PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck sh!ts Tiffany cufflinks

prrriiide
1/3/2011, 08:18 PM
So saith ESPiN. Once in a generation QB my arse. 10 bux sez he don't start an NFL game as a rookie.

PLaw
1/3/2011, 08:20 PM
Let the Luck Lovefest begin / continue.

good playuh, but he can't carry Sam's jock.

BOOMER

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2011, 08:20 PM
So saith ESPiN. Once in a generation QB my arse. 10 bux sez he don't start an NFL game as a rookie.

Depends on if he really goes as high as is being reported (#1). If so, he'll go to a bad team that will be forced to play him regardless of his readiness. Just bidness.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 08:24 PM
I bet he starts if he goes to Carolina which is what I've seen a lot

sperry
1/3/2011, 08:24 PM
Luck is really, really good. He has stanford at 11-1. He's completing 75% of his passes. He and Sam are the two best passing QBs since Peyton Manning, although Luck is a better runner and has a stronger arm. He's going to be a great pro.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2011, 08:34 PM
If Luck does declare and is taken 1st, he should send a thank-you note to Sam. Sam has made every GM comfortable with taking a QB #1 overall and not getting burned. Last year, they were even calling Luck "the poor man's Sam Bradford".

Okie35
1/3/2011, 08:40 PM
Luck is really, really good. He has stanford at 11-1. He's completing 75% of his passes. He and Sam are the two best passing QBs since Peyton Manning, although Luck is a better runner and has a stronger arm. He's going to be a great pro.

Depends where he goes. He may go to a team that will have to build around him.

rekamrettuB
1/3/2011, 08:42 PM

Ya these once in a generation players are popping up about over other year.

soonerinkaty
1/3/2011, 08:42 PM
How many once in a generation players is there gonna be?

Okie35
1/3/2011, 08:43 PM

So true it seems like there's one every year.

budbarrybob
1/3/2011, 08:44 PM

DO NOT bring facts and logic to an argument on this board.. I should neg spek you for your insolence!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 09:00 PM
and he is throwing that percentage in a pro type offense which is more impressive

sperry
1/3/2011, 09:04 PM
Depends where he goes. He may go to a team that will have to build around him.

He'll be good wherever he goes. He's just a really good football player. Plus, there's no way he ends up with a team worse than the rams. The Rams may have had the least offensive talent in any team in the history of the NFL this season. Most of their skill position players shouldn't have even been on a practice squad.

tcrb
1/3/2011, 09:05 PM
I thought tebow was this generation's once in a generation player....or was he the once in a lifetime player? I'm confused now. :confused:

oumartin
1/3/2011, 09:05 PM
Luck would have never thrown a pick in that game last night like Sam did. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 09:07 PM
The Rams may have had the least offensive talent in any team in the history of the NFL this season. Most of their skill position players shouldn't have even been on a practice squad.

I would have to disagree...A star RB, an Oline that was middle of the pack as far as sacks given up..they had a decent group for only winning 1 game last year....WR's are bad

SoonerDood
1/3/2011, 09:49 PM
Ya these once in a generation players are popping up about over other week.

Fixed.

instigator
1/3/2011, 10:15 PM
What's with the hate for Luck? I know espn is saying he's good but if you watch him, he is pretty damn good. Ive never heard a word out of the kid. He doesnt self promote or anything like that. He does, however, hit MFers that intercept him. Good luck to him. I'm sure he'll be just fine in the NFL.

ictsooner7
1/3/2011, 10:36 PM

Tebow started his rookie year - Luck will too.

Breadburner
1/3/2011, 11:03 PM
His dad is AD at WVU......

bluedogok
1/4/2011, 12:21 AM

So true it seems like there's one every year.
It's a short attention span society.....so there is a "new generation" every year :rolleyes:

Okie35
1/4/2011, 12:36 AM
What's with the hate for Luck? I know espn is saying he's good but if you watch him, he is pretty damn good. Ive never heard a word out of the kid. He doesnt self promote or anything like that. He does, however, hit MFers that intercept him. Good luck to him. I'm sure he'll be just fine in the NFL.

He's good. His line is awesome-er.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2011, 12:39 AM
Watching the press conference, when Andrew Luck was asked about the NFL decision he said "I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to address that subject anymore - I want to enjoy this win".

Right answer!

Breadburner
1/4/2011, 12:41 AM
Actually it was a fumble by the running back......

N5STc2_bM7k

Okie35
1/4/2011, 12:42 AM
Watching the press conference, when Andrew Luck was asked about the NFL decision he said "I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to address that subject anymore - I want to enjoy this win".

Right answer!

Yea he has till the 15th I think.

melrosebeach
1/4/2011, 12:51 AM
I think Luck will be a good pro but ESPN already has him in the HOF with 5 SB rings

rekamrettuB
1/4/2011, 09:44 AM
Mike and Mike just teased the following before the break: "Is Andrew Luck the best QB prospect since John Elway?"

And, BTW, they weren't talking about just Stanford QBs either.

