PDA

View Full Version : Tressel and Stoops..

Soonermagik
1/5/2011, 08:05 AM
They are slowly turning around their reputations. A lot of people have said they can't finish out seasons. You constantly hear they can get to big games, but never win. I always thought they were very similar coaches.

Both now are 2-0 in their last 2 bowl games. I think Tressel has won more BCS games than Stoops. However, he has lost several of them too. Maybe both schools are finally getting over their bowl woes.

soonerloyal
1/5/2011, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't sully Robert Anthony Stoops' name by mentioning that other guy in the same *inhale, exhale* breath. I look down upon bucknuts with the same sports contempt I do 'horns.

SoonerStormchaser
1/5/2011, 08:43 AM
I look down upon bucknuts with the same sports contempt I do 'horns.

Me too. And let's review what each coach does when faced with a problem player:
Coach A boots the problem player off the team IMMEDIATELY.
Coach B "might" suspend the player for a game...or five. Hell, it doesn't matter if he took money, he can even come back to the team and win a Heisman Trophy. Coach B has no balls.

birddog
1/5/2011, 08:52 AM
:les:

bmjlr
1/5/2011, 09:13 AM
Me too. And let's review what each coach does when faced with a problem player:
Coach A boots the problem player off the team IMMEDIATELY.
Coach B "might" suspend the player for a game...or five. Hell, it doesn't matter if he took money, he can even come back to the team and win a Heisman Trophy. Coach B has no balls.

^^^^+1

virginiasooner
1/5/2011, 09:20 AM
Does anyone here believe that just because Terrell Pryor gave a pinkie swear to Jim Tressell about coming back next year, does anyone truly believe him? I can be naive and gullible, but I'm not a total idiot.

soonerloyal
1/5/2011, 09:46 AM
I fervently hope all those players bolt posthaste to the Neffel. I further hope sweatyvest gets public humiliation, bedbugs and coldsores on chapped lips. And a parking ticket from a podunk, failed-recruiting-trip town.

rekamrettuB
1/5/2011, 09:51 AM
I hate to sound mean, but I want at least 1 of those fools (Pryor preferably) to bolt for the NFL just so we can witness the fallout. I think that would be entertainment.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/5/2011, 09:52 AM
$ says that Pryor sells the trophy and has a tatoo of the trophy inked on somewhere.

thurman murman
I hate to sound mean, but I want at least 1 of those fools (Pryor preferably) to bolt for the NFL just so we can witness the fallout. I think that would be entertainment.

I think everyone is hoping this happens.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner

absolutely. i bet more than 1 does.

gaylordfan1
1/5/2011, 11:37 AM
Don't you guys thing the NFL scouts would take his (Pryor) character into account if he does decide to bolt, and the others for that matter? Seems to be a lose lose situation for these players. I honestly have no problem with what they did, mainly because I could care less.... The problem I have lies with the NCAAs ruling and the lack of Tressels actions in the matter.

soonervegas
1/5/2011, 11:43 AM
Tressel is 6-3 in BCS bowl games. There are about 106 or more colleges out there that would kill for that number. His "reputation" is even more ridiculous than Stoops....

jumperstop
1/5/2011, 11:51 AM
He's got more bcs butt whoopins than stoops. I think that's why a lot people knock on tressle. His team didn't show up for either of his last two championships.

SoonerShay
1/5/2011, 12:20 PM
Tressel didn't get to Ohio State until 2001, he doesn't get credit for going to BCS games before his coaching tenure. He is 5-3 in the games he coached in though. The reason people look at it warped is because of who he beat.

1 win was against Notre Dame, and lets be serious Notre Dame was overrated as all get out during this period.

1 win was against the KState team that beat us in 2003, except Roberson got in some serious trouble before the bowl game. It looked that way too from the way he played. Though they almost came back on TOSU anyway.

1 win is against Oregon from last year, this would be a good win. We beat a higher ranked Oregon team in the Holiday Bowl, with an unranked Blomar lead team.

The last win was this year against Arkansaw...what has Arkansaw done in years worth a flip? Other than being in the SEC, Arkansas has nothing significant to chirp about.

Stoops has a worse record, but has also faced by far the toughest bowl opponents of any coach this decade. In a landslide!

rainiersooner
1/5/2011, 12:31 PM
Stoops has a worse record, but has also faced by far the toughest bowl opponents of any coach this decade. In a landslide!

Certainly those USC and Florida teams were some of the best to win a championship game this past decade.

Section 9
1/5/2011, 12:51 PM
TOSU would not have won the game without 4 players who shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. It was a bogus win. Tressel has always reminded me of a weasel(in looks and actions). Like Dr. Tom he will let anything pass to get a win.

Okie35
1/5/2011, 02:48 PM
Tressel is 6-3 in BCS bowl games. There are about 106 or more colleges out there that would kill for that number. His "reputation" is even more ridiculous than Stoops....

Which is why I laugh at these "reputations". Any coach would love to even go to 5 BCS games and 3 being title games.

SoonerStormchaser
1/5/2011, 03:11 PM

And he "won" a MNC because the refs handed him the game after one of the worst officiating calls EVER...from the Big XII refs (go figure).

Okie35
1/5/2011, 03:17 PM
And he "won" a MNC because the refs handed him the game after one of the worst officiating calls EVER...from the Big XII refs (go figure).

Well, considering that was supposed to be one of the better Miami teams they should've just won outright. It shouldn't have been close.

CBUS_SOONER
1/5/2011, 04:01 PM
fuk tre$$el and his lack of ethics. He also coaches in the most overrated conf

oudavid1
1/5/2011, 05:57 PM
I got into a little on twitter.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2aktwy.jpg

SoonerinSouthlake
1/5/2011, 09:38 PM
Does anyone here believe that just because Terrell Pryor gave a pinkie swear to Jim Tressell about coming back next year, does anyone truly believe him? I can be naive and gullible, but I'm not a total idiot.

Do you really believe he is that great of a pro prospect?
Dont get me wrong ...he is a crazy athelete. But he's kinda a poor mans VY or Cam. I dont see him being that succesfull in the pros

soonerloyal
1/6/2011, 10:28 AM
Don't you guys thing the NFL scouts would take his (Pryor) character into account if he does decide to bolt, and the others for that matter?

With all due respect - if the NFL actually emphasized players' good character as a factor of belonging, not only would many players go undrafted, the rosters would take serious hits. :eek:

Jacie
1/6/2011, 02:13 PM
Don't you guys thing the NFL scouts would take his (Pryor) character into account if he does decide to bolt, and the others for that matter?

Are you sayinig these guys would not be welcome to play in the same league that embraces Terrell Owens, Brett Favre, Michael Vick, et al?