PDA

View Full Version : Uconn fan sites reactions to game?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2011, 08:33 PM
What are they saying?

Whet
1/3/2011, 08:40 PM
"We had too many chances get away from us."
"We got our butts whipped."
"We need a QB and a prime-time receiver, like OU."

LASooner
1/3/2011, 08:45 PM
"What time is the basketball game?"

instigator
1/3/2011, 08:47 PM
From what I read they are proud of the effort their team gave but know they were outmatched and expected the result. No crying or anything like that. They think it just showed how far theynhave to go to be a legit top 10 program.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 08:57 PM
solid posting going on over on their boards

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2011, 09:05 PM
I think for the most part their coaching search has eclipsed the kind of post-game assessments that we otherwise might be seeing.

There is some pretty good material coming out of that line of thought though, I was particularly amused by one of them saying they would never support Leach as head coach for UConn because in the Northeast they play "smashmouth football" which is apparently a foreign concept to those of us living in the South. XD

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6975341&p=2 (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6975341&p=2)

badger
1/3/2011, 09:08 PM
That was a dick move by their coach, not telling any of the assistants or players he was going to Maryland, not even after the game, then just flying directly to Maryland.

Aside from green suit guy, UConn seems to be a cool program that perhaps someday will appreciate their football as much as their basketball.

Soonermagik
1/3/2011, 09:21 PM
Uconn has nothing to be sorry about.They played hard and came up short. Why do these coaches lie? Just tell the players the truth and move on.

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2011, 09:32 PM
I think it was another one of those "about face" situations where you had a coach who went out of their way to give everyone in the program the impression that they want to be there for the long haul latching onto the very first ticket out of there they were handed. It smacks of Lane Kiffin and Rich Rodriguez to be perfectly honest. He was probably concerned that the fanbase would react similarly or that he'd be confronted about selling out.

MeMyself&Me
1/3/2011, 09:51 PM
Meh, I think he should tell the players before it's announced but I don't have any problem with a coach saying he's staying all the way until he has a new contract signed. What else is he supposed to say?

AND, given how fast Todman announced he was headed for the draft, how do we know he didn't tell the players.

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2011, 10:44 PM
It's one thing to say you are staying and another to start coaching somewhere and name your son "Knox" only to leave Knoxville a year later. A coach should be up front if they are going to keep their eye on the horizon. Stoops has repeatedly said he didn't envision himself coaching at the same place for over a decade.

cleller
1/3/2011, 10:47 PM
Probably just feeling generous because we won, but I thought they were a class outfit. Never shrank away, made us work for it.

Breadburner
1/3/2011, 10:56 PM
"The game was closer than the score indicated"......

King Barry's Back
1/3/2011, 10:59 PM
I think for the most part their coaching search has eclipsed the kind of post-game assessments that we otherwise might be seeing.

There is some pretty good material coming out of that line of thought though, I was particularly amused by one of them saying they would never support Leach as head coach for UConn because in the Northeast they play "smashmouth football" which is apparently a foreign concept to those of us living in the South. XD

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6975341&p=2 (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6975341&p=2)

That usually means the weather is too cold and crappy for a pass-happy offense to work well up north. I think this idea has been mostly discredited, but that doesn't stop people from posting it on their boards.

King Barry's Back
1/3/2011, 11:07 PM
A coach should be up front if they are going to keep their eye on the horizon. Stoops has repeatedly said he didn't envision himself coaching at the same place for over a decade.

That's a nice sentiment, but it doesn't work in the real world. You can not be upfront about considering other options, really in any workplace, because it undermines your standing in your current position.

Imagine, you work for a boss that says things like "I just laid out a two-yr plan for this division, but that'll probably change because I just sent my resume to four of our major competitors. But I want you to go ahead and invest 100 percent in this plan so that i will look as good as possible to those people when I get invited for interviews. And in case I don't get another offer."

