PDA

View Full Version : Harsin is Horns new OC according to Orangebloods

IndySooner
1/6/2011, 04:49 PM
Of course, take that with a grain of salt, but if so, I'm happy with who they hired. Both unproven. Boise's system has been the same for years. Harsin's a product of that system.

I guess we'll see, but I'm comfortable as long as Mack is at the helm.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2011, 05:11 PM
Harsin is very good at what he does..I've heard college coaches say that his O is the hardest offense to study and pick up habits, because you can't really label what they do..

humblesooner
1/6/2011, 05:14 PM
Harsin is very good at what he does..I've heard college coaches say that his O is the hardest offense to study and pick up habits, because you can't really label what they do..

He should fit right in in Austin.
The same was said of their offense this year.
:D

tfoolry
1/6/2011, 05:14 PM
They're saying Harsin & "the Major" as Co-OCs.

OUinFLA
1/6/2011, 05:17 PM
He should fit right in in Austin.
The same was said of their offense this year.
:D

Now, that is funny.

spek to you

devOUt
1/6/2011, 05:20 PM
Can he make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

thecynic
1/6/2011, 05:21 PM
No matter their coordinators, Texas is still going to be tough. Mack is easy to make fun of, but it's not like they have Boo Blake in charge down there. I don't know if I'd count on them having another year like this one.

we can hope though.

Soonermagik
1/6/2011, 05:22 PM
I think that's actually a good hire. I'm betting he's better than Greg Davis. Harsin is good, because they run a lot of different things. He's also not afraid to pound the ball at teams, which has really made Boise State multi-dimensional.

devOUt
1/6/2011, 05:27 PM
but they still have gilbert for a qb, no rbs and bad receivers

Soonermagik
1/6/2011, 05:28 PM
but they still have gilbert for a qb, no rbs and bad receivers

They have a top recuiting class this year. Plus, Boise State wasn't playing with 5 star players. I just hope the players don't overlook the Whorns. That game has been a dog fight the last few years.. regardless of talent or coordinators.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 05:51 PM
I think that he'll be just like all the other Boise people that have moved on and failed. I don't see him succeeding down there

CrimsonCommando
1/6/2011, 05:56 PM
Remember when they hired Robinson, Tomey, Chizic?, and Muschamp, and ALL THEY OTHER PASS-THROUGH SUCK AZZ COORIDNATORS we tend to beat? This guy will be no different. We gots talent too. We beats them, again. This game goes streaky and its our turn for a streak.

NorCal Sooner
1/6/2011, 05:56 PM
I think that's actually a good hire. I'm betting he's better than Greg Davis. Harsin is good, because they run a lot of different things. He's also not afraid to pound the ball at teams, which has really made Boise State multi-dimensional.

Agree, I think he will do well at UT, and will be a big step up from Greg Davis. He is going to have a lot of talent, and Gilbert will only get better (he couldn't be much worse).

DCsooner22
1/6/2011, 06:19 PM
I'm hoping that Gilbert will be the second coming of Chrissy "Heisman-honorable-mention-every-year-even-though-he-has-done-nothing-except-have-a-pedigree-name" Simms...

SbOrOiNaEnR
1/6/2011, 06:25 PM
I'm hoping that Gilbert will be the second coming of Chrissy "Heisman-honorable-mention-every-year-even-though-he-has-done-nothing-except-have-a-pedigree-name" Simms...

Is "Gilbert" really a pedigree name? Much like his son, Papa Gale lost every big game he ever played in, including the Little League World Series.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 12:09 AM
Something that I read that Beamer said really struck me about his offense.

He said his staff studied film on Boise from the end of the 2009 season to the beginning of 2010 and he still didn't have a grasp on Boise's offense..He said you can't call em a running team, you can't call em a passing team, sometimes they are finess, sometimes they are power..They can do a lot of things out of every formation

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:10 AM
dont you mean Petersons offense...just sayin

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 12:13 AM
not really

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:15 AM
you should

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 12:15 AM
why

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:16 AM
cus

Sabanball
1/7/2011, 12:19 AM
If true they are going to be co-coordinators, looks like to me Applewhite is being groomed as Mac's successor.

T***s may have had a horrible year, but they are who they are and with gobs of talent they will be back next yr.

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:28 AM
thats the deal, they obviously didnt have a lot of talent. It looked to me like 2 or 3 years of bad recruiting

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2011, 12:32 AM
all that early recruiting biting them in the butt

Collier11
1/7/2011, 12:33 AM
you say that like its a bad thing, I kinda like it when you bite me in the butt

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 10:04 AM
I have been traveling a lot year end, who exactly finally ended up leaving uterus? Was it the OC, DC and the SC - mad dog?

w0lfe
1/7/2011, 11:52 AM
I have been traveling a lot year end, who exactly finally ended up leaving uterus? Was it the OC, DC and the SC - mad dog?

Their fans

Scott D
1/7/2011, 12:10 PM
Harsin's offense relies on a quarterback smart enough to run it. I don't think Kellen Moore gets enough credit for what that team did for the last four years.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 01:55 PM
Harsin's offense relies on a quarterback smart enough to run it. I don't think Kellen Moore gets enough credit for what that team did for the last four years.

I hear you. Does that limit who they can recruit at QB. In your opinion, could VY have run Harsin's (or BSU's) offense?