PDA

View Full Version : Sooners VS LSU

SoonerinSouthlake
1/8/2011, 10:07 AM
for next years MNC game.

Another home game for them.

Look this thread up in one year and congratulate me for being a genius (or just noticing trends)

and since they are in the game every time its in NO(well, not the '99 season), we will hold forrm and make it back to Miami the following year too.

The Maestro
1/8/2011, 10:10 AM
You very well could be right. I sure hope not cause I hate playing teams for the MNC in their home state (Miami, FSU, LSU, Florida) but that could be the case.

If Ohio State finds a way to win at Miami and hold Michigan State in the 5th game of suspensions for the scolded 5, they have to be in the mix as well.

I assume Oregon will be a mainstay with Chip Kelly leading the way...but they will be at Stanford next year.

OUthunder
1/8/2011, 10:12 AM
Miles to Michigan. If I were him, I'd go. With his stupid luck, he'd own Tressel within 2-3 years. Plus, the LSU fans do not appreciate him one bit. Say what you want about the guy, but he can coach and the guy wins. If he leaves, LSU would be ****ed.

soonervegas
1/8/2011, 10:14 AM
I think we want an SEC team in New Orleans next year, could slay a few dragons at once.

85sooners
1/8/2011, 10:16 AM
F lsu

SoonerinSouthlake
1/8/2011, 10:21 AM
I think we want an SEC team in New Orleans next year, could slay a few dragons at once.

Id think the hometown distributed tickets would cheer for their beloved SEC by default in N.O. should it be someone other than the Tigers

I certianly dont want LSU...just think it'll happen

Id rather see Ohio State

rekamrettuB
1/8/2011, 11:18 AM
I vowed not to go back to a NC game until OU won. Not only is the cost phenomenal, my record is 0-3. OU last won a NC w/ me sitting in the clubhouse of the local country club. Also, I'm going nowhere near LSU fans. They are disgusting.

JLEW1818
1/8/2011, 11:32 AM
i was thinking about this last night as well.

Seamus
1/8/2011, 12:19 PM
I vowed not to go back to a NC game until OU won. Not only is the cost phenomenal, my record is 0-3. OU last won a NC w/ me sitting in the clubhouse of the local country club. Also, I'm going nowhere near LSU fans. They are disgusting.

You need to stay the phook away from OU national title games.

That's not a request.

:D

Okie35
1/8/2011, 12:23 PM
it all depends if Auburn wins/loses

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2011, 12:42 PM
Most of the people here in Tuscaloosa are convinced Alabama will play OU in New Orleans.

I try to remind them that losing your best player on defense, your two-year starting QB, your best wideout, and a Heisman trophy-winning running back aren't a great way to get to a national title the next year.

mainline13
1/8/2011, 01:01 PM
Most of the people here in Tuscaloosa are convinced Alabama will play OU in New Orleans.

I try to remind them that losing your best player on defense, your two-year starting QB, your best wideout, and a Heisman trophy-winning running back aren't a great way to get to a national title the next year.

I guess it's a lot easier to be delusional now, rather than after your first loss.

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2011, 01:15 PM
I guess it's a lot easier to be delusional now, rather than after your first loss.

Yeah, I can't believe those tide fans think they'll make it to the title game against us before they have even stepped on the field. Oh, wait...

:O

allanace16
1/8/2011, 01:27 PM

But who else is going to be great in the SEC?

Ark: No Mallett - down
Aub: No Cam/Fairley - down
UF: not sure the Muschamp/Weis combo's gonna set it on fire year one - probably down, but jury's out
Ole Miss: it's Ole Miss - no threat
Vandy, UK: see above

If Bammer can beat the Fighting Lester's (who they get at home), and survive against Spurrier (SEC CCG) and Mullen, I don't think it's unreasonable to see them in the NC. Assuming Auburn wins and keeps this SEC NC streak going, the SEC champ will get a free pass into the title game, and I don't even think I can argue against that objectively.

edit: guess I forgot about all things Dooley (UGa, UT-east) but that's probably indicative of their threat level too....

rekamrettuB
1/8/2011, 01:49 PM
You need to stay the phook away from OU national title games.

That's not a request.

:D

You don't have to tell me twice.

yermom
1/8/2011, 01:53 PM

ok, so maybe we haven't lost Froze :D

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I can't believe those tide fans think they'll make it to the title game against us before they have even stepped on the field. Oh, wait...

:O

I don't think so. ;)

'Bama stars Ingram, Dareus, Jones entering draft

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama running back Mark Ingram, defensive lineman Marcell Dareus and wide receiver Julio Jones said Friday they are leaving early to the NFL draft.

However, linebacker Dont'a Hightower said he will return for his final year.

Coach Nick Saban said the three departing players were part of a group that's been as successful as any in the nation over three years. Ingram, Dareus and Jones all are projected to be drafted in the first round.

