PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor Cooking

thesnowbishop
1/3/2011, 10:20 PM
Don't care if it's legal or not: my navy beans and ham just became chili beans and ham. Why? I just felt like it. Pure and utter madness in the kitchen.

I also mix Earl Grey tea with orange pekoe.

Suck on that ABC.

mgsooner
1/3/2011, 11:14 PM
awesome bro

olevetonahill
1/3/2011, 11:20 PM
Heh, Most Know I was a single Dad raising 2 Boys
Oldest came in the kitchen one day as I was cookin supper, and was watchin me. He said " Dad, I think you just start throwing stuff in the pan and it comes out tasting good"
I said "Pretty Much"

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2011, 09:36 AM
Heh, Most Know I was a single Dad raising 2 Boys
Oldest came in the kitchen one day as I was cookin supper, and was watchin me. He said " Dad, I think you just start throwing stuff in the pan and it comes out tasting good"
I said "Pretty Much"

Vet, I got a couple of boneless chicken breasts in the fridge. How should I fix them?

Turd_Ferguson
1/4/2011, 10:00 AM
Vet, I got a couple of boneless chicken breasts in the fridge. How should I fix them?Thaw. Squirt lime juice on them. Wait 5 five minutes. Consume.

I call it Ceviche El Pollo Sal Manillo:pop:

olevetonahill
1/4/2011, 11:35 AM
Vet, I got a couple of boneless chicken breasts in the fridge. How should I fix them?

Throw em out to the dogs, Get ya some Whole chicken cut it up , roll it in an egg an milk bath then flour then Fry that shat up . Good stuff.
Oh and make sure to mix yer fav. seasonings into the Milke bath . and then add some to the flour .
The left over Milk and flour ya make ya some Gravy to go with the mashed taters and Biscuits ya made to have with it .

proud gonzo
1/4/2011, 12:39 PM
Shredded chicken:

Dice up an onion, garlic, red peppers, chilis if you want em, maybe some cilantro if you've got some, a big squirt of ketchup (or a chopped up tomato or some tomato sauce--whatever), lime juice, 2-3 chicken breasts, shake on some paprika, chili powder, a nice big tablespoon of cumin, salt and pepper, a shot of tequilla, and then pour in enough beer/water/stock to cover the chicken. Bring it to a boil and simmer it for an hour. Then use two forks to shred the chicken up really good, let it all simmer together for another half hour. Then use the chicken for burritos, tacos, quesadillas, whatever.

soonerbrat
1/4/2011, 12:44 PM
throw a bunch of stuff in the crock pot in the evening and put it on low. Let it cook all night and all day and it will be delicious.

olevetonahill
1/4/2011, 01:02 PM
throw a bunch of stuff in the crock pot in the evening and put it on low. Let it cook all night and all day and it will be delicious.

^ This

soonerinkaty
1/4/2011, 01:05 PM
I rock the **** out of ramen noodles and Tyson chicken.

olevetonahill
1/4/2011, 01:14 PM
Fast an easy
Make ya a pan of Mac an Cheese and dump ya in a can of tuna Mix it all up and eat .

Flagstaffsooner
1/4/2011, 01:38 PM
CDIAB

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2011, 06:10 PM
Thaw. Squirt lime juice on them. Wait 5 five minutes. Consume.

I call it Ceviche El Pollo Sal Manillo:pop:

Funny coincidence. I fixed Shrimp Ceviche last night. I'm not a purist though, since I cook the shrimp 2 or 3 minutes. I add chiles serrano, cucumbers, radishes, tomato, jicama, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and avocado.

sal manillo, kiss my a$$.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2011, 06:28 PM
Throw em out to the dogs, Get ya some Whole chicken cut it up , roll it in an egg an milk bath then flour then Fry that shat up . Good stuff.
Oh and make sure to mix yer fav. seasonings into the Milke bath . and then add some to the flour .
The left over Milk and flour ya make ya some Gravy to go with the mashed taters and Biscuits ya made to have with it .

