PDA

View Full Version : Chase Beeler

okienole3
1/3/2011, 08:53 PM
Sucks it didn't work out for him here. But, he makes our 2006 recruiting class that much more impressive. Lots of productive players in that class.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 08:56 PM
After last year's sun bowl, I couldn't care less for that dude

soonerinkaty
1/3/2011, 08:57 PM
What did he do?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 08:58 PM
Cheap shotting McCoy and Granger..McCoy got a 15 yard unsportmanlike for retaliating..It went on most of the game and both of those guys were getting pissed til it boiled over late in the game

AlboSooner
1/3/2011, 09:00 PM
The Sun Bowl was the only game I saw where the usual mellow and respectful GK wanted to kill somebody. Beeler was the reason why.

BusterRhymes86
1/3/2011, 09:01 PM
And he is too smart for the University of Oklahoma

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 09:01 PM
Granger about took him out

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 09:02 PM
The Sun Bowl was the only game I saw where the usual mellow and respectful GK wanted to kill somebody. Beeler was the reason why.

Yup

ouwasp
1/3/2011, 09:07 PM
Beeler comes across as condescending in the interviews w/him that I've read...

AlboSooner
1/3/2011, 09:24 PM
And he is too smart for the University of Oklahoma

He may have invented the field of business administration, but still that doesn't mean one should act so bashful. Overall Stanford is a stronger school than OU academically, however the business schools are about the same.

47straight
1/3/2011, 09:57 PM
Chase Beeler kept Brian Lepak from getting a scholly offer right out of high school. Lepak instead had to go to a hellhole school, transfer back without any hope of playing and bust his *** as a walk-on.

So **** Chase Beeler.

ictsooner7
1/3/2011, 10:47 PM
He may have invented the field of business administration, but still that doesn't mean one should act so bashful. Overall Stanford is a stronger school than OU academically, however the business schools are about the same.

the business schools are about the same?????? STANFORD?? RIGHT............

sperry
1/3/2011, 11:10 PM

Stanford's business school is second to none. It and Harvard are the two best, and basically comes down to whether you prefer the east or the west coast.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2011, 11:16 PM
Beeler comes across as condescending in the interviews w/him that I've read...

I transferred from OU to Stanford and I enjoy being condescending, so yeah, I can see it.

And BTW, Stanford just scored a TD.

LASooner
1/3/2011, 11:18 PM
You must fit in well in Boulder

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2011, 11:19 PM
I live in Palo Alto.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2011, 11:20 PM
Cheap shotting McCoy and Granger..McCoy got a 15 yard unsportmanlike for retaliating..It went on most of the game and both of those guys were getting pissed til it boiled over late in the gameWouldn't you love to know Bob Stoops' real thoughts on Beeler?

sooner518
1/3/2011, 11:30 PM

uhhh no.

rainiersooner
1/4/2011, 12:23 AM

Don't be so Aggie. Stanford tied for #1 with Harvard; OU @ #66 per US News & World Report. And please don't be Aggie and tell me some obscure stat/ranking we have.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/rankings/

Sooner_Tuf
1/4/2011, 01:00 AM
So **** Chase Beeler.

Gotta go with this.

47straight
1/4/2011, 04:09 AM
Gotta go with this.

Yup, **** Chase Beeler. Being yet another pretentious Stanford chode is one thing, but being a bitch and robbing a deserving true Sooner of a scholly goes too far.

yermom
1/4/2011, 07:10 AM
how did he rob Lepak, specifically, of a scholly?

and i was trying to remember why i knew his name :O

BigJerm7
1/4/2011, 07:25 AM
Article in the TW yesterday said he was gonna try to go to the NFL. That's funny, I thought he had the smarts real good and he wasn't going to make football a career. Pretty sure if the NFL was his goal all along that OU would've been a better career path. I ain't mad at the dude, just seemed a little wishy washy that he left OU to pursue fancy book learning, and now he wants to play in the NFL.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2011, 10:52 AM
Article in the TW yesterday said he was gonna try to go to the NFL. That's funny, I thought he had the smarts real good and he wasn't going to make football a career. Pretty sure if the NFL was his goal all along that OU would've been a better career path. I ain't mad at the dude, just seemed a little wishy washy that he left OU to pursue fancy book learning, and now he wants to play in the NFL.

