PDA

View Full Version : Cornett Divorcing

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 12:24 PM
**Something about him has always set off my gaydar

Oklahoma City mayor files for divorce (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-mayor-files-for-divorce/article/3529498#ixzz1AHDrAwmf)

Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett has filed for divorce from his wife, Lisa, records show.

Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Mick+Cornett&CATEGORY=PERSON) filed last week for divorce from his wife of 32 years, Lisa, court records show. The divorce petition cites “total irreconcilable incompatibility.”

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1326232/medium (http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1326232/medium.jpg)
This March 29, 2010, photo shows Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett smiling in his office, next to a copy of ESPN magazine with a photo of Oklahoma Ctiy Thunder NBA basketball player Kevin Durant on the cover, in Oklahoma City.

Cornett's office confirmed the split Tuesday, releasing a statement from the mayor, 52, who did not want to discuss the matter.

“Lisa and I have many years of memories together, and we intend to remain close to our three grown boys,” Cornett's statement said.

Cornett and his wife began dating when they were sophomores at Putnam City High School (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Putnam+City+High+School&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION).

“The decision to end our marriage has been a very personal, emotional and painful decision for us to make. It follows years of marital counseling. We ask for your thoughts and prayers as we go forward.”

Lisa Cornett (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Lisa+Cornett&CATEGORY=PERSON), 53, could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 12:44 PM
Must have been the LL Season Tickets.

Aldebaran
1/6/2011, 01:03 PM
He sets off my dooshdar.

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 01:10 PM
He'll Probably be our next Governor....lol

Soonerson1975
1/6/2011, 01:11 PM

Or President.

SbOrOiNaEnR
1/6/2011, 02:06 PM

Todd Lamb will be elected in 2018 after Fallin's two terms are up. You heard it here first.

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 02:27 PM
He sets off my dooshdar.I may need to get my dar calibrated.

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 02:37 PM
Gay or not, the boy has done pretty dang good by OKC. Tulsa could only wish they could have someone of his caliber.

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 02:41 PM
Gay or not, the boy has done pretty dang good by OKC.Gay people are often quite effective at their profession--I never implied otherwise.

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 02:42 PM
Gay people are often quite effective at their profession--I never implied otherwise.

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the hater.

badger
1/6/2011, 02:44 PM
It is possible that he just changed when he entered politics - or his wife changed - because he was suddenly in a national spotlight showing off OKC instead of just the local limelight (he was a TV guy, right?)... going out and getting the Sonics/Thunder, getting the Charlotte/Nawlins/OKC Hornets, apologizing to the NBA when "only" 70 or so percent passed the big bond to improve the ex-Ford Center.

Regardless of his marital status or sexual orientation, he seems to have done good things for OKC.

As for Tulsa... where to begin on our city leadership. Just get me started. I dare you.

Aldebaran
1/6/2011, 02:47 PM
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the hater.

Then why not say "Doosh or not" instead of focusing on his gender orientation. Did it excite you?

The
1/6/2011, 02:48 PM
Women get old. They need to be replaced. Like shingles.

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 02:53 PM
Then why not say "Doosh or not" instead of focusing on his gender orientation. Did it excite you?

Huh? Did what excite me?

Aldebaran
1/6/2011, 02:54 PM
it.

The
1/6/2011, 02:55 PM
it.

:rubbingmyself

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 02:59 PM
it what?

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 03:00 PM
moved

NormanPride
1/6/2011, 03:02 PM
It is possible that he just changed when he entered politics - or his wife changed - because he was suddenly in a national spotlight showing off OKC instead of just the local limelight (he was a TV guy, right?)... going out and getting the Sonics/Thunder, getting the Charlotte/Nawlins/OKC Hornets, apologizing to the NBA when "only" 70 or so percent passed the big bond to improve the ex-Ford Center.

Regardless of his marital status or sexual orientation, he seems to have done good things for OKC.

As for Tulsa... where to begin on our city leadership. Just get me started. I dare you.

Should I threadjack an OKC thread into a Tulsa thread? Nah...

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 03:04 PM
It ain't an OKC thread. It's a homo vs. doosh thread. Keep up.

NormanPride
1/6/2011, 03:10 PM
Isn't he both?

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 03:22 PM
Isn't he both?

Now that's the rub.

