PDA

View Full Version : Mark Rodgers . . .

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2011, 01:10 PM
thinks Stanford is no lower than the #3 ranked team . . . seriously?

They spanked an over-rated Virginia Tech team that coasted through a pitiful ACC.

TCU beat a much tougher opponent and would give Stanford a much tougher game and possibly beat the Cardinal IMO.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 01:13 PM
hmm, I think they were about where they should be at 4...

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2011, 01:14 PM
hmm, I think they were about where they should be at 4...

Exactly.

This is why a playoff would be awesome. I'd love to see all of the BCS bowl winners play each other. :cool:

sooneron
1/4/2011, 01:15 PM
To tcu's credit, they beat a better team, imo.

sooneron
1/4/2011, 01:17 PM
Exactly.

This is why a playoff would be awesome. I'd love to see all of the BCS bowl winners play each other. :cool:

You probably wouldn't see that. I was listening to a BCS/ CFB guru the other day that said it will be either one or the other, not both. This guy has written extensively on it. MAYBE some lesser bowls would remain, but in our "let's be fair to everyone" society, we'd end up with at least 16 teams in a playoff.

sooner59
1/4/2011, 01:18 PM
True, Wiscy would have beaten Va. Tech by 2-3 TDs, IMO.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2011, 01:20 PM
I'd actually take Stanford in a rematch with ducks. Stanford improved with each game after they played UO and the Ducks tapered off a bit. But I'm also not convinced UO is one of the 2 best teams right now either. Stanford's top 5 finish seems about right.

Soonermagik
1/4/2011, 01:22 PM
Mark Rodgers... enough said.

rekamrettuB
1/4/2011, 01:22 PM
So no lower than 3rd. So 3rd. Auburn and Oregon are 1 and 2 if he doesn't recall.

Boomer.....
1/4/2011, 01:23 PM
Stanford is scary good on both sides of the ball. I think they are around where they should be but maybe a little higher.

KBoomer11
1/4/2011, 01:30 PM
I would take Stanford over anyone in the country right now.

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2011, 01:44 PM
I would take Stanford over anyone in the country right now.

Why?

Because they smacked VT around?

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2011, 01:49 PM
Why?

Because they smacked VT around?

I'd say they wouldn't be an easy matchup for anyone. Not just because of the VT game, but how they have played all year - especially down the stretch.

SpankyNek
1/4/2011, 01:55 PM
So no lower than 3rd. So 3rd. Auburn and Oregon are 1 and 2 if he doesn't recall.

This is only true for about another week or so. I would bet that Stanford and TCU will both be ranked ahead of the BCS title game loser in the final AP and Coaches poll.

bigfatjerk
1/4/2011, 01:57 PM
This is only true for about another week or so. I would bet that Stanford and TCU will both be ranked ahead of the BCS title game loser in the final AP and Coaches poll.

Unless the game is an all time great game, I probably agree.

JRAM
1/4/2011, 02:02 PM
Sooner Bob......Playoff my ***. Pull your head out and clear your mind of clutter.

Aldebaran
1/4/2011, 02:02 PM
When Douglas Adams was conceptualizing what Deep Thought should be capable of, he thought of Mark Rogers.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 02:07 PM
Sooner Bob......Playoff my ***. Pull your head out and clear your mind of clutter.

Your communication skills may be the best I've ever seen.

Whet
1/4/2011, 02:10 PM

Sure sounds like he's calling you out Sooner Bob :P. And, why would Sooner Bob play off your ***? :eek:

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2011, 02:12 PM

Playoff your what? :texan:

Don't hate the player . . . hate the game. College football would benefit greatly from having a playoff.

sooner518
1/4/2011, 02:15 PM
1. winner of Auburn/Oregon
2. TCU
3. Loser of Auburn/Oregon
4. Stanford

i could understand switching 2 and 3. i dont see ranking Stanford any higher than 4. the Ducks had a horrible 1st quarter against Stanford and still blew them out. good for Stanford for blowing out V-Tech. It gets them about as much respect as OU blowing out UConn gets. Its nice they won their bowl and all against a good, but not elite team, but TCU has earned the right to be above Stanford.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 02:16 PM
If Oregon loses, I think they go ahead of Stanford

Jason
1/4/2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mark-rodgers1.jpg

http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/rosie_odonnell_240x320.jpg

sooneron
1/4/2011, 02:43 PM
I like Stanford's moxie, but let's face it, VT broke down- BIG TIME. I have never seen so many white guys wide open down the field.

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2011, 02:46 PM
I like Stanford's moxie, but let's face it, VT broke down- BIG TIME. I have never seen so many white guys wide open down the field.

