PDA

View Full Version : I don't care if lurking 'Horn fans mark this thread...

Tear Down This Wall
1/7/2011, 12:58 AM
...Harsin and Diaz are joke hires. Really. That's the best Texas can do? Coordinators from Middle Tennessee and Boise State?

(Yes, I know Diaz spent ONE season at Mississippi State. That's not much more impressive to me than MTSU. Really.)

Mack may as well have hired a hot dog with relish and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We will steamroll these frauds while Mack begins the Bowden cart ride into slow retirement.

sooner59
1/7/2011, 01:00 AM
Works for me. However, I don't look for them to be down for long.

soonergirlNeugene
1/7/2011, 01:22 AM
Works for me. However, I don't look for them to be down for long.

This. They simply have too much money/interest wrapped up in their program to tolerate such fantastic incompetence as we got to witness this year.

budbarrybob
1/7/2011, 01:49 AM
I agree, but this year was one of the best in recent memory with * melting into a puddle of goo

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2011, 01:56 AM
...Harsin and Diaz are joke hires. Really. That's the best Texas can do? Coordinators from Middle Tennessee and Boise State?

(Yes, I know Diaz spent ONE season at Mississippi State. That's not much more impressive to me than MTSU. Really.)

Mack may as well have hired a hot dog with relish and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We will steamroll these frauds while Mack begins the Bowden cart ride into slow retirement.As long as Mack is HC at the cows, I have no complaints.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2011, 01:58 AM
I agree, but this year was one of the best in recent memory with * melting back into the Primordial Ooze that is their station in life.FIFY

mojohornfan
1/7/2011, 06:08 AM
Meet our new S&C coach....you guys are in trouble. He's gonna make us lift weights...REALLY heavy ones. So look out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvtWug9yYAs

:D

soonercastor
1/7/2011, 07:36 AM
Good hires IMO.

dwarthog
1/7/2011, 08:19 AM
Meet our new S&C coach....you guys are in trouble. He's gonna make us lift weights...REALLY heavy ones. So look out.

Looks to be of a little different type than your last S&C coach.

Results remain to be seen though. Even lifting really heavy weights.... :)

EatLeadCommie
1/7/2011, 08:27 AM
Who was their last S&C coach?

Widescreen
1/7/2011, 08:53 AM
Fat Albert. And the team played like the Cosby kids.

NOVSooner
1/7/2011, 08:53 AM
regardless of where he is from Diaz is a good coach and good hire IMO. i know michighan sucks but they held robinson to 14 yards rushing the final 3 quarters of that bowl game. he may not have been their #1 target but Diaz can coach.

SoonerNutt
1/7/2011, 09:37 AM
This. They simply have too much money/interest wrapped up in their program to tolerate such fantastic incompetence as we got to witness this year.

Agreed. Plus, they don't have to have "great" assistant coaches. They will typically have great talent, and average coaches who are all on the same page will do well there. It takes a clusterf*ck coaching staff to mess that up, and that's what they've had ever since Muschamp decided to wage political warfare on all the other coaches he didn't like.

However, it falls on Mack that he didn't control the situation. Can he step up and re-assert his authority now? We'll see, but I think it probably benefits him a little bit that the coaches he brought in aren't already "superstars" with the ego that comes along with that. He has to be the man, and the assistants need to toe the line.

cleller
1/7/2011, 09:49 AM
Diaz was at a lightly regarded school, and fielded a good defense. Muschamp was at a highly regarded school and fielded at horrible defense.

Boise State has a good offense. Much better than Texas.

Sounds logical to me.

rekamrettuB
1/7/2011, 09:50 AM
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!

Tear Down This Wall
1/7/2011, 10:18 AM
regardless of where he is from Diaz is a good coach and good hire IMO. i know michighan sucks but they held robinson to 14 yards rushing the final 3 quarters of that bowl game. he may not have been their #1 target but Diaz can coach.

So, he can coach against teams who know their head coach is being fired. Hooray.

Mississippi State was 1-4 versus ranked teams in 2010. In back-to-back weeks in November, Alabama and Arkansas hung 30 and 38 on the Bulldogs. We will run circles around this clown Diaz.

And, Harsin will be the latest Boise State fraud to discover coaching in the big leagues week after week is far different than coaching in the WAC. He can ask Dirk Koetter, Dan Hawkins, and the monkey boy who jumped to Tennessee as DC last year.

I am thrilled with the Longhorn hires; just surprised that they couldn't do better.

Harsin = HDR, hot dog with relish
Diaz = PBJ, peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Duckfoot licking oyster prawns.

SpankyNek
1/7/2011, 10:27 AM

Congrats on hiring someone that will require players to work.

Good luck on continuing to recruit 5* talent and not running guys off when they realize they have to do so.

How long was this guy at Tennessee? I don't remember them being all-world in Knoxville.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 10:29 AM
Doesn't matter where they coached - only how they coached. Beside, Boise has fielded top teams for most of 5 years now. BSU has run an offense many on this board envy; pro-style power running mixed with throwing the ball downfield. Let's just hope Harsin wasn't the real brains behind it and/or it takes a couple seasons to get it worked out.

trueou
1/7/2011, 10:31 AM
I think both of those hires are quite decent. Actually they are a little risky for a typical Texas hire but nonetheless could be really good coordinators. It would be reasonable to expect a one season and maybe part of two season adjustment period. But by the end of next season, Texas could be quite good once again. I hope not but we will see.

There is nothing in these hires that causes me to fear that the Sooners can't get our share of wins in the RRS games.

Tear Down This Wall
1/7/2011, 10:56 AM
Doesn't matter where they coached - only how they coached. Beside, Boise has fielded top teams for most of 5 years now. BSU has run an offense many on this board envy; pro-style power running mixed with throwing the ball downfield. Let's just hope Harsin wasn't the real brains behind it and/or it takes a couple seasons to get it worked out.

If many people on this board envied Boise State running through their WAC competition week after week then we have, arguably, one of the most ignorant fan bases in the history of American college football.

HDR's magic bean offense won't do jack in the Big 12-2.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 10:59 AM
If many people on this board envied Boise State running through their WAC competition week after week then we have, arguably, one of the most ignorant fan bases in the history of American college football.

HDR's magic bean offense won't do jack in the Big 12-2.

Did you really watch any of BSU's games or just watch the ESPN replay of the trick plays? Their scheme is solid and would work anywhere with the right talent and coaching. Much more so than the Greg Davis must-have-VY-or-Colt schemes.

Tear Down This Wall
1/7/2011, 12:03 PM
Did you really watch any of BSU's games or just watch the ESPN replay of the trick plays? Their scheme is solid and would work anywhere with the right talent and coaching. Much more so than the Greg Davis must-have-VY-or-Colt schemes.

We will see. I saw his offense scrape by a losing 2009 Tulsa Hurricane squad. Not impressed.

The Big 12-2 ain't WAC, baby. He'll find out the same way Koetter, Hawkins, and the defensive coordinator who helped Tennessee go 0-5 against ranked teams in the SEC found out.

Like I said, I'm happy Texas is settling for non-AQ quality coordinators. It fits with their current tanking. They can battle out the The Big 12-2 cellar with Baylor and Kansas from now until Mack wheels off to Bobby Bowdenland.

You can't shine up poop.

Scott D
1/7/2011, 12:05 PM

Only reason Robinson was in the game so much in the second half is that Forcier was sent back to Ann Arbor. I'm sure being down by 30 didn't help Robinson's running game either ;)