He may be a homo. He ain't a doosh. One of the refugees is a hater.

The
1/6/2011, 03:30 PM
Now that's the rub.

:rubsselfharderandfaster

RacerX
1/6/2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.governing.com/poy/mick-cornett.html

2010 Public Officials of the Year

The Placemaker

Mick Cornett

Mayor, Oklahoma City

http://media.navigatored.com/images/GOV_POY-2010-Mick-Cornett.jpg
Read more of the extended Q&A with Mick Cornett (http://www.governing.com/poy/mick-cornett.html?p=interview).
In 2006, Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett stepped on a scale and came to a realization: "I was obese." Cornett's epiphany wasn't just personal. Oklahoma City had begun appearing on multiple lists of the country's fattest cities, and the mayor decided it was time to do something about it. His idea? Put the city on a diet. (To drive the point home, Cornett held a press conference standing in front of elephants at the city zoo.) The results of the weight-loss initiative are impressive -- 43,000 participants already have lost a combined 600,000 pounds and counting. Cornett himself has shed 40 pounds, down to 180.
The mayor's crusade against obesity became the cornerstone of a whole new vision for the city's future. "We had an automobile-centric culture, a drive-through restaurant mentality," he says. "We hadn't built a pedestrian-friendly community."
So Cornett crafted a bold idea to remake Oklahoma City as a walkable urban center. His ambitious $777 million plan included an extensive new downtown streetcar system, sidewalks throughout the city, a 60-mile network of bicycle trails and walking paths, a new convention center and a new 70-acre park downtown.
Cornett spent much of 2009 trying to convince voters to fund the plan by extending an existing 1-cent sales tax. First elected in 2004, Cornett, an Oklahoma City native and former sports broadcaster, garnered a record-high 87.6 percent of the vote in his 2006 re-election. He put his popularity on the line by backing the new plan, says Roy Williams, president of the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce. "He was so passionate about it that he was willing to risk his political capital."
Voters approved the new plan in December 2009. Cornett says he's just continuing the city's existing momentum: With two similar tax increases in the 1990s, Oklahoma City has been on an upswing for the past 15 years. Still, he recognizes the revolutionary nature of his vision. "It's all part of this culture shift where we're creating a healthier community. This is a renaissance time for Oklahoma City. We're in a golden age."

— Zach Patton
Photo by Brett Deering

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 03:40 PM
Boy better get his *** off the damn street before he gets runt over.

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 03:49 PM
I wonder if his kids are ghey? I mean if he was born ghey....they would be too I guess?

3rd....could you explain this? I'm not sure of my source.

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 03:51 PM
I wonder if his kids are ghey? I mean if he was born ghey....they would be too I guess?

3rd....could you explain this? I'm not sure of my source.I have no idea what you are talking about so I am pretty sure I can't explain it.

thecynic
1/6/2011, 04:10 PM
Mayor Cornett is not gay, he is however a doosh.

Don't his sons, (or son) run or work for a somewhat controversial left leaning website?

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 04:12 PM

Don't his sons, (or son) run or work for a somewhat controversial left leaning website?

Oh goody. Another refugee hater. Why is Mayor Mick a doosh? What has he done to warrant being called one?

thecynic
1/6/2011, 04:18 PM
Oh goody. Another refugee hater. Why is Mayor Mick a doosh? What has he done to warrant being called one?

Can't deny that he has been in the front of some very important changes in OKC. He gets a lot of credit that even he doesn't think he deserves, there have been tons of business people behind the scenes that helped make it all happen. all that aside, in my dealings with him I think he is a doosh. effective mayor, but a doosh.
not hating

C&CDean
1/6/2011, 04:21 PM
Well as politicians go, he's a far cry from a doosh. As regular people go? Maybe.

I've only been in OK for 20 years. I remember when I moved here I thought downtown OKC was a ****hole, and so was the OU campus. Between Boren and Cornett both OKC and OU have become gems.

Wait, did I just say "between Boren and Cornett?" That's gay.

Tony
1/6/2011, 04:27 PM

Not that I know of. But one of his sons is a twitter addict who the Gazette nominated for "Best Social Media Fanatic" or something like that.

TUSooner
1/6/2011, 04:29 PM
Now that's the rub.

