PDA

View Full Version : As if I needed another reason to hate Tim Tebow

Team Perkis
1/6/2011, 06:13 PM
ESPN, tonight, is airing a Tim Tebow documentary called "Everything in Between". Basically his life story, from his on the field success to his off the field work. Nice inspirational stuff, right? 30 for 30 material, right?

He just finished his rookie year in the NFL, and it wasn't that wonderful for his. He barely played, and, at best, he only played OK. So why is he getting his own documentary? Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford both have done mission trips and devoted a good amount of their time to IAmSecond.com and other religious events. Where are there documentaries?

Everytime I see this guy, all I see is an attention-grabbing, egocentric "star", a Jesus 2.0 if you will. Too many people love this guy, yet I can't see how his lack of humbleness doesn't turn more people off.

NorCal Sooner
1/6/2011, 06:22 PM
Gee, so sorry that I'll be missing that. Not because Flordia beat OU in the MNC, but because I feel Tebow is a self promoting egomaniac and attention whore.

DCsooner22
1/6/2011, 06:26 PM
I just threw up in my mouth....

gaylordfan1
1/6/2011, 06:28 PM
So, did he approach ESPN for the documentary?

winout
1/6/2011, 06:31 PM
Envy comes in crimson.

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 06:34 PM
Jim Baker- Phase II

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 06:35 PM
If that guy likes girls, he's gotten more poontang than every guy that posts on here combined.

With that said, I'll never understand the media/ESPN love fest with him. Great college QB, mediocre NFL backup QB. Do a story on a real NFLer, say Sam Bradford who almost took the Rams from dead last to the playoffs.

Team Perkis
1/6/2011, 06:51 PM
So, did he approach ESPN for the documentary?

Filmed by a friendly friend of Tebow's, approached ESPN to buy and air the project.

Team Perkis
1/6/2011, 06:52 PM
If that guy likes girls, he's gotten more poontang than every guy that posts on here combined.

With that said, I'll never understand the media/ESPN love fest with him. Great college QB, mediocre NFL backup QB. Do a story on a real NFLer, say Sam Bradford who almost took the Rams from dead last to the playoffs.

Frankly, none of them deserve their own documentary yet, but airing one about an NFL QB with 3 starts with a record of 1-2 is a worse offender.

SoonerMom2
1/6/2011, 08:03 PM
Couldn't believe it when I heard it and then flipped over several minutes too soon to the Bowl Game and there he was being drafted. Never have seen anything like this and if ESPN thinks it makes me want to see more, then can pound salt. As for the person up thread who used the words 'crimson' and envy -- what a joke. We have Sam Bradford so what is there to 'envy' about a back-up quarterback that the NFL defenses will pick apart -- even the big radio sports station in Denver has had experts on when I was there saying Tebow is slow, cannot pass, and NFL teams will catch on to him very fast. Will take Sam Bradford over Tebow every day! Class versus arrogance!

Breadburner
1/6/2011, 08:05 PM
[hairGel] "That makes me want to Puke".....!!!!!!!!

8timechamps
1/6/2011, 08:20 PM
Let me start by saying I disliked Tebow as much as anyone while he was a Gator. It didn't help that he led the team that beat us for a national championship.

With that said, I can tell you now that I like the guy.

As a Denver resident (and Bronco fan), I was very disappointed when the Broncos chose to trade away picks to move up and take Tebow in the first round.

And, while the jury is still out on his ability, there is no doubt this guy is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. His teammates rally around him like no other (at least no other in recent Bronco history), and Tebow has already done more for the community than most of the guys that have played for the Broncos in the past 10 years.

While I won't we shouting his name, nor buying a Tebow jersey, I've seen him in a different light.

As for him being an attention demanding egomaniac, I guess I haven't seen that since hes been here. That's not to say it isn't true, just that it hasn't been made apparent.

If I were in Tebow's shoes, I'd be doing the exact same thing. Cash in on it while you can. It may (and probably won't) last long.

Bradford will be in the league far beyond Tebow's time, and will most likely end up doing more for his team, but as far as I'm concerned, Tebow is a good human being, doing what any of us would be.

tcrb
1/6/2011, 08:20 PM
I've never been a fan of the guy. But I did catch the last 25 min or so of the program. I almost turned the channel when I saw who the show was about, but I decided to put my tebow prejudice aside for once and see what it had to offer. I found that part of the show to be a very interesting insider's perspective of the NFL draft and am actually glad I watched it. It didn't change my attitude towards the chosen one though. He's still a self-serving egomaniac.

oudavid1
1/6/2011, 08:45 PM
Its free, im gonna dvr. I find i can learn from almost anything football related. At worst i will see and hear coaching points for QBs

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 10:13 PM
Its free, im gonna dvr. I find i can learn from almost anything football related. At worst i will see and hear coaching points for QBs

Couldn't hurt, you are a lot like Tebow now.

