media is too mean to her again

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 04:42 AM
maybe Palin will resign from whatever she's doing now because the media is too mean to her again

Bro, why you got such a hate on for her?

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 05:47 AM

No kiddin'. She might as well have been in on the assassination attempt.

As for political witch hunts, I have no desire to take part in any hanging mob until a member of my own political party gets shot. At that point it gets serious.

Just kiddin'.

Whet
1/10/2011, 07:27 AM
NEVER let a crisis go to waste!

A classmate of the man accused of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords this morning describes him as "left wing" and a "pot head" in a series of posts on Twitter this afternoon.

Caitie Parker did not immediately respond to our request for an interview, but her "tweets" in the hours after the shooting paint a picture of Jared Loughner as a substance-abusing loner who had met Giffords before the shooting. She says, Loughner described the congresswoman as "stupid and unintelligent."

We've confirmed that Parker and Loughner went to school together at Mountain View High School in Tucson and that both attended Pima Community College, so her claims of knowing Loughner seem to be legit.

Parker "tweets" that she and Loughner were in the band together and were friends until 2007 when he became "reclusive" after getting alcohol poisoning and dropping out of college.

She describes him as "quite liberal" and as a "political radical."

delhalew
1/10/2011, 08:08 AM

The media told him to.

sappstuf
1/10/2011, 08:10 AM
“To be clear, if you’re using this event to criticize the ‘rhetoric’ of Mrs. Palin or others with whom you disagree, then you’re either: (a) asserting a connection between the ‘rhetoric’ and the shooting, which based on evidence to date would be what we call a vicious lie; or (b) you’re not, in which case you’re just seizing on a tragedy to try to score unrelated political points, which is contemptible. Which is it?

Hmmm.....

delhalew
1/10/2011, 08:13 AM
The little 9 year old girl that got killed really really bothers me. Members of Congress accept a certain mount of risk when they decide to enter the public arena. But here is a little girl who was recently elected to her class student council and her neighbor thought she'd enjoy meeting her local congressman. She had her whole future ahead of her and this sick son of a bitch snuffed it out.

It's terrible what happened to Congressman Giffords and my heart goes out to her, but like I said she was a grown woman who made the decision to accept the risk associated with being a public official. This 9 year old girl never had a chance to make that choice -- that's the biggest tragedy for me.

Listening to the father just wrecked me. "She was born on 9/11 when the towers fell, and died during this tragedy. Everything in between was beautiful."
Damn.

waynepayne
1/10/2011, 08:39 AM

Amen Sic.

cccasooner2
1/10/2011, 10:41 AM
you know like when some plane crashes in Asscrackistan and 3 Americans were killed among the other 150 that we don't care about

Just like the scipts of a ton of movies over the years. Carnage all over the place from nuclear/conventional weapons, high-speed car chases, and you name it. As long as the central character survives, the audience is supposedly happy. If one of the central characters does not make it, the audience is supposedly sad regardless of the fate of the other characters.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2011, 11:14 AM
I love the way that from the beginning our right-wing friends (like the thread starter) attempt to frame this attack in a certain light to absolve their side of any possible affiliation with the shooter and our left-wing friends assume he's a tea-party member and start posting Sarah Palin links.

Now that everyone has attempted to spin this story away from their interests, it's at least somewhat comforting to know that the shooter is just ****ing crazy.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 11:20 AM
I love the way that from the beginning our right-wing friends (like the thread starter) attempt to frame this attack in a certain light to absolve their side of any possible affiliation with the shooter and our left-wing friends assume he's a tea-party member and start posting Sarah Palin links.

Now that everyone has attempted to spin this story away from their interests, it's at least somewhat comforting to know that the shooter is just ****ing crazy.

hey I resent that. as a Crazy person I dont like you trying to tie that bastage to my group either :mad:

JohnnyMack
1/10/2011, 11:25 AM
This guy makes you look like Mr. Rogers.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 11:27 AM
This guy makes you look like Mr. Rogers.

Well in that case, carry on:D

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2011, 11:27 AM
Listening to the father just wrecked me. "She was born on 9/11 when the towers fell, and died during this tragedy. Everything in between was beautiful."
Damn.

Her parents have been the model of grace and dignity through all this.

Me thinks we could all learn something from them at a time like this considering tragedies usually bring us all together and this one seems to be making the political divide even wider.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2011, 11:43 AM
I agree Sic

I'm pretty sure they also charged him with murder of a federal judge, murder, and attempted murder. No reason why you wouldn't charge all of them at once, unless Arizona doesn't have a murder of a federal judge charge.

sappstuf
1/10/2011, 11:45 AM
If Manning gets shot, I would blame the NYPost....

http://harfobama.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/front010811.jpg

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2011, 11:46 AM
Here's the criminal complaint.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/09/loughner.complaint.pdf

Note that these are just the Federal charges. The state will likely bring their own charges on the murder/attempted murder of non-federal personnel.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty sure they also charged him with murder of a federal judge, murder, and attempted murder. No reason why you wouldn't charge all of them at once, unless Arizona doesn't have a murder of a federal judge charge.

