PDA

View Full Version : I know there are still bowl games left...but how is it looking so far?

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2011, 05:56 PM
Your top 10 (and yes, you can save a place for the winner and loser of the BCS NCG).

1. Auburn/Oregon
2. TCU
3. Stanford
4. Auburn/Oregon
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. LSU (if they beat A&M)
8. Wisconsin
9. Oklahoma State
10. Nevada (if they beat Boston College)

The two that will move in the top 10 if either one or both LSU/Nevada lose their bowl game:
11. Alabama
12. Boise State

KantoSooner
1/5/2011, 06:02 PM
Nevada will beat BC like a gong. It could be a 50-3 type slaughter.

rekamrettuB
1/5/2011, 06:04 PM
1. Auburn/Oregon
2. Auburn/Oregon
3. TCU
4. Stanford
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
8. Wisconsin
9. Oklahoma State

dwarthog
1/5/2011, 06:04 PM
I don't think we are going to get much of an uplift for our victory over Uconn.

Final placement in the top 5 sounds like a nice thing, but we just didn't have that kind of year. IMO. Well do good to stay in the top 7.

For us, the future is bright and that is just fine by me.

Dwight
1/5/2011, 06:08 PM
1. Auburn
2. TCU
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. OU

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2011, 06:09 PM
I don't think we are going to get much of an uplift for our victory over Uconn.

Final placement in the top 5 sounds like a nice thing, but we just didn't have that kind of year. IMO. Well do good to stay in the top 7.

For us, the future is bright and that is just fine by me.

This was my top 10...lol

The media and coaches top 10 will look something like:

1. Auburn/Oregon
2. TCU
3. Auburn/Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
8. Wisconsin
9. Oklahoma State
10. Alabama

Nevada will not see the top 10. Boise will likely fall out of it because of how bad Alabama beat the **** out of Michigan State.

Now, if A&M beats LSU, look for all the teams below them to move up and Boise State or Nevada (of they beat BC) at #10.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2011, 06:17 PM
I figure we'll stay at 7. Wiscy only lost by 2 to #3 TCU. tOSU swaps places with Arkie at #6.

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2011, 06:23 PM
I figure we'll stay at 7. Wiscy only lost by 2 to #3 TCU. tOSU swaps places with Arkie at #6.

The loss by wisconsin will likely drop them 3 or 4 spots. I have never seen in any poll a loss and the loser only dropping 1 spot. Hell, even the loser of the BCS NCG game usually drops 2 or more spots if they both were undefeated going into the game.

Soonermagik
1/5/2011, 06:32 PM
1. Auburn/Oregon
2. Auburn/Oregon
3. TCU
4. Stanford
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
8. Wisconsin
9. Oklahoma State

^^^ Fail!!!

OU has to be ahead of Ohio State. Ohio State squeaked by an Arkansas team that dropped a ton of passes.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2011, 06:41 PM
^^^ Fail!!!

OU has to be ahead of Ohio State. Ohio State squeaked by an Arkansas team that dropped a ton of passes.

Yes, but Arkie was #8 and Uconn was unranked in the BCS (they are around #25 in the human polls).

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2011, 06:51 PM
Yes, but Arkie was #8 and Uconn was unranked in the BCS (they are around #25 in the human polls).

And your point?

We played a very good game against UCONN and if it were not for a Pick 6 and a KO ret TD, the score would have been much worse looking.

Yea, go ahead point at our 2 pick 6s....even with them subtracted, the score would have been 34-6.

OU did what they were suppose to do...Wisconsin didnt. Both now have 2 losses.

TCU is no slouch...but the Badgers lost last...and in the history of the polls, a loss usually drops you 3-4 spots in the final poll.

Sooner_Tuf
1/5/2011, 07:47 PM
The loss by wisconsin will likely drop them 3 or 4 spots. I have never seen in any poll a loss and the loser only dropping 1 spot. Hell, even the loser of the BCS NCG game usually drops 2 or more spots if they both were undefeated going into the game.

