PDA

View Full Version : HELP! UConn Highlight Video blocked!

HolaKyle
1/6/2011, 12:45 PM
Hello everyone! I just received an e-mail from YouTube saying the following:

"We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from XOS Technologies, Inc. d/b/a XOS Digital claiming that this material is infringing."

So the video is now blocked. I can't look into it right now because I am at work, but if you guys want to look into it further, such as who is XOS Technologies? Are they associated with OU football somehow?

My main concern is SoonerSports.com has this video linked. I don't want to embarass them by someone attempting to watch the highlights and it going to a blocked video. I wish there was someway to contact them so they can edit the website.

Also, hopefully this won't happen to the rest of my videos. If it is, it looks like I might have to stop. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks for any help!

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2011, 12:50 PM
If they really start enforcing this stuff YouTube is doomed . . .

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 12:54 PM
Based on this, it sounds like they can block any video containing the Big 12...

XOS Technologies Is Now XOS Digital
By: Jason Dachman, Assistant Editor | Published: February 8, 2010

After a decade of doing business as XOS Technologies, Inc., the sports-tech firm today announced the debut of its new corporate brand name, XOS Digital, Inc.
In addition, XOS has announced the launch of a new website, xosdigital.com.
“When XOS was established in the late ‘90s, the company’s main focus was on athletic facilities design and integration and coaching software products,” says Chris McCleary, CEO or XOS Digital said. “We have continued to enhance and improve all of our current technology solutions and now we are integrating them with our advanced content management offerings to meet the next-generation digital technology needs of our client base.”
XOS recently launched the SEC Digital Network, a fully integrated multi-platform content management and media distribution property that serves the Southeastern Conference and its 12 member schools. The XOSxNet content distribution and storage network is assisting the conference officials at the Big Ten and Big 12 in stabling wide area secure access to conference game content. The company also debuted the new XOS HD Replay System earlier this year.
ShareThis

70sooner
1/6/2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.xostech.com/

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 12:59 PM
Sounds like Ya might have to Join em , and pay some kinda fee. if it aint much im sure we can kick in a few bucks each to pay fer it

yermom
1/6/2011, 01:06 PM
XOS is a vendor OU uses for either replay or archives or both

if OU deems it worthy of linking, i'm not sure what the problem is...

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 01:19 PM
Can you play the DVR'd Live Game action and Video it and then put it on YouTube? I know the quality isn't HolaKyle Quality but to hell with them locking us out of stuff like this.....that is if that's what they are doing.

HolaKyle
1/6/2011, 01:28 PM
Can you play the DVR'd Live Game action and Video it and then put it on YouTube? I know the quality isn't HolaKyle Quality but to hell with them locking us out of stuff like this.....that is if that's what they are doing.

I'm ripping it straight from the video broadcast, so I don't know if that is any different.

The main thing I want to make sure happens is OU takes down their link from SoonerSports.com. I don't want them to be embarassed. I tried to call a couple of numbers on their website for the internet department, but nobody picked up. As it is around lunch time, I'll try back later.

sooner518
1/6/2011, 01:28 PM
vimeo.com
or post it on megaupload or mediafire so at least some people can see it.

im at work and havent gotten to see it yet... damn!

HolaKyle
1/6/2011, 01:29 PM
vimeo.com

I'll try to Vimeo it tonight and post a link.

SoonerPr8r
1/6/2011, 02:04 PM
If they (XOS) own the rights to big 12 stuff maybe you can bring this up to someone over at SoonerSports.com. Like their content editor and see if there is something you can do to keep it from getting blocked in the future. Like getting some kind of seal of approval from OU or something.

SoonerMom2
1/6/2011, 03:12 PM
It is blocked on the Soonersports.com site -- as soon as you hit the link -- it is not available.

SoonerLB
1/6/2011, 03:21 PM
I shared it on my FB page, just checked and it is working alright there.
Would be nice if it were downloadable somehow, I'm sure I would watch it several more times during the sports void between now and September. :)

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 03:29 PM
vimeo.com

I have downloaded every highlight by Holakyle as soon as he puts them out, because I know crap like this happens all the time. So I was lucky enough to get it before they put the kibosh on it.

sooner518
1/6/2011, 03:32 PM
I have downloaded every highlight by Holakyle as soon as he puts them out, because I know crap like this happens all the time. So I was lucky enough to get it before they put the kibosh on it.

mind uploading and sending me a link?

