PDA

View Full Version : Jim Traber....

Scott D
1/5/2011, 04:21 PM
Says a lot of stupid **** that you people take seriously.....the guy is as much of a hack on the air as he was at the plate.

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2011, 04:23 PM
I don't understand why Jim is bashed all the time. He's the only competent voice on the animal. Sure, he's a little arrogant, but that's part of the job he has. Why wouldn't Stanford not be 3rd best team? They're good.. really good. Had Oregon on the ropes in Autzen before a letdown late in the game and took care of everyone else on their schedule. I think people just look for a reason to rip sports media people. It's not that easy to sit up there and take heat 24/7. Who cares if he THINKS Stanford should be 3rd. It's HIS opinion and not yours. I'd go 1)Auburn 2)Oregon 3)Stanford 4)TCU 5)Oklahoma/Arkansas in my final 5. OU didn't beat a very good team in UCONN, yet no one on here is bashing them and making it sound like they shouldn't be 5th or higher... Make sense?

:D

Cornfed
1/5/2011, 04:24 PM
Opinions make the world go round.....

rekamrettuB
1/5/2011, 04:35 PM

I thought it was the conservation of angular momentum?

By the way...did you pay Taylor Martinez' dad for your username?

Mad Dog Madsen
1/5/2011, 04:39 PM
the guy is as much of a hack on the air as he was at the plate.

OUCH! Sad but true... :D

OUChampsBig12
1/5/2011, 05:17 PM
I like Traber, he is what we think he is............... A Poke and a Radio Personality, but hey he is person too. He is suppose to **** people off, it makes for good radio ratings. Sad to say, but I have several friends that are Pokes and we get along great except for several times a year:D ! I think Traber would be that kind of guy. I can only imagine hearing him yelling "hey big man" when he is out having a good time - too funny. To me he is real!

btb916
1/5/2011, 07:10 PM
It's like he says, if you don't like him, and listen anyway, that's your problem.

THE-JROD
1/5/2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g

BusterRhymes86
1/5/2011, 07:26 PM
He is the only one on that station that doesn't stutter. So give him some credit for that.

KBoomer11
1/5/2011, 08:08 PM
If any of you hacks who listen to the sports animal and come here and whine about it choose to make a new sports radio station, I'll give it a listen, but I bet it wouldn't be any better. Until then, either don't listen, quit being jealous, or quit whining. Thanks.

thatmediadude
1/5/2011, 08:17 PM
If any of you hacks who listen to the sports animal and come here and whine about it choose to make a new sports radio station, I'll give it a listen, but I bet it wouldn't be any better. Until then, either don't listen, quit being jealous, or quit whining. Thanks.

Exactly.

Turd_Ferguson
1/5/2011, 08:22 PM
If any of you hacks who listen to the sports animal and come here and whine about it choose to make a new sports radio station, I'll give it a listen, but I bet it wouldn't be any better. Until then, either don't listen, quit being jealous, or quit whining. Thanks.You use a lot of commas.

Cornfed
1/5/2011, 08:22 PM
By the way...did you pay Taylor Martinez' dad for your username?

The question is does Taylor Martinez's dad pay me for use of the name.

KBoomer11
1/5/2011, 08:27 PM
You use a lot of commas.

Thank you for, pointing, that out.

70sooner
1/5/2011, 09:06 PM

I dunno, there are some on here who would disagree with that, LOL!~ ;)

I Am Right
1/5/2011, 09:09 PM
Just get him to perserve your glove.

85sooners
1/5/2011, 10:34 PM
Fuk traber

oumartin
1/5/2011, 10:42 PM

Mark Rodgers?

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 04:32 AM
Opinions are like trabers, everybody has one.

ousooners182
1/6/2011, 04:38 AM
jim traber is an idiot

oudavid1
1/6/2011, 05:11 AM
Traber is the best on the animal. Except when Stoops is on.

setem
1/6/2011, 06:48 AM
The one major thing that pissed me off about Traber is when he ****s on pro baseball players on the air. The man's pro career was not all the great as it is but he was on the '88 Orioles team that started the season 0-21(so was Ripken jr but he is Ripken jr!) they did not win a game til April if I am not mistaken. Anyone with his background in baseball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g) should not be allowed to crap on other baseball players. **** him!

SC Sooner
1/6/2011, 08:43 AM
Living in AZ I can't hear him anyway, but when I lived in OK, and it was possible, I couldn't stand his whiney voice. I tried and tried (ok, 3-4 times was all I could stand). The more excited (pokie fans read as passionate) he got about a subject the higher his voice would go. He was a huge poke homer, while constantly denying that, all in all, I found music to be a much better alternative to his whiney rants. Someone once posted a video of one of his games while in the Japan leagues, it was funny to say the least.

Sooners78
1/6/2011, 08:51 AM
The one major thing that pissed me off about Traber is when he ****s on pro baseball players on the air. The man's pro career was not all the great as it is but he was on the '88 Orioles team that started the season 0-21(so was Ripken jr but he is Ripken jr!) they did not win a game til April if I am not mistaken. Anyone with his background in baseball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g) should not be allowed to crap on other baseball players. **** him!

The same goes for college qbs. Have you seen any old footage of him at OSU? He was worse than Dean Blevins.

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2011, 09:23 AM

Exactly.

Mark, Jim . . . that you? :rolleyes:

KBoomer11
1/6/2011, 10:32 AM
Caught us! Thought we were being discreet enough :D

Soonerson1975
1/6/2011, 10:34 AM
I thought him bashing Adrian Beltre yesterday for his batting stats would be like Pauly Shore bashing Al Pacino's acting.