Perhaps he's a comptent doosh. You know, professionally competent, but privately doosh... ish.

~~~

Him: "painful... difficult... personal... much counseling"

Her: "WTF?!?"

All of which means he's just thinking he needs to get himself some young stuff (which could be male or female).

thecynic
1/6/2011, 04:32 PM
Not that I know of. But one of his sons is a twitter addict who the Gazette nominated for "Best Social Media Fanatic" or something like that.

that's not what I'm thinking of, but you would know about it if (whatever I was misremembering) were true.

Aldebaran
1/6/2011, 04:49 PM
I'm not a hater. And I think OKC > Tulsa. No complaints about his mayoring, but I live in Norman, so I don't pay close attention.

He just sets off my dooshdar. I can't explain it.

Soonerson1975
1/6/2011, 04:52 PM
I never knew he was a doctor until I watched the Marcus Dupree 30 for 30.

oumartin
1/6/2011, 04:52 PM
Women get old. They need to be replaced. Like shingles.

this right here!!!

thecynic
1/6/2011, 04:53 PM

hey, wait a minute . . . .

:gary:

oumartin
1/6/2011, 04:56 PM
I actually heard Cornett and Mark Rodgers are a couple.

thecynic
1/6/2011, 05:00 PM
I actually heard Cornett and Mark Rodgers are a couple.

Mark got divorced as well . . .

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2011, 05:02 PM
way too much gay talk here...

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 05:03 PM
Yall are dooshing up this ghey assed thread

Mississippi Sooner
1/6/2011, 05:04 PM
When do we start talking about poop?

thecynic
1/6/2011, 05:07 PM
When do we start talking about poop?

that's in the last meal thread

oumartin
1/6/2011, 05:07 PM
Mark got divorced as well . . .

no chiz, that's why I am saying this, plus I seen em holding hands.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2011, 05:08 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4005/castgay4ej3ms.jpg

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 05:09 PM
Don't get too close, you'll catch the ghey.

Mississippi Sooner
1/6/2011, 05:09 PM
that's in the last meal thread

Oh. I didn't notice. I was busy tripping on acid in that thread.

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 05:10 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4005/castgay4ej3ms.jpg

Hell Bro, You do that to EVERY thread :eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2011, 05:12 PM
I don't know what you speak of

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 05:33 PM
On a related note:

Boston Herald Sportswriter Steve Buckley: 'I'm Gay' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/06/boston-herald-sportswriter-buckley-gay_n_805110.html)

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/234530/thumbs/s-STEVEBUCKLEY-large.jpg

Boston Herald sportswriter Steve Buckley revealed (http://bostonherald.com.nyud.net/news/columnists/view.bg?&articleid=1307703&format=&page=1&listingType=col#articleFull) that he is gay in his latest column.

In the column (http://bostonherald.com.nyud.net/news/columnists/view.bg?&articleid=1307703&format=&page=1&listingType=col#articleFull), titled "Welcome to my coming-out party," Buckley says that he had intended to tell his readers--and his listeners who hear him talk about Boston sports on local radio--about his sexuality years ago, after his mother, who had been worried about the public reaction to such an admission, changed her mind:

Just over seven years ago, before Thanksgiving, we were getting into the car outside of a CVS when my mother said, "I think you should go ahead and do that story you've been talking about." "Really?"
"Yes," she said. "Just go ahead and do it. And then we'll have a party."
She was talking about the story in which I would say that I am gay.But then, Buckley writes, he made "the biggest mistake of my life: With a vacation lined up for the first week of December, I told her I'd get to it when I returned to Boston -- just before Christmas."

Tragically, his mother died of a heart attack the day after he returned from vacation. In the intervening years, he writes, the connection between a coming-out column and his mother's death made him put the column off.

Now, though, Buckley says that the recent spate of anti-gay violence and gay suicides have convinced him "if more people are able to be honest about who they are, ultimately fewer people will feel such devastating pressure."

Tony
1/6/2011, 05:46 PM
Doesn't sound too good.

---

http://newsok.com/mayors-wife-responds-to-filing/article/3529880

Mayor's wife responds to filing

Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett's wife, Lisa, said Wednesday it was not her decision to end their marriage.

Mick Cornett, 52, filed for divorce last week and said Tuesday the decision to end their 32-year marriage was a “very personal, emotional and painful decision for us to make. It followed years of marital counseling.”

Lisa Cornett, 53, could not be reached for comment Tuesday. She contacted The Oklahoman on Wednesday and said she does not know why her husband wants a divorce.

“I still love him and want to stay married,” Lisa Cornett said. “It wasn't a mutual decision.”

The two met while they were sophomores at Putnam City High School.

They have three grown sons.

Lisa Cornett said the couple went to counseling for one year a few years ago, and she thought they had solved their problems.

She said they went once more last year after they began having problems.

Mick Cornett said Wednesday he has no further comment on the matter. His divorce petition filed in Oklahoma County District Court cited “total irreconcilable incompatibility” as the reason for the divorce.

AlboSooner
1/6/2011, 05:47 PM
I hope they reconcile and end up staying together.

oumartin
1/6/2011, 05:54 PM
is she hot? cuz if she's lost her looks she needs to look no further than the mirror for the reason.

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/6/2011, 06:10 PM
Dont know if Cornett's a rump ranger or not but he's head and shoulders above Daring Dewey Bartlett in the mayor department. I'll trade Dewey, our entire city council, and a draft choice to be named later fer the little poof

3rdgensooner
1/6/2011, 06:22 PM
is she hot? cuz if she's lost her looks she needs to look no further than the mirror for the reason.True, because he found the fountain of youth and hasn't aged at all.

Here is a pic of her:

http://blog.newsok.com/partiesextra/files/2008/07/american-studies.jpg

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 06:46 PM
True, because he found the fountain of youth and hasn't aged at all.

Here is a pic of her:

http://blog.newsok.com/partiesextra/files/2008/07/american-studies.jpg

what the hell is wrong with wimmens ?
Dayum we dont have to look at US we have to look at Yall:rolleyes:

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 06:47 PM
I'll guess that he likes Mr. Goodbar.

oumartin
1/6/2011, 07:14 PM
yep, time to move on. she's seen better days.

maybe he is confused and likes a certain OU cheerleader.

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 07:18 PM
yep, time to move on. she's seen better days.

maybe he is confused and likes a certain OU cheerleader.

The Pic aint showin up fer me. Is she that fugly ?

oumartin
1/6/2011, 07:32 PM
she looked like she mighta been cute but just looks a little worn out. doesn't appear to have ever have been a knockout

Adrian
1/6/2011, 08:02 PM
Anyone who opposed bring The Lingerie Football League to town has got to be gay. Oh, wait, Tony is against it...

Tony
1/6/2011, 11:15 PM
Anyone who opposed bring The Lingerie Football League to town has got to be gay. Oh, wait, Tony is against it...

Untrue.

soonercruiser
1/6/2011, 11:26 PM
The way I figure it, Mayor Mick was just desperate to dump another 100 pounds!
:rolleyes:

Adrian
1/6/2011, 11:51 PM
Untrue.

May I quote you on that?

Breadburner
1/6/2011, 11:53 PM
FRiCzXN5_Dg

Tony
1/6/2011, 11:54 PM
May I quote you on that?

I trust that you will.

Adrian
1/7/2011, 12:07 AM
"My sources say that Tony is in favor of The Lingerie Football League coming to town, but I remain skeptical." ~Adrian

oh, and thanks for the toenail clippings for Christmas,

SoonerBread
1/7/2011, 12:21 AM
Tulsa could only wish they could have someone of his caliber.

Thanks for noticing...

MR2-Sooner86
1/7/2011, 12:57 AM
Don't know if he's gay or not but he can toss a mean salad.

RacerX
1/7/2011, 08:05 AM
I hope they reconcile and end up staying together.

But if they can't, let's hope all the details are dragged out by the media...:P

OUmillenium
1/7/2011, 12:01 PM
Phew! Mick Cornette...

I was worried this thread referred to a real man - Jim Cornette

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2011, 01:58 PM
This thread is shaggy.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 02:19 PM
Boy better get his *** off the damn street before he gets runt over.

Or hit by tons of bird $hit...unless they cleaned up the bird problem downtown they used to have...Sidewalk so filthy over by the Sheraton you wouldn't want to walk on them...

soonervegas
1/7/2011, 02:23 PM
Gay or not.....he is obviously in "trade up" mode.

Successful men trading in the old wife for a new, younger, firmer male/female. It's as American as apple pie....