PDA

View Full Version : Putting A&M and Mizzou on notice...

Soonermagik
1/8/2011, 11:09 AM
Prepare to get crushed next year. You never play OU well in Norman. You're losing a ton of players, it's going to be ugly. That is all. :cool:

Keller Sooner
1/8/2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah, we're talking behind-the-woodshed type of beating here!!

SteelClip49
1/8/2011, 12:09 PM
2007 game in Norman when College Gameday was there, Missouri gave OU all it could handle going into the 4th and led 24-23. To me, that's playing well with OU at home. OU did win 41-31 but it wasn't easy.

JLEW1818
1/8/2011, 12:12 PM
drop 60 on each of them

TXBOOMER
1/8/2011, 12:13 PM
We should have taken them to the wood shed this year. Neither of them were all that!

Seamus
1/8/2011, 12:16 PM
2007 game in Norman when College Gameday was there, Missouri gave OU all it could handle going into the 4th and led 24-23. To me, that's playing well with OU at home. OU did win 41-31 but it wasn't easy.

We win that game 41-24 were it not for the bogus Texas-Tech-in-Lubbutt-style bounce into the endzone TD in the final minute.

Got replay? Then effing use it! So ghey.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
1/8/2011, 12:20 PM

Yeah, but Mizzou was good that year. They went 12-2 w/two losses to OU. They pounded SEC representative Arkie 38-7 or so in the Cotton Bowl.

OUEngr1990
1/8/2011, 12:36 PM
A&M losing Von Miller too. cool. Not that it would have mattered much.

The key word here is N-O-R-M-A-N.

SoonerMarkVA
1/8/2011, 01:10 PM
We should have taken them to the wood shed this year. Neither of them were all that!

Yup. Or if not the woodshed, at least won the game with little doubt.

That said, I definitely give the team credit for solid away wins at Baylor and OSU. If the team that played in either of those games had been available for Mizz and A&M, no doubt of the outcome. In fact, those away games, combined with our bowl win, are the most impressive looking that the Sooners have been in an away/bowl setting for quite some time. I hope it foreshadows what we can expect to see of OU on the road next year.

yermom
1/8/2011, 02:00 PM

you are neglecting the revenge factor

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2011, 02:56 PM
I could care less about how either of them have played in Norman in the past, next fall they are both toast.

virginiasooner
1/8/2011, 03:07 PM
Is Missouri even on the schedule yet? If they are our homecoming opponent, I WANT A BEATDOWN!

Chiliman
1/8/2011, 03:21 PM
I want to crush Misery bad. I was @ that game this year. Obnoxious fans and they acted like were some tradition rich program, who had just won a national title.

85sooners
1/8/2011, 03:38 PM
Fukem

yankee
1/8/2011, 03:48 PM
Aggy returns the bulk of their offense, which was already good this season. I want a beatdown in Norman rivaling that of '09, but they are probably still going to be a solid to very good football team next year. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if barring unforseen circumstances, we finish 1 and they finish 2 in the Big 12-2.

NorCal Sooner
1/8/2011, 03:50 PM
While I don't disagree that they are going to get beat down by OU, A&M returns most of it's team next year. They do lose Miller, but they should be a better team next season.

AlbqSooner
1/8/2011, 04:28 PM
I say poop in their gatorade buckets.

Soonermagik
1/8/2011, 05:26 PM
I want to crush Misery bad. I was @ that game this year. Obnoxious fans and they acted like were some tradition rich program, who adjust won a national title.

I had a co-worker who went to the game as well. The fans chanted F.. OU.

Then as he's leaving the game he gets shoved in the back. As he turns around there are 15+ MizzOU frat house punks begging him to do something. As he is almost to the parking lot a fan reaches out his hand to shake his hand. He sticks out his hand and the fan quickly retracts his and says go Fu*k yourself and take your crap team out of here.

Needless to say, he wants us to trash this team next year. I hope we beat them by 80+... no joke.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2011, 05:53 PM
I think A&M will probably give us a pretty good game. Or at least at lot better than most conference opponents do. I think we will beat them fairly comfortably but they will hang around a while.

Now Missouri I think we are likely to beat within a couple inches of their life next year. Between the revenge factor and the fact MU loses Gabbert and Aldon Smith this has all the signs of a 55-7 type beatdown.

oudivesherpa
1/8/2011, 05:57 PM
Is Missouri even on the schedule yet? If they are our homecoming opponent, I WANT A BEATDOWN!

