PDA

View Full Version : best (greasiest) cheeseburger in wichita????

ouwino
1/7/2011, 02:18 PM
my son will be coming home on leave in a few days from afghan. we will be picking him up at the airport in Wichita. just talked to him on the phone, and he said the first thing he wanted when he got off the plane in wichita was a big old greasy cheeseburger. he has been over there for 9 months and has not had a burger since he left.

one other requirement.... the establishment needs to sell beer.

and please, i am not familiar with wichita.... i will need directions from the airport to the cheeseburger.

thanks sooners.

bmjlr
1/7/2011, 02:43 PM
The Oasis is where I would take him. It is a bar and looks like a hole in the wall, but the burgers are big. Oh and they do sell beer. They also have pool tables, darts, etc. This is the place the Arnold Palmer and Harrison Ford eat when they get their planes worked on. It is about 5-7 minutes from the airport. Please let me know if you want me to post directions on here, or email them to you.

And thanks be to your son for serving his country and keeping us safe.

sooneraia
1/7/2011, 02:52 PM
The best burgers would be at Ty's diner, but alas, no beer.

bmjlr
1/7/2011, 02:55 PM
The best burgers would be at Ty's diner, but alas, no beer.

I agree, they are great, but the beer factor is why I mentioned The Oasis.

ouwino
1/7/2011, 04:06 PM
The Oasis is where I would take him. It is a bar and looks like a hole in the wall, but the burgers are big. Oh and they do sell beer. They also have pool tables, darts, etc. This is the place the Arnold Palmer and Harrison Ford eat when they get their planes worked on. It is about 5-7 minutes from the airport. Please let me know if you want me to post directions on here, or email them to you.

And thanks be to your son for serving his country and keeping us safe.

please, send me directions. sounds like the spot.

thank you.

bmjlr
1/7/2011, 04:29 PM
PM Sent...never sent one before, so hopefully I did it right.

Good luck and enjoy your son and the burgers...hamburgers that is. :D

Memtig14
1/7/2011, 04:37 PM
Why not share???

:)

ouwino
1/7/2011, 07:10 PM
the place bm suggested sounded like a cool place to go. i appreciate the info. i really do. however, i googled it, read some reviews and they said it is not a good place to take a child. and we will have a 3 year old with us. so i think i better not do that at this time.

i really appreciate the suggestion however.

does anyone else have any other ideas?????

SoonerstuckinKansas
1/7/2011, 07:20 PM
Without a doubt Ty's is the place to go for a great, greasy burger! It's located at 2nd and Seneca. Just a block to the north is Merle's, a bar/restaurant where you can take the little one and enjoy beer, too! Merle's is the kind of place that's more restuarant during the day, and more of a bar atmosphere in the evening.
FYI - Ty's is closed on Sundays.

stoopified
1/7/2011, 07:30 PM
My advice is get the heck out of Wichita,and get back to God's country for a burger.

Dan Thompson
1/7/2011, 07:36 PM
Go to Google Maps and enter

Oasis near Wichita, KS

It is located on Maple St just NE of the Airport.

SoonerPride93
1/7/2011, 08:03 PM
Timbuktu in Andover is the best burger place around. Its won a **** ton of awards and is a small little bar. Just get on 13th and head east and youll run right into it. Thats where my buddies and i always go.

Also Sport Burger is really good buts its the size of my closet and doesnt sell beer(im only 17 so it doesnt matter)

OUHOMER
1/7/2011, 08:06 PM
There is a place just north of the airport about 6 blks on the right side.
I cant remember the name but i remember the burger.

damn it, i wish i could remember.. I will keep thinking of it. Oh yea home made fries. more than I could eat...

OUHOMER
1/7/2011, 08:13 PM
Bionic burger wichita ks ,660 N Ridge Rd # 101 Wichita, KS 67212 - (316) 945-3838

straight north of the airport...

nothing fancy inside, but good greasy burger

16 reviews

olevetonahill
1/7/2011, 08:15 PM
Dont Know jack **** about Wichita, But Id Buy him that Burger and beer.
Give him a Big old Welcome Home from Me

I remember well my last month in Nam. I dreamed of a Cheese Burger, Fries and a Strawberry Milk shake. Got one to as soon as I could find a place when I got back to the "World"

MyT Oklahoma
1/7/2011, 09:57 PM
I have no idea where to go in Wichita for a greasy burger but I do agree with please thanking your son on behalf of all of us.

SoonerBorn85
1/7/2011, 10:16 PM
Check out Bomber Burger. It's the biggest, greasiest burger I've ever had. It's a little hole in the wall near McConnell Air Force Base.

Sooner_Tuf
1/8/2011, 02:23 AM
my son will be coming home on leave in a few days from afghan. we will be picking him up at the airport in Wichita. just talked to him on the phone, and he said the first thing he wanted when he got off the plane in wichita was a big old greasy cheeseburger. he has been over there for 9 months and has not had a burger since he left.

one other requirement.... the establishment needs to sell beer.

and please, i am not familiar with wichita.... i will need directions from the airport to the cheeseburger.

thanks sooners.

I don't know much about Wichita anymore but Boomer Sooner to you and your son!

yermom
1/8/2011, 03:58 AM
Wichita isn't THAT far from O'Connell's :D

GDC
1/8/2011, 04:04 AM
Dont Know jack **** about Wichita, But Id Buy him that Burger and beer.
Give him a Big old Welcome Home from Me

I endorse this comment from my good friend, welcome back and thanks!

swardboy
1/8/2011, 06:46 AM
Hey let us know how the burger thing went down. And I salute your son for his service and his taste in food!!!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/8/2011, 08:09 AM
the place bm suggested sounded like a cool place to go. i appreciate the info. i really do. however, i googled it, read some reviews and they said it is not a good place to take a child. and we will have a 3 year old with us. so i think i better not do that at this time.

i really appreciate the suggestion however.

does anyone else have any other ideas?????

Simple solution. Go to Ty's for the burger. But, have an ice chest of cold beers ready for the ride from the airport. Woo Hoo!