OK, vet, I can go with the fried chicken, bath and all, but Jesus Hernandez Christ, what's with the mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy? -- you know the majority of posters around these parts are pot bellied middle-aged Type II diabetes limp dicks. That high carb stuff will kill em.

I bet your dogs get a hard-on from raw boneless chicken breasts.

Shredded chicken:

Dice up an onion, garlic, red peppers, chilis if you want em, maybe some cilantro if you've got some, a big squirt of ketchup (or a chopped up tomato or some tomato sauce--whatever), lime juice, 2-3 chicken breasts, shake on some paprika, chili powder, a nice big tablespoon of cumin, salt and pepper, a shot of tequilla, and then pour in enough beer/water/stock to cover the chicken. Bring it to a boil and simmer it for an hour. Then use two forks to shred the chicken up really good, let it all simmer together for another half hour. Then use the chicken for burritos, tacos, quesadillas, whatever.

Thanks PG, I'll try this sometime soon. Sounds like a versatile winner. BTW, nobody's wondering why a newlywed is checking out a thread titled, "Bachelor Cooking."

olevetonahill
1/4/2011, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=SanJoaquinSooner;3107872]OK, vet, I can go with the fried chicken, bath and all, but Jesus Hernandez Christ, what's with the mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy? -- you know the majority of posters around these parts are pot bellied middle-aged Type II diabetes limp dicks. That high carb stuff will kill em.

I bet your dogs get a hard-on from raw boneless chicken breasts.

Ya say that like its a bad thing. Hell Im 60 in Pear shape and I dont really GAF I like My biscuits and Gravy

Actually Im cooking a skinless Chicken breast now , Well Im thawing it, Not sure as to how Ill cook it But I do have the oven on

Prolly gonna throw some seasoning on it and Grill it in the oven. I do have some Left over Fried taters an onions that I fried up in Bacon grease tho. Gonna finish them of ;)

btb916
1/4/2011, 08:23 PM
Just grilled a new york strip steak. Medium rare with all the fat. Yum. I'm no bachelor, but my wife is out of town tonight :D

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2011, 08:32 PM
This is what I went with, using the boneless chicken breasts:

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2009/11/20/CAMPBELLS_Chicken-Broccoli-Divan_s4x3_lg.jpg

Chicken Broccoli Divan

I sauteed the chicken breasts in olive oil. Steamed the broccoli al dente. Cut up, mixed with cream of chicken soup, milk, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Baked at 450 degrees F for 20 min.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-broccoli-divan-recipe/index.html

proud gonzo
1/4/2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks PG, I'll try this sometime soon. Sounds like a versatile winner. BTW, nobody's wondering why a newlywed is checking out a thread titled, "Bachelor Cooking."
Start with a hot pan and cook the onions/garlic/ketchup first. Then sear the chicken, deglaze with the tequilla, add the other stuff and liquid.

I've been playing with the proportions, but this has become one of my favorite concoctions recently. Makes great leftovers, too.

I clicked the thread to see what you hillbillies considered "cooking." :D

olevetonahill
1/4/2011, 10:49 PM
You want a HillBilly recipe? Heres one I got from my Granma ;)

Possum and Taters
1 young, fat possum

8 sweet taters

2 tablespoons butter

1 tablespoon sugar

salt

First, catch a possum. This in itself is excellent entertainment on a moonlight night. Skin the possum and remove the head and feet. Be sure to wash it thoroughly. Freeze overnight either outside or in a refrigerator.
When ready to cook, peel the potatoes and boil them tender in lightly salted water along with the butter and sugar. At the same time, stew the possum tender in a tightly covered pan with a little water. Arrange the taters around the possum, strip with bacon, sprinkle with thyme or marjoram, or pepper, and brown in the oven. Baste often with the drippings.

proud gonzo
1/5/2011, 02:01 AM
hahahahahha, awesome. Iff'n I ever kill me a possum, that's exactly how I'll cook it.