PDA

View Full Version : Stanford is overrated already.....

NorCal Sooner
1/6/2011, 06:11 PM
Reading all of these articles about how Stanford is going to be ranked in the preseason top 5 because Luck is coming back really has me stratching my head. Stanford loses five starters on defense and seven on offense. This from a team that was not very deep to begin with. They may also lose their head coach. I just don't see them being close to as good as they were this season.

rekamrettuB
1/6/2011, 06:14 PM
Hype is big preseason. Remember OU 2005? Had very few starters returning and was ranked top 5 preseason because of recruiting class hype.

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2011, 06:16 PM
I heard them say that 3 of the O-line starters were 5th year seniors. Andrew should talk to Sam about playing behind an inexperienced line - good thing Andrew is a good runner.

arcman46
1/6/2011, 07:40 PM
Doesn't matter. If they are overrated they will get exposed quickly

SoonerMom2
1/6/2011, 07:53 PM
Is Luck coming back because he doesn't want to go to the Carolina Panthers? Maybe he is waiting for Harbaugh to land at an NFL team. With an inexperienced line -- no way he should come back although someone on ESPN said mentally he might not be ready for the NFL. With new coaching staff bet he will wish he had gone out. No way Harbaugh is coming back as he makes the round of the NFL -- Dolphins today -- still bet he ends up in SF.

NMSooner'80
1/6/2011, 08:01 PM
Gary Danielson needs to rip someone at Stanford a new one for not pushing Luck to the NFL. :D

ashley
1/6/2011, 08:08 PM
You are all wrong and know it. Stanford was very good.

oubose
1/6/2011, 08:18 PM
I heard them say that 3 of the O-line starters were 5th year seniors. Andrew should talk to Sam about playing behind an inexperienced line - good thing Andrew is a good runner.

Luck maybe a good runner but may need to become a better runner even yet!
Your right just look what happend to Sam.

tcrb
1/6/2011, 08:26 PM
Similar to the 2009 OU pre-season ranking?

usaosooner
1/6/2011, 08:55 PM
Got 7 months of offseason to fill with this

rekamrettuB
1/6/2011, 09:27 PM
Similar to the 2009 OU pre-season ranking?

2009 gets a pass 'cause of no Bradford and Gresham.

tcrb
1/6/2011, 09:40 PM

2009 gets a pass 'cause of no Bradford and Gresham.

My point was that we were highly ranked in 2009's pre-season polls because Sam and Gresh were coming back even though we lost several key players from our Oline and defense just like Stanford will this year. So it should not be a surprise that Luck's announced return will garner them a high pre-season ranking for next year.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 09:42 PM
Doesn't matter. If they are overrated they will get exposed quickly

They might not because who's going to beat them in the Pac-10. Oregon and then who, so they could easily finish 2nd

budbarrybob
1/7/2011, 02:00 AM
Gary Danielson needs to rip someone at Stanford a new one for not pushing Luck to the NFL. :D

You think someone at Stanford is gonna push him to the NFL?? :rolleyes: The turnip truck has left you.

Okie35
1/7/2011, 02:02 AM
doesn't matter UO will beat them again next year they're really not losing anyone

rekamrettuB
1/7/2011, 09:32 AM
My point was that we were highly ranked in 2009's pre-season polls because Sam and Gresh were coming back even though we lost several key players from our Oline and defense just like Stanford will this year. So it should not be a surprise that Luck's announced return will garner them a high pre-season ranking for next year.

Ya I hear ya...but there's no proof of if that 2009 was overrated because they didn't get the chance to play w/ those two. There's no proof right now that 2011 Stanford is overrated because 1, they aren't even rated yet, and 2, they haven't played the 2011 season.

NMSooner'80
1/7/2011, 11:21 AM
You think someone at Stanford is gonna push him to the NFL?? :rolleyes: The turnip truck has left you.

You honestly don't remember when Danielson ripped Stoops, big-time, for not pushing Bradford and McCoy to the NFL after '08?

KantoSooner
1/7/2011, 11:54 AM
doesn't matter UO will beat them again next year they're really not losing anyone

Depends on how UO bounces back from the titantic azzwhupping Aubrun is about to lay on them.

Salt City Sooner
1/7/2011, 02:30 PM
They might not because who's going to beat them in the Pac-10. Oregon and then who, so they could easily finish 2nd
This, plus their OOC's are San Jose St., @ Duke, & Notre Dame.

Mr. Whipple would blush.

Okie35
1/7/2011, 02:38 PM
Depends on how UO bounces back from the titantic azzwhupping Aubrun is about to lay on them.

Auburn won't whoop em. It'll be close.

This, plus their OOC's are San Jose St., @ Duke, & Notre Dame.

Mr. Whipple would blush.

ND intercepted Luck 3 times :D. I think ND will be a much improved team and could contend in that game.

Dexa
1/7/2011, 03:12 PM
I think they were given way too much love all season. I'm glad they won their bowl game, but I don't know exactly who they beat that was having the computers or human polls ranking them as the top 1 loss team the entire season.

Sooner_Bob
1/7/2011, 03:14 PM
I think they were given way too much love all season. I'm glad they won their bowl game, but I don't know exactly who they beat that was having the computers or human polls ranking them as the top 1 loss team the entire season.

^This