PDA

View Full Version : ut def coord

NOVSooner
1/4/2011, 12:35 PM
reports now are that Mississippi State defensive coordiantor Manny Diaz is interviewing for the same position with the whorns

http://yallsports.com/2011/01/report-manny-diaz-in-austin-interviewing-for-dc-position/

EatLeadCommie
1/4/2011, 12:48 PM
Snore. Good hire, but who they hire at DC doesn't concern me. Who they hire as OC does.

NorCal Sooner
1/4/2011, 02:01 PM
If MSU had lost their bowl game I bet Mack wouldn't interview him. I think Mack just reads the news papers and decides, "oh, this guy must be good".

Sabanball
1/4/2011, 02:54 PM
don't know about DC, but Mack just hired away our D-line coach here at Bama, Bo Davis. He will serve in the same capacity in Austin, so it's basically a lateral move. Our D-line play this past year was not very good given the talent that we have stockpiled the past couple of years and most here think that this was a mutual decision between Bo and Nick. The cat got let out of the bag during our bowl game on saturday, when Bo got a gatorade bath at the end of the game by the players--so evidently they knew also.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 04:14 PM
don't know about DC, but Mack just hired away our D-line coach here at Bama, Bo Davis. He will serve in the same capacity in Austin, so it's basically a lateral move. Our D-line play this past year was not very good given the talent that we have stockpiled the past couple of years and most here think that this was a mutual decision between Bo and Nick. The cat got let out of the bag during our bowl game on saturday, when Bo got a gatorade bath at the end of the game by the players--so evidently they knew also.

But is he a five-star coach?

Sabanball
1/4/2011, 04:21 PM
When Mack brings them in, aren't they all?;)

NorCal Sooner
1/4/2011, 05:47 PM
When Mack brings them in, aren't they all?;)

No, but they get paid like it....

oudavid1
1/4/2011, 05:50 PM
My first thought:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2il1lwy.jpg

But to be honest, i know nothing of the guy.

usaosooner
1/4/2011, 05:52 PM
He is hiring a mercenary squad.. They are going to be fine coaches but there will be no chemistry or loyalty on that staff

Sabanball
1/4/2011, 05:59 PM
State had a pretty dang good team this past season.

cherokeebrewer
1/4/2011, 08:06 PM
Any coach the horns hire will be a home run hire...Just ask 'em.

Jmorales22
1/4/2011, 09:47 PM
Mack loves to hire from the SEC.... why can't the guy promote from within like Stoops does? Could it be because he knows he has no real system, and what system he does have is crap?

IMO it's just another example of the difference in the coaching staff at Texas and Oklahoma, and the superior program we have here.

bluedogok
1/4/2011, 10:03 PM
Mack loves to hire from the SEC.... why can't the guy promote from within like Stoops does? Could it be because he knows he has no real system, and what system he does have is crap?
There is no one left to promote, they cleaned house for Muschamp only to have him leave. Every high level assistant he hired was Mack's age and have been sent out to pasture. Applewhite was really the only young assistant and evidently they don't feel he his ready.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 10:08 PM
When your hiring is determined by the celebrity status of the assistant coach, then you are going to have a lot of attrition. Mack has had numerous DCs and they all leave as soon as they can. They even tried to give the Head Coach in Waiting label to a DC just to hold on to him, and he left anyway.

Sabanball
1/4/2011, 11:28 PM
It does seem that Mac is not a very good developer of coaching talent.

oudavid1
1/5/2011, 01:42 AM
It does seem that Mac is not a very good developer of talent.

FIFY