Also, I love this about Harbaugh and how he treats his players, etc. Last night when the Sweetcheaks reporter was talking to Harbaugh he said about 6 words then said "talk to these guys...they played great". This wasn't the first time he's done that either. After the huge upset vs USC a couple years back he did the same thing.

Harry Beanbag
1/4/2011, 09:54 AM
I have to admit to having somewhat of a man crush on Luck. He is really good and plays the game a different way than you normally see pro style QB's do it. The way he sprints to different areas on the field, under pressure or not, to get a better angle to throw to a spot he knows is going to come open is truly unique. Not to mention he has a freaking cannon for an arm and the attitude of a linebacker.

I guess I also have a man crush on Jim Harbaugh and the entire Stanford program right now. The toughness he has instilled on that team full of smart white dudes is truly impressive and something I wish we had in Norman. Not to mention Harbaugh basically telling Rece Davis to go **** himself on the trophy platform after the out of line question about his future following the game was awesome.

rekamrettuB
1/4/2011, 10:08 AM
Ya I'm with you Harry. I didn't mean any disrespect to Luck by what Mike and Mike were saying. I think Luck is really, really good. But Luck is being compared to a HOF QB w/ 5 AFC championships and 2 NFL championships. It's not a fair comparison. Also there's been plenty of really good QB prospects since then. Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Drew Bledsoe, heck even Vinny Testeverde. All those guys were big time draft prospects.

yermom
1/4/2011, 10:13 AM
I have to admit to having somewhat of a man crush on Luck. He is really good and plays the game a different way than you normally see pro style QB's do it. The way he sprints to different areas on the field, under pressure or not, to get a better angle to throw to a spot he knows is going to come open is truly unique. Not to mention he has a freaking cannon for an arm and the attitude of a linebacker.

I guess I also have a man crush on Jim Harbaugh and the entire Stanford program right now. The toughness he has instilled on that team full of smart white dudes is truly impressive and something I wish we had in Norman. Not to mention Harbaugh basically telling Rece Davis to go **** himself on the trophy platform after the out of line question about his future following the game was awesome.

yep. i'd much rather hear about him than other crap they seem to attach to on ESPN.

him running over guys and decleating dudes is just badass. he'll get killed if he tries to keep that up though :D

TUSooner
1/4/2011, 11:03 AM
Let the Luck Lovefest begin / continue.

good playuh, but he can't carry Sam's jock.

BOOMER

Sam carries his own jock. That's just the kind of guy he is.

Re: Andrew Luck. Why does anybody seemed shocked in the least when ESPN (or the sports media in general) gets all over-the-top-giddy about some decent player? As my sig used to say, "One dog barks at nothing, and the rest bark at him." ESPN = barking dogs. If every QB lived up to the hype, you wouldn't have all those NFL teams looking around for their next QB.
Right 49ers, Cardinals, Panthers?

TUSooner
1/4/2011, 11:06 AM
Actually it was a fumble by the running back......

N5STc2_bM7k

That was pretty cool. :D

TopDawg
1/4/2011, 11:09 AM
Andrew Luck has a good muppet voice.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/4/2011, 11:10 AM
Luck would have never thrown a pick in that game last night like Sam did. ;)

Andrew Luck's so good, having no receivers wouldn't bother him. He would just run down the field and catch his own passes.

delhalew
1/4/2011, 11:12 AM

I can appreciate the fact that, if get an INT, he is likely to knock you out of your cleats.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/4/2011, 12:27 PM

I'll take that bet. NFL qb'ing is down. Way down.

How down?

Jimmy freakin' Clausen got some starts this year down.

Luck looks way better than Clausen ever did.

yermom
1/4/2011, 12:28 PM
i don't see how rainbow passes to Golden Taint gets you in the NFL

Sooners78
1/4/2011, 12:35 PM

:eek:

Sooners78
1/4/2011, 12:38 PM

I missed that. What exactly did Harbaugh say?

rekamrettuB
1/4/2011, 01:37 PM
I missed that. What exactly did Harbaugh say?

He said "have some respect for the game...let's talk about it".

cleller
1/4/2011, 06:10 PM
Tiffany cuff-links?

Only his plumber knows for sure.

stoopified
1/5/2011, 07:17 AM
Luck be a lady

sooner518
1/5/2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.langantiques.com/images/external/130/1292355828_130_1_212__1_of_2__copy.jpg

he won't have to crap out these babies anymore once he starts getting an NFL paycheck.....

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2011, 01:08 PM
Panthers leaked they would pick Luck at #1 if he comes out*.

That feels a bit like tampering to me.

*according to "sources" - plausible denyability

NormanPride
1/5/2011, 01:36 PM
Poor Clausen...

SpankyNek
1/5/2011, 02:02 PM
I'll take that bet. NFL qb'ing is down. Way down.

How down?

Jimmy freakin' Clausen got some starts this year down.

Luck looks way better than Clausen ever did.
Think the Panthers take him #1 overall?

How many teams in NFL history have spent back-to-back first round picks on a QB?