And let's not lionize Bob Stoops. He is a great coach, he is great for OU, and I want to keep him til retirement and turn him and his familiy into real Okies. But he is a human being worried about his career and taking care of his family as best as he can like everybody else.

How many times did Stoops say that he would listen to any other opportunities that came along? And how many times did he parlay that game into a nice pay raise for himself? And do you really believe that just because none of his coaches ratted him out publicly, that none of them knew his real plans (especially when his brother was on staff)?

OUthunder
1/3/2011, 11:18 PM

That is BS. The game was never in doubt. Honestly, we should have won by 42. The score made it seem closer than it really was.

Breadburner
1/3/2011, 11:21 PM
That is BS. The game was never in doubt. Honestly, we should have won by 42. The score made it seem closer than it really was.

It was a joke..Spanky.....:D

OUthunder
1/3/2011, 11:23 PM
It was a joke..Spanky.....:D

Knowing UCONN fans, they probably feel that way. Rich ****kin yuppie ***** mother****ers.

BudsBoy
1/3/2011, 11:23 PM
Some are now saying that the head coach was not working with the team because he was working to make a deal. That is why they lost the game.

mgsooner
1/3/2011, 11:30 PM
Who cares

SoonerMarkVA
1/3/2011, 11:43 PM
Uconn has nothing to be sorry about.They played hard and came up short. Why do these coaches lie? Just tell the players the truth and move on.

:les:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/4/2011, 09:32 AM

Yes, real score was 48 - 6. I don't count the 14 they got from us... They earned only 6.

Jacie
1/4/2011, 09:47 AM
I think it was another one of those "about face" situations where you had a coach who went out of their way to give everyone in the program the impression that they want to be there for the long haul latching onto the very first ticket out of there they were handed. It smacks of Lane Kiffin and Rich Rodriguez to be perfectly honest. He was probably concerned that the fanbase would react similarly or that he'd be confronted about selling out.

Yeah, after 12 years he hadn't even unpacked his bags . . .

Aldebaran
1/4/2011, 09:50 AM
I would be careful not to mock green suit guy too much. He apparently has a brother that attends OU (I've seen him at the OU Mens basketball games).

Harry Beanbag
1/4/2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, real score was 48 - 6. I don't count the 14 they got from us... They earned only 6.

If you're going down that road then the "real" score would have been 34-6.

CobraKai
1/4/2011, 10:20 AM
If you're going down that road then the "real" score would have been 34-6.

I only discount their non-offensive TDs. Theirs were luck. Ours were perfectly legit and should be counted. :)

badger
1/4/2011, 11:17 AM

This is what losing teams say after they are blown out, but for anyone who caught the men's game last night, you know there's definitely truth to this statement sometimes, and the UConn game WAS close enough at one point for me to start bribing my dogs. First it was treats after TD's. Then, it was somewhat sick me promising to take them for a mile jog in the morning if we win.

Despite my soar throat and 10 degree Tulsa weather that Sunday morning, we went on that freezing run, because I knew if we didn't, OU would never win another game ever again ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/4/2011, 12:12 PM
I only discount their non-offensive TDs. Theirs were luck. Ours were perfectly legit and should be counted. :)

What he said...

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2011, 12:31 PM

By that logic the real score was 34-6. Just sayin'...

(It's a 4 TD arse-whuppin' any way you slice it.)

Seamus
1/4/2011, 01:29 PM
If you had a quarter for every time OSU beat OU you'd have $16.

I ain't great at math, but shouldn't that be $4?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/4/2011, 01:38 PM
By that logic the real score was 34-6. Just sayin'...

(It's a 4 TD arse-whuppin' any way you slice it.)

Don't you know, all our scores count, only the ones they earned do...

tfoolry
1/4/2011, 01:56 PM
All your base are belong to us.

btb916
1/4/2011, 01:59 PM
Knowing UCONN fans, they probably feel that way. Rich ****kin yuppie ***** mother****ers.

Woah settle down chap.

You still want to meet on the polo field at 4? Make sure to wear a warm sweater vest.