PDA

View Full Version : VY Getting The Boot From Titans

sooner59
1/5/2011, 08:12 PM
ESPN breaking news says he will be released or traded. I guess Bud likes Fisher better. Wise choice, IMO. So who do the Titans go after? Collins is old and the other guy is in no way ready to start for them. Maybe they will draft Pryor. :rolleyes:

Blue
1/5/2011, 08:15 PM
Wow. Surprising.

kevpks
1/5/2011, 08:18 PM
It's a good thing my team (Rams fan since age 4) has a pretty solid QB. I would hate to think of VY under center for my favorite team next year. I'm looking at you Dolphins, Redskins and Cardinals fans.

olevetonahill
1/5/2011, 08:22 PM
I heard :texan: Needs an OC :pop:

sooner59
1/5/2011, 08:29 PM
I heard :texan: Needs an OC :pop:

Mack just got hard as concrete. :texan:

Okie35
1/5/2011, 08:30 PM
... and the Titans will get Gabbert

kelloggOUballa
1/5/2011, 08:30 PM
Hopefully he goes to the Vikings! A great talent, he needs to play for a real coach.

DarrellZero
1/5/2011, 08:55 PM
Young is a mediocre NFL QB and a head case.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

SoonerLB
1/5/2011, 09:29 PM
He gets what he deserves IMO. And I'd like to see some other owners cut some head cases as well. I don't wanna watch antics, showboaters, or whiners, let's just have some good football! ;)

Breadburner
1/5/2011, 09:50 PM
I bet this would be the first play VY would draw up.......

http://calc.m0hi1.com/static/tic-tac-toe.jpg

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 09:53 PM
Dumb move imo. The Titans were actually good with him at qb. Collins sucks and Fischer needs to be fired. One of the worst head coaches right now. All VY does is win

85sooners
1/5/2011, 10:07 PM
:gary:
Dumb move imo. The Titans were actually good with him at qb. Collins sucks and Fischer needs to be fired. One of the worst head coaches right now. All VY does is win:gary: Wtf

sappstuf
1/5/2011, 10:07 PM
Dumb move imo. The Titans were actually good with him at qb. Collins sucks and Fischer needs to be fired. One of the worst head coaches right now. All VY does is win

VY was 5-5 as a starter this year before getting hurt..

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 10:27 PM
31-17 overrall. How did the Titans finish with phucking Collins at the helm. I hate Fischer as a coach these last couple years

TUSooner
1/5/2011, 10:31 PM

I agree with everything you said, except for... everything you said. :P

VY is a head case, Fisher is a solid coach. Not worth sacrificing a solid, steady coach for a flaky nut-job.

THE-JROD
1/5/2011, 10:32 PM
Smart move..the end!

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 10:42 PM
Without Vince, Fischer is 117-109

Breadburner
1/5/2011, 10:53 PM
31-17 overrall. How did the Titans finish with phucking Collins at the helm. I hate Fischer as a coach these last couple years

Look at his record against teams over .500.....

THE-JROD
1/5/2011, 10:53 PM
Without Vince, how do you know they dont bring in someone that is sensational? Thats right, you dont!

Blue
1/5/2011, 10:55 PM
Without Vince, Fischer is 117-109

Yeah I'm not a huge VY fan, but I don't get all the Fischer love either.

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 11:10 PM
Without Vince, how do you know they dont bring in someone that is sensational? Thats right, you dont!

It doesn't matter who they bring in because Fischer won't play them until the owner forces him to like he did the first time with Vince. Fischer has such a hardon for Collins that he can't even see that he's losing games. All he does is look at Collins on tape and beats it

AlboSooner
1/5/2011, 11:11 PM
Can we say now he's a bust? He was a high draft pick if I'm not mistaken.

bikerdood
1/5/2011, 11:28 PM
Dumb move imo. The Titans were actually good with him at qb. Collins sucks and Fischer needs to be fired. One of the worst head coaches right now. All VY does is win...