I think it turned out that Stanford was a better place for NFL prep for an Olineman as Harbaugh runs more NFL-like schemes. Maybe that changed his mind.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 11:05 AM
I think it turned out that Stanford was a better place for NFL prep for an Olineman as Harbaugh runs more NFL-like schemes. Maybe that changed his mind.

MMMMM....I don't think this is true for the line positions...

And the fact he went to Stanford isn't a big deal...I don't see how anybody could have a problem with that...

He is just a Dbag for trying to hurt former teammates after the whistle

47straight
1/4/2011, 11:19 AM
how did he rob Lepak, specifically, of a scholly?

and i was trying to remember why i knew his name :O

Lepak waitied till signing day to see if Beeler would waiver or not so he could go to OU from the get-go.

SpankyNek
1/4/2011, 11:21 AM

Has a Harbaugh coached lineman EVER gone in the first round, Hell, I see a fifth and seventh rounder in 05 & 06, but that was before his tenure...was Harbaugh there when Beeler left?

I can think of a few from our little school in Norman that have.

Trent Edwards.
Toby Gerhart.

Can anyone name ONE other player from Stanford in the NFL.....No Googling.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2011, 11:45 AM
Just saying it turned out for Beeler at Stanford and that may have changed his mind (if indeed, he *really* had no NFL plans). No way to know whether Beeler would have made all-american had he stayed at OU. Nor can compare how his draft status would compare. I do think the '10 Stanford offense was an O-linemans dream.

BigJerm7
1/4/2011, 11:48 AM

Yeah, because OU hasn't put any lineman in the NFL. Especially not a #4 pick in last year's draft.

Beeler eluded that his decision was purely based on broadening his culture and academics, not prepping for the NFL.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, because OU hasn't put any lineman in the NFL. Especially not a #4 pick in last year's draft.

Beeler eluded that his decision was purely based on broadening his culture and academics, not prepping for the NFL.

I just said "how it turned out for Beeler" - not his original intentions. It turned out he became a multi-year starter and made some all american lists playing for a coach with NFL ties. It turned out well - so far. That may have changed his mind about trying an NFL career.

sperry
1/4/2011, 03:44 PM
Maybe he was actually being intelligent and preparing with the knowledge that it's unlikely that any given person will make it in the NFL. A degree from Stanford is going to do you a hell of a lot more good than a degree from OU. Even if he does make it to the NFL, the average career is like 5 years. Over those 5 years he'd probably get paid a total of $3-4 million. After you pay taxes and your agent, kind of hard to live off the remaining money for the rest of your life, meaning once again that Stanford degree is gonna come in handy.

cvsooner
1/4/2011, 06:12 PM
Stanford gave the world Herbert Hoover and Condoleeza Rice. I think we're still paying the price for that.

Sooner_Tuf
1/4/2011, 07:35 PM
Beeler said when he left the culture there was a better fit for the lifestyle he wanted to live. I always thought the insinuation was he was a little light in the loafers.

rainiersooner
1/4/2011, 07:38 PM
Beeler said when he left the culture there was a better fit for the lifestyle he wanted to live. I always thought the insinuation was he was a little light in the loafers.

What does light in the loafers mean?

yermom
1/4/2011, 07:48 PM
teh ghey

stoopified
1/5/2011, 07:23 AM
Gotta go with this.Ditto

sooner518
1/5/2011, 08:33 AM
I loved being at OU and think its a great school and a great city to spend your college years, but if I had had a full ride to Stanford.... kind of a no-brainer. I know with football in the equation, that evens it out quite a bit, but I cant fault the guy for wanting to go there and the opportunities that will come along with having a Stanford degree.

gernblansten
1/5/2011, 10:28 AM

Based on the average length of NFL careers, you think maybe having a degree from Stanford might still be a good idea even if he ends up playing in the NFL?

OUmillenium
1/5/2011, 10:40 AM
:pop:

picasso
1/5/2011, 11:52 AM
Good for him. I can't fault anyone for taking a path or making a change that was better for them.