No, according to OU's Athletic Department the game is TBA. According to Mizzo's Athletic Department web site the game is 9/24 in Norman. :D

Breadburner
1/8/2011, 06:00 PM
Von Miller was a monster against OU.....The Pokes were very lucky they didnt face the Ags later in the year....

soonerloyal
1/8/2011, 09:01 PM
The key word here is N-O-R-M-A-N.

I don't want that to be a "key word". We're OKLAHOMA, and we are MORE than our home game winning streak, for crying out loud. Missouri has some good years, yes. But compared to Oklahoma, all Mizzou is, is a blind squirrel finding a nut every so often.

Our key word is SOONERS. **** MO up, down, sideways and backwards. Hang half a hundred on 'em and send 'em home cryin'.

yukonsooner
1/8/2011, 09:55 PM
However, the Sooner Fans will treat the Mizzou fans a great deal better than the OU fans were treated in Colulmbia this year

ouwasp
1/8/2011, 10:03 PM
Was it in '86 that OU hung around 70 on Mizzery? Maybe in honor of the 25th anniv of that beatdown the Sooners chould do it again.

OUEngr1990
1/8/2011, 11:33 PM
Was it in '86 that OU hung around 70 on Mizzery? Maybe in honor of the 25th anniv of that beatdown the Sooners chould do it again.

We actually hung 77 on them in 1986. I was at that game, and was a sophomore at OU that year.....

OUEngr1990
1/8/2011, 11:35 PM
I don't want that to be a "key word". We're OKLAHOMA, and we are MORE than our home game winning streak, for crying out loud. Missouri has some good years, yes. But compared to Oklahoma, all Mizzou is, is a blind squirrel finding a nut every so often.

Our key word is SOONERS. **** MO up, down, sideways and backwards. Hang half a hundred on 'em and send 'em home cryin'.

Well, being SOONERS sure didn't help us much in COLUMBUS or COLLEGE STATION this year. lol :pop:

Sooner_Tuf
1/9/2011, 06:06 PM
Prepare to get crushed next year. You never play OU well in Norman. You're losing a ton of players, it's going to be ugly. That is all. :cool:

Kickazz and all this time I didn't even know you were on the team :eek:

soonerloyal
1/9/2011, 07:24 PM
Well, being SOONERS sure didn't help us much in COLUMBUS or COLLEGE STATION this year. lol :pop:

Well, then...since you put it that way, let's just pucker up, roll over and not bother trying to continue the Sooner legacy. We lost, we're doomed, the program is f***ed.
:rolleyes:

stoopified
1/9/2011, 09:54 PM
We win that game 41-24 were it not for the bogus Texas-Tech-in-Lubbutt-style bounce into the endzone TD in the final minute.

Got replay? Then effing use it! So ghey.I was about to mention the same thing.

OUEngr1990
1/9/2011, 10:29 PM
Well, then...since you put it that way, let's just pucker up, roll over and not bother trying to continue the Sooner legacy. We lost, we're doomed, the program is f***ed.
:rolleyes:

You said it not me. This sounds like an argument I would have with my wife. LOL

How about lets take it game by game and see how it goes. Just merely showing up and being "Sooners" isn't gonna cut it. Isn't that what got the longhorn program in trouble? The sense of self entitlement? :rolleyes:

Take it game by game and EARN the respect, just like everyone else has to do...

josh09
1/10/2011, 02:51 PM
I agree with you on the Mizzou side of this, but as for A&M, I'm not so sure. The aggies are graduating only 2 starters on offense, yet there's still a chance that Jeff Fuller could skip his senior season for the NFL. Their defense loses only 3 guys, though one of them is Von Miller, the best player on their D in probably the last 2 or 3 years.

I live in Houston, and visit College Station a lot, and despite their loss in the Cotton Bowl, A&M fans are very excited about what next year could bring. Tannehill has proven that he deserves to be the starting QB, despite looking a little shaky in the bowl game. The fact is, they could have easily won 1 or 2 of the games that they lost if he was starting from the beginning of the year. So IMO, it should be a great game in Norman. We'll see what happens.

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2011, 02:53 PM

If I remember correctly though....Missouri would have been playing for their first national championship had OU not beaten them twice that year!

Missouri was a very good team in 2007....while OU was reloading.

okie52
1/10/2011, 02:59 PM
Mizzou has a lot of people coming back next year even minus Gabbert and Smith. James Franklin will be the QB...he was a highly recruited dual threat and the son of former OU standout Willie Franklin.