Heh . . .

fwsooner22
1/4/2011, 02:51 PM
Va Tech = U Conn from what I saw.

Cornfed
1/4/2011, 03:15 PM
Virginia Tech's offence has to be the worst adaptive bunch I have ever seen, Stanford ran the same blitz over and over and VT never tried to adjust to it. Then every time VT ran the oprion they go for 6 to 15 yards , so lets just run it 3 times the whole game......

oumartin
1/4/2011, 03:29 PM
Anyone know why Mark Rodgers got divorced?

oudavid1
1/4/2011, 05:51 PM
Mark Rodgers....has never said anything nice about anyone or anything....ever.

The guy needs to lighten up.

OUthunder
1/4/2011, 05:55 PM
TCU should be 2 or 3. Stanford should be directly below them for losing.

thatmediadude
1/4/2011, 06:29 PM
I don't understand why Mark is bashed all the time. He's the only competent voice on the animal. Sure, he's a little arrogant, but that's part of the job he has. Why wouldn't Stanford not be 3rd best team? They're good.. really good. Had Oregon on the ropes in Autzen before a letdown late in the game and took care of everyone else on their schedule. I think people just look for a reason to rip sports media people. It's not that easy to sit up there and take heat 24/7. Who cares if he THINKS Stanford should be 3rd. It's HIS opinion and not yours. I'd go 1)Auburn 2)Oregon 3)Stanford 4)TCU 5)Oklahoma/Arkansas in my final 5. OU didn't beat a very good team in UCONN, yet no one on here is bashing them and making it sound like they shouldn't be 5th or higher... Make sense?

soonervegas
1/4/2011, 06:32 PM
Anyone know why Mark Rodgers got divorced?

My bet would be one too many Thunder Girls batting her eyes at him.

OUthunder
1/4/2011, 06:43 PM
My bet would be one too many Thunder Girls batting her eyes at him.

mmmmn, Thunder Girls.

oumartin
1/4/2011, 07:01 PM
There r alot better sluts is stilettos at tne thunder games. Many alot hotter than the thunder sluts

BusterRhymes86
1/4/2011, 07:09 PM
Dolly Madison...errr James Madison....You DON'T lose to James Madison if you are a good or great team...I dont care what the circumstances are.

Sooner_Tuf
1/4/2011, 07:42 PM
There r alot better sluts is stilettos at tne thunder games. Many alot hotter than the thunder sluts

Season tickets still available? I like sluts, I like em a lot. I need to find one that doesn't need a new house this time.

oumartin
1/4/2011, 08:55 PM
season tickets? no clue but plenty of cheap seats available for the home games. stubhub is your friend.

bigfatjerk
1/4/2011, 09:43 PM
I don't understand why Mark is bashed all the time. He's the only competent voice on the animal.

I agree he's probably the best of the Animal. His callers may be the dumbest which makes him fun to listen to.

Jason
1/4/2011, 09:53 PM
I don't understand why Mark is bashed all the time. He's the only competent voice on the animal.
That's like arguing the Big Mac is the best burger at McDonald's. Although that may be true, it's still a sh!tty burger. Make sense?

CowboyMRW
1/4/2011, 10:00 PM
The major turning point in the Oregon game was when the receiver got hit helmet-to-helmet and knocked unconscious fumbling the ball which Oregon took back for 6. After that everything seemed to unravel but take away that play and Stanford might walk away winners. And I think they would've had a better shot than Oregon to win the 'ship

SoonerReverend
1/4/2011, 10:05 PM
Stanford probably will move to 3 and TCU to 2 in the final rankings.

CowboyMRW
1/4/2011, 10:06 PM
Stanford probably will move to 3 and TCU to 2 in the final rankings.

Pretty much my thoughts

oumartin
1/4/2011, 10:07 PM
Rodgers is a POS human being

KBoomer11
1/5/2011, 12:23 AM
He's an OU grad. Are you?

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2011, 02:00 PM
I don't understand why Mark is bashed all the time. He's the only competent voice on the animal. Sure, he's a little arrogant, but that's part of the job he has.

You're joking right? Mark comes across as a major ****** on the radio. Anyone who has a different opinion than him gets cut off or that stupid opening a drink sound.

The others on the SA can all be a little ******y too, but Mark causes me to change the channel more than any of them.

Why wouldn't Stanford not be 3rd best team? They're good.. really good. Had Oregon on the ropes in Autzen before a letdown late in the game and took care of everyone else on their schedule. I think people just look for a reason to rip sports media people.

Who did Stanford beat that leads you to believe they are that great?

Most of the time we don't have to look very hard for a reason . . .

