PDA

View Full Version : Cellular South

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2011, 10:49 PM
Anyone in the SE have Cell South? I'm ready to break my contract with AT&T and jump ship. I'm paying over 100.00 for my smart phone plan that does not include unlimited talk, and I've been doing that for almost 4 years now.

Cell South has a great deal. Unlimited talk, unlimited web, unlimited texting, and tethering for less than 80.00 a month. Plus, from what I understand, they have 1 year upgrade options instead of the usual 2. I'm going to go with either the Samsung Galaxy S or the HTC Desire. What's even better is that you can add a second smartphone plan with everything above for only 40.00 whereas with ATT you have to pay the full cost.

They're a regional carrier, but they're supposed to have very good nationwide coverage. Since they're a regional carrier though they must piggyback off someone else's network, but I'm not sure which one...probably Verizon but that's just a guess.

If anyone has their service, how do you like it?

OKLA21FAN
1/4/2011, 10:50 PM
SPRINT is your friend

royalfan5
1/4/2011, 10:53 PM
SPRINT is your friend
Sprint still owes me 5.39 for their ****ing worthless promises.

SpankyNek
1/4/2011, 11:11 PM
It has been well over 10 years, but when I had Sprint, I was roaming when using my cell in my Apt on 12th and Alameda in Norman.

I will never use them again.

CowboyMRW
1/4/2011, 11:25 PM
Sprint is only good on the coasts. Sucks everywhere else

A Sooner in Texas
1/5/2011, 12:26 AM
SPRINT is your friend

This. ^^^^^

You can probably get unlimited everything for 69.95 a month, and Sprint is rapidly moving out its 4G network (it works great where I live, outside of Houston), and they have some good choices in Android phones. I have the Evo, which does pretty much everything beautifully. And Sprint has improved its customer service. They've treated me very well over the years, and I'm a Sprint Premier customer so I can upgrade every year.

You'd probably be happier with a nationwide network over a regional network because of the coverage.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2011, 12:41 AM
This. ^^^^^

You can probably get unlimited everything for 69.95 a month, and Sprint is rapidly moving out its 4G network (it works great where I live, outside of Houston), and they have some good choices in Android phones. I have the Evo, which does pretty much everything beautifully. And Sprint has improved its customer service. They've treated me very well over the years, and I'm a Sprint Premier customer so I can upgrade every year.

You'd probably be happier with a nationwide network over a regional network because of the coverage.

Their coverage is nationwide even though they're regional.

I detest Sprint. No way no how am I ever using Sprint again.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2011, 12:42 AM
Here's their coverage map. It doesn't get much better...

https://www.cellularsouth.com/coverage/

Turd_Ferguson
1/5/2011, 07:01 AM
Here's their coverage map. It doesn't get much better...

https://www.cellularsouth.com/coverage/For a regional to have a coverage map like that, Ima say they have roaming agreements with just about everybody.

OKLA21FAN
1/5/2011, 08:18 AM
This. ^^^^^

ditto.

In Texas, i have very ltle coverage problems and 4G in the DFW area pretty much everywhere. Have an 'Epic' phone and it is pretty incredible with the stuff it can do. Been with sprint for 12 years and had little to no issues. :pop: