PDA

View Full Version : Get off of 'em ESPN!

SoonerLB
1/4/2011, 12:12 AM
The whole ESPN bunch is about to make me sick harping on or about Harbaugh leaving Stanford. They are all making complete azzes out of theirselves as far as I'm concerned, what a bunch of idiotic tools! Give it a friggin' break and let Stanford enjoy their win!

Rant off, I feel better now. ;)

salth2o
1/4/2011, 12:13 AM
I agree 100%.

There is a time and place for that line of questioning, but on the field is NOT it.

agoo758
1/4/2011, 02:20 AM
Harbaugh: Please respect the game and stop asking me that.

Well said.

sooner ngintunr
1/4/2011, 02:22 AM
**** yeah. brilliant post game interview.:rolleyes: Espn is dog****.

sooner59
1/4/2011, 02:24 AM
He told their *** too. I bet Rece Davis felt like a giant doosh, because that is how he came off.

SoonerNutt
1/4/2011, 10:44 AM
It bothered me more that they spent so much time on the Fiesta Bowl broadcast discussing this.

You have two conference champions playing on the field, in a game designed to be a celebration of their accomplishments, and you waste several minutes discussing the future of a coach of an average program in a different conference. Does anyone in the viewing audience actually give a crap what Harbaugh does or doesn't do? I don't.

I know the score was getting out of hand, and you have to discuss something, but wouldn't it be better to discuss something related to the two teams on the field?

Disrespectful.

EatLeadCommie
1/4/2011, 10:49 AM
The worst was after KU lost to Syracuse a few years ago in the national title game and they asked Roy Williams about the UNC job. His response (even if it proved false) was priceless. He said, on live national television, "I could give a sh** about Carolina right now."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvW0SGEqC5k

sooneron
1/4/2011, 11:05 AM
That Harbaugh to R Davis moment was very reminiscent of Pete Rose to Jim Gray a few years back. Its pretty funny when a jackhole is exposed like that.

Widescreen
1/4/2011, 11:13 AM
Seems like they pulled that with Stoops after we won the 2000 MNC where they were asking him about the vacant Ohio State job. Very inappropriate.

badger
1/4/2011, 11:46 AM
Harbaugh hates postgame interviews, so of course I had to stay up to watch it :D

The first memorable one was after a Stanford victory last year, when all Harbaugh will say to ESPN is like "HERE is your Heisman right here" while hugging Toby Gerhart... or something like that

Then, they try to interview him after the Orange Bowl and he grabs a defensive player and is like TALK TO THIS GUY! when ESPN clearly does not want to talk to that guy :D

(can you just picture the producer screaming in her earpiece GET COACH BACK HERE! STOP TALKING TO THAT NOBODY! GO FIND ANDREW! YANK HIM AWAY FROM THE OTHER MEDIA!)

And then on the podium accepting the bowl of oranges (lol at the stanford players eating their oranges right away) he's like ABOUT THE PLAYERS! TALK TO ANDREW! And ESPN is like NO NO NO ONE MORE QUESTION!

As that sign in the crowd said, HARBAUGH-SOME. Harbawesome? Whatev :D

soonerchk
1/4/2011, 11:47 AM
Seems like they pulled that with Stoops after we won the 2000 MNC where they were asking him about the vacant Ohio State job. Very inappropriate.

I was about to point that out. I rewatched that game on ESPN Classic yesterday, and that was one of the first things they said. Pretty crappy if you ask me. Harbaugh handled it beautifully.

Sooners78
1/4/2011, 11:58 AM
Herbie picked the Hokies. :eek:

Even :texan: might have had a shot against Va Tech last night. As far as I'm concerned, what I hear on ESpin anymore is irrelevant.

Jacie
1/4/2011, 12:25 PM
The ESPN guys are still beatin themselves up for not breaking Edsall-to-Maryland during the post-Fiesta Bowl stuff . . .

The
1/4/2011, 12:34 PM
ESPN has no business broadcasting games. They are into selling stories about sports and athletes, not the actual sports.

They should stick to Brett Favre's penis, and leave the actual games to other networks.

budbarrybob
1/4/2011, 01:28 PM
The worst was the half time interview with Mack Br*wn. Discussing how he feels * should win the Big 12.

Sooners78
1/4/2011, 01:34 PM
ESPN has no business broadcasting games. They are into selling stories about sports and athletes, not the actual sports.

They should stick to Brett Favre's penis, and leave the actual games to other networks.

They really do take a lot of the fun out of sports. Overall, having a 24 hour sports network has made sports less enjoyable to this fan.

85sooners
1/4/2011, 02:14 PM
Espn can suck it

sooneron
1/4/2011, 02:58 PM
ESPN has no business broadcasting games. They are into selling ad space on their fantasy sites and cross promoting Disney, not the actual sports.

FTFY

oumartin
1/4/2011, 03:11 PM
I like Harbough, he seems to kinda stick it to espn

Breadburner
1/4/2011, 03:15 PM

They should stick to Brett Favre's Little Smokie, and leave the actual games to other networks.

FIFY

AlboSooner
1/4/2011, 07:38 PM
why do people want to know so soon? When he leaves it will come out and we will know in due time. It will not be a secret. Whats the big deal with knowing first?

King Barry's Back
1/4/2011, 10:15 PM
why do people want to know so soon? When he leaves it will come out and we will know in due time. It will not be a secret. Whats the big deal with knowing first?

You know, yeah, that's absolutely right. If Coach X, is going to leave School Y for School Z -- we'll all know about it in a couple of days when they hold the press conference.

Other than a few people at School Y that have to decide what to do about it, what does it matter to anybody else?

I guess reporters figure they have to take every shot to "break" something, but such ego-driven non-sense is ridiculous and does not serve the viewership.

bluedogok
1/4/2011, 10:17 PM
I guess reporters figure they have to take every shot to "break" something, but such ego-driven non-sense is ridiculous and does not serve the viewership.
Their bosses are the ones pushing that probably more than the talking head types.

OUthunder
1/4/2011, 10:40 PM
He told their *** too. I bet Rece Davis felt like a giant doosh, because that is how he came off.

I need a video link to the interview. I missed it.

badger
1/4/2011, 10:48 PM

FACT: I only put up with you boys and your expertise opinion rants because I can find out Sooner info here faster than practically any media site out there.

:D The truth had to come out eventually.