...Hey, DOOOD, I need to know where that druglaced rock you been under is located... Oh, Maaan...

oudavid1
1/5/2011, 11:47 PM
As a Titans fan...........THANK YOU!!!!

soonerbub
1/5/2011, 11:48 PM
Maybe they'll draft weeden cowboy

melrosebeach
1/5/2011, 11:50 PM

Then where is his Super Bowls rings? Vince Young was a great college player, but his is average NFL player.

sappstuf
1/6/2011, 12:30 AM
According to one team source, Young had about four or five players in the Titans locker room who remained loyal to him and took his side in his highly publicized showdown with Fisher. The rest believed the team needed to cut ties with Young, and if it hadn't, there would have resulted in a line of players at Reinfeldt's door requesting an offseason trade.

A source told me the vast majority of Titans players had grown frustrated with Young's repeated maturity issues, and he still hadn't progressed to the point where he could seamlessly call plays in the huddle, or commit himself to the work and preparation required of an NFL starting quarterback. Adams was made aware of how widespread the rest of the locker room felt hamstrung and held back by Young's lack of development.

"The fact that he still has a hard time calling plays in the huddle, that's a problem for us," a Titans source said. "There's not indifference here about Vince. There's some serious animosity. A lot of guys would want out of here if he came back. Everyone knows he's the guy who's supposed to drive the car, he's supposed to be our leader. But he doesn't do the things you have to have your quarterback do. Guys can't trust him. Even after all this time. It had to start with not having No. 10 back here."

I guess one of the five post on this board! :)

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 04:29 AM
All VY does is win...31-17...

Any guess on what the 17 stands for?

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2011, 06:40 AM
Any guess on what the 17 stands for?

Twice Vince's Wonderlic score?

EatLeadCommie
1/6/2011, 07:12 AM

In spite of, not because of. Huge difference.

sooner518
1/6/2011, 08:39 AM
Twice Vince's Wonderlic score?

almost 3 times his score actually.

6*3 = 18

did anyone really think Vince Young was going to be a mature leader to a bunch of NFL players?

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 09:31 AM
Based on what Josh has produced as QB Coach at OU and what Sam did this year for the Rams.....The Titans should be probably hinting that they'd pay 90 Million for Landry if he'd leave School. Once you've tried a tejas Heisman Legend and it didn't pan out....why wait for Landry to get a Heisman next year when you can start grooming him now for next Season. They've tried the :mack: prodigy...why not sign something you know is always a solid bet? :D

stoopified
1/6/2011, 11:33 AM
Hopefully he goes to the Vikings! A great talent, he needs to play for a real coach.Bite your tongue,the Vikings don't need T.Jackson 2.0,they need a QB.

stoopified
1/6/2011, 11:34 AM
Hopefully he goes to the Vikings! A great talent, he needs to play for a real coach.Bite your tongue,the Vikings don't need T.Jackson 2.0,they need a QB.

dwarthog
1/6/2011, 02:02 PM
Hopefully he goes to the Vikings! A great talent, he needs to play for a real coach.

They certainly have experiences up there with head cases.....

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 03:09 PM
Based on what Josh has produced as QB Coach at OU and what Sam did this year for the Rams.....The Titans should be probably hinting that they'd pay 90 Million for Landry if he'd leave School. Once you've tried a tejas Heisman Legend and it didn't pan out....why wait for Landry to get a Heisman next year when you can start grooming him now for next Season. They've tried the :mack: prodigy...why not sign something you know is always a solid bet? :D

The closest thing Vince will ever to a Heisman will be a six pack of Bush.

SoonerNutt
1/6/2011, 03:11 PM
It doesn't matter who they bring in because Fischer won't play them until the owner forces him to like he did the first time with Vince. Fischer has such a hardon for Collins that he can't even see that he's losing games. All he does is look at Collins on tape and beats it

Fisher never liked VY. He was forced to draft him, and forced to play him even though VY has been virtually uncoachable. It has nothing at all to do with Kerry Collins. Collins is just the other guy who happens to be there.

Without VY, they'll go out and get someone else. Book it.

opksooner
1/6/2011, 04:58 PM
He needs a cyber-hug from Mack.