It's not that easy to sit up there and take heat 24/7. Who cares if he THINKS Stanford should be 3rd. It's HIS opinion and not yours.

Oh poor Mark. I'm sure he takes so much heat. Anytime someone makes a decent point that contradicts something he's said he cuts them off. That's how he deals with all the "heat".

I'd go 1)Auburn 2)Oregon 3)Stanford 4)TCU 5)Oklahoma/Arkansas in my final 5. OU didn't beat a very good team in UCONN, yet no one on here is bashing them and making it sound like they shouldn't be 5th or higher... Make sense?

Oklahoma will be lucky to move up to #5.

No one here is going to bash OU . . . it's a Sooner fans website. Make sense?

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2011, 02:01 PM
He's an OU grad. Are you?

Really?

I Am Right
1/5/2011, 04:12 PM
Rogers thinks Traber hung the moon!

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2011, 04:13 PM
Rogers thinks Traber hung the moon!

He didn't? :eek:

Scott D
1/5/2011, 04:19 PM
I was going to quit reading this thread after the words Mark Rodgers, but the comedy from the following posts made opening it worthwhile.

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2011, 04:19 PM
I was going to quit reading this thread after the words Mark Rodgers, but the comedy from the following posts made opening it worthwhile.

You're welcome.

Scott D
1/5/2011, 04:21 PM
You should love this next thread

badger
1/5/2011, 04:23 PM
The final rankings do not matter to me, so long as we're top 10 (but I'll also take top 5). We got our ugly Fiesta Bowl trophy (or at least got to stand with it for a few minutes before they took it back to their pricey heirloom vault or wherever), Bob Stoops got his BCS victory and there was much rejoicing (yay!)

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2011, 04:24 PM
The final rankings do not matter to me, so long as we're top 10 (but I'll also take top 5). We got our ugly Fiesta Bowl trophy (or at least got to stand with it for a few minutes before they took it back to their pricey heirloom vault or wherever), Bob Stoops got his BCS victory and there was much rejoicing (yay!)

Wait . . . OU doesn't get to keep that ugly thing?:mad: :D

Cornfed
1/5/2011, 04:26 PM
Mark Rodgers seems to me to not be able to tell when someone is speaking "tonque in cheek", I'll bet he's no fun at a birthday party.

Scott D
1/5/2011, 04:27 PM
Rodgers is just sad because Jenni Carlson has a larger weenis than he does.

oumartin
1/5/2011, 04:30 PM
I heard he has a thing for guys in banana hammocks.

Scott D
1/5/2011, 04:31 PM
I knew that he, Traber, and T Boone all had something in common.

badger
1/5/2011, 04:35 PM
Wait . . . OU doesn't get to keep that ugly thing?:mad: :D

Nope, but if it's any consolidation, Boyzee and Mountie didn't get to keep it either :D

thatmediadude
1/5/2011, 05:17 PM
You're joking right? Mark comes across as a major ****** on the radio. Anyone who has a different opinion than him gets cut off or that stupid opening a drink sound.

The others on the SA can all be a little ******y too, but Mark causes me to change the channel more than any of them.

Who did Stanford beat that leads you to believe they are that great?

Most of the time we don't have to look very hard for a reason . . .

Oh poor Mark. I'm sure he takes so much heat. Anytime someone makes a decent point that contradicts something he's said he cuts them off. That's how he deals with all the "heat".

Oklahoma will be lucky to move up to #5.

No one here is going to bash OU . . . it's a Sooner fans website. Make sense?

After all these comebacks, I think I'll crack open my own "drink sound". BOOMER SOONER.

bmjlr
1/5/2011, 05:23 PM
That's like arguing the Big Mac is the best burger at McDonald's. Although that may be true, it's still a sh!tty burger. Make sense?

Big Mac's are delicious! :D

oumartin
1/5/2011, 05:24 PM
that opening of the beer can on his show is the dumbest thing ever on radio. Rodgers and that sound go hand in hand

thatmediadude
1/5/2011, 05:27 PM
Big Mac's are delicious! :D

concur!

Boomer.....
1/5/2011, 05:29 PM
I'm more of a quarter pounder guy meself.

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2011, 09:33 AM
After all these comebacks, I think I'll crack open my own "drink sound". BOOMER SOONER.

LOL . . . nobody twisted your arm to view or respond.

:rolleyes:

Sooner_Bob
1/7/2011, 04:52 PM
that opening of the beer can on his show is the dumbest thing ever on radio. Rodgers and that sound go hand in hand

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mark-rodgers-is-a-pimp1.jpg

GDC
1/7/2011, 06:37 PM
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/Images/618px-Rosie_O%27Donnell_by_David_Shankbone.jpg