PDA

View Full Version : OU beat Texas, Nebraska, OSU and won Big XII and Fiesta Bowl Championships...

Soonerus
1/6/2011, 12:52 AM
A great season by any standard...

Rocko
1/6/2011, 12:54 AM
Cool story bra.

But really, that's a pretty cool story!

SoonerOX
1/6/2011, 01:14 AM
A great season by any standard...

Yessir. I haven't seen too much bitchin' on the board about this year's result. I think we all knew that this team was a play or three from being a true MNC contender. Next year is looking good with a lot of starters coming back. Especially Travis Lewis, and possibly Broyles. I know that a few on here have "confirmed" that Broyles is returning, but I will feel much better when it comes from him directly.

yermom
1/6/2011, 01:15 AM
i'll feel better once that deadline has passed :D

sooner59
1/6/2011, 01:30 AM
I like playing in MNCs as much as the next person, but compared to the end results of most of this decade....I will enjoy this year and celebrate it as a great year to be a Sooner.

Boomer!

SouthFortySooner
1/6/2011, 02:37 AM
I agree I totally enoyed this season and never once got down on the team like some of these dweebs did. I was in Washington most all of the season and because no TV coverage there I had to rely on the game thread to follow the game. I don't know if it was new this year or has always been, but there were people who would post in them I am ashamed to share the term SoonerFan with. SFS

yermom
1/6/2011, 03:06 AM
i don't know, watching us not punch it in against the Aggies was pretty brutal to watch.

Mizzou was on fire though, and that crowd was just nuts. that was a lot easier to deal with.

i was pleasantly surprised by the turnaround at the end. winning at Baylor really seemed to be the turning point. and then coming back against Nebraska was something i haven't really seen us do. when is the last time we came back from being down by 3 scores and won?

King Barry's Back
1/6/2011, 03:20 AM
I agree I totally enoyed this season and never once got down on the team like some of these dweebs did. I was in Washington most all of the season and because no TV coverage there I had to rely on the game thread to follow the game. I don't know if it was new this year or has always been, but there were people who would post in them I am ashamed to share the term SoonerFan with. SFS

DC or Washington State?

Past few years I've spent many a Saturday evening following Sooner games live, sometimes on the game thread here (This is unsatisfactory as you get too many posts that say "Alright, that's the waaaayyyy!" or "S**t! I can't believe it!" and give you no idea what actually happened).

Also sometimes on the ESPN gametracker, or whatever they call it. At least you get to see the result of every play.

But for 2010 I switched to channelsurfing.net, and strongly recommend it. You'll be able to see about every Sooner game that is televised, and the picture quality is not to bad, either. And it's free!

setem
1/6/2011, 06:48 AM
I really enjoyed this season! Especially the ISU game that I don't remember!

Boomer.....
1/6/2011, 08:18 AM
It was a great season, no doubt. It sucks knowing that we should have won both road games that we lost. I'm not saying that we are a top 1/2 team, but we should be undefeated. Hopefully next year will be the year!

olevetonahill
1/6/2011, 09:01 AM
What you Talking about Bro. Only Us Sooners can Bitch about a 12 win season. Dayum it I expected that 8th Crystal this year. They better not mess up in 11 or I will bitch slap David .:P

Keller Sooner
1/6/2011, 09:26 AM
I'm looking at it as an undefeated season. Mizzou and Collie didn't beat them, they beat themselves. :)

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 10:28 AM
Took my two boys to there 1st OU game and SF tailgate. Met some great folks at the tailgates, and made peace with a long time poster. Attended my 1st bowl game ever, a BCS bowl game in Arizona. Made my 1st trip to Arizona and got to see the Sooners play. Team went 12-2, and only one of those losses really hurt, A&M.

Beat UT, Florida State, and Okie State. Sent Colorado and NU packing with losses to there new conferences. Beat an arrogant east coast team in UCONN...pretty damned good year.

BOOMER!

tfoolry
1/6/2011, 10:32 AM
More appropriate heading:

OU beat Nebraska, OSU, won the Big XII & Fiesta Bowl Championships & texass sux.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2011, 10:35 AM
All of you that got to meet me had a great season fo sho

stoopified
1/6/2011, 11:45 AM
A- season

SoonerPride
1/6/2011, 11:48 AM
My sources tell me that wins over *, osu, Nebraska, a Big 12 title and a BCS bowl win = A.

CobraKai
1/6/2011, 11:58 AM
Obviously I wouldn't want to concede any game before the season starts, but if you had told me in August that we would lose a few, but we would...
- Go undefeated in non-con
- Beat Texas
- Beat OSU (again)
- Beat Nebraska
- Win the Big 12
- Win a BCS bowl
- Heavily rely on several true freshmen

I would have taken that and been pretty happy. If you threw in that Texas would collapse on itself in spectacular fashion and Urban Meyer would quit, I would have been ecstatic.

That said, it was a great year and it leaves a lot to be excited about for next season.

reflector
1/6/2011, 12:10 PM
I enjoyed the season.

MyT Oklahoma
1/6/2011, 02:07 PM
I like playing in MNCs as much as the next person, but compared to the end results of most of this decade....I will enjoy this year and celebrate it as a great year to be a Sooner.

Boomer!

It's always a great year to be a Sooner. Some years moreso than others of course. ;)

But I am especially glad that I got to Norman for the ISU game and saw DeMarco break the touchdown record. Oh yeah!

OhU1
1/6/2011, 02:15 PM
I enjoyed our season a lot. I also enjoyed Texas's season a lot.

SunnySooner
1/6/2011, 02:24 PM
Yep, coming off of last year's struggles, this year was a blast. Felt really good to win the Fiesta Bowl, and the fact that this team is so young will keep a bounce in my step all summer long.

The playas we got coming back, an experienced LJ, and Joshie callin' the shots will mean seriously bad news for a lot of teams next year. Plus, I'll get to watch 'em decimate the 'Noles. Again. But in person, this time. Can't wait!!! Boomer!!!

Cornfed
1/6/2011, 02:29 PM
Although at the time I was severly dissapointed at our losses, we ended the season awesome!!!! I think this year was a great learning experience for our younger players. You just can't get better xp than under duress.

TUSooner
1/6/2011, 02:42 PM
What you Talking about Bro. Only Us Sooners can Bitch about a 12 win season. Dayum it I expected that 8th Crystal this year. They better not mess up in 11 or I will bitch slap David .:P

HEAR HIM !!!

We have STANDARDS, y'know??

:D

OUEngr1990
1/6/2011, 05:46 PM
I would take at OSU and insert FSU. We beat OSU all the time, that's really no big deal (was it ever a big deal?). But FSU has some serious hardware in their trophy cabinet.