PDA

View Full Version : Texas DC?

SoonerSnook
1/5/2011, 05:08 PM
http://texas.scout.com/2/1037094.html

Everyone seems to think this guy is pretty good.....

Jello Biafra
1/5/2011, 05:10 PM
good for them...

how did the vaunted blue raider defense do against us?

SoonerSnook
1/5/2011, 05:11 PM
I agree however he has a little different talent level to work with now.

stoopified
1/5/2011, 05:16 PM
One year in the SEC doesn't make for much of a resume IMHO.

THE-JROD
1/5/2011, 05:21 PM
Good for them, now lets hang half a hunerd on em next year :D

sendbaht
1/5/2011, 05:28 PM
Good for them. Be fun to watch them next year again like this year. All new staff from almost top to bottom looking to jell. Never easy and they will win one only to think, this is it....then lose 4 in a row....watch and see.

SoonerSnook
1/5/2011, 05:35 PM
Well of course they will...they do have to play some of their games at DKR next year.

SoonerNutt
1/5/2011, 05:37 PM
Good for them. Be fun to watch them next year again like this year. All new staff from almost top to bottom looking to jell. Never easy and they will win one only to think, this is it....then lose 4 in a row....watch and see.

I think they'll be a ton better next year.

Muschamp was their biggest problem. Not because he's a bad coach. He's a good coach, but the situation of being named HCIW too early, plus the politics and dissention surroundoing him just caused too much turmoil. Players felt they didn't have to answer to anybody, and they slacked it.

If Mack gets coaches who pull in the same direction and hold the players accountable for their level of effort, they will have one hell of a turnarount this year.

cjames317
1/5/2011, 06:23 PM
From what I saw in the Gator Bowl, it looks like he uses zone blitzes like Gary Patterson. Guess Josh and Landry will be spending a lot of time reviewing tape of his formations to see who blitzes from where.

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2011, 06:28 PM
Well, there is a goner in a few years.

Every time Ol' Yeller teef goes get him some SEC booty, he loses it in a couple of seasons!

Not to mention their defenses seem to go down hill with each new one he hires.

NorCal Sooner
1/5/2011, 09:15 PM

agree, he still a bit of an unknown.

ouduckhunter
1/5/2011, 10:57 PM

I agree it's not much, but will it be enough to annoint him as Coach in Waiting??

Partial Qualifier
1/5/2011, 11:08 PM
This hire is a stretch.

The only plausible explanation Texas hasn't filled all their open staff positions is their #1 and #2 options didn't pan out, and these hires -- Darrell Wyatt; Manny Diaz -- are screaming a "Welp boys, it's time to take some chances" -type situation.

I smell blood down there in Asstin. They're all discombobulated and second-guessing themselves at this point.

Always_Sooner
1/5/2011, 11:34 PM
I think bringing in Wyatt was the best move they have made so far.

NOVSooner
1/6/2011, 08:13 AM
Wilson, who left OU to go to MS State, will now be the DC for MS State since Diaz left. Just to throw this in the mix

SC Sooner
1/6/2011, 08:34 AM
http://texas.scout.com/2/1037094.html

Everyone seems to think this guy is pretty good.....

Yeah, after the first two turned Mack down. He the best of the rest.