PDA

View Full Version : Roy Finch Update

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 02:18 PM
I wasn't gonna post this because I wasn't sure it it was that big of a deal or not, but when we flew back on Sunday, I saw and talked to Roy Finch in the airport near baggage. I wasn't sure that it was him at 1st, but my wife pointed out the gray sweatsuit that the players wear on trips and I noticed the metal crutches, so I put two and two together.

Anyway, I asked him how he was and he said he was doing OK but couldn't stand not playing in the game. I stated that I noticed that they didn't run the diamond formation against CONN, and he said that they axed that the day after he was injured. He also said that participating in spring drills was a long shot but that anything was possible.

I also asked him if he was ready to be the main threat at RB last year and his smile got really big and he replied absolutely.

I then said good bye and asked if he wanted to ditch my wife and go grab some 4 Loco and some Ho's (Ok, that parts not true, but I was thinking it).

Seemed like a good kid, I wish him lots of luck.

fwsooner22
1/6/2011, 02:23 PM
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

BillyBall
1/6/2011, 02:25 PM
That's going to suck if he misses the Spring.

Cornfed
1/6/2011, 02:27 PM
Whatever it takes to get him healthy, we need him on the field.

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 02:28 PM
Not looking forward to seeing this kid the next 3 years

yermom
1/6/2011, 02:38 PM
i'm looking forward to you not looking forward to it :D

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 02:41 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NormanPride
1/6/2011, 02:44 PM
These are unconfirmed rumors and not posted by David.

Post Reported!

;)

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 02:46 PM
Who's your source11!!!1!

Soonermagik
1/6/2011, 03:03 PM
Video or picture or it didn't happen.

Okie35
1/6/2011, 03:04 PM

:D lol

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 03:04 PM
I'll believe it when I hear it directly from Roy Finch. You should have brought him by. :D

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 03:07 PM
Video or picture or it didn't happen.

It didn't happen then. However, it was the one time that the wife didn't pullout the camera or camcorder out on the trip.

I'm curious about one thing though...it was obvious that the team was not with him in baggage claim. Did he fly back on a different plane or was the rest of the team elsewhere?

SoonerLB
1/6/2011, 03:13 PM

I nominate this as the O-FISH-UL line of the day! LOL!
:D :D :D :D :D

TMcGee86
1/6/2011, 03:23 PM
cool story bro.

;) (seriously, cool story.)

oudavid1
1/6/2011, 03:55 PM
Who's your source11!!!1!

YEEEE3333AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Brennan Clay anyone?

KantoSooner
1/6/2011, 04:09 PM
Okay, I'm over 25. Can someone tell me what the deal is with mixing numbers into words on postings? Is it a relict of the pre-smart phone 'ten-key' texting world? An extension of the attempt to get by filters? What?

Sign me, Bemused

cvsooner
1/6/2011, 04:39 PM
My experience after previous bowls was the team sorta disperses to various locales after the game, via their own flights. Some go back to Norman, some go home, wherever that may be...and some may go elsewhere, like say, the Senior Bowl, or some place. Anyway, I'm not surprised the whole team wasn't with him. I think it even happens going TO the bowl game, especially the day after Christmas. I believe the whole team wasn't complete until late in the day on the 26th.

EatLeadCommie
1/6/2011, 04:42 PM
Interesting that we ditched the diamond because he was hurt. What does that say about Clay's ability to fill in for Finch? Or is it simply a matter of Madu being the 3rd RB and being too much like Murray to run the diamond?

tanjou
1/6/2011, 04:45 PM
That's too bad about the 4 loko

Scott D
1/6/2011, 06:15 PM
Okay, I'm over 25. Can someone tell me what the deal is with mixing numbers into words on postings? Is it a relict of the pre-smart phone 'ten-key' texting world? An extension of the attempt to get by filters? What?

Sign me, Bemused

I know the 1's mixed in with the exclamation points is more a joke on the fact that you're holding the shift key down with the 1 key and someone excitably mashing the 1 might ease up on the shift creating a !!!!1!!!!!1!1!!! scenario.

The rest goes back to video gaming and "leetspeak" aka "1337speak"

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 06:33 PM
I know the 1's mixed in with the exclamation points is more a joke on the fact that you're holding the shift key down with the 1 key and someone excitably mashing the 1 might ease up on the shift creating a !!!!1!!!!!1!1!!! scenario.

The rest goes back to video gaming and "leetspeak" aka "1337speak"

I get the !!1, but I don't get the other. I'm just outta touch with cool I guess.

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 06:42 PM
533m5 th4t w4y.

soonergirlNeugene
1/6/2011, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't worry overmuch about it. It's basically antiquated hacker speak that has been appropriated by sublimely bored teenagers on message boards.