"Each one of these guys, these young men, have made a very good decision based on all the facts that are available to them relative to what their future should be,'' Saban said.

Ingram won the Heisman during Alabama's 2009 national championship season, but was hampered part of this season as he recovered from knee surgery. Ingram said he was leaving Alabama without any regrets.

"It's been the best experience of my life,'' Ingram said during a news conference. "I will always bleed crimson.''

The 6-foot-4, 306-pound Dareus was the star in Alabama's championship win over Texas and had 34 tackles this year as a premier pass rusher. Dareus never expected to be in a position to leave school early for the NFL.

"I had no idea I would have excelled the way I did,'' he said.

Jones led all Crimson Tide receivers with 1,133 yards and seven touchdowns this season, both more than twice as many as 'Bama's No. 2 receiver, Marquis Maze.

Saban indicated more players could be on the way out, but he didn't name names.

"We still have guys who are trying to make decisions,'' he said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/01/07/alabama-draft.ap/index.html#ixzz1ATdG4Y00

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2011, 03:29 PM
Of course I was poking a bit of fun at our fans putting us in the title game before OUr team has taken the field (not even spring practice). But at least our NFL draftable underclassmen are coming back.... ;)

I don't think so. ;)

'Bama stars Ingram, Dareus, Jones entering draft

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama running back Mark Ingram, defensive lineman Marcell Dareus and wide receiver Julio Jones said Friday they are leaving early to the NFL draft.

However, linebacker Dont'a Hightower said he will return for his final year.

Coach Nick Saban said the three departing players were part of a group that's been as successful as any in the nation over three years. Ingram, Dareus and Jones all are projected to be drafted in the first round.

"Each one of these guys, these young men, have made a very good decision based on all the facts that are available to them relative to what their future should be,'' Saban said.

Ingram won the Heisman during Alabama's 2009 national championship season, but was hampered part of this season as he recovered from knee surgery. Ingram said he was leaving Alabama without any regrets.

"It's been the best experience of my life,'' Ingram said during a news conference. "I will always bleed crimson.''

The 6-foot-4, 306-pound Dareus was the star in Alabama's championship win over Texas and had 34 tackles this year as a premier pass rusher. Dareus never expected to be in a position to leave school early for the NFL.

"I had no idea I would have excelled the way I did,'' he said.

Jones led all Crimson Tide receivers with 1,133 yards and seven touchdowns this season, both more than twice as many as 'Bama's No. 2 receiver, Marquis Maze.

Saban indicated more players could be on the way out, but he didn't name names.

"We still have guys who are trying to make decisions,'' he said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/01/07/alabama-draft.ap/index.html#ixzz1ATdG4Y00

85sooners
1/8/2011, 03:46 PM
F saban

Sooner74
1/8/2011, 04:57 PM
Difference is, we know we are good and are finishing the season with a top 10 finish. I would expect us to get better with a majority of our team returning. It is pretty much common sense. Alabama is finishing the year on ok terms and will be losing a lot. They will be hurting next year.

agoo758
1/8/2011, 05:05 PM
I want OUr guys to play LS Shoe in New Orleans, send all of those whiny inbred moronic fan base home crying. Hopefully they'll never leave.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/8/2011, 06:07 PM
I want OUr guys to play LS Shoe in New Orleans, send all of those whiny inbred moronic fan base home crying. Hopefully they'll never leave.

Sort of agree.

on one hand it would be nice to pass out tissues to their fans as the left the building...like one jackass was trying to do to us...
....those were BY FAR, BAR NONE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED the most classless opposing fans I have ever encountered. Before, during and after the game. Itd be great to send em packing in New Orleans

However, like others have mentioned, I so sick of playing for MNC's when the other guys have the home field advantage.

DCsooner22
1/8/2011, 07:25 PM
Sort of agree.
....those were BY FAR, BAR NONE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED the most classless opposing fans I have ever encountered. Before, during and after the game. Itd be great to send em packing in New Orleans

This, this, and... oh yeah... THIS!

If I ever hear "Tiga-bait" again, it will be too soon. We've all heard the stories, many of us have our own - some similar, some unique.

And, I've had some bad run-ins with * and Poke fans, but I have have never - EVER - been treated anywhere near the way we were treated by those - horrible - people. And not just drunk college kids either.

I'd love nothing more than to shove a 77-0 whoopin' up their azzes next year.

sperry
1/8/2011, 07:59 PM
Does Oregon lose anyone? Because the Pac-10 is going to be absolutely atrocious next year again, and the Ducks host Stanford (if they even play at all wiht the new 12 team conference).

I think Ohio State should run the table as well, although they usually manage to choke a game.

OU will be favored in every game, but they play a tough schedule.

Salt City Sooner
1/8/2011, 08:07 PM
Does Oregon lose anyone? Because the Pac-10 is going to be absolutely atrocious next year again, and the Ducks host Stanford (if they even play at all wiht the new 12 team conference).

