PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saben is in OKC

soonerwalt
1/5/2011, 01:35 PM
Just saw Bama's Nick Saben land at Wiley Post in UA's corporate (VERY SWEET RIDE) so one of my associates followed him. He went directly to Heritage Hall. Hmmmmm??? Who do you think goes there??? Sure hope Bobby aint falling down on the job

colinreturn
1/5/2011, 01:36 PM
huh

tiki
1/5/2011, 01:40 PM
That would be to see Barry Sanders Jr. We have no chance of getting him. Bama and the Pokes are his top choices last I heard.

SpankyNek
1/5/2011, 01:41 PM
They need a D-Line coach...time to give Shipp a big raise.

Sooner13
1/5/2011, 01:41 PM
Just saw Bama's Nick Saben land at Wiley Post in UA's corporate (VERY SWEET RIDE) so one of my associates followed him. He went directly to Heritage Hall. Hmmmmm??? Who do you think goes there??? Sure hope Bobby aint falling down on the job

Barry Sanders Jr. Would be a good guess....

soonerwalt
1/5/2011, 01:42 PM
talk about an offense that would suit somebody. At Bama he'd be a beast

btb916
1/5/2011, 01:43 PM
Mick Brown is in Norman today.

soonerboomer93
1/5/2011, 01:52 PM
Stoops to Denver

Saban to OU

badger
1/5/2011, 01:55 PM
Man, Sabanball, I hope you guys get him. The tears of unfathomable sadness falling from Stillwater would ensure that the state of Oklahoma would never have another Dust Bowl or drought... rather, it might cause a drought of bowls for Oklahoma State.

If you ever lurk at OP, they're talking about junior (who isn't really junior, btw) like he's already a guaranteed commit for them. To lose a player named "barry sanders" wouldn't just be yanking the rug out from underneath them. It would be setting the rug on fire while tanking Boone's hedge fund ensuring that their invisible athletic village stays invisible :stunned:

soonerwalt
1/5/2011, 01:56 PM
Well that didnt take long.
Saben has left the building....thanks for coming everybody

boomermagic
1/5/2011, 02:27 PM
OU needs to get him Hell he's right there in OKC Bob needs to get him.. We can't just say he's not going to OU Bob needs to find a way.. I'm serious If Bob doesn't it is a hellova loss for Bob and OU..

Jello Biafra
1/5/2011, 02:41 PM
That would be to see Barry Sanders Jr. We have no chance of getting him. Bama and the Pokes are his top choices last I heard.

well it certainly isnt to see the big arsed lineman at HH....he has a prior leaning that he will follow

Jello Biafra
1/5/2011, 02:42 PM
OU needs to get him Hell he's right there in OKC Bob needs to get him.. We can't just say he's not going to OU Bob needs to find a way.. I'm serious If Bob doesn't it is a hellova loss for Bob and OU..

still rather have shepard

LakeRat
1/5/2011, 02:44 PM
I believe that he told bob pretty much no chance, as if he was NSU out of tahlequah. I don't think we have a chance.

sooner518
1/5/2011, 02:45 PM

why would we waste time on someone who has apparently shown no interest in OU? he aint his daddy....

anglachel
1/5/2011, 02:47 PM
So that's what I smelled earlier.

fadada1
1/5/2011, 02:54 PM
Stoops to Denver

Saban to OU

is this true?????

;)

SouthFortySooner
1/5/2011, 04:25 PM
We can watch Brandon Williams tonight and we'll all feel better.

rekamrettuB
1/5/2011, 04:28 PM

Hey can you "lose" something you never had? I think OU will be just fine.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/5/2011, 04:29 PM
I heard he was wearing this hat when he got off the plane...

http://www.planebuzz.com/NickSaban-1.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
1/5/2011, 04:40 PM
He needs to go somewhere where they run block.

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 05:59 PM
Is that even legal right now? To have an in-house visit while he's a junior.

Aldebaran
1/5/2011, 06:05 PM
Wow... Just, wow.

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 06:14 PM
Wow... Just, wow.

Not being butthurt, but I was pretty sure that he couldn't talk to an underclassman off of Alabama's campus.

