PDA

View Full Version : I thought the name Pederson was familiar...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/5/2011, 05:09 PM
The Pitt AD was the Nebbish AD who hired Callahillbillie and fired Solich. So he hires an accused felon and then rescinds it... Is he gonna Nebbish Pitt?

wahoosooner
1/5/2011, 10:01 PM
He was at Pitt before he went to Nebraska. He left Nebraska to go back to Pitt.

85sooners
1/5/2011, 10:03 PM
:D

SouthFortySooner
1/6/2011, 02:46 AM
Why did they call him AD when his initials are AP?

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 04:21 AM
The Pitt AD was the Nebbish AD who hired Callahillbillie and fired Solich. So he hires an accused felon and then rescinds it... Is he gonna Nebbish Pitt?

Nothing gets by you :D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 09:46 AM
Nothing gets by you :D

My mind is keen and I see all... ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 09:47 AM

Why on earth would they want him back?

royalfan5
1/7/2011, 10:12 AM
Why on earth would they want him back?

He hired Ben Howland and got a new arena built, and got them into the Steelers new stadium.

Scott D
1/7/2011, 12:08 PM
Wait I'm confused, are you saying Haywood was an accused felon before he was hired?

badger
1/7/2011, 12:25 PM

Haha, "he left Nebraska to go back to Pitt."

Let's turn back the clock and remember things a little more clearly, shall we?

Steve Pederson was apparently trying to rewrite Nebbish to his liking, much like a certain Howard was here. Removing plaques from past glory years, keeping athlete alums outta the office, etc.

The day when everything came crashing down was Homecoming (against Kansas, I think?) where they were honoring Dr. Oz and one of his championship teams. However, the fans were so pizzed at the action on the field that they left before halftime, leading to some of the worst concession sales ever.

(Fun side note: If you've ever been to Lincoln, you know that they have that whole release-balloon-after-first-TD tradition --- if they were following that, they were STILL holding their balloons at halftime)

So, Pederson was fired immediately after that game. FIRED. He didn't leave Nebraska for Pitt, they FIRED him at Nebraska. F-I-R-E-D fiirrrrreeeed.

(and then brought in Ozzy, who fired Callyburger at the end of the season)

SoonerLB
1/7/2011, 01:08 PM
The hiring of Pederson was the beginning of the end for Nebbish, resulting in a downward spiral that has ended in that dumpster commonly known as the big ten. Of course, as someone stated here a couple weeks ago, this has resulted in a win-win situation for both conferences, so maybe we should get the jerk a trophy, LOL!
:D :D :D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2011, 01:51 PM
Wait I'm confused, are you saying Haywood was an accused felon before he was hired?

No, may have worded that better. He hires a guy who THEN becomes an accused felon. I still haven't heard the whole deal. Just the Callahan hire was his at UNLincoln and then he hires a guy and two days after the pronouncement, he fires him because of accused felon status.

Pricetag
1/7/2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.rightfieldbleachers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/harry-doyle.jpg
Well, he should be.