I agree bro
I was just quoting the Head Line that was up.
6 Dead and all the News Headlines are about her.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 11:49 AM
Here's the criminal complaint.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/09/loughner.complaint.pdf

Note that these are just the Federal charges. The state will likely bring their own charges on the murder/attempted murder of non-federal personnel.

Like I said bro. The News is making this all about HER . and down playing the others.

Midtowner
1/10/2011, 11:55 AM

Yes there'd be a good reason not to charge all at once. Double jeopardy. If something should go awry with the first trial, it'd be smart to hold back at least one murder charge for a second run at this guy or another shot at the death penalty or something to that effect.

smc
1/10/2011, 11:57 AM

Rant is the worst book ever, if you have not read Haunted by the same author. Both of those caught me off guard after Survivor.

Ike
1/10/2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/01/the-cloudy-logic-of-political-shootings/69147/

Many of us would do well to consider thoughts such as these when thinking about this senseless tragedy.

Shootings of political figures are by definition "political." That's how the target came to public notice; it is why we say "assassination" rather than plain murder.

But it is striking how rarely the "politics" of an assassination (or attempt) match up cleanly with the main issues for which a public figure has stood. Some killings reflect "pure" politics: John Wilkes Booth shooting Abraham Lincoln, the German officers who tried to kill Hitler and derail his war plans. We don't know exactly why James Earl Ray killed Martin Luther King, but it must have had a lot to do with civil rights.

There is a longer list of odder or murkier motives:
- Leo Ryan, the first (and, we hope, still the only) Representative to be killed in the line of duty, was gunned down in Guyana in 1978 for an investigation of the Jim Jones/Jonestown cult, not any "normal" political issue.

- Sirhan Sirhan horribly transformed American politics by killing Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, but Sirhan's political causes had little or nothing to do with what RFK stood for to most Americans.

- So too with Arthur Bremer, who tried to kill George C. Wallace in 1972 and left him paralyzed.

- The only known reason for John Hinckley's shooting of Ronald Reagan involves Jodie Foster.

- It's not often remembered now, but Manson family member Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme tried to shoot Gerald Ford, again for reasons that would mean nothing to most Americans of that time.

- When Harry Truman was shot at (and a policeman was killed) on the sidewalk outside the White Blair House, the attackers were concerned not about Cold War policies or Truman's strategy in Korea but about Puerto Rican independence.

- The assassinations of William McKinley and James Garfield were also "political" but not in a way that matched the main politics of that time. The list could go on.

So the train of logic is:
1) anything that can be called an "assassination" is inherently political;
2) very often the "politics" are obscure, personal, or reflecting mental disorders rather than "normal" political disagreements. But now a further step,
3) the political tone of an era can have some bearing on violent events. The Jonestown/Ryan and Fromme/Ford shootings had no detectable source in deeper political disagreements of that era. But the anti-JFK hate-rhetoric in Dallas before his visit was so intense that for decades people debated whether the city was somehow "responsible" for the killing. (Even given that Lee Harvey Oswald was an outlier in all ways.)

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2011, 11:59 AM
Yes there'd be a good reason not to charge all at once. Double jeopardy. If something should go awry with the first trial, it'd be smart to hold back at least one murder charge for a second run at this guy or another shot at the death penalty or something to that effect.

Except that in a case like this, you'd get precluded if there was an acquittal. The jury would have necessarily found that he wasn't the shooter, there was only one shooter, therefore he didn't shoot the last one. So no, that would actually be a terrible reason to not charge all at once.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2011, 12:00 PM
Like I said bro. The News is making this all about HER . and down playing the others.

Ah. I thought you were saying that the only charge filed was the assassination charge.

olevetonahill
1/10/2011, 12:03 PM
Ah. I thought you were saying that the only charge filed was the assassination charge.

Yea, i wernt real clear. :O

Ike
1/10/2011, 12:03 PM

Well, I think the news is making it all about her because from all appearances, she was the intended target. Right or wrong, thats often the story that gets told...They are simply following their pre-generated formulas for reporting on such events.

delhalew
1/10/2011, 01:05 PM
Her parents have been the model of grace and dignity through all this.

Me thinks we could all learn something from them at a time like this considering tragedies usually bring us all together and this one seems to be making the political divide even wider.

I agree completely. The parents of the slain girl stand in stark contrast to the sheriff and others who tried to politicize the moment and people like Brady, who would use this to limit speech or 2nd amendment rights.