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 06:15 PM
Also, how solid is Josh Turner. Is there a chance he was there to talk to him

Tin Cup
1/5/2011, 06:37 PM
Also, how solid is Josh Turner. Is there a chance he was there to talk to him

Turner attends Millwood, not Heritage Hall.

pb4ou
1/5/2011, 06:43 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=nfp-20110105_barry_sanders_jr_alabamas_ingram_to_enter _nfl_draft

CowboyMRW
1/5/2011, 06:47 PM
Turner attends Millwood, not Heritage Hall.

I know. I just read that he was in OKC and thought that maybe he dropped down to see if he was still solid

A Sooner in Texas
1/5/2011, 07:29 PM
Mick Brown is in Norman today.

And where is Rob Stoups?????

soonerhubs
1/5/2011, 07:36 PM
Is he related to Coach Nick Saban for the Alabama Crimson Tide? If not, then I see no violation in visiting anyone he wants. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/5/2011, 07:43 PM
Just saw Bama's Nick Saben land at Wiley Post in UA's corporate (VERY SWEET RIDE) so one of my associates followed him.

http://www.newstalk.ie/wp-content/files/2010/06/detective.jpg

That is sooooo obsessive.

BusterRhymes86
1/5/2011, 07:46 PM
Stephen Hawking to Home Depot

GDC
1/5/2011, 08:43 PM
I believe that he told bob pretty much no chance, as if he was NSU out of tahlequah. I don't think we have a chance.

You got a problem with NSU?

AlbqSooner
1/5/2011, 08:47 PM
You got a problem with NSU?

When it stands for Non Specific Urethritis, I got a BIG problem with it.

I Am Right
1/5/2011, 09:10 PM
Is he going to be the OC for osu sucks

OUmillenium
1/6/2011, 09:36 AM
When it stands for Non Specific Urethritis, I got a BIG problem with it.

NonSpecific could be nothing, though.

KantoSooner
1/6/2011, 09:41 AM
so when you say, "I got nothin',...

jkjsooner
1/6/2011, 09:47 AM
well it certainly isnt to see the big arsed lineman at HH....he has a prior leaning that he will follow

I went to a game earlier this year and it seemed to me that kid only played on short yardage situations. I know he's young. Is he considered D1 material? I would think he could be a beast if he lost about 50 lbs.

Sabanball
1/6/2011, 01:29 PM
Man, Sabanball, I hope you guys get him. The tears of unfathomable sadness falling from Stillwater would ensure that the state of Oklahoma would never have another Dust Bowl or drought... rather, it might cause a drought of bowls for Oklahoma State.

If you ever lurk at OP, they're talking about junior (who isn't really junior, btw) like he's already a guaranteed commit for them. To lose a player named "barry sanders" wouldn't just be yanking the rug out from underneath them. It would be setting the rug on fire while tanking Boone's hedge fund ensuring that their invisible athletic village stays invisible :stunned:

I hope we can too, Badger. Other than few exceptions like Mark Anderson back earlier in the decade, we don't get many players from your state though. I think a lot of where he ends up going depends on who Okie State ultimately gets as their new OC, and supposedly he is strongly considering FSU now as well. A couple of things in our favor though-- He would flourish in our style of O, and with Mark Ingram gone now to the NFL and Trent Richardson probably leaving after next season(2011 will be his junior season) to go there, Barry could be an immediate impact player as a freshman. Also, even though Barry Sr apparently still maintains ties with Stillwater and owns a number of businesses there, he apparently is remaining neutral in the younger Barry's decision-making process AND has agreed to accompany him on an OV to Tuscaloosa at some point this year. Add to that Barry (the younger) has already visited our campus once and we've got one of the best recruiters in the business going after him personally(Saban has supposedly taken on Barry's recruitment directly), and there is some reason for optimism that he could end up at Bama.

We'd love to have him, but in the end I still think he'll be a tough pull for us.

Sabanball
1/6/2011, 01:37 PM
They need a D-Line coach...time to give Shipp a big raise.

Don't worry, Jackie will not be coming back to Bama anytime soon. Besides, our vacancy in that position was filled very quickly. We hired Chris Rumph from Clemson, less than 24 hrs after Bo Davis left for Texas.

yermom
1/6/2011, 01:40 PM
maybe i'm a little biased, but it seems like there is something wrong with someone from OK that doesn't want to come to OU if they are really talented :D

of course, i don't know anything about this kid. naming him "Barry Sanders" really sets him up for failure. is anyone not going to think less of him if he doesn't live up to his dad's legacy? if he goes to OSU that will be even more the case, i'd think.

would he be content just being another running back on the depth chart somewhere? will fans turn on him if he doesn't rush for 2000 yards right away?