In 2003 OU lost the CCG and didn't drop out of the top 2. There are other instances but they are not common.

Leroy Lizard
1/5/2011, 08:01 PM
And your point?

We played a very good game against UCONN and if it were not for a Pick 6 and a KO ret TD, the score would have been much worse looking.

Yea, go ahead point at our 2 pick 6s....even with them subtracted, the score would have been 34-6.

TCU is no slouch...but the Badgers lost last...and in the history of the polls, a loss usually drops you 3-4 spots in the final poll.

http://weddingmarketing.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/rose-colored-glasses.jpg

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2011, 08:05 PM
And your point?

No point - just trying to predict how the standings will end up. I thought that's what you wanted when you started the thread. The difference between 6 or 7 is gnats nuts anyway, IMO.

SoonerOX
1/5/2011, 08:39 PM
I agree with OU in the top 7. Top five is a stretch, but would make me very happy!

rekamrettuB
1/5/2011, 08:45 PM
^^^ Fail!!!

OU lost to Mizzu and aTm. They should be behind a team that won a BCS bowl and only lost 1 game. I might be wrong but I would imagine, except for #2 being the loser of the BCS game, will look pretty darn close to what I have.

SoonerMarkVA
1/5/2011, 09:02 PM
OU is not jumping tOSU. Won't happen.

Eielson
1/5/2011, 10:24 PM
Are we doing what we think the top 10 should be, or what we think the top 10 will be?

MI Sooner
1/5/2011, 10:27 PM
In 2003 OU lost the CCG and didn't drop out of the top 2. There are other instances but they are not common.

Pretty sure we were 3rd in the polls after that, but 2nd in the BCS.

soonerbub
1/5/2011, 11:55 PM
1 aubbie
2 tcu
3 ducky
4 stan
5 bucknuts
6 wisky
7 BOOMER
8 boyzee
9 bama
10 t boone gundys

and yes that assumes an aggie beatdown of the leslies

sperry
1/6/2011, 12:05 AM
And your point?

We played a mediocre game against a bad team. We make mistakes like that against a good team, and it's a toss up whether we win or not (similar mistakes in Mizzou, aTm, and OSU games).

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2011, 12:28 AM
We played a mediocre game against a bad team. We make mistakes like that against a good team, and it's a toss up whether we win or not (similar mistakes in Mizzou, aTm, and OSU games).

Let me interpret. We played a good game against decent team. We made mistakes as every team does in every game - some forced by the opponent. The outcome was never in doubt and we dominated the stats. The game went as expected for a match-up of teams ranked #7 vs. #25. We probably stay ranked around #7.

Soonerus
1/6/2011, 12:36 AM
OU #1, get serious ...

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 04:25 AM
OSU in the top ten? I would be very surprised. I would think about twelve.

SC Sooner
1/6/2011, 08:58 AM
Here's my guess on the final Top 10:

1. Auburn/Oregon
2. TCU
3. Stanford
4. Auburn/Oregon
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
7. LSU
8. Wisconsin
9. Oklahoma State
10. Arkansas

Once again, we will start and finish in the top 10. Hopefully all the pieces fit together and injuries kept at bay, so we end up with NC NO. 8.

IndySooner
1/6/2011, 10:30 AM
My guess:

1) BCS winner
2) TCU
3) Stanford
4) tOSU
5) BCS loser
6) OU
7) LSU
8) Wisconsin
9) the other OSU
10) Bama

All of this assuming LSU wins. If they don't, slide Wisconsin, etc., up a spot and add Nevada (assuming they win) as #10.

sooner518
1/6/2011, 10:36 AM
my guess is:

1. BCS winner
2. TCU
3. BCS loser
4. Stanford
5. tOSU
6. OU
7. Wisky
8. LSU (if they win)
9. Bama
10. Boise

i doubt we jump tOSU. they have one loss. we have two. pollsters rarely jump a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team when they both won their games.