Just because Giffards is a politician, does not make this political. Unless bat **** crazy is a new party.

C&CDean
1/10/2011, 01:08 PM
And then we've got the ****ing idiot Olbermann running his stupid yapper. That Allen West dude he's slamming is what this country needs IMO.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2011/01/tucson_shooting_gabrielle_giffords_olbermann.php

Wishboned
1/10/2011, 01:40 PM
Blaming Sarah Palin for this is like blaming the Beatles for the Manson Family murders.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/10/2011, 01:58 PM
They file the federal charges before state charges, so the Assassination and murder and attempted murder are the federal charges for the judge and the Representative. The little girls charges will be state charges and I hope he gets something worse than the death penalty for that one. Obama should unite this country and just this once allow cruel and unusual punishment.

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 02:06 PM
"I think it's important for all leaders... not just leaders of the Republican Party or the Democratic Party... to say, look, we can't stand for this...we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is that the way that she has it depicted has the cross-hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they've got to realize there's consequences to that action."
-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, March 25, 2010

SpankyNek
1/10/2011, 02:10 PM
And then we've got the ****ing idiot Olbermann running his stupid yapper. That Allen West dude he's slamming is what this country needs IMO.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2011/01/tucson_shooting_gabrielle_giffords_olbermann.php

Allen West is what his district in Florida needs...nothing more, nothing less.

Nancy Pelosi is what her congressional district needs, Harry Reid is what Nevada needs.

These are the folks that were voted in by their constituencies, and therefore are what America needs.

If people in OK could just be happy about their own representation, and quit bitching and moaning about what other states do, we would be better off.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/10/2011, 02:21 PM
Well it isn't really what they need...it is what they are stuck with. The people in politics for the most part are not decent and intelligent people.

sooner59
1/10/2011, 02:25 PM
Well it isn't really what they need...it is what they are stuck with. The people in politics for the most part are not decent and intelligent people.

Quote of the year so far. +1.

OULenexaman
1/10/2011, 02:28 PM

look no further than the White House...

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 02:36 PM
nm

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/10/2011, 02:37 PM
This really isn't the thread to discuss Obama but I kind of feel the same way about him as I do Bush. I think they are both very intelligent men(Obama more outwardly so) and I honestly think they are both decent people who really wanted to do good things. The reason I believe that is because look at the Presidents and how horrible they look when they leave office, look at Congress people, they look better 20 years later. That tells me Congress isn't stressed because they DON'T care.

OU_Sooners75
McVeigh WAS politically motivated

No...McVeigh was anti-government motivated.

He was all pissed off about the happenings in Idaho and Waco and decided to take that frustration out on a federal building that killed republicans, democrats, and independents...along with a bunch of tiny kids!

That is hardly political.

SpankyNek
look no further than the White House...
Come on......this $h!t is getting thick.

How many stupid people are in the White House (I am guessing that you declined attending Columbia and Harvard to pursue a more intelligent atmosphere...like Sooner Message boards)?

Look forward to hearing some examples of their "indecency" as well....

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2011, 02:40 PM
"I think it's important for all leaders... not just leaders of the Republican Party or the Democratic Party... to say, look, we can't stand for this...we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is that the way that she has it depicted has the cross-hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they've got to realize there's consequences to that action."
-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, March 25, 2010

What's missing here is that this kid would have tried to off her anway, gun sight pic or no gun sight pic.

yermom
1/10/2011, 02:46 PM
No...McVeigh was anti-government motivated.

He was all pissed off about the happenings in Idaho and Waco and decided to take that frustration out on a federal building that killed republicans, democrats, and independents...along with a bunch of tiny kids!

That is hardly political.

that's semantics. i didn't say he was partisan about it.

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2011, 02:47 PM
that's semantics. i didn't say he was partisan about it.

fair enough...just let the record show that it was not politically motivated...LOL

yermom
1/10/2011, 02:48 PM
politics is more than the Dem vs. Pub BS that we hear all the time

SpankyNek
1/10/2011, 02:50 PM
So there is some Ol' Vet that wants to get pissy and neg spec me....figures.

The truth hurts I guess.

There is not one thing I have said here that wasn't the truth....some folks want to bash just because they don't agree, while having a circle jerk for anyone that wants to pile on and make disparaging (Nearly traitorous) remarks about our Commander in Chief.

I love America too much for that garbage...I am beginning to wonder what you are a "Vet" of, Mr. "on a hill?"

Hope you never make it to Capitol Hill ('cept maybe the one near Grand Boulevard)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/10/2011, 02:54 PM
It was politically motivated to me though. He had the same thoughts as lots of right and left thinking groups. The Tea Party is doing it through elections and grass roots campaigning to get the agenda they want passed. McVeigh used bombs and terror. The Tea Party feels the government is getting too large and starting to trample on their liberties..which is precisely what McVeigh was protesting. I am not saying they are the same thing because the Tea Party operates within the law and isn't killing people's babies. The Tea party is an example of how you are supposed to enact change if you really want it.

cccasooner2
1/10/2011, 03:17 PM

The truth hurts I guess.