RacerX
1/6/2011, 01:42 PM
HH coaches have a big time aggie lean.

badger
1/6/2011, 01:44 PM
We'd love to have him, but in the end I still think he'll be a tough pull for us.

But... if you don't get him, he's less than 6 feet tall and much of his recruiting seems to be off a youtube video and his daddy's name, so I'm sure you'll find good backs out there even if you don't land Sanders.

:D the main reason i want you guys to get him isn't because I think he's the second-coming of Barry Sanders... it's because the Pokes think he is the second-coming of Barry Sanders and will absolutely die in T-Boone's money pit if another school has the son of their only Heisman winner (whom they stole the recruiting tape to ensure he wouldn't get recruited elsewhere, btw).

You have not seen a meltdown till you've seen an OP meltdown :stunned:

naming him "Barry Sanders" really sets him up for failure.
It might have just been a power play by mommy to remind daddy of his financial obligation to her for the next 18 years. I've seen this often in players' out-of-wedlock children, that they will name them after their famous fathers even before paternity is established. Sad but true. I don't know the mother, so I don't know if this was the intent or not

Sabanball
1/6/2011, 01:50 PM
Per your local fish wrap, Saban and our recruiting coordinator, Curt Cignetti, were indeed at HH to see Barry Sanders....

http://www.newsok.com/alabamas-nick-saban-visits-barry-sanders-says-he-believes-mark-ingram-will-go-pro/article/3529693?custom_click=pod_lead_high-school?utm_source=Moggy

texaspokieokie
1/6/2011, 03:19 PM
bama will renege when they notice he's less than 6' tall. (like his dad)

tiki
1/6/2011, 03:39 PM
I hope we aren't visiting him because if we are then we are breaking NCAA rules as did Saban did by actually talking to him. I can't believe noone has mentioned this before now. The paper said this morning that they talked in the cafeteria.

Can't talk to an underclassman in high school directly.

KantoSooner
1/6/2011, 03:40 PM
somehow I find it hard to believe that Nick 'Napoleon' Saban is biased against short people.

Cue Randy Newman....

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 03:41 PM
:D the main reason i want you guys to get him isn't because I think he's the second-coming of Barry Sanders... it's because the Pokes think he is the second-coming of Barry Sanders and will absolutely die in T-Boone's money pit if another school has the son of their only Heisman winner (whom they stole the recruiting tape to ensure he wouldn't get recruited elsewhere, btw).

Many Pokes that I know figure that he will wind up at either UCLA or Alabama. We all know that he likes us but he needs to look out for number 1 and that would in fact be Bama. We look to be loaded at back which would lend to not very much PT most likely for his first couple years. Also we know that there is no one in the world that will EVER match Barry's '88 season. It is impossible and he truly was a great player. BJ may in fact be great but he's not BS

CowboyMRW
1/6/2011, 03:42 PM
I hope we aren't visiting him because if we are then we are breaking NCAA rules as did Saban did by actually talking to him. I can't believe noone has mentioned this before now. The paper said this morning that they talked in the cafeteria.

That's exactly what I thought but I was told that the no contact period ended the 4th

sooner518
1/6/2011, 03:42 PM

seems like if he was breaking rules like that, he wouldnt do it that brazenly. im guessing there is some reason he is able to do this legally

texaspokieokie
1/6/2011, 03:44 PM
somehow I find it hard to believe that Nick 'Napoleon' Saban is biased against short people.

Cue Randy Newman....

forgot emoticon. making lite of another who seems to have a bitter hatred of all things osu.

badger
1/6/2011, 03:52 PM
BJ may in fact be great but he's not BS

[/sophomoric giggling]

I meant Internet Pokes would die, I don't mean the reasonable ones I work and live around in the Tulsa area. They all are still astounded everytime OSU wins but wear orange regardless :)

Sabanball
1/6/2011, 04:19 PM

Nick was not breaking any rules by visiting with Barry Sanders.

