PDA

View Full Version : whornfans solid gold hit

auto
1/7/2011, 09:36 AM
These brokedicks are full on swimming in orange kool-aid. Just a gem from the thread.:D :D :texan:

Referencing recommending Coach Puff to Florida

"I think his plan will back fire in his face. It woke a slumbering giant in the form of Mack Brown. Now that he no longer has the albatross of a HCIW breathing down his neck, he is circling the wagons and going out and getting some awesome new coaches. Once the spring cleaning is complete, there will be a shiny new ***-kicking machine. In the end, there will be no doubt about MB's legacy. I love it. I can't wait for next season to get here. There are going to be some fired up MF's both on the field and in the stands."

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6319873&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

bmjlr
1/7/2011, 09:55 AM
:pop:

KantoSooner
1/7/2011, 10:02 AM
The thing is: he could be right. Mudchump was a terrible disruption this past season and is responsible for a major chunk of UT's woes. (personally, I dislike the whole HCIW dealio unless you're talking about an assistant who's been around a long time and is fully invested in the current regime. It's just bound to cause internal dissension.) A new staff may very well be able to put a better team on the field than this season.

humblesooner
1/7/2011, 10:17 AM
Funny. I was under the impression that the HCIW idea was at least partially Mack's idea, or at the very least that he endorsed it. Now the "albatross" is gone from around his neck???
Koolaid is the only way to describe this.

OUmillenium
1/7/2011, 10:56 AM
Texass = fail
without a miracle working qb who makes plays with his feet

Jacie
1/7/2011, 11:00 AM
Texass = fail
without a miracle working qb who makes plays with his feet

Under the direction of the former OC, that statement is true. However, it would be difficult for them to hire someone as myopic as Greg Davis. The new coach in the booth will make use of the talent that is always there and get more of the pegs in the correct holes.

KantoSooner
1/7/2011, 11:03 AM
Funny. I was under the impression that the HCIW idea was at least partially Mack's idea, or at the very least that he endorsed it. Now the "albatross" is gone from around his neck???
Koolaid is the only way to describe this.

I think Mack did endorse it. I think Mack is essentially an honest man and expected WM to play ball since he was getting a guaranteed HC position at a top flight football school.
WM turned out to be a major league a-hole/prima donna/self centered prick and decided to destroy the program if he couldn't have his cookies NOW.

As much as I enjoyed watching UT's grinding failure this year, I am hopeful WM can destroy Florida as well and then fade into frustrated/humiliated obscurity, only to rise once more to national prominence with a Peewee Herman style morals conviction in around 2018. And then skidrow.

I am not his biggest fan.

MamaMia
1/7/2011, 11:06 AM
I hope they win enough games to keep Mack around, but not enough that Mack wants to leave yet.

proudsoonergal
1/7/2011, 11:41 AM
A new staff may very well be able to put a better team on the field than this season.

Couldn't get much worse. :D

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 11:43 AM
These brokedicks are full on swimming in orange kool-aid. Just a gem from the thread.:D :D :texan:

Referencing recommending Coach Puff to Florida

"I think his plan will back fire in his face. It woke a slumbering giant in the form of Mack Brown. Now that he no longer has the albatross of a HCIW breathing down his neck, he is circling the wagons and going out and getting some awesome new coaches. Once the spring cleaning is complete, there will be a shiny new ***-kicking machine. In the end, there will be no doubt about MB's legacy. I love it. I can't wait for next season to get here. There are going to be some fired up MF's both on the field and in the stands."

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6319873&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

you went 5-7, no **** Sherlock.

stoopified
1/7/2011, 02:31 PM
I hope they win enough games to keep Mack around, but not enough that Mack wants to leave yet.I hope Mack hangs around for at least 4 more years winning 8-9 games a year.Why you ask?Because- 1) that means that we will more than likely win foure more RRS(for a streak of 5), and i@) It would move Mack ahead of benedict Royal. I think it would be funny if they changed the stadium name to Royal-Brown .That would amuse me on many levels.

Okie35
1/7/2011, 02:37 PM
I hope they win enough games to keep Mack around, but not enough that Mack wants to leave yet.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8500/mack.gif

i want to see a lot more "its ok, we'll get it next time" claps

Cornfed
1/7/2011, 02:45 PM
I think Mack is essentially an honest man

Here is where I believe you are mistaken, he keeps Muschamp there with the illusion of HCIW.

KantoSooner
1/7/2011, 02:51 PM
I could stand being wrong on that point. I'd still tend to put him on the 'essentially decent, but stupid' side of the ledger.

fwsooner22
1/7/2011, 03:01 PM
As long as they don't have a QB it doesn't matter who they hire. From what I observed they still don't have QB on campus. That is quite OK with me.

NormanPride
1/7/2011, 03:14 PM
No QB, WRs that are overrated, no RBs, and an OL that is lazy and stupid means bad things for the offense no matter who coaches it.

soonerchk
1/7/2011, 03:20 PM
I think Mack did endorse it. I think Mack is essentially an honest man and expected WM to play ball since he was getting a guaranteed HC position at a top flight football school.

Here is where I believe you are mistaken, he keeps Muschamp there with the illusion of HCIW.

From what I understand, Mack was telling his staff that he would step down at the end of the 2010 season, and then he backed out. So no, he was not being honest.

And MamaMia is dead on, I hope they keep Mack forever. I'm hoping he'll find a way to hire back Greg Robinson, and I will continue to mourn the loss of GD. :(

Soonerwake
1/7/2011, 04:08 PM
No QB, WRs that are overrated, no RBs, and an OL that is lazy and stupid means bad things for the offense no matter who coaches it.

"Fat, lazy, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

SunnySooner
1/7/2011, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this year was the beginning of another Sooner streak--we win the next 3 or 4, it's just how the universe operates.

OU_Sooners75
1/7/2011, 05:58 PM
The thing is: he could be right. Mudchump was a terrible disruption this past season and is responsible for a major chunk of UT's woes. (personally, I dislike the whole HCIW dealio unless you're talking about an assistant who's been around a long time and is fully invested in the current regime. It's just bound to cause internal dissension.) A new staff may very well be able to put a better team on the field than this season.

#6 total defense. #49 scoring defense....

It was not their defense that was the cause for their down fall. Try their inept offense with no Colt McCoy or Vince Young running it!

SoonerinSouthlake
1/7/2011, 06:06 PM
From what I understand, Mack was telling his staff that he would step down at the end of the 2010 season, and then he backed out. So no, he was not being honest.
(

I havent heard that anywhere. Its somewhat believable, just havent heard anything like it

where did you hear that?

Sooner_Tuf
1/7/2011, 07:17 PM
I havent heard that anywhere. Its somewhat believable, just havent heard anything like it

where did you hear that?

It has been SPECULATED that Mack would step down after this year. That version has been all over the internet and ESPN for a couple of months. I don't believe any of the principal parties has stated as much.

soonerchk
1/7/2011, 07:19 PM

where did you hear that?

Actually heard it from a couple of * alums, one of whom is fairly connected.

BigJerm7
1/7/2011, 07:24 PM
Slumbering giant and legacy are 2 words that I would not associate with Mack Brown. WTF has he done to create a legacy?

The only QB threat I see them having is Demarco Cobbs, but he redshirted last year and I'm not even sure they recruited him to play QB.