PDA

View Full Version : Stanford and Mike Leach....

SpankyNek
1/7/2011, 10:32 AM
seems like it would be a marriage made in heaven.

Not sure there could ever be a better fit between head coach and team that I can remember.

The cerebral Leach would love having some Luck (and some smart kids to challenge...on the field and in the classroom)

humblesooner
1/7/2011, 10:37 AM
Leach could even double as the band director. Save the trees some cash and carry on the tradition.

badger
1/7/2011, 10:39 AM
Harbaugh's a good fit there because he stands up to the jock schools ("What's your deal?"). Leach would be a good fit for the same reason.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 10:39 AM
The Stanford band is student directed. But I agree that if Leach became the band director, they would still be without adult supervision.

Red October
1/7/2011, 11:08 AM
Leach is holding out for the Penn State job...

rekamrettuB
1/7/2011, 11:39 AM
He (Leach) would have to learn an entire new system.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 11:42 AM
Leach anywhere, anytime, is a good deal. I want him back sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo badly.

yermom
1/7/2011, 11:44 AM
The Stanford band is student directed. But I agree that if Leach became the band director, they would still be without adult supervision.

he would just encourage them. that would be great.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 11:44 AM
Leach anywhere, anytime, is a good deal. I want him back sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo badly.

Stoops + Leach == oil + water second time around (IMO, of course)

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 11:46 AM
Stoops + Leach == oil + water second time around (IMO, of course)

Standford (oil) + Leach (Lit Match) = Boom, see ya in the endzone.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 11:48 AM
Standford (oil) + Leach (Lit Match) = Boom, see ya in the endzone.

Stanford was pretty good on D this year, but there is still no 'd' in Stanford ;)

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 11:49 AM
Stanford was pretty good on D this year, but there is still no 'd' in Stanford ;)

I could lie and say i know that, but i obviously wasnt paying attention.

badger
1/7/2011, 11:55 AM
he would just encourage them. that would be great.

One thing though - I think he's Mormon. He did undergrad at BYU, so even if he isn't, the wife he met there likely is, so not sure he's very fond of the Stanford band after what they did to satire polygamy.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 12:23 PM
One thing though - I think he's Mormon. He did undergrad at BYU, so even if he isn't, the wife he met there likely is, so not sure he's very fond of the Stanford band after what they did to satire polygamy.

Are all of his wives Mormon? (Sorry, that was too easy)

yermom
1/7/2011, 12:26 PM
:D

badger
1/7/2011, 12:35 PM
Are all of his wives Mormon? (Sorry, that was too easy)

I'm not sure how our resident Mormons would take that, but apparently his ONLY wife (that I am aware of, hehehehe) was supportive of his strange, quirky decision to go into football after getting his Pepperdine law degree, although apparently the parents-in-law freaked out. I'd have to say that coaching football was probably more lucrative and fun than lawyering

... and now, thanks to ESPN and James, he gets to do a bit of both :eek:

Soonerjeepman
1/7/2011, 01:16 PM
"Pirates function as a team. There were a lot of castes and classes in England at the time. But with pirates, it didn't matter if you were black, white, rich or poor. The object was to get a treasure. If the captain did a bad job, you could just overthrow him. ”

—Mike Leach

not to steal your sig OUDavid...

BUT I find this quote quite amusing and ironic...I really like Leach..I'm a non-est type of guy as well sometimes ...

one of his "pirates" the james kid....(well daddy more or less) didn't like the way the Capt..(Leach) was running the show..and overthrew him...

Good luck to him...

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure how our resident Mormons would take that...

They have their own TV shows now, I'd think they'd be good with it.

soonerloyal
1/7/2011, 01:34 PM
Hey, whatever happened to that James kid?

9Pt_FWyIjvk

Position: Tight End
2010 Stats: 2 catches/26 yards.

TUSooner
1/7/2011, 01:35 PM
Leach could even double as the band director. Save the trees some cash and carry on the tradition.

Beat me to it. :mad: :D

I was gonna say he'd be a perfect fit for the band if not the football team.

usaosooner
1/7/2011, 01:39 PM
Leach at coaching again till his lawsuit is settled.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 02:05 PM
Hey, whatever happened to that James kid?

9Pt_FWyIjvk

Position: Tight End
2010 Stats: 2 catches/26 yards.

heh, how'd that work out for ya???

cleller
1/7/2011, 03:51 PM
The Adam James vid deserves its own thread. What a season!

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 03:53 PM

AGREED x1000

rekamrettuB
1/7/2011, 04:03 PM

Come on guys...give him a break. He's concussion prone.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 04:05 PM
Come on guys...give him a break. He's concussion prone.

to the shed with him!

KantoSooner
1/7/2011, 04:43 PM
Well, if he was faking before, he certainly has a concussion after that first hit vs. Texas.

What a turd.

StoopTroup
1/7/2011, 04:57 PM
Leach couldn't Coach a bunch of Hillybilly Millionaires to move to Beverly.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/7/2011, 05:05 PM
I was a huge believer that he was a "shoe-in" at Miami. Now after being passed over for that, and even Maryland, I wondering if anyone wants to take on the Mike Leach headache.

I know he can make a program respectable....but filing a law suit against your current employer isnt exactly the type of thing that makes other Athletic Directors and School Presidents add you to their short list.

badger
1/7/2011, 05:09 PM
to the shed with him!

Let's make him wear Texas Tech clothing to practice too!

KantoSooner
1/7/2011, 05:27 PM
Thought I'd trundle over to Urban Dictionary and find out what the words, "Adam Craig" really mean:

adam craig
to bitch out or pull out of an event or gathering
"man, i feel lazy tonight i think im going to adam craig"

Sooner_Tuf
1/7/2011, 07:26 PM

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (The Mormon Church) does not condone polygamy. In fact they excommunicated anyone that practice it and has since 1890, well over 100 years now.

I know it's a funny stereotype but it isn't based in fact. I have no idea how serious a church goer Mile Leach is but i suspect he isn't a regular.