You're referring to the most recent dead period, the last day of which was 1/3/2011. Nick's visit was on 1/5. Per the NCAA handbook for the 2010-11 football season--

•December 20-January 3: Dead Period (staff may have contact with recruits who have been admitted for mid-year enrollment)

The next quiet period is Jan. 9th, and the next dead period will be Jan. 10-13, 2011.

rekamrettuB
1/6/2011, 04:31 PM
I know of a recruit here in Oklahoma that the Pokes spoke with during "silent time" or "no contact time" or whatever it's called. They even mentioned that to this recruit. I'm sure it happens all the time at every school so I'm not real concerned about it.

badger
1/6/2011, 04:31 PM
Nick was not breaking any rules by visiting with Barry Sanders.

Sabbie, he might be referring to the fact that Barry is a junior. He is not Barry Jr., but he is a junior, not a senior :D

tiki
1/6/2011, 04:58 PM
Correct badger,

i was only referring to his status of a jr and not a sr. That is the rule that was broken.

For the ones stating that he wouldn't do this in a brazen fashion, he is notorious for doing this in a very brazen fashion in front of other coaches. I seriously doubt anything would happen but it is a rule violation.

texaspokieokie
1/6/2011, 06:12 PM
[/sophomoric giggling]

I meant Internet Pokes would die, I don't mean the reasonable ones I work and live around in the Tulsa area. They all are still astounded everytime OSU wins but wear orange regardless :)

glad you cleared that up.

batonrougesooner
1/6/2011, 06:34 PM

I would think that Saban wouldn't just "forget" the rules. For something like this I'm sure he's quite clear on what the rules allow him to do.

Soonerpsycho
1/6/2011, 06:38 PM
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6421/ll8t.jpg

OUthunder
1/6/2011, 06:39 PM
Folks! Everyone knows that Heritage Hall has the best drug dealers in the area. He was just stopping buy for a quick score.

badger
1/6/2011, 06:47 PM
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6421/ll8t.jpg

I've heard of Saban's legendary short statue, but this just confirms it - he's even shorter that Barry Sanders' son :P

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2011, 07:03 PM
guess he tried "hiding" his bama coaching status by wearing brown...

"hey isn't that the coach of 'bama?"...nah that's a used car salesman that barry jr is getting a car from....

Sabanball
1/6/2011, 10:58 PM
Correct badger,

i was only referring to his status of a jr and not a sr. That is the rule that was broken.

For the ones stating that he wouldn't do this in a brazen fashion, he is notorious for doing this in a very brazen fashion in front of other coaches. I seriously doubt anything would happen but it is a rule violation.

You're right, nothing will happen, it was not an 'official visit' but a 'bump'. This happens and goes on all the time. Nick is a relentless recruiter and knows how to go right up to the line without totally crossing it, and looks for loop holes. For instance, he started using teleconferencing via video over the internet to talk with recruits several years ago, even though contact by telephone and in person was prohibited. All good coaches look for an edge or advantage within the rules without breaking them--this is one way they do it.

texaspokieokie
1/7/2011, 09:18 AM
how can it be a "bump" ???

CowboyMRW
1/8/2011, 12:25 AM
Any truth to the rumor that OU and OSU both reported Saban for his actions

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2011, 01:50 AM
HH coaches have a big time aggie lean.Maybe the Millwood coaches have a big time Sooner hatred? We seem to miss on every one of their stars.

oumartin
1/8/2011, 06:11 AM
You're right, nothing will happen, it was not an 'official visit' but a 'bump'. This happens and goes on all the time. Nick is a relentless recruiter and knows how to go right up to the line without totally crossing it, and looks for loop holes. For instance, he started using teleconferencing via video over the internet to talk with recruits several years ago, even though contact by telephone and in person was prohibited. All good coaches look for an edge or advantage within the rules without breaking them--this is one way they do it.

No Saban goes up to the line and crosses it. This is a secondary violation that receives no punishment so why worry about it. He's done this for years and isn't afraid of the NCAA from what I have heard.

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 01:42 PM
Hey can you "lose" something you never had? I think OU will be just fine.

NEVER ONCE SAID OU WOULDN'T BE FINE BUT WE AIN'T LOST HIM YET EITHER AND HE'S WORTH GETTING.. IF THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE TO YOU THERE AIN'T NO HOPE FOR YA SON..

rekamrettuB
1/8/2011, 01:52 PM
NEVER ONCE SAID OU WOULDN'T BE FINE BUT WE AIN'T LOST HIM YET EITHER AND HE'S WORTH GETTING.. IF THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE TO YOU THERE AIN'T NO HOPE FOR YA SON..