BillyBall
1/6/2011, 05:00 PM
My old man grew up in Bartlesville and is good friends with Steve, Bud Adams little brother. My dad sent me a message from Steve on Friday saying that he was gone, I had no idea my dad was a reliable source. Take that David.

SoonerMom2
1/6/2011, 06:08 PM
Fisher never liked VY. He was forced to draft him, and forced to play him even though VY has been virtually uncoachable. It has nothing at all to do with Kerry Collins. Collins is just the other guy who happens to be there.

Without VY, they'll go out and get someone else. Book it.

Norm Chow is who wanted Vince Young and then he bolted. Guess he figured out pretty fast that Young was uncoachable out of UT where Brown let him do what he wanted. Absolutely zero discipline. Would have to question the football smarts of anyone praising Vince Young. He was never worth a 1st round pick. I wouldn't have picked him in the 7th round. Been a head case for the Titans from Day One -- it is his way or no way and he found out in a fight with Fisher that he was expendable. Hope he goes to a team that I don't like. Would the Dolphins take a chance on him?

bluedogok
1/6/2011, 10:18 PM
Bud Adams wanted Vince Young, I don't think anyone else with the Titans did. Norm Chow wanted his guy Leinart. Bud is still trying to irritate the Houston people since they wouldn't build him a new stadium before he moved the Oilers to Tennessee, he still lives in Houston and has some connections to UT.

MusicCityMiracles.com - News Flash: Norm Chow Wanted Matt Leinart Instead of Vince Young (http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2008/8/27/602561/news-flash-norm-chow-wante)

Breadburner
1/6/2011, 10:33 PM
Young to the Cowboys.....!!!!!!!!!

DarrellZero
1/6/2011, 10:38 PM
Young to the Cowboys.....!!!!!!!!!

No thanks. We already have the great Stephen McGee. :)

FrostySooner
1/7/2011, 03:40 AM
Perfect fit for VY would probably be Oakland....they seem to always pick up the losers

Sooner74
1/7/2011, 04:38 AM
VY is a waste of talent. Who knew someone so dumb could come out of Texas? You can't tell me he had half the grades needed to get into Texas in the first place. I think I know quite a few 8th graders that are as smart as that pile of rocks.

dwarthog
1/7/2011, 08:35 AM
VY is a waste of talent. Who knew someone so dumb could come out of Texas? You can't tell me he had half the grades needed to get into Texas in the first place. I think I know quite a few 8th graders that are as smart as that pile of rocks.

You aren't insinuating shenanigan's of some sort with regards to keeping him eligible to play football, are you? :eek:

EatLeadCommie
1/7/2011, 08:56 AM
Norm Chow is who wanted Vince Young and then he bolted. Guess he figured out pretty fast that Young was uncoachable out of UT where Brown let him do what he wanted. Absolutely zero discipline. Would have to question the football smarts of anyone praising Vince Young. He was never worth a 1st round pick. I wouldn't have picked him in the 7th round. Been a head case for the Titans from Day One -- it is his way or no way and he found out in a fight with Fisher that he was expendable. Hope he goes to a team that I don't like. Would the Dolphins take a chance on him?

Chow wanted Leinart.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 10:00 AM
I guess VY will have more time for his recently opened steak house...

Tear Down This Wall
1/7/2011, 10:59 AM
Great QB my backside.

His one undefeated season came in 2005 when our coaching staff was wrongly over-enamored of Rhett Bomar. It was a mulligan of a season all the way around. And, those pretenders at Tech and A&M and Baylor and Oklahoma State were never going to do diddly-jack business against them if we didn't.

We shut out Vince Young and his horse poop teammates Cedric Benson, Limey Sweed, and Bo Scaife the year before, 12-0...while Bomar properly stood on the sideline with his helmet off, scratching his itchy crotch.

Vince Young is a pretender and that's all he'll ever be. I hope he gets traded to the Los Oakland Raiders and has to deal with that senile Al Davis.

Bar-b-que bacon-friend pork skins.

ashley
1/7/2011, 12:10 PM
All the tu fans think it is still 2005 and it is not. they can't even see that he is the one to blame.