SoonerPride
1/6/2011, 10:44 AM

After the Big 12 Houston fiasco I did quit listening.

And I haven't missed it once.

Not.
Once.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wSkAkvE38

b8wSkAkvE38

setem
1/6/2011, 01:00 PM
Jim Traber - Jersey Mikes biggest fan since 2006! FAT ****!

StoopTroup
1/6/2011, 01:08 PM

Not.
Once.

Thanks.

b8wSkAkvE38

Al shouldn't be allowed to cover our games just for being associated with that dickwheel.

SoonerPride
1/6/2011, 01:11 PM
Al shouldn't be allowed to cover our games just for being associated with that dickwheel.

I actually lol'd at that.

Breadburner
1/6/2011, 01:17 PM
Flying Dickwheel that is....!!!!!

Sooner_Tuf
1/6/2011, 01:34 PM

Not.
Once.

Thanks.

b8wSkAkvE38

You know I think we have all known Traber was an idiot pretty much since the first time we heard him speak. He just spouts whatever at any given moment. He rips people all the time for doing the same things he has done.

I had forgotten about this little clip about Nate Hybl. It really shows Jim Traber for exactly who he is. We knew all we needed to know about Gottlieb's character before he ever set foot in Oklahoma.

Funny though the deer in headlights look these guys (adults, sorta) get when they realize Nate is there to defend himself. Now he isn't even in the same state as them just on the same show. Nate stammers a little bit and Jim Traber and Doug Gottlieb **** down their legs. Talk about being someone's beyotch.

PalmBeachSooner
1/6/2011, 01:36 PM

hmmm...here I thought it was Britney Spears rear

KBoomer11
1/6/2011, 02:02 PM
Jim deserves to get ripped on some things, but 90% of the time he is entertaining. If you are going to rip on someone from the Sports animal then it needs to involve BBJ.

Cornfed
1/6/2011, 02:22 PM
hmmm...here I thought it was Britney Spears rear

Thats just your eyes.....:P

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 02:23 PM

I was living out of state at the time, so I did't have 1st hand information that the Hybl thing had ever happened. I watched the video for the 1st time last night, and was appalled by Traber's behavior. He would have been better off sticking another dip of Copenhagen in his mouth and shutting his fat ****ing yapper!

He would NEVER have done that to an oSu player.

In Al's defense, he defended Hybl, while trying to act somewhat professional. I was OK with Traber until I saw that crap. Now, he's just a ****in tool that's lucky to have a job giving his opinion on sports. Personally, he comes across as a washed up ball player who feels that he's doing a job that's beneath him now.

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2011, 02:29 PM
Jim deserves to get ripped on some things, but 90% of the time he is entertaining. If you are going to rip on someone from the Sports animal then it needs to involve BBJ.

I knew it.

Aldebaran
1/6/2011, 02:30 PM
I'd say he plays on the same level as his callers.

Niether smarter or dumber than.

TUSooner
1/6/2011, 02:40 PM
I've heard enough of OKC sports radio to know that it's better than what's on in New Orleans. In this town there's WWL 870 AM (& the Same Old S--- on 105-something FM) which is 99% Saints, 24/7/365 ,and 1% LSU. And that is NOT an exaggeration. The only alternative we have is 1350 AM which is the local ESPN Radio outlet, except for when the Food Show is on from 3 to 6 PM. (Yes, I said the Food Show. I think "Only in New Orleans" is there a radio show devoting 3 hours to talk and phone-ins about food and cooking and dining out.) The ESPN Radio is usually better than WWL's All Saints All the Time format. I mean, I love the Saints but am fed up with listening to that drunk, ignorant coon-*** Booby Hebert rant and babble. Give me Traber! Count your blessings, OK people, at least you seem to have a bit of variety.... or at least some variety of opinion.

Soonersince57
1/6/2011, 04:03 PM
Yesterday Traber said he doesn't like monosyllablic first and last names. I wonder if that included Bob Stoops?

Scott D
1/6/2011, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Jim Traber doesn't like Japanese dudes that kick his ***, Bob Horner, and anyone with a pulse.

Soonermagik
1/6/2011, 05:58 PM
I think a lot of his radio show is an act. He just says stuff to rile people up. He's always talking about ratings, so that's his first objective. He says things to get people talking and it looks like mission accomplished.

Scott D
1/6/2011, 06:11 PM
This thread has served it's purpose.

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Jim Traber doesn't like Japanese dudes that kick his ***, Bob Horner, and anyone with a pulse.

OK, I was a big Braves fan growing up...what's the Traber/Horner reference? Hopefully Horner whipped his ***.

Scott D
1/7/2011, 12:17 PM
I dunno, I got banned from Traber's board like 3 days after he started it for saying that Traber's ability on the field couldn't hold Bob Horner's jockstrap (I picked Horner because he and I share the same hometown). Pretty sure it was my 2nd or 3rd post there.

OUthunder
1/7/2011, 12:33 PM
I dunno, I got banned from Traber's board like 3 days after he started it for saying that Traber's ability on the field couldn't hold Bob Horner's jockstrap (I picked Horner because he and I share the same hometown). Pretty sure it was my 2nd or 3rd post there.

One thing is for sure, Traber is a very insecure human being. That's why he's always saying "Give it up to me." His wife must be a deaf saint.

Sooner_Bob
1/7/2011, 12:35 PM

I think they banned everyone who didn't hang on Jim's every word.

Breadburner
1/7/2011, 04:15 PM
His penis is waayyyyyyyyyy smaller than Favres.........