Thank you Billy Mays.

OU's loaded at RB. He's never shown a whole lot of interest in OU for whatever reason. I guess I just don't understand how it would be a "helluva loss" for OU.

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 01:58 PM
Thank you Billy Mays.

OU's loaded at RB. He's never shown a whole lot of interest in OU for whatever reason. I guess I just don't understand how it would be a "helluva loss" for OU.

Oh hell, We oughta just turn him down if he decides he wants to come to OU.. He ain't worth a **** anyway.. ..

rekamrettuB
1/8/2011, 02:00 PM
Oh hell, We oughta just turn him down if he decides he wants to come to OU.. He ain't worth a **** anyway.. Your a dumbass..

Thanks. I think a lot of you too oh Master of Recruiting.. :D

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks. I think a lot of you too oh Master of Recruiting.. :D

Don't give a rats *** what ya think of me ... But it makes no sense to give up.. If Switzer had just given up we would have never gotten the GREATS that he recruited.. It's not like he didn't have any rb's when he got Sims and King and Dupree, Washington etc.. Hell, I for one hope Sanders Jr. comes to OU let's see what he's got..

gaylordfan1
1/8/2011, 02:16 PM
He's not coming here, I think Stoops has moved on. I think he has this recruiting thing down more than us.

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 02:21 PM
He's not coming here, I think Stoops has moved on. I think he has this recruiting thing down more than us.

Could be but we don't know that Bob has MOVED ON besides maybe BSJ decides he wants to come to OU at the last moment I'm sure none of us know and I'm equally as sure that Bob hasn't given up..

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 02:29 PM
Don't give a rats *** what ya think of me ... But it makes no sense to give up.. If Switzer had just given up we would have never gotten the GREATS that he recruited.. It's not like he didn't have any rb's when he got Sims and King and Dupree, Washington etc.. Hell, I for one hope Sanders Jr. comes to OU let's see what he's got..

IN YER FACE BUTTER!!!11!

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 02:33 PM
IN YER FACE BUTTER!!!11!

Back in yours and up yours ! Ain't this fun ??

waynepayne
1/8/2011, 02:43 PM
Back in yours and up yours ! Ain't this fun ??

yer not doing it right...

gaylordfan1
1/8/2011, 02:48 PM
Could be but we don't know that Bob has MOVED ON besides maybe BSJ decides he wants to come to OU at the last moment I'm sure none of us know and I'm equally as sure that Bob hasn't given up..

I know what ur saying. I'm sure our recruiters esp Gundy has a feel to whether or not he even has us on his radar. If he wants to come here by all means come on. But by all reports he's going elsewhere. There's no reason to waste time and effort on a player that has no interest.

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 07:54 PM
I know what ur saying. I'm sure our recruiters esp Gundy has a feel to whether or not he even has us on his radar. If he wants to come here by all means come on. But by all reports he's going elsewhere. There's no reason to waste time and effort on a player that has no interest.

True dat for sure and I doubt we get him but I sorta hope we do mostly because osu wants him so bad..:D

boomermagic
1/8/2011, 07:55 PM
yer not doing it right...

Sorry guess I cheated...:D

mightysooner
1/9/2011, 03:57 PM
We're pretty deep at tailback. I think we'll be just fine.

soonerloyal
1/10/2011, 06:51 AM
Just saw Bama's Nick Saben land at Wiley Post in UA's corporate (VERY SWEET RIDE)

After last season, maybe Saban is saying he just wants "exactly what they (Oklahoma) got." :D

bent rider
1/10/2011, 11:33 AM
Did Saban make a big contribution to Barry Sanders' church??
That's OK with the NCAA, now, ya know.

Since he accidently bumped into Barry, Jr, maybe he accidentally dropped some coins from his pocket. Like some Krugerrands.

bent rider
1/10/2011, 11:46 AM
Well that didnt take long.
Saben has left the building....thanks for coming everybody

Did you get the tail number on that jet?

Was it N1UA, like this aircraft?

http://www.decaturdaily.com/uploads/inline/1283053860_e93e.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/6/5/1298565.jpg