SoonerLB
1/6/2011, 03:39 PM
How are you downloading them adoniijah?

And I just checked my youtube favs, and it played just fine for me.

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 03:42 PM
Kyle's Ripping it. Heh.

oudavid1
1/6/2011, 03:52 PM
I'm ripping it straight from the video broadcast, so I don't know if that is any different.

The main thing I want to make sure happens is OU takes down their link from SoonerSports.com. I don't want them to be embarassed. I tried to call a couple of numbers on their website for the internet department, but nobody picked up. As it is around lunch time, I'll try back later.

Dude, your straight up re-using ESPN footage. Thats what this is about. There is a legal loop-hole around it. Google it. Thats what i use.

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2011, 04:18 PM
There is a legal loop-hole around it. Google it. Thats what i use.

I'm lazy . . . what's the loop-hole?

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 04:52 PM
Dude, your straight up re-using ESPN footage. Thats what this is about. There is a legal loop-hole around it. Google it. Thats what i use.

Did this come from yer SOURCE ?
If not i aint believing it ;)

jkjsooner
1/6/2011, 04:58 PM
What's the relationship between XOS and ESPN? If this was taken from ESPN then I don't see how XOS can block it. ESPN is the owner of this contect, correct?

HolaKyle
1/6/2011, 05:30 PM
What's the relationship between XOS and ESPN? If this was taken from ESPN then I don't see how XOS can block it. ESPN is the owner of this contect, correct?

I wouldn't be able to fight it, because I am not the owner. They shouldn't have the right to take it down, but if I fought back YouTube would say I didn't have the right to post it.

As an update, I just spoke with someone from SoonerSports.com. I left a message with them earlier. They said they got it de-linked from their website. He said that they usually try to post some highlights before the SoonerVision highlights are ready to be viewed. He appreciated the heads-up on the video being removed from YouTube.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 05:31 PM
mind uploading and sending me a link?

What would I upload it to?

AlboSooner
1/6/2011, 05:39 PM
send me the file and I'll upload to Hotlink and rapidshare, and dailymotion

oudavid1
1/6/2011, 05:44 PM
I'm lazy . . . what's the loop-hole?

lol google it

Did this come from yer SOURCE ?
If not i aint believing it ;)

lol

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 05:46 PM
send me the file and I'll upload to Hotlink and rapidshare, and dailymotion

Walk me through it, and I will. Its in mp4 format...I guess I can hit your regular e-mail with it.

AlboSooner
1/6/2011, 05:57 PM
Walk me through it, and I will. Its in mp4 format...I guess I can hit your regular e-mail with it.

go to dailymotion.com and create an account, then upload the file like you would on youtube.

KantoSooner
1/6/2011, 06:02 PM
Let us know when it's up. I didn't have time to see it before; but will make a point of it if this is the way those jackwagons want to behave.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 06:07 PM
Uploading now...

MR2-Sooner86
1/6/2011, 07:04 PM
I don't see what the problem is with this or other videos on YouTube. It clearly falls into the "Fair Use" doctrine.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 07:21 PM
It's finished. First time I ever uploaded a video...it doesn't look as good as Holakyle's, even though its his. I don't know why it looks so fuzzy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgga3k_fiesta-bowl-oklahoma-highlights-vs-connecticut-hd_sport

SoonerLB
1/6/2011, 07:35 PM
Still working just fine for me on youtube, have it open and playing in another tab as I type this. It's still purdy good too! ;)

HolaKyle
1/6/2011, 07:40 PM
It's finished. First time I ever uploaded a video...it doesn't look as good as Holakyle's, even though its his. I don't know why it looks so fuzzy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgga3k_fiesta-bowl-oklahoma-highlights-vs-connecticut-hd_sport

When you downloaded it from YouTube? What was the file size?

I think the file size when I upload it is around 1.3 GBs.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 07:44 PM

262mb...there lies the problem. Man you put some serious work in...Mad props.

adoniijahsooner
1/6/2011, 07:44 PM

But the downloaded version looks just as good as your upload.