There is not one thing I have said here that wasn't the truth....some folks want to bash just because they don't agree, while having a circle jerk for anyone that wants to pile on and make disparaging (Nearly traitorous) remarks about our Commander in Chief.

I love America too much for that garbage...I am beginning to wonder what you are a "Vet" of, Mr. "on a hill?"

Hope you never make it to Capitol Hill ('cept maybe the one near Grand Boulevard)

Well maybe it's because there is no atmosphere more intelligent than SoonerFans.com. :D

OUthunder
1/10/2011, 03:18 PM
What pisses me off the most about this, is that you have a federal judge killed, and a Congress woman severely injured. YES, it's terrible that it happened, but you have the politicians and media types going all ape **** over this, while on a DAILY basis we have innocents losing there lives on the boarder because none of these **********s want to step up and do something about it.

Then, we have a judge shot and a Congress woman shot and it's all that you hear about 24/7. Now the politicians want you and I to pay for added security for them. Tell you what, protect your constituents then protect yourself. Let's not forget that there were others killed besides a politician and a judge.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now. :D

SoonerStormchaser
1/10/2011, 03:31 PM
What pisses me off the most about this, is that you have a federal judge killed, and a Congress woman severely injured. YES, it's terrible that it happened, but you have the politicians and media types going all ape **** over this, while on a DAILY basis we have innocents losing there lives on the boarder because none of these **********s want to step up and do something about it.

Then, we have a judge shot and a Congress woman shot and it's all that you hear about 24/7. Now the politicians want you and I to pay for added security for them. Tell you what, protect your constituents then protect yourself. Let's not forget that there were others killed besides a politician and a judge.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now. :D

I agree with you on this one, Thunder. The best part about this whole political protection thing is that Janet Napolitano was in Asscrackistan a few days ago talking to Karzai about border protection for his country...like she has any ****ing idea how to do it!

okie52
1/10/2011, 03:37 PM
I agree with you on this one, Thunder. The best part about this whole political protection thing is that Janet Napolitano was in Asscrackistan a few days ago talking to Karzai about border protection for his country...like she has any ****ing idea how to do it!

Hopefully she won't resort to profiling.

cccasooner2
1/10/2011, 04:09 PM

ROFL

TitoMorelli
1/10/2011, 04:16 PM

The truth hurts I guess.

Add to Reputation: SpankyNek
What do you think of SpankyNek's post?
xx I approve
__ I disapprove

Feel better now, Spank? ;)

sappstuf
1/10/2011, 04:29 PM

I think she was asking questions about this technology..

http://www.vfx.to/images/external/catapult.jpg

okie52
1/10/2011, 04:32 PM
I think she was asking questions about this technology..

http://www.vfx.to/images/external/catapult.jpg

:D

Crude but effective. And it's green technology.

How have you been Sapp?

SpankyNek
1/10/2011, 04:38 PM
Add to Reputation: SpankyNek
What do you think of SpankyNek's post?
xx I approve
__ I disapprove

Feel better now, Spank? ;)

Thanks Tito.....we don't have to agree on everything, but we can still have a level of decorum that is lost on many.

Hope your post on this subject isn't what sent you into the red.

MR2-Sooner86
1/10/2011, 04:38 PM
It's all bull****.

The guy was a ****ing loony tune who was several cans short of a six pack.

The media coverage on this is a damn disgrace but most of their stuff is.

If you think Palin/right wing/tea partiers should get the blame, you know who else thinks Palin should get the blame? Jane Fonda. So obviously anybody who thinks Palin should get the blame agrees with Jane Fonda and if they agree with Jane Fonda then they're a traitor as well. So all people thinking Palin/tea partiers/right wingers are to blame for this are traitors to our country and should be lined up in front of a firing squad or on a trap door with a rope around their throat that snaps their neck like a pencil.

See how easy it is to merge a group under one idea/person?

The guy acted alone and away from 99.99% of American politics, right or left.

TitoMorelli
1/10/2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks Tito.....we don't have to agree on everything, but we can still have a level of decorum that is lost on many.

Hope your post on this subject isn't what sent you into the red.

No, but I sure must have pizzed some folks off in my month or two here:

This post has not received any reputation.

You currently have -12887 reputation point(s).

:D:D :D

bigfatjerk
1/10/2011, 05:04 PM
This is bizarre look at the bottom of the page who Giffords subscribes to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/giffords2

Giffords probably has some staffer do all the youtube stuff but it's still bizarre