I think Ohio State should run the table as well, although they usually manage to choke a game.

Stanford-Oregon is @ Stanford next year. The Ducks also play LSU @ Jerryworld & @ Arizona in their first 3 games (Nevada @ UO is sandwiched in between).

meoveryouxinfinity
1/8/2011, 08:50 PM

The PAC 10 will be atrocious? What about the Big 12? Seriously, we better hope Texas gets 10 wins.

JLEW1818
1/9/2011, 12:20 PM
so i guess gameday is already set for week 1 then. LSU-Oregon in Jerry World

stoopified
1/9/2011, 01:19 PM
Miles to Michigan. If I were him, I'd go. With his stupid luck, he'd own Tressel within 2-3 years. Plus, the LSU fans do not appreciate him one bit. Say what you want about the guy, but he can coach and the guy wins. If he leaves, LSU would be ****ed.Les is such a p.rick that nobody appreciates him, not osu,lsu,or Michigan.

texaspokieokie
1/9/2011, 01:25 PM
Les is such a p.rick that nobody appreciates him, not osu,lsu,or Michigan.

OU folks should appreciate him. he took a huge dump on osu.

he's done well @ lsu, maybe not well enuff for lsu fans, but who else cares.

i don't care about him, one way or another.

i have a friend that's a hs coach in LA & he said his dealings with les were very pleasant.

seems like a jovial doofus, but smart enuff to make millions.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2011, 01:31 PM
Whether it was Les or his staff, LSU whipped aTm based on superior coaching. They made the aTm defense look stupid by chasing every influence or mis-direction play and opening huge lanes for the RBs or separation for the receivers. Jefferson did play well for LSU, but aTm made it easy for him in a lot of cases.

kevpks
1/9/2011, 01:45 PM

The QB doesn't matter. They'll just plug in another guy with that Bama haircut and have him manage the game.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bama%20combover

Bama combover
A male haircut characterized by long bangs, combed to the right side of one's head so that half of the bangs come down the forehead, while the other half rests on the scalp. Often covered by a visor.

Named for every Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback since the beginning of forever that has sported the haircut. See Greg McElroy, Joe Namath, Brodie Croyle, John Parker Wilson, etc.
McElroy is really rockin that Bama combover. What a ******.

Yeah, him and the rest of the offensive line. Must've cost them a whole $6.50 to get a haircut like that.

see: alabama crimson tide haircut ******y *********gery
by UGADave Sep 25, 2010

Frozen Sooner
1/9/2011, 01:51 PM
The QB doesn't matter. They'll just plug in another guy with that Bama haircut and have him manage the game.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bama%20combover

Yeah, dude. I live here. You don't have to tell me about the Bama bangs.

cleller
1/9/2011, 08:01 PM
Those away games at Fla State and Stillwater are getting my attention first.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/9/2011, 08:27 PM
Those away games at Fla State and Stillwater are getting my attention first.

Didnt say itd be easy. ;)

SoonerinSouthlake
6/25/2011, 03:50 PM
Bump

Just sayin
199 days till that game

agoo758
6/25/2011, 06:15 PM
Bring on LSU. I want those beat those jackasses in the ground. :mad:

icmwhOU72
6/25/2011, 10:18 PM
How bout OU nebraska for the NC. They win the big 10 title game and go undefeated and get in over a 1 loss sec champ and play undefeated and undisputed number 1 OU

TahoeSOONER
6/26/2011, 07:45 AM
How bout OU nebraska for the NC. They win the big 10 title game and go undefeated and get in over a 1 loss sec champ and play undefeated and undisputed number 1 OU

That would be a hell of a game atmosphere and it would match a LSU home game for the Nat'l title.

I would like another shot at LSU personally but it's all gravy as long as OU gets there, bring anyone.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/26/2011, 08:48 AM

Wow...I hadn't even thought of that... I really like it though

Neath a Western Sky
6/26/2011, 12:03 PM
Bring on LSU. I want those beat those jackasses in the ground. :mad:
In my opinion, beating LSU/SEC for the MNC in their backyard, amidst a Super Dome full of their drunken lowlife fans, would be the signature win in all of Oklahoma Football history. Audacious task and accomplishment. How epic would be the run up to it.

SoonerofAlabama
6/26/2011, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't care who we play. As long as we first get there, and second win it. Several storylines could play out. Would make great news coverage if some happened. Like if we played LSU, they would talk about 2003. If we played Nebraska, they would talk about how we were longtime rivals and about them leaving the Big XII. If we played Alabama or somehow Oregon, they would talk about several years ago when we played them. All kinds of things could happen, first comes Tulsa, though.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/23/2011, 09:11 AM
well....I was wrong

but I shouldnt be...we had it....a clear path

Im FEEELIN MMMMMMMMMMMIGHTY LLLLLLOOW this mornin