PDA

View Full Version : TCU Billboards

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:07 PM
in response to Ohio State President Gordon Gee saying:

"Well, I don't know enough about the Xs and Os of college football. I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools," Gee said. "And so we do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor."

TCU alums put up 8 billboards in Columbus.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5Ak/TSYomjltvNI/AAAAAAAACH4/d5cyfrah_ew/s1600/167362_173873872648110_167314316637399_330007_7635 655_n.jpg

JLEW1818
1/6/2011, 09:13 PM
I'm all for TCU !

SOONER STEAKER
1/6/2011, 09:14 PM
TCU, I remember OU playing the worst game of there lives in Ft. Worth, we block a kick and we beat them in the last 2 minutes of the game, can't remember the year though. TCU may be good enough to beat UW, but OU, OSU, NU and A&M would have kicked your *** this year!! Wanna get a big head, play a BIG BOY outside the Big 10 and the Mountain West and WAC.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:14 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of them but that is hilarious that they did that

JLEW1818
1/6/2011, 09:16 PM
I don't really like comparing victories... but... They did beat Wisconsin who beat Ohio State, who beat Arkansas, who beat LSU who beat Alabama, who beat Florida, who beat Penn State, who beat... ahhh ran out of names off the top of my head :D

Sooner70
1/6/2011, 09:18 PM
Of the two popular "BCS Buster" Teams--TCU and Boise State--my vote would go to TCU. I think they could compete in the SEC, B12, B10, but I do not think they'd survive the SEC season undefeated.

These teams can come up with a stellar game post season, but having to go the grind of tough conference schedule week after week takes a definite toll.

Jacie
1/6/2011, 09:20 PM
TCU, I remember OU playing the worst game of there lives in Ft. Worth, we block a kick and we beat them in the last 2 minutes of the game, can't remember the year though. TCU may be good enough to beat UW, but OU, OSU, NU and A&M would have kicked your *** this year!! Wanna get a big head, play a BIG BOY outside the Big 10 and the Mountain West and WAC.

They did something only one other Division 1 team will do and that is finish undefeated. None of those 13 teams they played laid down for them, well maybe Tennessee Tech did, but everyone else tried to play with em and except for Oregon State, San Diego State and Wisconsin, lost big. They deserve a little chest thumping this year . . .

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:20 PM
TCU was a good team this year, but I feel like there is no way they go undefeated if they play in either of the big 4 conferences this year.

Did they play a team that can pass the ball this year. They got the best matchup for them when they got to play Wisconsin because Wisconsin is built to run and that's TCU's strength on D

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:21 PM
They did something only one other Division 1 team will do and that is finish undefeated. None of those 13 teams they played laid down for them, well maybe Tennessee Tech did, but everyone else tried to play with em and except for Oregon State, San Diego State and Wisconsin, lost big. They deserve a little chest thumping this year . . .

I wouldn't exactly call losing by 2, big

Nm, I understand your post now. I misread it at first

CBUS_SOONER
1/6/2011, 09:22 PM
is that real? If so that is AWESOME

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:24 PM
is that real? If so that is AWESOME

I looked at a bunch of other boards to double check before I posted and they all say the same thing, that this is real.

O/U on when these are destroyed?

CBUS_SOONER
1/6/2011, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. hehehehehe

silverwheels
1/6/2011, 09:33 PM

TCU would smack Nebraska and A&M around this year. Probably OSU, too. I'm not even totally sure that we would beat them.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:37 PM
TCU would smack Nebraska and A&M around this year. Probably OSU, too. I'm not even totally sure that we would beat them.

I think both Oklahoma teams would win. I don't know that TCU has the depth or speed to cover the pass as well and as many times that both teams throw it

Mazeppa
1/6/2011, 09:55 PM

I think you are thinking of the 1998 game. I was there sitting in some real heavy misty rain all game long. Josh Norman recovered an onsides kick to seal the deal.

SoonerDick
1/6/2011, 10:05 PM
TCU loses a lot of players the year. Lets see how good they do next year.

Sooners78
1/7/2011, 09:25 AM
Most of the "experts" thought TCU would have trouble against the power run game of Wisconsin. I was in that camp also. Even in the 2nd quarter, I was predicting a comfortable win by the badgers based on the way they were running the ball. Well, TCU met the challenge and won.

