PDA

View Full Version : Blackmon..

THE-JROD
1/6/2011, 11:32 PM
Anyone know or hear if he has declared or not?

Breadburner
1/6/2011, 11:44 PM
No...Its causing them to kill baby sheep on Op....

THE-JROD
1/6/2011, 11:45 PM
Heh, i bet them fukrs are goin nuts!! I hope he goes just so we can see the decline in population over there :D

2121Sooner
1/6/2011, 11:47 PM
My source says he is going into the draft.....

THE-JROD
1/6/2011, 11:49 PM
Ohhhhh shyt, he we go with sources again lol

2121Sooner
1/6/2011, 11:52 PM
Not sources PLURAL......and single source..

Nobody knows what these kids are gonna do. They are gonna see who lines up and who hangs back. Find out where they are gonna go and then make the financial decision accordingly.

Look at Luck not coming out. How much did THAT change who was coming out etc?

Blackmon needs to stay with the QB, because I like watching him play and nothing is sweeter than beating the Pokes when they have some really good talent on the team.

SoonerLB
1/6/2011, 11:56 PM
Go! The neffel is short on prima dona ****s. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2011, 11:58 PM
I declared that c11 likes gettin his butt lovin from jrod

ouwasp
1/6/2011, 11:58 PM
Unlike Sittler and the other sportwriters that drool at the prospect of two top 8 preseason teams instate, my desire is for the pokes to be very bad.... now and forever.

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 12:00 AM
I declared that c11 likes gettin his butt lovin from jrod

Heh, you have no sources...I have one that declines that you declared!

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:11 AM
Jrod is drunk ^

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:12 AM
my source says that STEP loves sno balls

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 12:18 AM
Jrod is drunk ^

Your point?

thecynic
1/7/2011, 12:20 AM
I think Blackmon should go, if you're first round, gtfo. I think Luck is a fool. I hope it works out.

Wonder if him staying makes Landry think about going out?

naaah

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:29 AM
So Luck is a fool? Did that make Bradford a fool? Its ok to love your school and your team and your teammates and not care so much about money.

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 12:31 AM
C11, you left out the fact of getting your degree before headin out!! By the way, check ur fukn phone!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 12:34 AM
Luck doesn't need the money now...Not like he is a kid coming from nothing...His family is well off, he s just going to enjoy another year of being a college student

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:35 AM
ur such a girl

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 12:37 AM
you hate girls and love boys

thecynic
1/7/2011, 12:39 AM
No it obviously worked out for Bradford, but it didn't for Jake Locker. There are tons of examples that it didn't work out for. It goes both ways I know, but crap happens, you can get your degree later. If you can get paid now, get paid now. It may not be there later.

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:41 AM
how do you know what his motivations are, what he truly cares about...kinda harsh to call someone a fool for doing something they love

thecynic
1/7/2011, 12:43 AM
I don't care what his motivations are and I didn't say I knew what they were. He's leaving tons of money on the table that may not be there next year.

sorry I was so harsh. in my opinion he is effing up.

feel better?

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:45 AM
No, you are assuming that he gives a sh*t about money...not everyone values money like you seem to.

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 12:48 AM
^This

sooner59
1/7/2011, 12:52 AM
I think Luck will be fine and probably go #1 next year, however, I doubt Bradford would have stayed if Bob left to the NFL. But hey, if you like college, I see nothing wrong with waiting a year.

On the other hand, if the collective bargaining agreements end with NBA-like rookie salaries (not likely), then ouch.

sooner59
1/7/2011, 12:53 AM
By the way C11....I'm drunk.

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:56 AM
im tryin

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 01:13 AM
Obviously not hard enough!!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 01:19 AM
not enough boonesfarm

Collier11
1/7/2011, 01:21 AM
appletinis

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 01:26 AM
applepenis

FIFY :D

Collier11
1/7/2011, 01:27 AM
I love D in my B

FIFY :D

THE-JROD
1/7/2011, 01:31 AM
Shyt brotha...how ya know I like Draft in my belly?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2011, 01:51 AM
So Luck is a fool? Did that make Bradford a fool? Its ok to love your school and your team and your teammates and not care so much about money.Luck was just a soph. If he was gonna be #1 pick, I can't imagine why he would turn down $40 million. The usuck and the ducks could beat Stanford next yr...maybe he wants the Heisman. I still can't figure out turning down $40 mill.

