PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Kansas vs. 2010 Stanford

SteelClip49
1/4/2011, 03:04 AM
Who do you pick?

Who is better?

For KANSAS, their standard is low so any road win for them is impressive. They had impressive road wins over Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Colorado an dat the time of the game played, @ #24 Kansas State.

Their highest ranking was #2 with an (11-0) record going into Kansas City vs. then #4 Missouri. They trailed 0-21 then made a great comeback only to lose by 26-38.

KANSAS would go onto defeat BCS #3 Virginia Tech in the ORANGE BOWL, 24-21. The Jayhawks would go onto finish the season (12-1), their best season ever and a final ranking of #7 in both polls.

For STANFORD, their standard isn't all that different. They do have a little better history than Kansas but not really much difference overall.

Stanford with good road wins over Notre Dame, Washington, USC and at the time a good home win against #13 Arizona.

Stanford did take a 21-3 lead at one point against #4 Oregon in Eugene before losing eventually 31-52. Oregon is currently on the verge of winning the national championship.

#4 Stanford would go onto throttle #13 Virginia Tech, 40-12 in the Orange Bowl.

It is most likely Stanford will finish #4 in both polls, giving them their first top five finish since the 1940 season. Stanford too finishes (12-1).

I think both, based on what i said, have comparable cases. I'd give Stanford a little nudge ahead due to the fact they held an 18 point lead at one point against Oregon on the road.

Okie35
1/4/2011, 03:16 AM
Stanford easy.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 03:16 AM
My gut feeling is that once Luck and Harbaugh leave, their post-bowl-game successes are going to mirror each other as well.

Okie35
1/4/2011, 03:17 AM
My gut feeling is that once Luck and Harbaugh leave, their post-bowl-game successes are going to mirror each other as well.

They will. Harbaugh was the only reason for their success. I mean Luck was too but if Luck left and Harbaugh stayed they would reload. He brought in the recruits. Stanford would go back to its basketball program as their strength if they left.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 03:22 AM
Any coach that takes over that program has killed his career. Who wants to be known as the "Coach That Destroyed the Rise of Stanford Football"?

EatLeadCommie
1/4/2011, 10:55 AM
That KU team was salty... Good defense, good QB, and some playmakers on offense. They beat a VT team that was better than this year's VT team. I think Stanford might win, but the truth is that neither KU that year nor Stanford this year has beaten anybody of consequence.

PDXsooner
1/4/2011, 12:14 PM
We'll never know, but having watched both teams, Stanford would beat the **** out of that Kansas team.

SoonerDood
1/4/2011, 12:17 PM
I think Stanford might win, but the truth is that neither KU that year nor Stanford this year has beaten anybody of consequence.

Both teams lost to the best team they played.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2011, 12:22 PM
Who are we kidding? If Luck hadn't been injured last year they would have stood a better chance of whupping us. The eyes don't lie. The look like a dominant football team.

Not saying we would for sure have lost to them this year or last, but we may have dodged a bullet drawing UConn vs. this years Stanford squad. It would have been one heckuva game, to say the least.

That is I certainly think we would have given Stanford a lot more what for than VaTech did, and they make UConn's inclusion in the BCS this year look all the more silly.

EatLeadCommie
1/4/2011, 12:53 PM
Who are we kidding? If Luck hadn't been injured last year they would have stood a better chance of whupping us. The eyes don't lie. The look like a dominant football team.

Not saying we would for sure have lost to them this year or last, but we may have dodged a bullet drawing UConn vs. this years Stanford squad. It would have been one heckuva game, to say the least.

That is I certainly think we would have given Stanford a lot more what for than VaTech did, and they make UConn's inclusion in the BCS this year look all the more silly.

Luck last year was nowhere near what he has been this year, though he certainly would've been an improvement over whoever it was they started in his place. Still, they lost 4 games last year with him playing.

Okie35
1/4/2011, 12:56 PM
That KU team was salty... Good defense, good QB, and some playmakers on offense. They beat a VT team that was better than this year's VT team. I think Stanford might win, but the truth is that neither KU that year nor Stanford this year has beaten anybody of consequence.

but VT stamped the tag last night on how they NEVER show up to bowl games. KU had bend but don't break defense their rush defense was a little overrated.

We'll never know, but having watched both teams, Stanford would beat the **** out of that Kansas team.

Pretty much.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 04:26 PM

Agreed. If the OU that played FSU showed up, Standford may have well went down. We certainly had the firepower.

Don't forget that Tech lost to James Madison. They were quite capable of being a terrible football team.

cleller
1/4/2011, 05:27 PM
I think the 2010 Stanford team would beat any team Kansas has ever, or will ever put on the field.