At the end of the season, I thought Wisconsin was good enough to be playing in the MNC. So, now I believe TCU is deserving of the #3 ranking they will finish with.

Soonermagik
1/7/2011, 09:34 AM
It's not that they aren't a solid team. The problem with TCU/ Boise State is it's easy to win one big game a year. It's really hard playing big time programs week in and week out and not slipping up.

Mark_in_Tulsa
1/7/2011, 09:51 AM
It's not that they aren't a solid team. The problem with TCU/ Boise State is it's easy to win one big game a year. It's really hard playing big time programs week in and week out and not slipping up.

Also playing cupcake teams, allows you to rest your starters more, which in turn lowers chance for injuries and gives the under classman experience.

ELP Sooner
1/7/2011, 12:35 PM
Frank Kush spoke about this issue back in the 1970s when Arizona State was looking to gain entrance to the Pac-10. He said that ASU could play with anyone in the country for one game but that they didnt have the depth to play in a major conference and win consistently. I would say that history has proved him to be exactly right.

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2011, 12:36 PM
FTR, Gee never called TCU a cupcake. The billboard is crap.

TMcGee86
1/7/2011, 12:40 PM
Two teams have won in Norman since Stoops got here. TCU is one of them.

They are a good program. I have tons of respect for them.

SoonerPride
1/7/2011, 12:53 PM

I agree.

Dexa
1/7/2011, 03:17 PM
Does anyone think that Stanford will jump TCU for #2 in the final season polls?

TopDawg
1/7/2011, 03:23 PM

The billboard is funny. It might not address exactly what Gee was talking about (Gee was talking about TCU's schedule being bad, the billboard is talking about TCU begin good), but it's still a fun way to get a jab in at Gee and the Buckeyes.

soonerchk
1/7/2011, 03:25 PM
I just heard about this and I snickered. And I'm even an Ohio State fan!

C&CDean
1/7/2011, 03:52 PM
I'm just not sure why it gets at Ohio State. Gee I can see. It ain't like TCU beat the bucknuts.

TopDawg
1/7/2011, 04:17 PM
Well, it's aimed at Gee, no doubt. But I think jabs at Ohio State by also bragging about winning the Rose Bowl (which is where Ohio State would've rather been) and beating the only team that beat Ohio State.

bent rider
1/7/2011, 04:22 PM
That is awesome. They should fly an airplane banner over the mythical national championship game.

I'm not saying that winning the Rose Bowl makes them #1, but they are undefeated and deserve a shot. Without a freaking playoff, TCU, or a team like them, will be left out of the MNC every couple of years. Joining the Big Least improves their chances, but still there are no guarantees, even for an AQ team.

MyT Oklahoma
1/7/2011, 09:46 PM
Give TCU some credit because they won out this year. Good for them.

As for trying to compare teams who didn't play each other in a given year, that's simply wishful thinking. In sports you never really know until the game is played.

sendbaht
1/7/2011, 09:53 PM
wow so funny....

OUthunder
1/8/2011, 10:00 AM
Ohio State is even more arrogant than UT. Personally, it serves them right cuz you know they feel that way.

Jason
1/8/2011, 10:16 AM

Agree. Gee called their schedule crap, which is true. Regardless, TCU is a good team.

CBUS_SOONER
1/8/2011, 10:20 AM
Ohio State is even more arrogant than UT. Personally, it serves them right cuz you know they feel that way.

^^^ this

CBUS_SOONER
1/8/2011, 10:22 AM
terrelle pryor is the perfect buckeye. He represents the majority of their fans. Arrogant, dumb, thinks he is better, trash,etc...

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 11:10 AM
Well, it's aimed at Gee, no doubt. But I think jabs at Ohio State by also bragging about winning the Rose Bowl (which is where Ohio State would've rather been) and beating the only team that beat Ohio State.

+1

SOONER STEAKER
1/10/2011, 06:10 PM
I'll give it up for TCU, they had a great season and finsihed 13-0. We'll put your 13-0 with all of Joe PA.'s 13-0's and we'll see where that get's ya. It'll get ya 2nd/3rd place in this years final polls.

Boomer

mdklatt
1/11/2011, 10:03 PM
It turns out that Little Sisters of the Poor (http://www.littlesistersofthepoor.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:statement-on-little-sisters-of-the-poor-football-joke&catid=32:languages&Itemid=47) is an actual organization. :eek:

Maybe there really is an East Popcorn State?? :D