Okie35
1/7/2011, 01:57 AM
No it obviously worked out for Bradford, but it didn't for Jake Locker. There are tons of examples that it didn't work out for. It goes both ways I know, but crap happens, you can get your degree later. If you can get paid now, get paid now. It may not be there later.

We don't know that yet. Its for the combine to decide.

Okie35
1/7/2011, 01:59 AM
Luck was just a soph. If he was gonna be #1 pick, I can't imagine why he would turn down $40 million. The usuck and the ducks could beat Stanford next yr...maybe he wants the Heisman. I still can't figure out turning down $40 mill.

He doesn't care. His parents have money. He's a bright kid and obviously loves school. He'll still go #1 next year. If he misses out on money, I'm sure he's cool w/ it. As far as ppl thinking he doesn't want to be on the Panthers, what if they tank next year? He'll still go there.

CowboyMRW
1/7/2011, 02:51 AM
With everyday that passes I think that he's going to declare. Him and his dad met with Gundy today so we'll find out what came of it in the next couple days

redkid
1/7/2011, 12:41 PM
As long as there is an NFL the money will always be there,,your youth,,thats a different story,,enjoy your youth why ya can,,after that its the daily grind called a job,,

TMcGee86
1/7/2011, 12:55 PM
We don't know that yet. Its for the combine to decide.

Exactly. There were tons of people last year at this time saying Bradford had screwed up.

But QB's have a way of working their way back up the draft board as the draft gets closer. Happens every year.

Sooner Suzie
1/7/2011, 01:08 PM
I tend to agree with thecynic. Most mock drafts have him going in the 1st round, one of three receivers that are always mentioned in the first 15-20 selections. Although he could improve his stock next year, his standing is always subject to what the teams are looking for in a particular draft, i.e. it might not improve at all. For his particular case, he'd be better off entering the draft and not risk injury.

NormanPride
1/7/2011, 01:10 PM
Except Locker has never been known as a great passer. He's just a guy that "has all the tools". Whatever the hell that means.

2121Sooner
1/7/2011, 01:38 PM

Jake Locker is a God and 10x the QB that Luck is.

Just listen to Seattle Sports Radio and you would think that was the case. Locker sucks. VY is a better QB than him, and that is saying a lot.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2011, 01:57 PM
He doesn't care. His parents have money. He's a bright kid and obviously loves school. He'll still go #1 next year. If he misses out on money, I'm sure he's cool w/ it. As far as ppl thinking he doesn't want to be on the Panthers, what if they tank next year? He'll still go there.Your dad making $250K per year, versus YOU getting a $40 million contract are two quite different levels of wealth for Luck. You also didn't mention the possibility of personal injury. That would be my thinking. Also, Stanford loses a LOT of starters to graduation, which would re-focus on possibility of personal injury, and less likelihood of a NC, or even a conference championship.

I Am Right
1/7/2011, 02:14 PM
tool

cleller
1/7/2011, 03:45 PM
So anyway...have we decided if Blackmon is going?

If he goes, hopefully Old Man Weeden will decide he might just look worse without Blackmon next year, and try his luck in the draft, too.

Weeden was seen in a Walgreens in Guthrie buying Rogaine and Just For Men recently.

CowboyMRW
1/7/2011, 03:52 PM
So anyway...have we decided if Blackmon is going?

If he goes, hopefully Old Man Weeden will decide he might just look worse without Blackmon next year, and try his luck in the draft, too.

Weeden was seen in a Walgreens in Guthrie buying Rogaine and Just For Men recently.

Blackmon and his dad met with Gundy for a long time yesterday, but no one knows what came of it.