SoonerSnook
1/6/2011, 11:11 PM
I watched it and it was not bad. But I think this is going to be a series similar to 30 for 30 just profiling QBs for the year.

With that said did anyone really think the first one would be on anyone other than Tebow? I mean everyone knows how bad ESPN was on his jack for 4 years.

yankee
1/7/2011, 12:30 AM
Pretty sure it's not just on Tebow. The ESPN commercial made it seem like there were going to be several "Year of the QB" documentaries, and they showed 2 (two) different Bradford clips...along with various other ones of other QB's, like the Manning Bros. So keep an eye and ear out for the Sam one.

yankee
1/7/2011, 12:30 AM

hey david, are you gonna be a coach one day? i don't think i've heard.

olevetonahill
1/7/2011, 12:46 AM
While Im sick of hearing about him , I dont HATE him , Hell he dint do anything to Me or really any of Yall. so I dont understand the HATE.

Plus why do Yall keep bringing him up? :rolleyes:

Blue
1/7/2011, 12:50 AM
Nope. I don't hate Tebow. I think 8timeChamps said it best a couple posts up.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 02:38 AM
hey david, are you gonna be a coach one day? i don't think i've heard.

My source says, hopefully

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2011, 05:25 AM
My source says, hopefully

Fire David!!!! (But keep his cute girlfriend around.)

Sooner_Bob
1/7/2011, 09:16 AM
Sure Tebow seems to have a King Kong-sized ego, but based on what I've seen I don't think he's that bad of a guy.

If he truly lives what he preaches then more power to him.

OUby35
1/7/2011, 11:20 AM
I don't like him because I'm not in to the soap opera part of sports and that is mainly what tebow has going for him. Also I'm not big on people telling other people how great their moral/religious views are.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 11:23 AM
Fire David!!!! (But keep his cute girlfriend around.)

down boy

sooner518
1/23/2011, 01:13 PM
they just re-aired this this morning. I guess I havent seen much of him lately, so my distaste for him has diminished alot over the past year.

Watching this reinforced my belief that despite the annoyance of him being on TV alot and ESPN going crazy over him, he actually seems like a genuinely good guy who is really determined and works like hell to make it. While I get tired of being reminded all the time, he seems to always do and say the right things (except that stupid commercial for that sports drink, but hey, if I got paid a couple hundred K, I'd do the same thing). I dont wish failure upon him anymore. But I'd prefer Sam excel 10 times what Tebow does... ;)

BigJerm7
1/23/2011, 01:56 PM
he actually seems like a genuinely good guy who is really determined and works like hell to make it. While I get tired of being reminded all the time, he seems to always do and say the right things (except that stupid commercial for that sports drink, but hey, if I got paid a couple hundred K, I'd do the same thing). I dont wish failure upon him anymore. But I'd prefer Sam excel 10 times what Tebow does... ;)

+1
Seemed like a hardworking, humble guy to me that just wants to make it. My opinion of him drastically changed after watching this. I was a die hard Broncos fan and even gave them up after he was drafted.

SoonerMom2
1/23/2011, 02:22 PM
Have you all seen his ad that keeps appearing about how no one thought the could do anything including being an NFL quaraterback? I still don't think he will make a good NFL quarterback -- ESPN helped get him drafted high IMHO. They would have loved nothing better than he go #1 or Colt McCoy. Want an alternative to ESPN which I hope the Comcast merger with NBC gives us.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 02:25 PM
Have you all seen his ad that keeps appearing about how no one thought the could do anything including being an NFL quaraterback? I still don't think he will make a good NFL quarterback -- ESPN helped get him drafted high IMHO. They would have loved nothing better than he go #1 or Colt McCoy. Want an alternative to ESPN which I hope the Comcast merger with NBC gives us.

ESPN is not pro-Tebow; it's pro-story. If Tim Tebow lapsed into a drug addiction it would make ESPN's day.

Cornfed
1/23/2011, 02:59 PM
Who's Tim Tebow?

stoopified
1/23/2011, 05:51 PM
I don't hate tebow,I just am tired of having him pushed on me every time I turn on ESPN . I have not watched nor will I watch this feature.

SoonerLB
1/23/2011, 08:50 PM
Who's Tim Tebow?

If that question were the norm, I would consider my prayers answered! ;)

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 09:40 PM
Well...if Obama can get the Nobel Peace prize less than three months in office...I guess Tebow can get an ESPN special on his life and success...

85sooners
1/23/2011, 10:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Always_Sooner
1/24/2011, 05:06 AM
I cannot stand his commercial. There is this youtube video of him talking to guys that are in jail, and he just starts naming off all his accomplishments. He has a condensing tone.

gaylordfan1
1/24/2011, 09:08 AM
I watched it and actually liked it. Nobody can deny that he is a genuinely nice guy.

Soonersince57
1/24/2011, 10:14 AM
ESPN is the doting parent and Tebow is the kid the parent talks about constantly and shoves pictures in your face.