Weeden will probably stay no matter what. He's got money to hold him over. The big knock on him is that he doesn't have much experience playing qb so another year can only do him good.

rekamrettuB
1/7/2011, 03:54 PM
Blackmon and his dad met with Gundy for a long time yesterday, but no one knows what came of it.

Weeden will probably stay no matter what. He's got money to hold him over. The big knock on him is that he doesn't have much experience playing qb so another year can only do him good.

Ya...and it just gets him that much closer to drawing his social security.

85sooners
1/7/2011, 03:57 PM

I don't think weeden is good enough to play in the NFL !

Widescreen
1/7/2011, 04:25 PM
I think Weeden may be fine physically but the fact that he's 27 is a strike against him. He may run into a problem if scouts deem him to be more of a project. He won't have several years to sit on the bench and learn so teams may shy away from drafting him.

CowboyMRW
1/7/2011, 08:10 PM
I think Weeden may be fine physically but the fact that he's 27 is a strike against him. He may run into a problem if scouts deem him to be more of a project. He won't have several years to sit on the bench and learn so teams may shy away from drafting him.

That's what I've heard from a lot of people but they've also said that his body doesn't have the wear and tear on it like a bunch of kids that played all their life. 1 year of college and I think I was told he only played 2 years in HS, so that's not much wear.

CowboyMRW
1/7/2011, 08:11 PM
I don't think weeden is good enough to play in the NFL !

I think he's got it physically and probably mentally, it's the age factor that will catch up with him.

85sooners
1/7/2011, 09:47 PM
We will see......... now blackmon is a different story

thecynic
1/7/2011, 09:49 PM
How many current NFL qb's is Weeden older than?"

ouwasp
1/8/2011, 12:07 AM
I figure weeden will be holding a clipboard in the NFL, whether he declares this yr or not. Does he want to play or get paid?

CowboyMRW
1/8/2011, 12:13 AM
I'd be content making minimum salary holding a clipboard. That's still a whole lot more then most people will make

CowboyMRW
1/8/2011, 12:14 AM
I think Weeden will one day come back and be qb coach and Co-OC for some team, maybe even us

soonergirlNeugene
1/8/2011, 12:14 AM
I would love to see Blackmon over at St. Louis with Sam. He's currently the projected #3 WR taken. Maybe he thinks he can move up that list if he stays in college another year? :confused:

ouwasp
1/8/2011, 12:16 AM
I'd be content making minimum salary holding a clipboard. That's still a whole lot more then most people will make

Exactly! Take the money, Mr. Weeden!

CowboyMRW
1/8/2011, 12:19 AM
Exactly! Take the money, Mr. Weeden!

He's got money and he'll be able to get paid next year also. I think it's in his best to come back and as much as it pains me, it's best for Blackmon to go.

CowboyMRW
1/8/2011, 12:21 AM
I would love to see Blackmon over at St. Louis with Sam. He's currently the projected #3 WR taken. Maybe he thinks he can move up that list if he stays in college another year? :confused:

If he stays he'll be the #1 WR taken but how high will that one go is the million dollar question. Right now it's most likely he'll go at #14 and he could be the #1 target with Sam throwing to him. Blackmon would be a fantasy beast next year

CowboyMRW
1/9/2011, 12:38 AM
Joe Schad tweeted that Blackmon is coming back

Okie35
1/9/2011, 12:41 AM

I figured he would.

kelloggOUballa
1/9/2011, 12:44 AM

Leaning toward coming back...

SanJoaquinSooner
1/9/2011, 12:52 AM
I doubt rookie QBs will get 40 million guaranteed under the new bargaining agreement. In any case, he's not just staying in college, he's staying at Stanford. That's priceless.

cantwait48
1/9/2011, 01:00 AM
blackmon is projected way too high to come back in my opinion, if he does I hope he is not making a mistake. that would be great if he came out and the rams got him

CowboyMRW
1/9/2011, 03:45 AM
If he gets drafted to the Rams, I'm taking him early in FFB draft, because he'll get most of the looks from Sam